• No, I am not interested 439 votes
    36%
  • Maybe, not a huge fan of the franchise but maybe if it plays well 100 votes
    8%
  • I like pizza 202 votes
    16%

(1225 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 725 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DDF9D9C8-FA3E-43C1-B549-BF55CBCB495C (resized).jpeg
3AD2602B-9325-4B6D-A17A-C7009D00CDD3 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200224-104803_Photos (resized).jpg
20200224_015642 (resized).jpg
f4befb643a37a025e03548b99ca25fbb23c66e7d (resized).png
Screenshot_20200219-202600_YouTube (resized).jpg
groundhog day (resized).jpg
IMG_20191218_173431 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191218_173428 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (1 year ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (1 year ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (1 year ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (1 year ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (1 year ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by vidgameseller (1 year ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (1 year ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (1 year ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 1 year ago

I liked season 3 a lot. Brian Eddy can design some amazing mechs, so my expectations are pretty high. Does this theme have staying power? What about 5 years from now? Will it be be like 24, or CSI?

1 week later
#192 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

How far behind are premiums usually?

Premiums usually ship 60-90 days from announce.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, check the stats on the threads: Ram 566 Pinsiders vs StrT 76 Pinsiders.

Not totally fair since one has been announced, reviled, and sold, while the other hasn't been confirmed by Stern.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's what some say too but why do that 2 days before xmas?
It is a bit funny that Spooky beat them to the punch with a theme that was gonna be Godzilla that Stern stole out from underneath them!
Supposedly the artwork is crappy photoshop on ST amongst some other issues.

I really think Stern got caught with their pants down on this release. They didn't expect Spooky to announce and sell the game 72 hours later. Lots of money tied up now.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hopefully Stern won’t counter that with a half baked release, I’d rather wait a few more weeks for them to reveal and polish this one.

The Stern release plans were baked before R&M was known publicly. Doubt they change it now. Why would they? R&M is already sold out with non-refundable deposits.

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Really there’s no excuse for that![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can see any of these assets being used for the Playfield and cabinet. Pinside / Kaneda would still complain.

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So now I've heard reports of games sitting at locations waiting to be unveiled from 3 different cities across the US... maybe there is something to these rumors, regardless, we know it is coming Stern, just show us what you have!

Tommy - I will say if you have a good relationship with your distributor, it would be a good time to give them a ring as an operator.

#544 1 year ago
E584E698-D399-439C-AC8A-F713B20F9849 (resized).jpeg
#660 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

NO I think its you can't read. The Poll asks if you're interested in Stranger Things Pinball. I said no because I'm not a fan of the TV Show. DUH!

Are you really arguing with yourself? Wow.

#665 1 year ago

I like that. Or “STh”

#726 1 year ago

You guys really think today is the day? I'm not so sure.

#810 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

He did the backglass on the GOT LE.

And the Dragon on the cabinet.

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Of course Stern is delaying this release ….. Prices go up January 1st.

The funny thing is....this is actually correct. street price is +$100 for all games except Elvira.

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

They were playing it in the dark and some scenes looked washed out.

Yeah pinstadium has no chance on STH premium / LE

#1043 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pinstadiums arent needed on any pin imo... just a few spotlights is all u need by the flipper area.

I agree. But you wouldn’t even want those spotlights on the premium / LE of this game.

#1050 1 year ago
Quoted from RobCraig:

- How about an upside down flipping mini playfield like Lights Camera Action?

So let me understand this: You want this game to be like Lights, Camera, Action?

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Time to nail down a good acronym. ST is taken in more ways the one. Maybe SST?

No. STH. Done.

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from RobCraig:

And you own a Hoops? LCA is a fantastic game. But not the point. If you know the machine, you know that a portion of the playfield flips. Seems like a concept that could be re-engineered into something here.

Just stop. LCA is one of the worst games ever flipped.

#1077 1 year ago

Eggo is cool but way too deep. 11 is cool but focused on one character. I still say STH.

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

wonder if tomorrow is just the official release of this same video, or if more info.....want to see Pro.

Monday for more.

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Whatever it is, I hope the pro art is better. The art on premium it's just ok but should be amazing considering the material.

I think the art looks good so far, but these are screen grabs from a video. It resembles the show. I am going to wait for high res photos before passing judgement.

#1599 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pinball life has brackets that eliminate the spot target shifting.

Stern games lately have had target splints built into the target bracket.

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it is Monday. Do we get to see an actual release today?

Yes (resized).jpeg
#1633 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

I know *we* would love it, but I'm just thinking about the logistics of who has to be WORKING to announce something. Ie: distributors need to be taking orders, answering phones/emails. People at Stern need to be available to support their distributors.
I could be wrong, and all of these people want to work over Christmas.

You think Stern is closed for the week? Nope. They’ll be closed Christmas Day. That’s it.

#1635 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Fair enough. That answers my question. Sucks to be them.

That’s being said I am sure many of the folks that have nothing to do with this release activity or current manufacturing line will be on vacation.

#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So will the Pro still feature video clips etc on the LCD screen? If so, that should be good enough for me.

Yes. Video and audio from the show.

#1700 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I like the Pro art the most! Not a huge fan of all the inserts but the layout looks fun. I can't wait to play it. The price is a little annoying but I guess that's modern pinball.

Pro "street" price is +$100 @ $5700.

#1725 1 year ago

As others have said, this game may be on location as early as TODAY to play. Thats how you launch a game!

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from jdroc:

As for shipping, so much for "out the door this week" - my distro says Pro/LE in January and Premium in February

A small number of Pros were delivered to distributors. They may be sold by now.

#1749 1 year ago

Stern Insider Brian Eddy podcast interview is up!

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 11.07.48 AM (resized).png
#1778 1 year ago

DLP LED projector.

#1966 1 year ago

First game on location ? My Parents Basement in Atlanta Metro!

5D602B4D-D14C-4968-B749-834ED3D97C98 (resized).jpeg65445714-C2F0-4BFD-A344-E932156C6BA4 (resized).jpeg7135F4F6-2C55-4A24-98C2-785BE3DF2840 (resized).jpeg9209825C-1058-49EB-A978-D2E7F3E25CE7 (resized).jpegBBB43D89-8A60-444D-89F7-08AF6AA9FCF3 (resized).jpeg
#1977 1 year ago

Code is supper early. .62

New game setup menu when you first turn it on.

#1982 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So how does it shoot!

I have played two games. I like it a lot. Shoots familiar which isn’t a bad thing sometimes. Left orbit to right ramp return is cool. Like Deadpool Premium. The center drops are dangerous but not too crazy. The demogorgon modes are fun. Lots of video assets.

#2006 1 year ago

Don’t buy the pro for the Translite. Agreed. But I think this game is a winner overall from first impressions. The projector would add a lot however.

#2013 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Looks like the saucer slams the ball into the bottom of the left ramp on that pro video

Nope. The left saucer fires the ball into the middle drop targets.

#2156 1 year ago

After playing the game on location, I enjoyed it a lot. Satisfying shots. I think the stream looks pretty great. I expect the premium to really shine also. Lots of haters but this wouldn’t be a pinside reveal without them.

#2191 1 year ago

The Quicksilver remake version of LZ isn’t happening. Smoke and mirrors or change of plans, but it’s now a full blown Pro / Premium / LE release.

#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is this a known thing? Somehow I missed that. Would be a great thing if they did a full release.

A very reliable source said this a few weeks ago.

#2211 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Same game, layout is identical. No one buy Star Wars it is a retread.[quoted image]

Nice photo. But the reality is that despite the visual similarities, these games shoot nothing like each other.

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

That’s my point, was my post not dropping with enough sarcasm?

Must have been too smart. Over my head.

#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Man y'all are an angry bunch.
I just got done playing the pro for a few hours.
Game shoots great - music is killer as well as the sound effects. The code is definitely early. The game feels like AFM but with a snappier Stern feel to it.
I really enjoyed playing it and look forward to seeing the premium. It just feels great to shoot.

The people whining have not played the game. This happens every reveal.

#2254 1 year ago

If you are getting this game, some type of anti-glare glass (I prefer Roman/PDI, but they all are decent) is an absolute must. The purple GI makes for a nasty glare.

#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just hope Lonnie finishes the code.

If they just said just Lonnie was on it, I'd agree. But after playing and also listening to Mike V and Brian Eddy on the stream talk about the rules, I think this game is in good hands. All three of them are contributing, and lots to do already on .62 or .64. I wouldn't be surprised to see substantial improvements by CES next month.

#2262 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Fingers crossed for a Mrs Wheeler mode.[quoted image]

Nope. Seasons 1 and 2 only.

#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am interested for sure but call me crazy- I want to play it first, and want to see the Premium/LE in action in person. I have a feeling the upside down mode will be awesome with the projector. I am impressed with what I see so far, it looks like a fun game. BTW-looking forward to coming down and playing your R & M when you get it.

I am excited to play the premium/LE version of this game. Something tells me the projected content across a variety of targets and the "screen" will immerse you into the theme a lot more.

#2276 1 year ago

One really cool thing I think Stern deserves credit for is arranging to be able to have the game ON LOCATION ready to play the day they announce. I love that. So awesome to see the reveal of a product and be able to play it same day. Kudos for that.

#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It would be interesting to see which people posting negative comments on Stranger Things also have a place in line for Rick and Morty.

I don't understand why some people have to turn this into a Playstation vs Xbox style fanboy talk like my 10 year old. It's ok to like both, or not like them at all.

#2301 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

I’m sure it will be fun, but it looks like Eddy threw this layout together in about 5 minutes. Uninspired.

Brian said in the Stern podcast interview that he wanted his first game back in pinball to be a nod to his 90's games. I don't think that's a bad thing. I bet his second Stern game is different.

#2309 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure what the consensus is for the abbreviation of Stranger Things is but ST I am devoting to Star Trek, so I have chosen SRT.

There are currently 87 different abbreviations for this game. Well, 88 now with yours.

#2314 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

FOMO going down big with all these new pins RIGHT NOW. i'll pass on everything, wait a year or 2 and consider buying 1 of probably 6 new pinball machines available.

With Stern, it isn't really the FOMO. There isn't a rush on Stern LE models anymore since they priced the flippers out of range. More just like the "gotta have the new shiny" pinball.

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think due to the very early code most of the sound/music is still very early and placeholders. That can all be fixed eventually. Same with the lighting. One of the things that stood out to many was the lack of any visual indication you were in upside down. We are crossing fingers, this is all just due to code not being ready.

When you enter the Upside Down, all the shots go dark except for the Upside Down shots. The game seems to get darker also. You know.

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is very typical of Ken Hale’s pinball music. It’s almost always very boring & lacks that pinball energy and punch.

What happened to Jerry Thompson? He had been killing it with the recent games.

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

yes but at code 0.62. not really ready. a box of lights basically.

I wouldn't call it that, but yes it is not done. Watch the stream. Far from a box of lights.

#2385 1 year ago

SNFLXSTNGRTHGS

#2537 1 year ago

I am pretty sure the stream code was further along than the .62 shipping code. May explain the differences.

#2580 1 year ago

Interested to see how this earns compares to Jurassic Park.

#2584 1 year ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I wonder if there should be different scoring systems for tournament play and just overall enjoyment for anybody / casual players here on pinside.
Casual players like often long playing pins with good theme integration and novel toys vs score balancing, strategy and difficulty for tournament players.

There are lots of game adjustments that allow for exactly what you are saying.

#2598 1 year ago

This game does not play easy by default out of the box. It plays like a normal difficulty pinball machines. It’s fair.

#2612 1 year ago

For good reason, lots of folks are excited to see the projector. This could be amazing or a dud. Interested to see it myself!!!!

#2639 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Can somebody clarify, did all Stern titles just go up in price by $100 or was it just Stranger Things?

All Stern except Elvira and Beetles went up $100

#2685 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would’ve been funny if they had Hopper do his best AFM jackpot and super jackpot callouts.

Obviously there is a TON of Hopper voice work coming in future code. Maybe the playfield design wasn't Brian's only nod to his 90's roots.

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I haven't played it yet but have talked to several friends that have and the consensus seems to be that they really like how it shoots but the fatal flaw is how difficult the Demogorgan is to hit, and you can get locked into the mode of you can't hit it. One friend described it as the hardest shot in pinball and said that the Hole in One shot in NGG is easier.
I hope to get a chance to play it sometime in the next week to decide for myself.

Not sure what example they played but the shot wasn’t that hard for me. I wonder if the game was setup at a really shallow or steep pitch. Where did they play it?

#2782 1 year ago

I played the one in Atlanta on location at My Parents Basement quite a bit and was able to hit the shot many times. Strange.

#3118 1 year ago

I don't get this either. Dwight games in general have been fantastic. Cool strategy and high energy choreography. With Munsters, I believe Gomez gave poor direction on this. He told Dwight to make a simple game and didn't let Dwight be Dwight. Munsters will get an update soon that will make folks happy.

#3125 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I agree that Dwight is a great rules designer. Some of his games are my favorite, GOT for example. But he was a guest on the 24 hour stream that SpecialWhenLit did and he said again that there a NO plans for a Munster's code update. He went on to say that if there was one it would be several months out, but followed that up with "but it's not gonna happen". I really think his hands are tied on this one.

Thats too bad. I am trying to find the the post where I saw it mentioned by someone usually "in the know". Guess it doesn't matter if Dwight himself already said no. Well, he didn't really say yes to Ghostbusters either until much later in the game so....

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Stern needs to keep the lines running. Elvira was a sales disappointment, so the next game in the queue gets shoved out the door, ready or not. We've seen it many times before. Gotg comes to mind. That was an end of the year release too, wasn't it?
Feels like they're dumping this one...

I don't think so. The 12/23 launch date was planned for a long time. I bet part of it was to crank out some additional sales volume before the year end.

#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Dwight Sullivan does quite a bit of shallow coding. I had this debate in the Munsters thread when it was announced. Wasn’t proven wrong.
He’s no Mr. Sheats, that’s beyond dispute.

Play Game of Thrones and Star Wars. Not shallow. George Gomez told him to make Munsters shallow, which was a mistake. Dwight mentioned this direction in interviews. Back to the Lonnie show...

#3273 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Absolutely 0%

Agreed. They have already negotiated the terms of the license agreement and assets they would have access to. It is done.

#3355 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

But most of their games get finished at some point.

Typically 60-90 days from release.

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

Bk3000 is a fun. Is stranger things that bad?

Absolutely not. Shots feel great and lots of iconic elements from the show even at .75 code. One is on location near you in Nashville, I suggest you check it out!

#3686 1 year ago

The issue with the up post seems pretty wide spread. The game on location here had it break also.

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did it break to come loose? Like the post by the JP upper flipper.

My understanding is the post separated from the assembly. I have not inspected in person.

#3758 1 year ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I just ordered a Pro model. Will be getting it in about a week and a half. I didn’t order the model with the shaker motor in it. But as an after thought, now I want it. So I see we can buy shaker motors to install in our machines, but I’m not sure wether this machine is SAM or SPIKE. does anyone know which setup this machine is using so I can order the right shaker motor ??

You want Spike. Order from Pinballlife.com. Easy install.

#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think it's going to show up great in game rooms.

When you watch the video, the projector looks much better. Forget the photos that are way above the machine of off axis. Player position is what matters.

#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

magnetic ball save? I sure would!

I think you need to buy an Alice Cooper game if you want that. Spooky has a few left.

#4075 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Pretty sure that you're not going to get any real quality video of the Prem/LE from CES, and that is by design. It didn't sound like there were any plans to stream any Prem/LE either.

Why do you think Stern flew Jack out to CES?

#4077 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

he had a stream going last night so i got excited thinking i may see the projector. however, it was just him chatting and he specifically said there are no plans on streaming the premium/le this week.
i got sad

Well that sucks. No one really wants to see the Pro streamed anyway, we can all go play it now.

#4081 1 year ago

I am sure someone at CES will shoot some video. Curious to see where they are at with the content.

#4211 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Screen clip, unmodified, from a video taken at CES. It's well lit but you can't see a damn thang. That's kind of crazy really.
For comparison reason, projector screens in an equally lit room.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How is that a comparison? A commercial projector?

#4214 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's not a commercial projector.
That's just a projector that has the correct lumens output and reflective projection material. Which is the point, all Stern needed to do was get a projector with additional lumens, likely only a few more bucks. Which is the point here..

You are comparing a projector in a huge conference room that potentially hundreds can view to an apron mounted projector that ONE person needs to view. Not a fair comparison kpg

#4215 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Why would you not expect a commercial projector in a commercial product such as a pinball machine which comes with a coin door?

The image is meant for the player. One person. Not a conference.

#4221 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

the equipment used in this machine to produce projected images is not properly implemented.

I agree it is not properly implemented for CES or a CNET live video shoot with lighting rigs. It was designed for game rooms.

#4225 1 year ago

I think we can all agree that it is disappointing that Stern made zero effort to showcase the key feature of the Premium / LE version of this game. They could have taken a Premium to a small room or a light controlled environment to show the feature that everyone is waiting to see. Jack could have streamed it for a couple hours. Instead they chose to show the game in a light blasted CNET live CES stage. So if I was the game designer I wouldn't be happy that my flagship game is being presented for the first time in public in the worst possible venue. Zach should have taken the pro the the CNET stage.

#4259 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its a projected image (like at the theatre from under the apron) on a white panel as opposed to an LCD screen that is an actual display (like a tv).

It is not all about the screen, the cool part is the projections on other objects. The drop targets, standup targets, both ramps, and a marquee above the ramp all can have images / video.

#4272 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have you not seen the pictures Jack Danger posted? The projection looks fine. In fact, it looks so good at first glance I thought this was the PRO with the big sticker on the middle screen.[quoted image]

I didn't think the good Dr had time to check Pinside anymore since he is busy selling The Big Lebowski. Oh wait.

#4311 1 year ago

Coming soon from Scott: “Pinshadeiums”

Magnetic ramp canopies that enhance the projector effect on the ramps. $299.

#4450 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stop gaslighting! You’re ruining Earth!
Those are pictures of normal playfields. Modern craters are different than dimples.

We need to create the Rarehero vs Levi dimpling thread to isolate all this garbage.

#4603 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

??? So they are recommending headgear to enhance the image?

he is trying (really hard) to be funny.

#4623 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Really cool and thanks for the time to post this.
Unfortunate about the callouts but I am hoping they add some more callouts since they did hire David Harbour to make custom ones. But the cool thing is that can be modified in Pinball browser so it's not a big deal.
I don't know if I will regret this or not, but F-it.. life is short and I am going to roll the dice on another Lonnie game. I am back in for my LE order on this one, and I will be the first to experiment with different projector screen material and post the results here. I might even fire up Pinball browser myself and do an alternate sound package like I did with TWD (I was inspired by cleland)
But at the end of the day I am setting my expectations that this may not be the best pin Stern has released, it may not be a bad ass loaded Keith Elwin pin, and will not have insane Lyman code.
But, the theme seems like fun and that's what this is all about right guys? Just playing a simple game.. flip the flippers and try to beat your previous score. That's why we are all here, because we all enjoy these grown up man-toys

KPG you have come a long way in your pinball evolution. The right attitude is everything.

#4649 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just hope that it can be added to the games that weren’t released with it.

It's certainly possible. The question there is wether Stern thinks it is worth the development effort to add it to existing games. I'm petty surprised also that they haven't released it yet. I bet if JJP started releasing it built in to the games, we would see it quicker.

#4651 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

JJP will be. They already have people testing WiFi connectivity for updating.

Yeah I am aware of the testing. As soon as it's a standard feature that comes with the game I think things will accelerate. Lots of cool stuff possible. Operator alerts, earnings, adjustments, remote code updates. For the home player they could have some cool stuff also. Stern has the head 2 head competitions with two games next to each other where they try to complete certain game objectives first. That could translate to online very easily.

#4716 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

instead of the guy with the phone.

or mom jeans.

#4991 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to everyone tuning in last night.
The only real issue we had was a ball stuck on a gate in the first 15 min after shooting the "gorgan". Smooth sailing after that.
We used my phone to show the room several times, and it was well lit.
As mentioned, there is still so much more to come according to Brian and Lonnie.
I'm stoked to see more on those ramps!
Not sure if a pro or premium is following me home soon, but I'm excited to try some other lighting techniques, and in darker conditions.

Thanks for the stream Jack. One thing I noticed is that the left ramp seemed to be rejecting a LOT when the magnet lock was active. Was it a setup issue? Curious what Brian thought about it.

#5160 1 year ago
Quoted from SodakCox:

When does the Stern based topper typically come out?

Anywhere from 6 months to 2.5 years from game release. I wish I wasn’t serious.

#5213 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please help us then. How do you fix a demo shot that misses high every single time? So far we’ve tried:
6,6.5,7.0,7.1-7.5 pitches
Flipper power everywhere from 170-255.
Nothing as helped.
Was hoping we wouldn’t have to take the mech apart to adjust but it seems like we may have to. Looks like that will be a royal pain too. Just looking to avoid that so we’re gonna have to wait possibly and hope someone finds an easier solution.

In my experience on 2 games, it is much easier to make from the left flipper.

#5330 1 year ago

If you power up the game with the coin door open, you will get the 48v message. There is an interlock switch that disables node board power when the coin door is open.

#5334 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I get the message with the coin door closed.

Wonder if it is a simple code issue causing the warning to display incorrectly?

#5528 12 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

They're mirrored segments glued on to the glass. It's very cheap. I was surprised the first time I saw it since I was expecting a true mirrored backglass. KISS LE was the first time I saw the new definition of Stern Mirrored backglass in real life. Very disappointing.

I don’t think anyone has produced a “true” old school style mirrored backglass in years. The reason is not that they don’t want to. It’s that they can’t because the old mirroring process can’t be done anymore due to environmental rules. That’s the way it was explained to me by an industry insider a few years ago.

#5532 12 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Um, I think CPR is doing real mirrored backglasses for GnR, TZ, Addams, HS2, and TONS of others.
"Genuine tempered glass (art converted from the translite) and CUSTOM MIRRORED. This is NOT a translite. It is a mirrored backglass."
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/taf-backglass/
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/tz-backglass/
Jersey Jack WoZ ECLE backglass and Dialed In CE are mirrored, too. Maybe some of the others JJP are, too, I don't remember.
There goes that "but, it's the environment" Stern excuse.

I have purchased a CPR TAF mirrored backglass. It’s nice, but nothing close to the old school mirroring. It’s doesn’t pop the same. The process is different.

#5534 12 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I purchased a CPR SS mirrored backglass. It's very nice, but not like old school mirroring. However, I think that is due to the old backglasses being designed with planned mirror areas from the start, whereas mirrored areas are squeezed into these backglass replacements for the newer translites.

Correct. If you look at the photos on the CPR website, only certain areas of the glass are "mirrored".

#5577 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Projector's impact in prem/le is marginal.

I think it is a little premature to discount the projector. No one has played it with the latest code besides the one stream. More code is coming for it.

#5815 11 months ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Coming home right now. Unboxing pics coming soon!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats - Be sure to post in the club thread. I am sure the owners will enjoy the photos and your impressions.

#5832 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I for the life of me don't understand the level of hate for this game. This game is going to be pretty damn good I think. Sure there are some bugs and some unfortunate things going on with it but it will all get worked out. Some of you folks need to chill out for real.

But Cary Hardy said.....

I actually agree with you. The game is fun and the code is early. The hatred for this game is way overblown and quite bizarre.

#5947 11 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Sure, I guess they could say that. It was Fed Ex Freight...I've never got a game from them before. I didn't know Stern used them.
This was the box at the dock. I saw the top of the box looked a tad disturbed, so I actually did open the top and look.
I didn't see anything out of the ordinary though.
The way the game are packed the damage was hid behind the zip tied instructions and keys on the shooter knob. There was a 2nd zip tie right at the base of the shooter knob against the bracket that kind of held things in place. I didn't notice the damage until I cut that zip tie.
I'm not worried about it. I'll get it squared away one way or the other.[quoted image][quoted image]

You can tell by looking at the box that something happened to it. Luckily the damaged parts seem to be easily replaced. The only thing I might be concerned about is if the screw holes for the shooter housing are stripped out from the cabinet.

1 week later
#6450 11 months ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Ask yourself dear LE people, how'd you feel if the projector was being offered as an option for the PRO machine?

The projector isn't a limited edition only feature. Now if Stern starts selling LE backglass, cabinet decals, and signed aprons I think people would be upset. As for how you include the UV kit on LE, while avoiding the moan-fest, you just say it at launch. "UV kit is standard on LE, optional on other models."

#6713 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, let's quantify this. Any predictions? Layoffs? Bankruptcy? Tits up in a year?
How do you think these ongoing scandals and the mass "defections" are going to tangibly harm Stern in the near future?
Not asking for any bets, I'm not the type, but may be fun to revisit these predictions in a year or so, a la "A Dark Night for Stern."

It all depends on the next two titles. If TNMT and Led Zepplin have the same reaction / sales results as Stranger Things, they could be for some difficult times. But if you think the decisions behind Stranger Things and the sales results that came from them don't drive decisions on future titles you are wrong. They will adapt if the numbers tell them they were stupid.

#6724 11 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Anyone else experience this before?
Literally typing this in front of the machine. STHLE. 36 hours new.
I was shooting to knock down the default 130 mil GC... I had just finished MB and completed all lanes to start Isolation mode. I then shot all isolation shots and right as the next part of the mode was starting I shot the center scoop shot and immediately the entire machine shut down and did a hard reset.
If not experienced I imagine someone would want the logs right?

The new .84 code seems to have reset issues. As others have said, report this ASAP.

#6816 11 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Can you sell the unnecessary non-UV plastics and extra apron back to Stern for $200? Seems fair.

Or you could just buy the $100 version from CoinTaker....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside