IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (2 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (2 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (2 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (2 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (2 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (2 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (2 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 2 years ago

K-man is reporting there are some real head scratchers on Stern's next pin...some good, some bad. I think we will see something very soon.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Just curious what kind of information leads you to believe Stern sells 10,000 games per year. I have no idea and im not questioning it, im just curious how you arrive at that number. that would mean they pump out almost 30 per day which is impressive and I know their facility is impressive.

Supposedly all 100 Primus machines were built in a single day.

#286 2 years ago

I think they are getting ready to unveil a little bit more than the new game itself this time. Remember, Stern games were to go online in 2019...so unveiling and hooking up at several locations across the world for connected gameplay would make a pretty big splash compared to the usual.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don't think ST will do that well on location it's not as a big brand as some might think.
Stern don't give two hoots about what other manufacturers are doing and quite rightly so, R&M will have almost zero effect on ST (or whatever the Stern game is). GNR is a TPF game.
Game will be publically announced probably 8th of Jan maybe a little bit earlier which is when they announce munster last year, but maybe next week and then it will be at CES for sure.

From what is floating around the rumor-sphere, distributors are supposed to be getting their webinar tomorrow. We will have crappy cell phone shots of computer screens roughly 12 minutes later.

#514 2 years ago

If games are already arriving at certain distributors, I am shocked one of them hasn't taken a peek yet. And it will be a small miracle that someone doesn't leak pics between now and the 23rd. Remember kids, turn geolocation data off on your phones camera app if you don't want your leaked pics to burn the distributor.

#1747 2 years ago

I'm pretty "meh" on the pro layout. Typical 2-ramp fan again.

#1813 2 years ago

I am interested in what the gameplay is like after watching the pro video. There is some deep code potential for sure. But the center ramp shot is always going to be known as "the prolapsed anus shot" to me.

#2444 2 years ago

I wonder how hard it would be to install your own projector into a pro, and run the Premium/LE code?

#2506 2 years ago

I am starting to think that the cost of past QC fumbles is starting to make an impact on BOM for new releases. Gotta keep those investors happy!

#2722 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And there’s always a half it sucks, half it’s the best pin ever with each new release.

The new JP had nearly universal praise, which is rare. The only real grumbling was about assets. The layout itself was very well liked.

1 week later
#3608 2 years ago

Hard to not have dimples when 100% of the dog-sphincter shots on some machines ricochet off the target, smack the glass and then land on the playfield.

#3701 2 years ago

Stern produces in volume, and hopes the volume covers the losses from the abysmal quality control. Lots of large businesses do that and get away with it. Stern allegedly had their best year every last year, and the 10 people on Pinside who claim they are done buying new Stern machines have had no real effect on the bottom line. Stern is 2 months behind on promised playfield swaps for JP owners due to demand of JP and Stranger Things. Everyone is still going to line up and go apeshit when TMNT comes out, and they are still going to sell 600 LE's sight unseen. This is the world we live in currently.

#3705 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One day a fellow friend(pinsider) and I were having this discussion about the playfield quality of today. He suggested switching to a high density plastic playfield. Would a high density polyethylene (HDPE) be a viable alternative? Definitely got me thinking.

I am a big fan of seeing someone try to do a playfield out of 3/8" or 1/2" thick phenolic sheet. You would have to back it up with a metal frame of some sort to keep the warp out of it, but I have seen phenolic sheet hold up to some very rigorous environments.

#3710 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Please keep me honest when TMNT comes out. That’s probably the last nostalgic theme someone could make to make me go nuts...and the rumors I’m hearing so far sound fantastic. I cannot lose track of reality and buy it at launch.

If it is what is being reported from the inside, I am pretty excited also. I am just hoping they have the shots dialed in a bit better than GB. And the subway better not be a prem/LE only thing.

#3733 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s awesome. That shows it can be done, and craters shouldn’t be normalized as inevitable. Wonder if Stern is sourcing playfields from different places? Or could it be cure time? Was your Maiden from launch or did you buy later?

I can't remember where the thread was, but in the last week, someone explained that Stern is having the clear done at 3 different sub-contract shops. Something like Stern does the playfield cutting and insert install in house, then the printing and clear is done at any of 3 places. I'll try to find the post again.

#3749 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Stern should include Playfield Protectors installed on the LEs at minimum, even Premiums. Or, better yet, just put a playfield protector on each playfield before then machine is assembled. At the prices of NIB pins why can't that just be a standard thing at this point? It would probably save them money in the long run from playfield issues, complaints, etc...

Because many people, myself included, think playfield protectors are stupid. The game doesn't play the same.

#3974 2 years ago

Clear plastic mylar material is shiny. Literally every projector screen in the world is matte finish for a reason. Glossy surfaces will glare and obscure the image. A regular flat white label sticker would be exactly what you want. Someone with a Silhouette Cameo could cut these to exact dimensions on a sheet in about 3 minutes and sell them.

#3983 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody who saw Roger Waters' Wall show 10 years back can attest to how awesome this shit can be. Lots of potential there in pinball if they can get it right.

I can imagine seeing a laser style beam project different colored lines at the different target locations you are supposed to shoot...that could be cool. They would have to project it from an angle that mostly would not be blocked by the ball until the last bit of travel...probably mounted above the apron somehow. A multiball laser show under glass would be killer!

#4157 2 years ago

The thing with video is that it exaggerates how weak the projected image is. Try to shoot a projector screen with a cell phone camera in any room but a 100% dark one, and you'll see first hand that the camera makes it appear worse than it is. It's still not the best design by Stern, but I don't think it's quite as bad as we are seeing in the videos.

#4243 2 years ago

The unfiltered image Jack posted actually makes the projector look better.

As for Multiballmaniac1...I swear he was in several other threads for the last year proclaiming he would never buy a Stern due to quality issues. I kind of doubt he actually had an LE on order. Just ignore him.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4246 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He is somewhat of a jokester and i dont know if he really had an LE ordered or not, but what i do know is he has money to put on a new game and he is afraid to buy a NIB Stern right now because of their playfield quality. I cant say that i blame him and i am in the same boat as he is. He and i both want a JP2 real bad but thats not going to happen unless things change with the quality of these playfields.

Oh I agree...i've been patiently waiting for a JP2 Pro to show up used in my area for a decent price. I'd even consider one with bad clear that came with an unpopulated PF if the price was right. I just am not sure I want to play that NIB lottery myself. But from the past posts from Multiballmaniac1, I was highly doubtful he actually had an LE on order.

#4315 2 years ago

Look, he photoshopped the craters right out of the playfield!! /s

#4440 2 years ago

Everyone in this thread is talking big like they are going to send a message to them by not buying their game because of whatever reason, but if TMNT is as good as JP2, the same people will all be frothing at the mouth to order on day 1. Stern knows this, so they really have little incentive to change they way they do business.

#4443 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's cool though, he plied me with free booze and food so I took it in stride.

Now we FINALLY have the reason for your constant Stern shilling! /s Shoot, now that I know your vote is so cheap, I shall send you a carton of Tasteykakes in exchange for something more sinister.

#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please show me a pic of a 1 month old playfield no good gofers so we can compare.
The point is you are all crazy and wood is wood and all pinball games look like this eventually. You are ruining pinball with this nonsense by corrupting the minds of untold numbers of clueless, impressionable newbies.
Stop it!

Had 13k plays on my GOTG before I sold it, and it looked smooth like the NGG. The Deadpool on location at Holy Frijoles in Baltimore cratered badly when they first got it, and it is as smooth as that NGG a year later after a ton of plays on location.

#4566 2 years ago

This isn't the place to talk about your imaginary friends in the sky. Asking random people on the internet to cater to your individual beliefs is pretty arrogant in itself, and is not a good look for your tribe.

pasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#4989 2 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

It is all semantics I know, but yeah here is a chart I found. There are tons out there though so there is no real consensus.
Back to stranger things I watched the stream last night and I thought the projector looked great. I'm looking forward to playing one.[quoted image]

Great, I can be called any of 4 names, depending on what point the person is trying to make. I am so confused now!

#5271 2 years ago

People need to stop keeping quiet when it comes to naming bad distributors not standing behind what they sell. The only way distributors will have cause to do better is if they know they will get bad press when they screw someone over. It doesn't matter if they are one of the sacred cows here on Pinside. You will be doing your hobby a better service by helping others make good decisions on who they should spend their money with.

#5369 2 years ago

I don't have a dog in this fight, but god damn it is annoying reading "u" all the time from Trindawg. Literally two extra keystrokes standing between sounding like a mature adult, and sounding like a guest on the Jerry Springer show.

1 week later
#5636 1 year ago

Its definitely a prolapsed anus.

#5762 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

this may be the lowest budget pinball machine Stern has released in years besides games like Whoa Nellie and the Pabst Blue ribbon machines.

Munsters Pro would like to have a word with you.

2 weeks later
#6533 1 year ago

Stern can't even figure out how to read their emails...what makes you think they can actually roll out an elaborate DLC system? This is the same company that sent Stranger Things out with a ball stop post that fails immediately. You guys have way too much confidence in Uncle Gary.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodyg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside