IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1298 4 years ago

Most magnets get hot pretty quick. I wonder how this is going to hang on to one or two balls before it gets too hot and has to drop them? It's got to be an easy lock shot to speed up this process. I guess it's just one of the main ramp shots.

And if it does have to drop them... then what? Two ball multiball maybe?

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Maybe I’m going crazy too but CrazyLevi has been making a lot of sense lately!

It's the new medication

1 week later
#3219 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is why I’m fine with it. It’s obviously something that can be remedied.

Yeah you know it has to be fixable as in the reveal stream we all saw they were dumping it into it's maw on the first attempt half the time. Hence the "not that satisfying" comment as ramp went down, ball goes in and there is the quick quiet clip of it turning into dandelions... it did seem kinda anti-climatic sound and video wise. Easy fix for THAT anyways.
Good luck with it.

2 weeks later
#4802 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Ok then. Had to ask. I'm still a bit sceptical. Since usually people have different expectations and opinions about stuff, what's good enough or great (like audio and video quality).
Is there a reason why Stern is not streaming a premium with "correctly" set up camera and lighting? Currently people are making purchase decisions based on these "wrongly lit" videos. And these are not impressive.

Stern's initial promo for the game showed it in a completely dark environment recorded as professionally as they could. You could check that out.

#5110 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I agree with u here bro. About parts being sub standard and cheap. And I also get the 4.30 syndrome too. I work on An assembly line myself for one of the big 3, and I can totally see how all this tied together when it comes to assembly line and quality. I see it on a daily basis. What I think should happen is tighter QC on the suppliers. That’s where it should start. Yeah. I get it. Bottom line and all that crap. But they should hold their suppliers to a higher QC standard. I would start there. Personally.

Wait until your flipper coil stops fall off within a year. Your SP probably has the originals in it.

It's been reported for well over a year, maybe two, and they still snap off. I guess they can't fix it cuz it's "hard"

Most likely they still have 100,000 of these to burn through from that suppliers shipment. At least it's an easy fix.

#5442 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddict78:

Some of you Spooky guys have blinders to that company as well. You can still buy Alice Cooper brand new right now. Seems like with a low production and the amazing quality that would not be available. On top of that the operator who bought one here turned it on and it was immediately smoking. Does not sound like great quality control.

Hey that smoke was a FEATURE... not a bug.

3 weeks later
#6637 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would be interested to really know the actual numbers breakdown. I think it would be surprising how much home collectors are keeping them afloat.

Well Gary did say at the BM66 party that home buyers were now over 70% of his market.

That said it certainly helps raise public awareness of pinball in general by having these nicely stocked barcades. Even now most people would say "I didn't even know they still MADE pinballs"

We're a rarefied group people - let's not all turn on each other. Yes people get emotional and hyperbolic but buying a huge expensive heavy machine that you'll probably be bored of within six months is the furthest thing from *rational* anyway.

And I've concluded that's what helps make the hobby great

#6644 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those receptacles were thoughtfully put there so Stern apologists can make love to the machine.

So you're implying Stern fans are woefully underdeveloped? That's pretty harsh dude

#6649 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

WoZ lightboards! We are charging you for lights that we cocked up in the first place!

Don't see your point. Everybody hated that deal also.

Maybe in the literature before the machines actually went on sale they could have stated "UV kit coming soon! Available for all models. Priced separately"

Then people would have been forewarned and maybe even excited about it. Apparently now a lot of people feel like Stern got over on them. You can say it's just emotions but emotions are what sell these things in the first place.

#6765 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Just because watching the bickering is fun I will add -
My fully loaded RaM with tax tag and delivery is 50 dollars less than the STHLE my friend just had delivered with all options before considering the 289 dollar light add on or any upcoming potential topper.

Is that with the thousand dollar CCoated cab extra? I hope...

#6772 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

It’s not a Stranger Things or Rick & Morty decision. Both games can exist as well as every game that came before and after. I have both on order, should be getting my LE next week and Rick and Morty next month.
I love the Rick and Morty theme and bought it on theme alone. The projector and UV look amazing in Stranger things. Guns and Roses will hopefully be great. This doesn’t have to be like politics you can belong to both camps

Ahhh a ray of sanity. To add to this you don't have to LIKE every thing a company does... even if you are usually supportive of them. It shouldn't be an "all in" kinda proposition.

But that's the interwebz... you feel attacked so you get in a defensive crouch and find you're arguing from a far more "radical" point of view than you originally intended. No moderates allowed.

Been there.

#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

How can the test game at the factory not crash on the new code, but everyone else’s does? I’ve never understood this. Don’t they test this stuff?

Well Stern does monitor these threads on new releases so hopefully these complaints (and bug reports sent) will lead to a quick "hotfix" for you guys even if they don't currently have much more code to offer as an update.

#6955 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

No, must be the lighting....

It's not the lighting. I think if you like the gameplay the airballs from the center ramp are something you have live with. You could always swap out the side ramp flaps periodically and the bonus is you'll get good with a rivet tool

What may be more of a worry is the exposed ends of the plastic ramps. In this pic you can see a crack on the top end of the ramp... right side. Zoom in to see it. Maybe something metal could be made to protect the top ends of the plastic ramps.
STRamp (resized).jpgSTRamp (resized).jpg

#6961 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Those "...." didn't give away the cynisism?

actually it didn't. lol. I tend to use those ellipses all the time... but not to show cynicism. Guess it went over my head.

#7011 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Funny you mentioned AFMr.
I honestly don't care much about dimpling but I have to admit, when I sold my AFMr, I was cleaning the playfield and inspecting it really well. I literally could BARELY see a dimple on it. That playfield was probably the best one I've ever owned. Also, JJP Dialed In I don't think I could see one.
So weird.
I'm still willing to bet that buyers who buy NIB Stranger Things machines in a few months - after they've sat for a while curing in the box - will have less dimpling issues.
Most automotive clear coats take up to 30 days to fully cure and achieve their maximum hardness rating. Most of the people on Pinside get their games a few days after the assembly of the machine and start playing them. I think if it could be tracked, the dimpling problems are more than likely correlated to the time between date of manufacture and the date it was first played.

But CC is *supposed* to flex. That's why your plastic car bumper can get radically pushed in and then pop back without all the clear immediately cracking and falling off.

If the wood is soft and takes a hit the clear flexes with it. Surely you don't think a millimeter of ANY clear will magically create a such a hard surface that stops softer wood from being compressed by a steel ball. Imagine if it was super hard and inflexible... it would crack and shatter like an ipad screen when hit by airballs, etc.

That being said the extreme shine on these newer CC's also make the dimples (or divots) really catch the light and wink at you.

And not in a good way

#7014 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a fresh, unique take on this subject. You’ve given us all a lot to think about.

Now THAT'S the Levi I like! Even when triggered... still funny . Don't let 'em get you too defensive... your humor level drops and we're here for the jokes!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 39.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.