IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago

I’ve been saying for a long time and I hope Stern is listening, “Put ALL the designer assets in the game and charge accordingly”!

Quit charging the same amount for every game

I give Stern credit for raising up quality since IMDN which was a piece of shit top to bottom despite being a good game

I’m thinking Eddy is gonna kill it. A lot of built up creativity to unleash over the yrs

1 week later
#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm guessing we see something tomorrow.
Next Tuesday would be really close to Christmas, so I bet tomorrow is the day.

That's my bet. Pros are already in transit to Distros.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

My guess is the announcement will be made on the 23rd December and start taking orders straight away. Spooky has taken a lot of thunder out of the market with Rick and Morty, wait a few more days.

That's what some say too but why do that 2 days before xmas?

It is a bit funny that Spooky beat them to the punch with a theme that was gonna be Godzilla that Stern stole out from underneath them!

Supposedly the artwork is crappy photoshop on ST amongst some other issues.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Stern want to build hype 2 days before xmas. People order straight away and they have machines to produce Q1 (first quarter of the year) 2020. Normally Q1 is the the slowest period for sales and production. Spooky gets one back on Stern by announcing before them!
I have heard the artwork on ST is crappy too!

Pros are "in transit" as we speak supposedly. Yeah i don't know, i get what you are saying but 2 days before xmas isn't getting me motivated. Other shit is going on, family in town, post xmas vacation etc... If that's the case its poor timing, they ought to wait until New Year imo.

Quoted from J85M:

C’mon Ice share what you know dude!.....

That's all the beans i know on this one. I suspect though that the layout is gonna be great with Eddy and people will go nuts.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If there's concerns about Stranger Things it makes me wonder if its licensing related? Could be another licensed themed pin with video assets but no actor audio assets, or no original actor audio and lackluster third party callouts.

JP has turned out to be one of the best pins ever! With just Nedry

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I think that works for JP as the draw ends up being the dinosaurs. A Stranger Things pin won't have something like that to fall back on. For Stranger Things actor audio and actor video are a must as it's the characters that have helped make the theme so popular. If the game featues TWD type third party callouts and or silent video clips I think it will push a lot of people away.

I agree with that and think they will have much more assets in this game. Probably why its only photoshopped art.

But you referenced one of the other greatest pins ever in TWD Panzer. I mean if it turns out like either of those two i'll be thrilled

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

there are so many lines of dialogue from the movie - even when the game is not being played the flipper buttons will play more.
No one is confusing Ernie for a generic guy. Triple. Super. Jackpot. It's actually the opposite of bland as well. I worry he's going to have a heart attack he's so spirited in some of the call outs.
Now if you want absolute dogshit call outs, check out JP stern!

And yet JP is one of best pins ever

I assume the hidden posts are critical of GB

Great call outs! Great pin

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

one of the best pins ever after I changed the really bad call outs. I'm at peace with it b/c I customized the code so I can hear the real actors. JP2 is sterns best period and one of the best pins I've ever played. I'm also a HUGE JP fan but the gameplay is so good too.
Not sure what hidden posts you're referring to but I'm a big fan of GB.

I'm talking about the dopes i've blocked on here most likely critical of GB based on the replies to what i can't see. LOL . Pitiful

I'm with you 100% on JP.

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I don't watch the show. I watched the first season and said wow the special fx are so bad, the plot makes no sense, but I gave it one more season. Season 2 was the worst it was impossible to even follow it. Someone said watch season 3 its the best, but I couldn't even watch season 2.

Lol

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Someone shares their own opinion they don't watch or follow Stranger Things and people blow up. Its my opinion! OMG! You like what you like I like what I like get over it!

Why are you whining about it? Nobody cares.

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think IMDN Pro & JP Pro compare very favorably to Spooky pins. For me the ~$6k price point was good for Spooky. $7k+ feels like a lot.

Bingo. Add shipping plus any "add ons" and the comparison is a Stern premium. Think about it.

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think this game looks like it will be really fun!

What looks awesome:

1. Eddy as the designer.
2. The projector: it looks great!
3. Magna lock looks cool!
4. Good variety of shots

What looks not so awesome:

1. Art: how the f*ck are we back to photoshop after years of great art? WTF?
2. Plastic ramp returns
3. I see balls getting magnitized pretty badly in this one.
4. Stern will NOT support you if you have issues with your playfield or any other cost cutting/manufacturing fiasco.

1. It's a current franchise and I'm sure with Netflix it was the path of least resistance and of course cheaper. If you want CRAPPY art buy a Rick and Morty, well maybe its the puke color palette?

2. Don't love it but i can live with it.

3. I feel like i have a lifetime supply of balls still to use, no biggie!

4. My JPLE and ElviraLE have been phenomenal and issue free.

5. Lonnie Ropp is responsible for the code. Let's hope Eddy doesn't let him short change this game. BIGGEST "NOT SO AWESOME"

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I wouldn’t let any of my kids watch this. This is scary stuff. This is almost alien level.

Seriously? Alien is 10 levels beyond this show on the scary level.

#1739 4 years ago

Zach says MIKE VINIKOUR collaborated with Lonnie Ropp to create the Rules and the balance.

That should be a great thing. Watching the JD stream reveals from the past he is an excellent player and has the passion to make rules and gameplay great i think.

Really excited for this "different" game from Eddy.

Artwork looks great to me and fits Stranger Things theme perfectly.

#1786 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

LE looks like purple nightmare, but a premium may be nice.

No you are thinking about the R&M purple nightmare Law. This is purple done right. Looks great. LOL

Eddy, Mike and Lonnie all worked on rules and gameplay together. Eddy was a programmer before a designer.

Listening to Eddy on podcast now. They tried to make it accessible to beginners and experts like AFM and MM. But, for HUO, he wanted to make sure it was "deep enough" and had "variety" for the home use. Up to 50 modes. Very deep wizard modes and multiple goals along the way.

#1796 4 years ago

Projector should make theme immersion awesome as you progress through the game and different modes you are in. Scenes change all over the PF to bring you into the theme throughout. "projector is so cool is doesn't matter when its off". LED projector

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Another day, another new entry in the Big Book of "If Pinside Ran Stern They'd Be Out of Business in a Month."

It’s f ing comical Crazy!

It’s like you Knick fans thinking you can make a trade for LeBron James for a second round pick!

Fantasy land. Although I realize most pin dorks won’t get the basketball reference

#1935 4 years ago

Eddy said plastic ramps were just basically cost cutters on the interview to get other stuff in there

Stern just raised pricing on Le’s $100 for first time in quite some time

Put some wire forms in there ffs

Still loving the overall look. Purple rocks

I think Eddy, Mike and Lonnie combo are gonna crush it on this one based on interview. Just my gut feeling.

Eddy used to be a programmer and Mike V. looks like the pinball fanatic passion dude to help bring it to another level.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not a "monster of the week" episodic.

Can I put you down for the purple edition Law? You seem awful excited for this one

#2015 4 years ago

Some of you guys are a bit slow on the uptake

Fan layout? Once you get past that take a peek at the rest of the game and let me know if you’ve seen the LCD projector and the ability to put you into different scenes and modes all over the Playfield on anything else. I didn’t think so.

Oh yeah, you haven’t seen it in full function yet

Maybe a jumbled thrown together mess like Raza is for you

Purple Le looks fantastic. Pukey RM purple is fugly as shit

As usual, we are already playing our Stern games! LOL

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Happy to be getting back into Pinball and getting a Pro. Absolute fan of the show and very pleased with Stern's offering for this theme.
Also happy with the audio route they have chosen, but I'm sure I'll be adding some 80's music into my game for sure

Welcome back Cleland! Looking forward to your audio updates brother

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Uh... what other stuff?

I don’t know. Maybe they consulted Rick and
Morty on this one?

It’s just pure magic

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Good lord...why does every new game thread end up in a pissing match between people who like it, and people who hate it?

Well first you always have the band of Stern haters that can’t wait to shit on anything Stern related. The hate Horde comes running like a siren draws in TWD

Secondly, you have the R&M lookey lous also floating in to take a few dumps

Finally, it’s just pinball. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, It’s what makes the entertainment value so great

#2037 4 years ago

How much extra does it cost to cover those RM speaker panels? Woof...

You can butter your way up to over $9k shipped. Lol

#2167 4 years ago

Good sign for me, stream better and as it went on and didn't get bored of it.

Pro not for me, wouldn't want to do without the projector, but it looked pretty damn good AND the code is much farther along than whatever.64 is. Or at least there is plenty in there to play right now until updates come along.

#2298 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

At this point I’m not even asking what’s next from Stern. They’re following, not leading the market like usual and rushing product. RaM looks fun and is priced better.

Not really priced better Rick. And how do you see RM as "fun" from a 60 second video clip?

It might end up being fun but hey, pricing on RM is right there with Stern now. Shipping and add ons

#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Rick & Morty 1. Stranger Things 0

Careful Tom, stop "trolling".

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

All valid points Amigo. I’m a fan of RaM, so passion for theme comes into play, although I can see the callouts getting old.
Also a fan of STrT, I’m hoping my anger towards Stern on the Playfield-gate isn’t clouding my judgement, but it probably is. Yet another price increase doesn’t help.

I get your anger towards Stern Rick. Let it out brother! At least you don't whine and cry and report me for "trolling" if i make a few observations on the RM pinball machine that represent my opinions.

We are just discussing differences in the games here. That is what a discussion forum is regardless how some want to characterize it.

#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

FOMO going down big with all these new pins RIGHT NOW. i'll pass on everything, wait a year or 2 and consider buying 1 of probably 6 new pinball machines available.

Of course the smartest way to go here!

#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Rick & Morty 1. Stranger Things 0

Yep, that 60 second video said it all didn't it! TNA #2?

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

This is a premium/LE game in my opinion.
If you listened to the podcast it's clear he started with a vision/desire to be able to "change" the playfield and immerse the player in the different settings of the ST things world...Hawkins lab, the school, the quarry, Will's house, the basement, etc...
He's also proud of the magnetic ball lock that can hold balls indefinitely. The demogorgan also shakes in the premium/LE.
Eddy is obviously known for mechs/toys. I don't think he's a pro designer kind of guy.
I also agree with crazylevi. He's returning to roots for his first game...that was intentional. I bet his next game is different.
I'm getting an LE. I look for 3 to 4 cool things in a pin.
- This has the demogorgan toy, which is a way above average overall feature in my opinion, with the drops, saucer, ramp coming down, shooting it in his mouth, and movement.
- Projector. Will likely make or break this pin.
- Magnetic ball lock.
Other than those main features, the game has 4 ramps, custom callouts, assets from the show, main music them from the show...
I like fan layouts. I like non fan layouts. I like fun and variety. Every game shoots and feels different. MM feels different from AFM when I shoot it, and I love both and both are keepers for me. If you don't like fan layouts that's cool...we all don't have to like the same things.
I also love TZ, Congo, IMDN, JP2, Tron, TWD, WW, CFTBL, etc..

That about sums it up perfectly.

Stern is sometimes a victim of their own success. They hire Elwin and Eddy and Elwin pops out two great games, one being one of the best games ever in JP. Ritchie, Borg and Gomez. Behind the scenes video, coding and marketing talent.

I too buy games from everybody, CGC, AP, Pinball Brothers (Alien), Spooky and have a Deeproot game paid for via jpop.

Choice is a great thing and its the best of times right now for pinball across the board.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

We should start a pool on which designers Stern sheds first when the economy explodes...

We can wait another 5 years or so for that poll! #nottiredofwinningyet

I just bought a Super Chexx hockey game and SRTLE for my xmas presents. Told my wife and kids, this what you got for me. LOL

Like RockyTop said, this is a "premium/LE" game for the projector, magnetic ball locks and active Demogorgan. Pro is not the way to go imo.

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

yes but at code 0.62. not really ready. a box of lights basically.

That's just not true if you watched the stream. It's .64 code. BM66 was a "box of lights".

BOTTOM LINE

We are looking at a sub $6k street price pro pinball machine!!!!! Why did they stream the pro? I'm guessing so they knew the LE's would sell out like they have and they want to collect the money before folks can change their minds.

Great job on the stream Jack Danger, with Brian and Mike V., the Stern unsung hero.

It's FOMO people. Bottom line again. it works! Hats off to Spooky and Stern for taking advantage of it.

You DON'T compare this PRO game to POTC, WONKA or TBL, which now costs $12,500.

When the game goes PROJECTOR mode with all the great scenes from show including the white snow scenes and others, let's talk then. LOL

Until then, enjoy some great pinball and the fact that we have tons of options to buy from, or not.

And Merry Xmas to you guys!!!!

#2423 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s Christmas. People been cooped up in their homes with relatives they can’t stand, stressed out about any number of things. Their teenage niece keeps arguing with them about politics. Mother in law on your ass. Grandpa won’t shut the hell up about some Fight he’s having with his neighbor.
And of course the holidays can put people who don’t have any loved ones to commiserate with in a foul mood too. Hey, shitting all over Stranger Things is better than suicide or a mall rampage, for both you and society at large.
Plus - and this is a huge factor - this is the first chance the Rick and Morty cult has had to dump on a new release since they paid $1,500 for a game they won’t see in two years and haven’t seen a stream for yet.
It’s a perfect powder keg for over the top hatred. It doesn’t matter WHICH game was released, these rabid jackals we’re going to tear into it like your alcoholic uncle into the egg nog. There was more pent up energy here than the sexual tension between Diane and Sam at the cheers bar. And it had to be released!!!
As usual it’s representative of nothing. stranger things will sell like gang busters both here (the upside down) and in the real world, which pinside remains completely out of touch with.

Damn Levi, you ain’t so crazy after all!

Time for family in law stress relief drinking starting in 3, 2, 1.......

#2481 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought Tim was responsible for fixing that one?

I was gonna send you help until you reported/tattled on me. LOL

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the best thing to come from stranger things pinball is robt , kpg , and even rarehero are back! Lol

Only the first two. The other one? Was he gone?

#2550 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can't understand the hate for this game. It has lots of shots, some challenging, it has a ruleset that looks like is quite deep. So the theme isn't perfect but it never is - most folks haven't played it?

It’s the same story every release for Stern.

You know the gig Neil.

Everybody wants a $12.5k bill of materials BOM pin for a $7500 price tag

#2562 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not saying Stranger Things is better than AFM right now. It's basically lifting the layout, and code to a certain extent and then building on that with additional modes to make it deeper. Brian said on the podcast literally the same thing. He wants it to be a deeper AFM. A deeper AFM is better (for me) than the current AFM. Why wouldn't I want more? Then throw on Stranger Things vs generic alien guy and you have a weiner.

Sold my shallow AFM. Fun while it lasted

I like my shallow MBRLE better

STH theme much better than AFM for me.

Much deeper code, better theme and immersion.

A better version of AFM. #2 rated pin of all time

Thank you Santa

#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

did the ops who have these say they have .62 on them? just looked at sterns website and it appears .64 is up as of today.
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
No read me is up yet.

They were playing something more than .64 on the stream

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So .64 seems to be what they streamed. Hits register on the demogorgon and I’m seeing all the animations that were shown in the stream.
I’m sure tips to adjust the demogorgon head will come out soon enough, just didn’t want to take apart a game that didn’t belong to me. I’ll let our OP deal with it. Haha

Hey Chuck, i watched the stream too. Asked the question on code status. I can't believe that was only .64. There was a LOT of modes in there already along with a few MB's.

Maybe your pro's that got delivered didn't have the code these guys were playing?

Maybe i'm comparing to BM66 but the stream i saw had a whole lot more in it.

#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Believe it bro. This is the same code they streamed. This game has a lot in it already.

Wow. Bueno.

Did you try some left/right slight adjustment? That's what cured my TWD pop bumper drains. Just a tiny bit off left/right level.

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure how that’s going to fix my issue. When I’m dead nuts on the mouth it’s always too high. Having the game lean one way or the other isn’t going to help. But yeah at one point I had the game leaning to the right a bit to help with the trajectory of the saucer kick out so it would make the right inner orbit.

Tough to get to on making an adjustment to the mech? If possible? No way to bend it forward to lower the mouth angle?

Sounds nasty!

#3011 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Of course, I will share with everyone when the code gets a little more developed. This gives me time to collect and edit all the music choices I'm thinking of.
It helps that I'll have the Pro as a game to develop and test on, and won't be flying blind.

Yup, I'm like Oprah Everyone gets it!

I didn’t realize you fixed GOTG! The lack of tunes is why I didn’t buy that game

TWD is a Cleland masterpiece!

#3096 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Obviously you're selling them. DUH!
Zach please tell me why this game is as good as Jurassic Park, Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Metallica, please i'm waiting to hear the response.
If you say don't listen to me then tell me why? Why is this game worth $6,000 for a pro? Tell us why you think if someone pays $9,000 plus for LE that six months later it won't be worth $6500. Please explain how you really feel this game is a home run. I'd like to hear your answer!!!
So maybe you think its a cheap shot because I said you sell them... but you do. Tell everyone why people should buy this game? Give us the sales pitch!
Is the artwork good? Is the game original? Did Stern go all out like they did with Jurassic Park? Are you saying this game is better than Jurassic Park? What are you saying exactly please explain!

per usual. Make sure you check with Kaneda before you post. Oh wait you did

#3239 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here's my review of playing this game for about 2 hours today. Shout out to Helicon Brewery for being the absolute king of location pinball!
Shot summary - I was a little weary after watching the stream and hearing a lot of negative feedback but after playing it today, I'm picking up a pro tomorrow. That should get my point across fairly easily. It has brought one of my fav shows to pinball and it executes well with a fun layout, excellent music and effects, their best LCD art to date and a two tier toy. While not fully baked, I rather buy in now and enjoy it instead of waiting on the sidelines only to hold out on the fun until the inevitable code updates happen.
+Smooth shooter. Layout is very AFM so it feels familiar but not identical but I was a little worried about the ramps being plastic. Luckily they didn't detract at all to the experience. Love that left orbit shot to the right flipper (very DP prem). Right orbit was my concern but shooting it into the pops was still satisfying although I am a sucker for pops in pinball. Right inlane shot has to be my fav as you can loop it around but it's not fast enough to be impossible (ala JP2 top right flipper loop) but not slow enough that it doesn't feel fun/exciting. Just a great shot and mixes up the formula as part of the code is looping. Left inlane was fine as gives you a little time to breath which was nice to have as this game plays rather fast, as you would expect. No lock on the pro was fine as it does pause enough and when you got into Tele MB, the ball is shot right when that van comes crashing down which was a nice touch.
+LCD Screen - no question, the best stern has put out to date. I own JP2. I know it improved in that game but you can't ignore certain scenes (especially with people) where you cringe a little and go, well it's a pinball machine so what do you expect. I didn't feel any of that here with Stranger Things (ST) - the dogs, the atmosphere, the demogorgan... I feel they really played to their strengths and avoided the pitfalls (like people) so I didn't feel like I was playing Dreamcast Crazy Taxi! They did and excellent job and I found myself trying to look up at it. I make fun of stern all the time regarding this but they nailed it here. btw - extra ball animation is a complete shout out to AFM replacing the alien getting hit in the face with the demo. Nice touch too.
+Sounds/Music- This one is BIG for me. If you're a player that doesn't need to hear well to enjoy, then you're the opposite of me and prob don't place a lot of value in this category but I do. Case in point, with Wonka, it absolutely tore me out of the gorgeous table and layout b/c the slot machine effects and the announcer and lack of good music really pissed me off - to the point where I passed on owning the game...it drove me crazy. ST on the other hand just nails it. The sound effects, the spooky music, it really put me in the ST universe. It's hard to describe in a review but I couldn't have handpicked better myself. In the current code though, it's clear they are targeting suspense/scary vs humor which they need to balance better but I'm aware the lines are in the code already so just a matter of time. The important part is what's been coded thus far is really impressive and that's important b/c after the fact replacements is hard and often ends up disjointed. Music wise that's easier but I do a lot of add ins for games and it's always better when the original team nails it and Stern crushed it here.
+Demogorgan- I had to call this out separately b/c I've read about all the whining and complaining related to this toy and my expectations were probably lower than they should have been but I really enjoyed it. Here's the surprise for me. I might have read this somewhere on these forums but it truly feels like the hole in one shot from NGG. I love the temporary giant ramp that drops in front of you and it becomes a game of not only hitting it but timing it so it goes in the hole. I wasn't successful many times (although I'm also not very good) but when I connected, it gave me the same satisfaction from my time of NGG ownership and I loved that shot. It's much more fun to shoot than the AFM mother ship b/c of that extra element resulting in having a tiered approach to what is normally a one approach bash toy. Loved it. Hit it or sink it. It's hard but super satisfying.
+/- = code. This is def leaning towards the + category b/c the modes seemed varied (and could get to that promised "deep" code), the video assets looked very good, the tie in to the effects and music already impressed me. I just want more.....and that's the negative. I know it's early but believe me, the code foundation is set and it is solid. Really enjoyed what I played and I'm eager to see how they build. It's going to get even better and I have no issue buying in now so I can begin to enjoy what's there and then continue enjoying all the new updates that hit. It's like buying an episodic game that just continues to get better. It's the opposite of a game with broken or incomplete code that results in boredom or wasting time - I truly enjoyed each second I had with it.
-/+ Art. Tough one as well. It's not clipart stern bad. Yes it might appear to favor that style more than what we've seen recently but the PF art especially along with the purple really has it's own look. It stands out from the rest of the games and it does surface that 80s touch, especially with the fonts used. Too many inserts no question but looking over it and seeing how they represented the scenes from the seasons in interesting ways, from the poisioned grounds, to the vans to billy and steve's face over to something else - it's a lot to look at but satisfying, especially as a fan. It's a negative b/c it could have been SO much more. So much - hello season 3??. I'm happy that it's not terrible though but I'm looking forward to some sick side blades (we need more Billy and Steve) and a better translite. Speaking of, it's not great but not terrible - in fact that summarizes it well for art and for that alone, with this type of powerhouse, it's leaning negative which is a shame but they gave us enough to enjoy.

Excellent review Delt. Thanks for taking the time

#3379 4 years ago

Killing the Demo isn't supposed to be easy.

Watched the live stream tonight. Square up the shot, right flipper on this game, and you get the kill you deserve.

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Just to be completely open I work for EA and was the lead software engineer on the most successful DLC in history. I know the amount of internet hate we get. I also know how popular and loved the feature is. Clearly I’m just insane and have nothing to offer on the topic.

Man i'm with you. Been saying it for years.

Pinball has to evolve with the rest of the world. Subscription annuity based revenue is essential for survival. You can't just sell hardware. Look at Apple.

Stock doubles this year on high margin "services revenue" outlook and progress.

Look at Microsoft, its all high margin annual annuity payments for cloud. That's why they get a 31x multiple.

On and on....

#3470 4 years ago

Furthermore, pinball people will pay for anything that moves. Look at the amount of $$$ spent on mods.

We aren't the most intelligent consumers collectively.

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pinball companies absolutely should offer paid "season expansions" for games that released before a show finished. TWD, GoT, R&M, STH all great candidates.
You don't think people would pay $500 for 6 more seasons of content/modes for their TWD? They hand out 7k for couch swatches FFS.

Of course they would, just put it out there and watch it roll in.

Maybe cut down on a few plastic junk mods to offset the cost?

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think they would react violently to paying for code updates.

For 5 minutes and then the mob would yell "take my money"!

There is no more fickle consumer that you literally can't piss off than the pinball consumer.

Put a $500 update pack out there for TWD for example and watch people fight over how fast they get it.

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes played it today.
Spoilers:
The game shakes sometimes.
Playing it a bit more, it’s def in the Aerosmith,GOTG family of games. If you like that style of game, you’ll like this. If you don’t, and prefer Elwin style of games, you probably won’t.
I like the game well enough but for me the entire center is just to be avoided. Shoot the safe shots, get multiball, go through modes, get total isolation. The theme is implemented well, it’s all very stranger things. It’s fast and pretty smooth.
Bonus can also get a little out of hand currently. I had a 600 million bonus en route to a 950 million GC.
Everybody keeps comparing this to AFM
For some
Reason. Well, Afm is better, but that’s true for pretty much every game.

Spoiler alert, at least a dozen games better than AFM, probably many more

Yes i've owned AFM

Have you played the premium/LE? When you do, then give me the comparison.

#3789 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The reality is, our human eyes will be way better at handling the crazy contrast required to view this properly. I think this will underwhelm on stream, and overwhelm in person.

The "overwhelm in person" part is all i care about

#3873 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I have cancelled my order for a premium... usually, i dont care about dimpling... but with stranger things its just awful !
Stern : we prefer quality to the quantity ! Stop to launch so much pinball so fastly ! And choose better components, wood, mechanic, originality of the layout, toys... even if the price increase (its already like that with poor quality)...
Dont order new stern until problem is during...

You do what you want to do. That’s fine

Don’t tell the rest of us what to with our $$$

#3879 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am interested in trying out those Pinball Universe plastic protectors that Mezel Mods is offering. When you spend $5500+ on a machine you want to try and protect that shooter lane from Stern's overpowered eject mech. I have been using mylar but I am tired of changing it out, etc. Looking for something more permanent? Can someone who has used these protectors chime in. Do they work well?, Any problems with plunging balls with them? Are they all custom made depending on machine-seems like some are sold out? Is there a universal one that will work? I am very interested in spending $28 to protect my shooter lane on a NIB purchase.
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347565665

If you have a clear shooter lane just use the self adhesive felt from Hobby Lobby for $1.50

Paint on the lane? Get mezel mod protector. Works great

#4169 4 years ago

I’m sure Stern never even play tested the game and projector before they started selling STH

It will look like washed out garbage in a HUO environment?

Yeah, Stern is trying to pull a fast one and slide this little projector crapper right by Pinside!

Don’t they know that we see every single dimple and post clear mushrooms?

Wtf are they thinking

#4273 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have you not seen the pictures Jack Danger posted? The projection looks fine. In fact, it looks so good at first glance I thought this was the PRO with the big sticker on the middle screen.

Sit back, relax, pop a top and let it all sink in while i Take a nap before my game arrives.

Same ole same ole.

Over

Reaction.

By the same couple dozen or so people.

That includes K man who is all Stern hate 24/7 because they shun him.

Pinball Life is good!!

#4328 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Somewhere, Lonnie is on a beach sipping a Mai Tai reading Pinside relieved the current debate and discussion is about the projector, and not the code lol

Don’t worry Kpg, the discussion will soon turn to Lonnie and code

It’s called “Stern derangement syndrome”

#4334 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

if i'm not a Lonnie big fan (for always making "similar" codes), his last pins are still casual, but in fact they're good & fun to play (and complete !!!), that's all we need
anyway, for m next pin, i'm still looking for a JP...

A JP? Smart man you are.

I'm really not worried about Lonnie, this is Lonnie, Mike V. and Eddy together on rules.

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Kind of like that certain person who “derangement syndrome” is generally associated with, criticism does not equal derangement.

It does when it goes beyond ridiculous

And here it def has

Ever hear of JP? One of the greatest pins ever

Elvira is a F ing blast to play

This game looks like it’s gonna kick ass

Same Stern derangement syndrome crybabies every single F ing time

And most of them ain’t buying a game anyhow

If they were, it’s simple math, IF they were shit versus huge successes then how the F do they grow sales every year by 20%%

Oh yeah, I forgot about JP, DP now, BM66, TWD, GB, AS, SW, ST, IMDN, GOTG, GOT, Munsters, Elvira, STH ......

Where the F do you think you are getting a pin like that if you want one?

YOU may be in total denial but 20% plus a yr aren’t.

I just got done having a blast flipping my JP and Elvira

Now I’m waiting on STHLE because I love the theme.

Pinside does NOT get the Mensa award FFS

Let the marketing, artists, designers and creative guys run the company and they will destroy it Lickety split. Fact of business life

Let’s see what the projector looks like next week on the stream

Stern Derangement syndrome yet all I see is #winning

Boom boom, drop the F ing mic

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Even when you're drunk you have a point Ice.
As someone else said, no matter what happens Stern are more than likely to get my money.
But the projector still looks crap at CES. Lets just all be honest here. Who knows WTF it looks like in a dark room.

Dark room Cooked?

I can make it dark as F

CES ain’t my home and I control the environment

It’s a projector. Not 4K HDTV

I have common sense most of the time

You know I am the voice of reason brother!

It’s not hard to be high on pinball right now

Fun times

Buy what you like

Old, new, used, shitty, perfect, whatever floats the boat

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Iceman when you are playing your Jurrassic Park game with its pooling, chipping, and cratered up playfield do you just pretend that it's part of the rough Terrain in Jurassic Park so that it doesnt bother you?

Mine is perfect Terry Get the JP!!!

But it does have dimples

#4374 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys I just took this myself at CES
The projector looks MUCH better in person. Premium/LE saved![quoted image]

If Delt says it. So be it!

LE in Feb

#4388 4 years ago

You are F ing confusing the shit out of me KPG. I just have to skip over your projection posts. I'm not buying a projection TV, I'll go 4k for that.

#4479 4 years ago

Additional code update is supposed to drop this week and streaming next week from what i hear.

#4601 4 years ago

I just took a massive dump and it felt good. I'm calling it a day at work, which really isn't "work", gonna fire up the pins and hammer down a few.......

Yes life is good, living the pinball dream

Carry on

#4606 4 years ago

My buddy Kman......

1) Stop "bullying" us NIB Stern buyers into NOT buying Stern. It's our money, quit raining on our F ing parade! Non-stop, 24/7 with Stern. There are plenty of things i'd like to see get better and agree on with but you need to focus on the positive every now and then. JURASSIC PARK. Where are the shit all over it podcasts for that one? Same quality? One of the greatest pins ever. You can't wait to drop a dump on Stern when its convenient.

2) I love it when a "marketing" guy rants on and on about giving a pinball company "business advice"! Your clients would laugh your ass right out of the room if you went into a pitch like you do on your podcast. You are trying to take a complicated issue and make it simple. It's not. And the math leaves a bit to be desired. But again, I agree with a lot of the things you are saying, just not how to get there. No worries, i'll help you out soon enough....

3) The shitty commentary on Stranger Things is WAY premature. Good or bad.

4) Just one time, call the Crazy man by his real name, Levi is pronounced "Lee Vigh" or sounds like "be high".

It's all good brother, excellent entertainment as usual, partly because its so f ing ridiculous though You are correct about one thing for sure, we are all passionate about this hobby.

My new nickname for you is "ONE WAY K"

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Levee is the correct pronunciation

Bye bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the Levy, but the Levy was dry....Lol

Wtf is that? Spell your name right then Levy! Levy, you ain't heavy, you are still Kman's brother

#4610 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Came back to read about 'strange things' or projector-gate in the worst (I thought) case.
Ended up finding a new pinside low with religious posts. That really is unacceptable. Thanks to kpg for speaking up eloquently

Let's move on to dumps, dumb Kman commentary on STH and fixing my man Levy's name.....Come on now!

Quit bringing this shit up. Back to bashing Stern thread!!! Let it go

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

he’s right you know. Rhymes with Chevy.

You are the first person ever I’ve heard named Levy spelled with an i.

I think you are f ing with your brother Kman. Lol

#4624 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My buddy Kman......
1) Stop "bullying" us NIB Stern buyers into NOT buying Stern. It's our money, quit raining on our F ing parade! Non-stop, 24/7 with Stern. There are plenty of things i'd like to see get better and agree on with but you need to focus on the positive every now and then. JURASSIC PARK. Where are the shit all over it podcasts for that one? Same quality? One of the greatest pins ever. You can't wait to drop a dump on Stern when its convenient.
2) I love it when a "marketing" guy rants on and on about giving a pinball company "business advice"! Your clients would laugh your ass right out of the room if you went into a pitch like you do on your podcast. You are trying to take a complicated issue and make it simple. It's not. And the math leaves a bit to be desired. But again, I agree with a lot of the things you are saying, just not how to get there. No worries, i'll help you out soon enough....
3) The shitty commentary on Stranger Things is WAY premature. Good or bad.
4) Just one time, call the Crazy man by his real name, Levi is pronounced "Lee Vigh" or sounds like "be high".
It's all good brother, excellent entertainment as usual, partly because its so f ing ridiculous though You are correct about one thing for sure, we are all passionate about this hobby.
My new nickname for you is "ONE WAY K"

Downvoted by the handful of usual sycophants. LOL

Stay tuned for big Kman announcement tomorrow. STH update? Macho Man? Twipy?

Or adios again? Lighten the F up people.

#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what are you drinking tonight iceman?
also, email me those documents when you get a chance.

I would have done it Hilton but you and Kman reported me for "abuse" in the not to be mentioned thread. LOL

I help my friends out.

#4633 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have zero clue what you are talking about iceman. I never report you for anything.

Ok Hilton, just kidding, you got it. Love to help, give me a few days.

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why you angry bro?

? I'm happy bro. Life is good Jonesy. Even keel. Lol

Btw, i support my man Kman but I'll call his ass out

#4689 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Honestly speaking I think the biggest issue the game is going to have is resale value. Give it a few months and once the rose colored glasses come off the value is going to tank. I hope not as bad as Munsters and black knight heck even elvira 3 value is already dropping. Got to play a st pro though. Was fun and i hope the game becomes what people want it to be

I hate to break the news to you. ALL resale value of ANY Nib these days is going down

Either buy to keep or

Don’t worry about a loss on resale. Some bigger than others

A glut of new games with more coming equals secondary market deals

Buy what you like. If you have to worry about resale you shouldn’t be putting $$$ down in the first place

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I am patiently waiting for Jurassic Park LE to hit my sweet spot of $7500. I may be waiting for some time because that game has actually turned out to be a stellar game. The layout is freaking bonkers and it may not take much of a hit because people want it(including myself). Anyone want to sell me a JP LE for $7500

No chance here. Lol

Buy a premium. Be happy

It’s the #5 ranked game of all time despite Stern shitty quality. Oh wait, how did it get there again? Yeah no, my LE is great condition and quality

I own MBRLE and sold AFMrLE, two pins ranked ahead and what pinball companies should strive for?

Well, JPLE blows away both of those games, along with MM and TZ

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cant watch the stream right now unfortunately but I will definitely be watching this tomorrow. Mike Vinikour is awesome, quite possibly the coolest guy Stern has.

The fact that Mike V. was developing the rules with Eddy and Lonnie helped put this one over the top for me.

#4810 4 years ago

JPLE best pin ever for me

Elvira LE is fantastic on early Lyman code

Love what I’m seeing on STH and I’m getting the LE

Stern is on a roll. Great theme, watched the pro streams, look f ing fun!

#4934 4 years ago

LOL

Love the non buying DICKS weighing in!

#4940 4 years ago

Calling all DR sycophants! LOL

Kind of pathetic really

#4952 4 years ago

Looks awesome!!! Yes.....really excited

#4955 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

I think the projector looks great but but the game is not wowing me yet. It seems like there is little to do
Except hit the same shots. Maybe the code fixes that.

Did code fix BM66 and TWD Bart? This layout is better. Every pin is "hit the same shots" if code doesn't evolve..

Gotta see the potential. If not, don't get it

#5071 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Thanks everyone. I’m just frustrated Is all. I’m getting a lot of heat from my wife on this one too. As she really wasn’t in total agreement on my purchase. Now I feel like I have egg on my face. But so far stern is trying to work with me. Hopefully the replacement motor will be the fix. But we shall see.

Try and chill out a bit. It's the nature of pinball, every company.

Stern has excellent customer support. You will get it fixed.

I hate to say it but it sounds like you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

My first game, i felt like a total dumbass for buying a LOTRLE for $5200. First delivery, pallet jack hole through the bottom of the cab. Second one, a few minor fuses etc. The thought of wasting $$ on a toy like that.

My IMDN was a piece of shit, sold it.

My BM66 had wiring wrapped around the turntable motor, had to replace the whole thing and re wire it, solder etc.

Shit happens, still the greatest hobby!

You will look back and laugh after you've purchased pin number 10 or so

I'm at 20 and counting

#5074 4 years ago

Most haters chime in when they have no room left or $$$ or both

Who cares?

#5097 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Well. Maybe I exaggerated a little on the wife giving me heat. I mean. She just asked what’s up with their quality control and I said it’s a normal thing with pinballs. I mean, she likes to play too. And this is my second pin. I have a South Park as well; that I bought from this site. And yes, we played a little tonight even without the ramp working. So. Yeah. It is what it is. Hopefully I’ll get my replacement parts early next week and I’ll be able to swap them all out. Luckily, I do like to tinker under the hood, just didn’t think I would have to this soon out of the box,is all I’m getting at. Really. Messing around with my South Park kind of got me used to working on these machines so I’m not scared to get under there. I just didn’t think I would have to do soon. Oh well. Like u Guys said, it’ll get fixed. I did have one hell of a game earlier today when it was working after I put in the replacement board. I actually had a hell of a fun time with it.

It's ok man, you are entitled to bitch and whine like everybody else here.

Sometimes it just makes you feel better. Then crack open a few beers or three and no worries.

It does help to have a few machines so if one is down you got others to play.

#5130 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Well Macho weighed in.....

I can’t believe a grown man would listen to that crap Oh wait, just did

Off to take my morning dump.

Speaking of dumps, let’s get back to trashing the game

Trinidog, keep us posted dude

The expectation level for Stern is just so much higher than everybody else including JJP

As for the “code”? I love all the speculation, why not take it straight from Mike Vs mouth that there is a “whole lot more to come” with the projector and overall code and integration.

As a buyer of this great theme, which is number 1 for me, I’m confident that Eddy and Mike will bring it together.

The “I don’t know blah blah blah chatter” is based on mostly raised expectations from recent games JP, Elvira, TWD, BM66, IMDN, MET, DP, AC/DC and partly either no room left, no $$$ or both

Could it SUCK at the end of the day? It could, I doubt it based on theme alone.

Either way, if you are NOT out of space or $$$, it’s just another pinball machine with a GREAT theme!

I’m buying, playing it, if I don’t love it after 3 months I’ll sell it. But I still have my Munster LE waiting on code update. I’m sure Dwight will get to it a few years later like GB

As for losing $$$ when you go to sell, don’t buy if you can’t afford to take a hit. Not hard to figure that out these days.

It’s a lot of the same geniuses that think Rick & Morty is the greatest pin ever after a 60 second video

LMFAO!!!

#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

With all due respect Ice you do that with almost every game. I think you like the flavor of the month club and talking or being a part of new releases-which is all good. Looking at your collection makes me think you like to ride the new game train-hop aboard-toot toot.

It’s because, wait for it...........

Stern has made some great games, with great themes that I like

So I buy what I like, what a concept

I did NOT buy DP or Guardians due to theme and no appeal to me

And sold my IMDN because it was piece of shit quality wise under the hood

Haters won’t agree but Stern quality has increased in ways since then

JP was a game I wasn’t gonna buy until it became the greatest pin ever. Tops TWD now for me

BIGGEST thing, I pay for it, I’m playing and having fun weeks later. That means something to me

Super Chexx hockey, paid 3 weeks ago, arrives Tuesday.

Still waiting on WonkaCE!!! So I’m done with JJP Nibs even though GNR will do great

It’s all great. Best time for pinball hobby ever which is a good thing lining up with the best economy ever!

#5140 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well Ice I know one thing for sure-with all those new titles you will be getting in soon you will need to amp up your hype for these games and start defending them like you are trying to save someone's life. You definitely have the passion-Mayhem is coming for those who dare to argue with you about any of your new games.[quoted image]

Lol

I really don’t care what anybody else thinks BUT I do like to argue about pinball, it’s fun

Kind of like sports, KC and Niners will be in the Super Bowl

Now I just said my game IMDN was a piece of
Shit

My hype is for the excitement over this great theme

Most of the hate comes from people with no $$$ to buy or no space left

Some genuinely don’t like the theme, whatever, BUT nobody knows how the story ends because it’s NOT finished, just like TWD and BM66

#5141 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Do you know where you are Ice?
You're already in the jungle...you'll be in on GnR.

The excitement level is already off the charts.

Damn, you are right, “welcome to the jungle” baby.

But I won’t buy one Nib and have to wait 10 months again. I’ll just wait 10 months afterwards and then buy it

Haven’t even seen Turtles and it’s the second coming of 60 second video Rick and Morty!

The WWE hype is real baby!!!!!

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Haha, that's more like it!!! Are you in on R&M too? I got a BSE spot last week from a distro.

Gotta draw the line somewhere Rockytop.

But, my distro buddy offered me a low number spot yesterday that somebody else backed out on. Think i just wait for Turtles and GNR

He's got a LONG line waiting for GNR

#5156 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Don’t normally agree with people bashing stuff, but this one was inexcusable. People have been BEGGING to see this thing on stream, and it isn’t level? I downloaded the pinball app , crawled under the machine, lifted it with my back because I’m a hillbilly with no lift, and leveled it. 10 mins tops, perfect. Yet they couldn’t do it AT STERNS HEADQUARTERS?? There is no defending that one.

Now I know why I like this guy. Another Hillbilly brother!!!!

#5184 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah it is because i do think the game has potential. Its nothing groundbreaking and it has its ups and downs but its probably going to be a good game i think. I just cant wait to hear why that problem is even happening. Unfortunately it does seem like this game is Munsters 2.0 in a lot of peoples eyes but it seems ok to me.

You hate Munsters too now Terry? LOL

Yeah, like Cleland said, it looks like some Ops just don't care or are ignorant about setting up their games.

Streams i saw, nothing like that. Just FUN

The game you played ain't coming to my house so it doesn't matter. It's not Munsters yet......the premium/LE's aren't even shipping and the code has "a ton more to go". At least its NOT Dwight. There isn't a game out there that doesn't require some tweaking. TWD pops drain, all of IMDN, etc.

As for the quallity? IMDN was the biggest POS plastic garbage ever.

If it IS Munsters, that's ok with me too. I love this theme.

#5188 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please help us then. How do you fix a demo shot that misses high every single time? So far we’ve tried:
6,6.5,7.0,7.1-7.5 pitches
Flipper power everywhere from 170-255.
Nothing as helped.
Was hoping we wouldn’t have to take the mech apart to adjust but it seems like we may have to. Looks like that will be a royal pain too. Just looking to avoid that so we’re gonna have to wait possibly and hope someone finds an easier solution.

Can’t say Chuck. You have seen the streams? Balls are wearing that vagina out

Sometimes with Stern you draw the short stick. I did with IMDN and BM66 until I got it fixed

You are gonna have to take that mech apart which sucks. That BM66 turntable was not fun. Had no choice

Anyhow, gl with it. You will get it fixed

As for me, I’m going with the LE vagina that shakes and moves. What’s not to like?

#5195 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Heck no I LOVE Munsters and always will. I haven't hardly got to watch any of the STh streams yet so I dont know what the success rate of putting the ball in the Demogorgams mouth even is. I just know the one I played last nite that it's almost 0% lol
The owner of this establishment actually is a very good operator and he takes good care of his games but he just got a lemon for whatever reason with this STh game that he just bought. I'm sure that it has to be something very simple.
Maybe that hole just needs bored out some to make the ball go in there easier?

Lol. Bore it out. The hole should loosen up over time

Watch the recent Jack Danger premium stream

0% is no bueno but I’ve had good success lately with JP and Elvira so I’m gonna ride the streak

I’m much more worried about having issues with my Wonka coming. And Potc

#5202 4 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I had the opportunity to play one on location yesterday and hit the demogorgon shot once on the first mode. Wasn’t easy and never hit it again the rest of the game. Overall, I walked away unimpressed. I was really looking forward to this game but the whole thing felt kinda blah and boring. I’m hoping code can help but I’m losing hope quickly on that.

More of a classics guy? Have you played JP or Elvira?

#5218 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet you wouldn't have made one on the game that I was playing last night lol. I dont know what the hell was going on with it. Maybe Chuckwurt forgot to pull the protective plastic off of the demogorgons mouth that it shipped with from the factory.

Was that Chuck’s game you were playing? Lol

Come on Chuck, wtf!!!

On special when lit stream right flipper got it most of the time when squared up

#5222 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Gary Stern’s “wet dream” customer statement.
And people wonder why Stern games continue down the path they’re on...

Like The Jurassic Park path? Best game ever. Elvira great too. Deadpool?

Jury out on STH pending code and premium LE delivery

You are basically implying like others do that he, I and anyone that buys a Stern game is stupid Lol

I like the “path” that Stern is going down. Keep it up

Everybody is free to give their opinions, giving people advice on how they should spend their money because you don’t agree with it? F that

#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not his but he set it all up for the guy. I should ask for my 5 dollars back.

Poor Chuck. Sorry dude, didn’t know that was you! You’ve tried everything except take it apart. Tough luck for the OP. Yeah Terry, $5 bucks...

#5275 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

<begin soapbox rant>
I can't believe that some people here think that any company shipping any product that is DOA straight out of the box is acceptable. yes, I get that we as owners should know how to fix basic things (when they go wrong) to avoid costly repairs. however, that doesn't mean that we should have to play the role of technician straight out of the box.
if your brand new microwave, tv or videogame system were DOA straight out of the box, would you feel the need to break it open and start troubleshooting it on your own? I don't think so.
<insert cargument>
even if your $9,000+ base model car that you just drove off the lot died within 6 months, I'm guessing that you'd be right back at the dealer pitching a fit over the fact that there's no way that this should happen.
the fact that it has become acceptable to say "because it's pinball" has become synonymous with "you will need to adjust and fix things in order to enjoy your NEW purchase" is truly crazy. it's this type of mentality that has allowed [some] of the manufacturers to continue to get away with shipping games that "are a box of lights" at launch, take upwards of a year or more to get to v1.00 code (though still not complete) or remove a major feature via a code update rather than correct the physical issue just to name a few things that have occurred over the past 2 years.
and yet we (as a group) still continue to throw money at these companies for fear of missing out

Spend your $$$ the way you want to

Same old tired F ing arguments

You don’t grow sales like they do by being
Shit producers.

Can any of them do better and offer more? Sure, that’s life

People are to buy OR not buy. It’s YOUR $$$ to decide for yourself or not. Sadly, too many geniuses think they should tell you how best to spend or blow your $$$

Fact: Stern has 4 of the top 10 pins of all time according to Pinside. 3 in the last two years

Here is a clue for the bewildered. THAT is why people buy with THEIR $$$

Different priorities

#5416 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This is the worst new Stern release thread in the history of Pinside.

LOL, how quickly you forget GB Kpg.

#5671 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

HAHAHA
I know right... Iceman, sorry brotha...

That's ok brother! I can't argue with JPLE, its one of the best EVER. And the Trex is an awesome toy.

#5683 4 years ago

I love how STH is a "flop" before the code gets off the ground, "Much more coming". I heard the same thing with TWD.

It's WAY too early to bury STH.

Some people say, "theme is everything". At least that's what they use to hypocritically buy Rick & Morty pins after seeing a 60 second video!

Sold out in 4 hours based on theme and Danesi and a 60 second video. Yet its still only 750 games and the FOMO is why it sold out so fast. Stern will sell 4,000 or so STH pins. And all 500 LE's

IF "theme is everything" then STH will be phenomenal when its all said and done coding and integration wise.

People like myself that love the show will only get more excited as updates come out.

LE's and premiums aren't even shipping yet. But they will start in the next week and i don't have to wait a year to get it.

Thank you very much!

#5684 4 years ago

Btw, i'm having a blast playing my JPLE and ElviraLE while i wait for STHLE to arrive.

It's a great time for this pinball hobby!

#5691 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

According to you Raza is allready a flop before it even came to market.
Everything is fine.

"Theme is everything". Lol You made my point. Wtf is RAZA?

Seen enough and that "theme" is not gonna get it done in UNLIMITED production by Deeproot. And btw, the layout sucks, the ramp can't be hit!

And i've waited for YEARS, total letdown for me

#5692 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Anyway... Tangent over, back to my question. He said that they had a contract where they through updates could utilize future clips from future seasons of Rick & Morty.

If you love Rick & Morty that would be a great thing. I still haven't seen an episode and could care less about that theme.

I really like South Park so maybe i'd like this show?

Has anyone seen more than a 60 second video?

By comparison, the fact that TWD didn't include future seasons doesn't make any less of a GREAT pin.

I'd love to see a new TWD pin with LCD and new seasons. No brainer for Stern!

#5698 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

- You (as most) mix up "theme" and "license"
- The ramp can easily be hit (the question is if you make it up there)
- Stop waiting and holding your breath for Alien, or your brain dies off

"Theme" means theme. Simple

Alien is a great "theme" and game. I have one. More are coming.

The ramp can't be hit on RAZA. Robert said it was designed to be "challenging" and for better players to get 50% of the time

#5781 4 years ago

The Metallica LE was the beginning of the end for “flipper profit”. Stern is now putting that money in their pockets. Right or wrong it is what it is.

We all remember people crawling all over themselves to buy those LEs to flip. GB was the last one that got flippers excited

And yet fast forward to today, Stern has record sales year over year for the past few years

JPLE is one of the best ever, ElviraLE is another great fun pin that will only get better thanks to Lyman and STHLE remains to be seen for me, great theme!

#5782 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

„If you‘re reasoning with an idiot, two idiots are reasoning“

Is that why you like reasoning with me?

#5819 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

How about just make more Pirate games or at the very least make more toppers so us LE owners can own one! Something anything we just need more Pirates in the World. Don't you think?
Speaking of Pirates some announcement came out that Disney is talking to Zac Efron to play Captain Jack! PUKE!!!!!!!!! If that happens I'll throw my POTC into the ocean to see Davy Jones! LOL

Toppers? Lol. What a joke

Delt, this guy won’t even pay the Pinside fee to sell a game.

Every game he lists sells “outside” so that’s the kind of guy he is

#5844 4 years ago

Since IMDN overall quality is better. My Munsters, JP and Elvira are solid with no pf issues or otherwise

STHLE on the way soon. Looking forward to it. Mike V says a ton more code, video and audio coming.

It’s a fun theme. Not every pin can be a GOAT

$8600 LE btw. Not $10k. $9,999 is close to $10k

#5853 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

There are people who show up to a thread over, and over, and over, and over, to do nothing but bitch. Lets assume this is the single worst game EVER made, why do that to yourself? Its mind boggling. It's like they think we forgot everything they hate if they don't check in to remind us every 5 mins.

Go back and look at some threads 5 years ago.

A lot of good fun characters are GONE and replaced by many malcontent non stop whiners

The redneck hillbilly population has dwindled and that ain’t a good thing

#5857 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Haters gonna hate. Played the pro for a couple hours couldn’t get off it, it was awesome. Can’t wait for the LE!!!
So geeked. Great theme. Cutting edge pinball.

Fake news haters are def gonna hate!

Yep, streams I’ve seen look great to me. I have faith in Eddy and Mike V to finish it out great

Stern is crushing it right now. JP and Elvira are fantastic!

And if you don’t like this one, how about some Turtles around the corner, or Back to the Future?

Ahhh yes, greatest time ever for pinball

#5858 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

People don't have a problem with games being updated over time. The issue is the game is being sold code-wise at a near prototype level. The amount of stuff missing is appalling. Lack of code, The empty playfield, The nonexistent quality control is killing this game and people are speaking with their wallets because the game isn't selling well.

wtf are u even taking about. Code is NOT prototype level. That was BM66. Get your facts straight brother

Deadpool early on? You own it

#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Jurassic Park and Elvira are great but in comparison Stranger Things is disappointing, sure they can make better code and fix the playfield and mechanical issues but nothing is going to fix the layout and barren playfield. Unless the redo it which they have never done

So what? I have JP and Elvira

STH is NOT disappointing to me. Maybe it is to some

I’ve heard the same BS with TWD and BM66. Two of the best ever AND if you think BM66 has a great layout then you are clueless. It’s simple and basic and somewhat easy. Yet it’s NOW a great pin

Buy what you like. You haven’t even seen a video of Rick more than 60 seconds and it’s the next coming. Lol

I’m happy with my purchase “by comparison” because it’s a great theme

#5865 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I bought my deapool used 7 months after the game was released and by that time the code had been fixed. For the amount of money we are spending on these games the code should be a bit more developed than what we have had in the last 2 years

Then don’t spend it dude. That simple.

Or better yet. WAIT until it’s done to decide if you can’t see it now like Deadpool

Let

It

Develop

#5867 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

The amount of pre owned ST games for sale should tell you everything. Its not a keeper

You own two games. Typical jealous hate? There are a shitload of pre owned games for sale! Get a clue man

Anything is a keeper for you

#5870 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cmon Ice, you’re subtle trolling of R&M is wearing a bit thin.

I’m not trolling Rick Cook? Haven’t seen it yet. Nobody has

And it’s not allowed anyhow

You want to bang on STH? Knock yourself out

#5872 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s allowed...just got to be sneaky like you’re doing. You’re experienced enough to work it out
When’s your StrTh coming? Must be soon. Looking forward to playing the PreLe but not sure how many will be on location. A couple of friends are getting one though.

How did you know you sneaky bastard!

I’m lmao right now.

I’m really enjoying JP and Elvira a lot

Looking forward to getting STHLE in next week or two depending on my distro who has been very delinquent lately

Have Wonka CE coming next week so I don’t know. Maybe both of them suck?

I’m gonna have fun anyhow

#5888 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My only
Take away from the past 2 pages is that Iceman REALLY thinks “fake news” is a shut down burn. Come on bro get some fresh material!

I was just thinking the same thing! Need something harsher and more appropriate

I’ve got a few ideas

#5890 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Surely a man of your means can afford some better writers!
I know some talent out of work guys and gals who may be able to help.

I can’t post my real feelings. It wouldn’t be safe for viewing

Where have you been? Taking a break from Stern Army? Just leaving me to it

#5894 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I agree with most of your posts, but easy with the 2 game owner hate!

Look forward to it!

Quoted from corvair61:

Alright guys... let me say this. This is the my first NIB LE and I was nervous. BUT.. I tweaked my game, found that the issues I had were minimal (Ball stuck in shooter lane —- so i bend the metal out and it shoots fine ...... Demigorgan gate was sticking —— it fell out of its mount and I put it back in place) NO BIG DEAL
I need another day of game time to finalize my thoughts, but as of now I put over 50 games on it yesterday and I absolutely love it. I won’t elaborate on the million posts about code and call outs because everyone else has done it...It will all come in time and will only excite me more every time Stern announces an update.
But this is what I instantly noticed about THIS game over the last two days when I had friends over to play..... I purposely invited people over that know pinball and others that don’t know pinball. The ones who don’t care about pinball were fascinated with Stranger Things and that’s all they wanted to play.. THEN, they called me yesterday and asked if they could come over again to play some more. This time they played it again and everything else I own and loved it. When they left... they became new fans of pinball in general... Now THAT my friends is what I love to see. This is the best age for pinball right now, and it’s only going to get better. This game is a blast and the LE package is stunning. I do not have buyers remorse. If you’re on the fence...Go get a Premium. You won’t regret it.

This is real news. Happy you enjoying your game! And that your friends are too. This is what pinball is all about. Having fun!!!

#5895 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I just started getting games, but ive played tons. I would a regular job im sorry im not loaded and have 10 games like everyone else. So the games i chose to buy are games i love and are worth it. Talking about the fact that i only own 2 games is irrelevant to the fact that ST basically the ford pinto of pinball machines. Soon you won't even be able to give them away

No it goes straight to you just hating on the game for hate sake when you make comments like that which are plain ignorant.

It's the "ford pinto" of pinball machines. Are you Kaneda's brother or just a parrot of his.

#5903 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No special setup. It’s a bit shallow at around 6.6-6.7 Degrees and level side to side.
Just need to get the demo shot figured out and the magnet lock to be lore consistent and I’ll be a pig in shit. I’m seriously BLOWN away by this sound package.

Just getting caught up on stream Chuck, missed it live. Fantastic job. Thanks for doing that.

#5909 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I feel a bit sorry for this coder chap Lonnie.
Quite a few people seem to be giving him grief for being not up to the task yet - all quick to defend and buy Stranger Things? Then saying how great it will be once the code matures?

It's not just the chap Lonnie. It's a collaboration of Eddy, Mike Vinikour and Lonnie on the ruleset to bring it all together.

#5972 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I’ve met 4 people including myself that will only buy Stern going forward. It’s a wash!!! Lol

Funny how there is a mass exodus of Stern buyers on Pinside yet they have record sales year over year for the past few years. Who is buying these pins then? LOL

#5980 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I want Stern to make games as good as JJP if they're going to charge the same. Its just common sense.

And yet Stern keeps whipping their ass in sales! LOL

Can't fight the facts.

#5985 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Stern keeps winning because they sell a CHEAP version which appeals to the majority of buyers. JJP can't get down to those prices because they put way way way to much into their games. Unless JJP can ever develop a 5700 dollar version they would EXPLODE!
Can you imagine how many Pirates, Wizards or Wonka's they would have sold at $5700 ... it would be thousands! But would people love them the same once they started to strip away some of the things that make their games so magical?
Good question?
But I think you miss the point or you're ignoring it all together. What gives Stern the FREE pass to sell a game for the SAME price as JJP and offer half the game? How is that morally right? I guess it is if people keep getting suckered into it... that really is the only explanation honestly. This is why people who bring up these valid issues shouldn't be ridiculed.
Stern needs to be held to higher standards and not just letting the theme do the talking!

Ask yourself why JJP CAN'T sell a game for $5700? If pigs had wings they could fly, can you imagine that?

This isn't about morality, what a joke that is!

Either buy what they offer or don't. Simple as that. It is what it is and people are voting with their wallets. Simple.

I'm very happy with my JPLE and ElviraLE and pretty much every other Stern purchase i've made, with the exception of IMDN.

So yeah, I'd like a $10,000 game and pay $5,000 for it like every other whiner and complainer. But I don't live in fantasyland

#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I am a Stern Fanboy but i am buying GNR next my first Jersey Jack. I actually never thought i would.
The only pinball i would own since Deadpool is JP2. Sterns decisions lately are not good and i can see that the last 18 months has not been great. I just bought a BSD to fill in the time as i am not impressed with games lately from stern.

Well you are tough to please if you can't like JP2 or Elvira for that matter but to each his own, you are definitely in the minority.

Buying a GNR sight unseen and regardless of price increase from JJP?

I'm getting my WonkaCe in the next few days. I'm an equal opportunity pinball lover.

#5989 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

You misread me I said i would own a JP2 and i bought a Munsters LE sight unseen as being in Australia its do it or miss out oh what a mistake. We only get about 10% of LE's allocated to us. Elvira does not compete with JP2 so why bother with it. GNR is a dream pin for me.

Got it. JP2 really great, so is Elvira.

GNR should be a huge seller for JJP

Jury is still out on STH even though i'm getting an LE because of the theme. I have faith that Eddy and Mike V. will bring it all together in the end. Munsters and Dwight? Maybe in a few years like GB.

#6014 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

All true. BUT...I bought an LE because it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. (Pinside seems to almost always be wrong on this stuff...remember when Munsters was greeted with such enthusiasm? The initial reaction on this site seems to be almost entirely the opposite of what people think a year after the game is released.)
I liken this game to my GOT LE. I had that AWFUL orbit issue that I spent hours trying to tweak by ripping apart the playfield. At the end of the day, it was a 5 minute fix drilling out the mount for the diverter and pushing it a few millimeters forward. This fix for SThLE seems to be the same thing: A quick fix for a game that has the potential to turn out great like GOT did.
If I'm wrong, then fuck it. I bought a game that I'll enjoy for a year or two, take a bath on, and move on to something else. You can't win 'em all.

Exactly Boobie, don’t let the dipshits get you down

They don’t know squat. If you like it so be it

I know I will. Whiners and complainers that ain’t buying anyhow because they are broke dick haters don’t matter

The dummies don’t realize they are gonna take a bath on all new games. Bricks included

Don’t buy a pinball machine if you don’t want to have to tweak it and fix it! Get it?

Have fun and enjoy pinball. Lol

#6016 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly Boobie, don’t let the dipshits get you down
They don’t know squat. If you like it so be it
I know I will. Whiners and complainers that ain’t buying anyhow because they are broke dick haters don’t matter
The dummies don’t realize they are gonna take a bath on all new games. Bricks included
Don’t buy a pinball machine if you don’t want to have to tweak it and fix it! Get it?

It’s part of the experience like the pops setup on TWD. Get over it

Have fun and enjoy pinball. Lol

#6019 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Glad there's *kind of* a solution but it's a damn shame it comes down to nagging issues on nearly every $5500+ game.
[quoted image]

Replace that with JP and Elvira owners. LOL

STH blows so lets get it right

#6020 4 years ago

The reality is that Stern is killing it right now. JP is a possible GOAT and Elvira is getting there.

Don't like STH? Get one of those games, or TMNT next or the 3 more games that are coming out this year.

Or a JJP GNR that is coming, not to mention Toy Story

#6031 4 years ago

You guys crack me up! JP is a GOAT candidate and Elvira is great and evolving with another code update yesterday.

STH is a great theme and will get there too.

All of you fickle HATERS will be screaming "take my money" when they announce TMNT next! And you know it

Like it or not, Stern is #winning. It's a great economy, all of pinball is thriving!

#6032 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The reality is Stern is killing it. They could serve me a shit sandwich and I would happily eat it while Gary kicks my dog.
-iceman44 somewhere

You just ate one so you should know what it tastes like! LOL

#6033 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stern is not killing anything but possible repeat customers.

The same guy that is beating up poor Boss Hog for stating his opinion on Bricks and then coming into threads like this just to take a shit. LOL

All you Brick guys come on in if it makes you feel better!

#6061 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

hhahah hit a nerve apparently... The glass off quote was not mean't directly at you but more for all the complainers on here, relax it will get sorted out... If you don't want a shitty pf don't buy anything new, pick up an older Bally / Williams game for half the price and you won't have to worry...
Also for all those pumping up Spooky for there PFs my Alice has more dimples on it than my Elvira This is in no way a diss on Spooky either as Alice is probably a top 5 game for me and a keeper, but the grass isn't greener

My Elvira and JP PF's are in great shape after many plays. Thinner clear equals less dimpling, as if it matters anyhow.

I get your frustration Terry, just saying what my experience has been with the last two Sterns after a shitty IMDN experience.

Not that i'm a big fan or will buy it but TMNT will sell out as soon as its announced and shown.

There's a long line waiting for GNR.

#6063 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really you think so ice? I cant see that at all. That interest me about as much as WWE does.

Me either, that's just what i'm hearing from distros, maybe its fake news? LOL

There are other themes i don't get either that people seem to love!

#6066 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

A rock band compared to pretend fighting mmmhhh. Here in Australia a lot want GNR but the price will scare most away. JP2 sold well here but that might be the line in the sand. I think Stranger things has been a huge flop here and i think pinball sales here are about to slide badly.

I don't know how you Aussies keep paying those prices on every release.

#6067 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I bought AS so that's no better really so who knows. I think Jack has lost a good portion of his fan base after not taking care of his customers and I think its going to affect sales. Stern is in the same boat but they can afford to lose a few customers where JJP probably cant. It's going to be interesting.

Yeah you got me onto AS! It's a fun game.

Well, JJP has a cult following but you are right, i don't have my WonkaCE yet after 10 months, coming next week i hope, but i'm never doing that again.

JJP better announce a game and have it on the line ready to go. Problem with them is Jack will announce 2000 LE's and 1000 CE's with no rhyme or reason on anything.

#6089 4 years ago

Too many people roll right on past problem free JP and Elvira. Maybe a few little issues. But Pooling and chipping is NOT a thing 3 games ago

STH is having Demo issues. Sucks. Shit happens on an $8600 game. It doesn’t make me not want to buy it. Of course I’d rather it didn’t happen

Best thing to do is put nothing in a game and sell the theme and “personality”. Boom problem solved. Maybe that’s why they did that with Bricks. It was a genius move with that theme. It basically defines a large chunk of pinheads

The truth is that so many people that complain they are never buying these games again actually do and will. You can’t help it. I’ve said the same thing many times before as well. Don’t like STH pffft. Who cares. I don’t.

TMNT or some other theme people love by Stern will sell huge again. The numbers and facts just prove it year after year. They make fun games.

That’s why I buy pinball games, to play and have fun. With STH, that fun factor will include my family. “Boring”, it’s just the show! Just because it not a curse fest with crude humor Like Bricks does not make it boring. Lol

I’m a fan of Bricks too. Looks like fun. I won’t be buying TMNT either to own

#6101 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I wonder how long Scott Danesi will bother posting here when we have guys like iceman calling his layout bricks. It's such an awesome joke though! At least Iceman has picked his tribe. Anyway, I get that your irritated by negative stuff being spewed at Stranger Things, but your little joke just makes you the opposite side of the same coin.
I think Stranger Things looks cool by the way, especially the moody atmosphere. I also like the idea of the demogorgon shot, I'm pretty sure Stern will work out the nagging issues in the end.

Who cares? Lol

Brick buyers love shitting all over STH and Stern trying to ruin the great experience we are having!

You won’t see me in the Brick thread because it’s a love fest and I happen to think it will be a lot of fun

As for STH, I know I will have a lot of fun with it

Just finished a round on JP, Elvira and BM66, and going back for more, I’m a happy camper

Oh by the way, shout out to Ocktoberfest fun!

#6102 4 years ago

My JP and Elvira pf’s, zero pooling or chipping and minimal dimples as I had to put my glasses on to inspect the situation for you guys!

I like old school wood but I don’t give a F what they come up with. Haggis? Deeproot?

You can take a hammer to a crapper and it’s still a crapper

#6103 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't bought any games since Munsters. I would like to buy a JP and a Elvira but dont have the confidence to pull the trigger.

Well you should Terry. Both are awesome. Zero issues for me

#6116 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

JP is amazing and so is Elvira 3 also. This Elvira game will be the best of the three Elvira games easily. JP is probably the better game but I personally would opt for Elvira i think because its a dream theme that has lots of cool features and it also has Lyman on code so its going to end up a masterpiece. Both games are HUGE winners!

I’m playing Elvira more right now but I go back and forth. Elvira has great “personality” and puts a smile on your face

House MB and the song Shout, Gargoyles, Dead Head crypt, junk in the trunk, Wild women levels of MB, Gappa angry, Freak fryer, Happy hour, clown cars and all the great modes!

#6262 4 years ago

Some of you guys are just F ing clueless. Seriously.

You don't get it and never will. LOL

#6300 4 years ago

After kicking ass on two of the greatest fun games ever tonight and still UPDATING.....

Yes that's JPLE and ElviraLE. LOL . Seriously, several thousand people get it but.....

You dopes figure it out because I'm LMAO

Where are the crybaby pictures?

This is just another great game and the handful of numb nuts will never figure it out!

#6305 4 years ago

It's comical. People pay unbelievable amounts of $$ for shit plastic mods (for the most part) on every game and then here comes a "mod" from Stern.

You know it's true. Like a monkey F ing a football. LOL

#6307 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can't stop playing it, first of all because it's such a cool game, but mostly because it keeps kicking my ass. New code update is fantastic and it's STILL early code. And my JPLE sits lonely on the other side of the room waiting for me to return (and that game is a masterpiece, IMHO).

Well Boobie, i'm looking forward to adding this great THEME to my lineup and putting it right next to JPLE and ElviraLE and having FUN like you on this game.

Just updated both JP and Elvira code. Seriously, how do you get a much better experience in pinball than those two games? You don't.

Stranger Things looks awesome. Fake news is trying to make it into a pile of shit which we know doesn't matter in the first place AND the same jealous haters can't stand someone else's happiness.

#6309 4 years ago

OMG, we got F ing "tricked". LOL

What it is NOT is a "butter cabinet".

#6315 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

C'mon Ice, no doubt this is a very cool feature of the game. Especially given that the PreLe will already be played in the dark to get the full benefit of the projector. This should have been/was a standard feature of the game and had it been "unlocked" at launch, the game might not have copped as much of the negative reaction it did.
But implementing it this way? Even the Sternest of Stern apologists cant deny it's a cynical premeditated abuse of their customer goodwill.

Come on Cookie, we like the same games and buy them right?

Even the Bricks apologists and hyper FOMO crowd can put the hater fest down for a moment? LOL

I'm F ing tired of the Stern blah, blah, blah..........

I BUY games that i like, themes that i like and i don't give a F who makes em. Stern or not.

As for "apologists", JJP can kiss my f ing ass right now.

#6329 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

LOL
Where the F is your Stranger Things LE anyway?? You're like the last person to get delivery - the Aussie games will be delivered before you get yours at this rate.
Speaking of which, there's a few LE's still left for sale with the distributor down here - might be a good time to pick up the phone and get the UV "upgrade" thrown in for free

I am jumping on some ass now BUT happy to be late delivery.

Wait a minute, pinball is a F ing ripoff? But its the greatest thing ever?

Yeah its both.

#6335 4 years ago

Shhhh....don't tell anybody, it's called "marketing".

Please don't tell the shitty plastic mod people what Stern is up to? It's blasphemy. We want FREE shit!!!

And they don't care about the broke, lack of space, wan't free shit crowd. It's hysterical.

The game itself doesn't matter? LOL

#6342 4 years ago

IF it's a good game that people want it will sell.

IF it's NOT a good game that people don't want it won't sell.

All the crybaby contortions don't really matter, do they?

#6346 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not in love with stranger things game, it ain’t their best work and it lacks the polish I’ve come to expect from these guys.
But this latest outrage just reminds me how out of touch I clearly am with the emotions of your average pinsider.
If i owned one of these I wouldn’t give a wet fart about it. Just another dumb mod I can live without, and that the next owner of the game can buy if they want to blow the $280.
The playfield turns purple during that one hurry up mode 3 Times a game? I think I can live without that, just like I could live without the $70 demodog plunger handle it the $400 topper or whatever other garbage they are selling because they know you people can’t control yourselves.
Get a grip folks!

You are out of touch in general Crazy even though you are a Stern lover. You don't need to play to the average dummy crowd and as usual, you aren't buying shit. LOL

#6349 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Lots of games have had UV ink over the years, EATPM, Dr. Dude, WWFRR and they never even offered a light kit for it. Anyone want to get pissed about that?
Stern didn't rip anyone off, they gave everybody UV ink and offered an option to those that want to pay extra for it.
The outrage around here is ridiculous. Don't buy the f'n' thing then.

But....then the F ing crybabies wouldn't have anything to cry about!

Broke, no space and yet they spend thousands on shitty plastic mods.

Yep, you guys KNOW it. This isn't about Stern really. Jealous haters is all it can be.

Because like you said, don't F ing buy it if you don't like it.

#6351 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man I’m THIS close to buying a Beatles. Just waiting for that $5000 distributor blow out I keep hearing about.

This isn't free shit Friday Levi. LOL. I know you live in New York but come on brother! Your buddy Kaminkow ain't letting it go that cheap. The license itself is seven figures you cheap bastard.

Yes while you wait for the never gonna happen i've been loving my Beatles. You are correct, its a great pin!

I figure I've already played at least $6k worth of pinball on that game thus far.

#6356 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It's not even about not buying one, for me anyway, for sure the people that own this game. It's about creating and establishing NEW ways to gouge the customer, versus rewarding them for loyalty, and them clearly paying way too much for the game initially.
Bad business practices, become the new standard. Home buyers saw that happen with the LE/Collector market.

Wes, seriously, you know i don't have my WonkaCE yet that i "clearly paid way too much for".

Most people really do get it. They buy what they like and are good consumers for the most part.

More importantly, we love great pinball experiences and $$$ is secondary despite what the hypocrites say

#6357 4 years ago

Wow, do you think a Star Wars topper for $1k is bad PR for Stern?

Or any other crappy topper that people buy up? How did that affect sales?

You can't even get a Jurassic Park shooter rod right now.

Get over yourselves people. Hypocrites and crybabies.

You pay big $$ for crap junk mods every day on every game you over pay for!!! Yes I'm guilty too.

Try and be somewhat honest with yourself. I know its hard.

#6463 4 years ago

Fickle FOMO's will be right back at it with chants of "take my money now" on the next title. LOL

And the title after the that....and the one after that.....

#6465 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

All the premium and LE owners can be disappointed that their games didn’t come factory with this add-on. But the head hunting of stern, claims of “unfairness” and “false advertising” are ridiculous. Even Kaneda the so-called “marketing expert” is blinded by fanboyism. And many of you have seemingly become a thoughtless echo chamber.
You were all presented with a description of the product you were buying, as well as a comparison features matrix, along with an MSRP. No where in any of those descriptions was this UV reactive playfield, or software feature for UV lighting during certain modes. You all elected to buy it without this feature, at less than the advertised price. None of you even knew it existed until a few days ago, and would have carried on bitching about unmakeable ramp shots, crappy coil stops, and failing lock posts.
Anything being offered for sale above and beyond what was in the product description or the features matrix is, an add-on. Yes, the limited editions are known for having the “most” features in the feature matrix but have never had “all” features. It isn’t possible given the three product line differences and choices, and is purely perception.
Some real world examples that none of you bat an eye at, high end trucks like a Ford “Raptors” and Dodge Ram “Rebels” include most optional features as standard. However there are still factory made and install-ready add-ons available from SVT and MOPAR. Tesla, actually installs mostly the same equipment in many cars but their full capabilities such as “ludicrous” mode are only limited by software.
You the consumer can choose to either buy the add-on, or not. But it is common practice, it is fair, and it is not false-advertising.

$8600 + $275 . I bought it. Don't pinstadiums cost $400?

The crybabies are just whining to themselves and pissing in the wind. LOL

#6467 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think I've ever seen a more "This food is terrible...and such small portions!!!" meltdown thread in the history of this place, and that's saying something. A bunch of people who think this game blows and have pledged to never buy a Stern again whining about something they don't need, don't want, and allegedly aren't buying.
And yet the game is selling. Just like the last outrage, the Star Wars Topper nobody is going to buy that they literally can't keep in stock.
It's been alleged by Yancy that I masturbate to Stern offerings, which is pretty silly since everybody knows Stern cabinet decals disintegrate at the mere touch of semen.
But if these outrage threads aren't messy circle jerks I honestly have no idea what is.

LOL, yes it's mind blowing Levi, the fickle FOMO's are in epic whiner hate mode right now.

What's the impact on Stern? NOTHING

You said it, "and yet the game is still selling", just like JP and Elvira recently and the next ones coming down the line.

Pinstadiums, Color dmds, shitty plastic mods keep selling too. Why? It's what people want!

Let the circle jerkers continue, its funny to watch the hypocrisy on full display

#6469 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And Stern know this, right from the days of GB ghosted playfields and 'no one was going to buy nib again'.
Wait until Led Zeppelin LE is released.
Sold out on day 1 however it gets marketed.

Lol, i said the exact same thing after GB. Then i saw progress and i saw great games i wanted to buy and did.

People have ZERO credibility bitching about one issue with Stern when you can't acknowledge the positives. And there are MANY. They continue to scratch their heads as they reach record sales each year.

TREX is a great toy and innovation, the game itself is a GOAT candidate. Elvira is awesome and only getting better. And yes, PF issues have been addressed. You want an acrylic pf, go buy a Celts!

Anything like this VERY COOL add on that goes against the hate narrative toward Stern and Stranger Things is just gonna be attacked while i buy it, have fun with it, and enjoy this GREAT THEME.

While code and rules are in the infancy stage.

So we'll see, the only thing you can count on is the same handful of haters stomping their feet and whining about anything Stern while they wait on their Bricks game. LOL

#6545 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

in the R&M thread, the ricks are making fun of the STH jerrys who are having to purchase and install lighting kits.[quoted image]

Lol. That’s hilarious. Where is Bricks?

Come on Stern, where is my JP shooter rod!!!

You evil money making bastards. Lol

#6567 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just leaked,
The next Stern "MOD" kit for the upcoming TMNT Pro/Prem/LE machines[quoted image]

Bohica. Lol

Don’t use it all up man, you will need it for Bricks too

#6592 4 years ago

All we can do is have fun with the nonsense and stupidity!

Everybody wants a $10k game for $5k. It's the way of the country these days you know.

And all of the geniuses that think they know the numbers and how easy it is to run a pinball company and employ hundreds of people in making these games. Amazing.

I'll play along.

#6593 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Honestly? By running and investing in multiple businesses. No one said anything about an illegal tactic. I'm speaking from a business perspective because I have actual real-world experience building brands.

You and Chris need to give Gary a call, they obviously have no idea what they are doing!

#6610 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Miscalculating one facet of a product rollout does not equal the equivalent to someone being completely ignorant in their overall business model.

So you are saying people and companies make mistakes or miscalculations?

While the haters here like to equate everything Stern does to some end of the world crisis I'm pretty sure this is just another overblown crybaby whiner fest with them. The fickle FOMO's will be right back at it buying the next game and Stern will keep increasing their sales 20% a year. LOL

Love this new lighting mod. Looks awesome!

#6620 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I'm at a loss for how this furthers our conversation if you're quoting something I said and responded to it.
If you want to discuss why you believe Stern's handling of rolling out this feature is positive for their company, we can discuss the merits of that.

Lol, you don't get it do you.....it makes ZERO difference.

Stick to your Brick thread Jerry

#6628 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Nothing, I'd make an exception for that pin admittedly up front. Yes I'd be in line day one...but that's my dream theme end all be all. I don't apply that mindset to the other themes. I love Stranger Things, like I've said, I love Stern games and the people I've met from there have all been great people. I just am a bottom line, give it all to me in the open, type (okay ya got me on BTTF )..I will probably get this title one day but I just can't understand the market strategy at all at the expense of PR relations for a somewhat throwaway financial gain.

Don't worry, this too shall pass. I wish i had a dollar every time i said the same thing since i started with Woz back in 2011 ish? Can't believe its been that long, what a fun and wild ride its been.

#6687 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

with le prices collapsing on the secondary market this might not be way off.
i would buy a loaded huo sth le for 5500 but i dont think its worth 10k for the new one.

Well it’s $8600 for one thing

I would buy a loaded Bricks for $3500. Lol

If pigs had wings they could fly

#6695 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

$8900 if you want all the features.

Yes!!! How could i forget.

Bunch of Sad Sack haters from the Bricks thread as usual coming here to take their daily dumps. LOL . Nothing going on over there?

#6705 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think one pinball podcaster slash pinball sales guy showed his true colors by posting a link to buy this mod, then spamming basically every single facebook pinball group with the same info! What Stern did here is a joke! They put blacklight paint into the playfield then after they shipped ALL OF THE LE's they announce this for sale! They knew going it this was going to happen so pay $9200 and you don't get a blacklight for that feature?
Stern has got into the mod business, they're making more money. Jersey Jack would never do such a thing. This is beyond even Stern.
But wait the games don't work the balls are getting stuck left and right why didn't they just take the time to fix that issue before ever trying to make a mod.
I guess they had to get the game on the line doesn't matter if the game works. I know of only one podcast that will call this issue straight down the middle!!!

Hey Dr. Dude, you have ZERO credibility lecturing ANYONE on how to conduct their business and treat customers! LOL

#6716 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People been spouting this nonsense for years. The "stern defectors" are growing?
It's the same "defenders" and "defectors" every day, "day after day," saying the same horseshit!
Welcome to Pinside.

And yet somehow Stern keeps selling the shit out of pinball machines!

Can’t fight the FACTS people!

These same handful of fickle FOMO geniuses WILL be right back at the Stern feeding trough soon enough. We all know it!

So I’ll grab my popcorn, play my great games, and pop a top for ongoing show

#6729 4 years ago

Hey guys, JP is a GOAT candidate, Elvira is freaking fantastic and STH is so cool and the UV mod is awesome, yes THEME matters and STH will prob outsell em all.

Stern is on such a roll that I’ve decided I’m in on the next game sight unseen!!!

Yeehaw!!!!! Bring it on baby

#6732 4 years ago

Updating code on Elvira right now

Hitting some Nebular escape next

Don’t you guys have anything to play yet?

Giddy up

#6733 4 years ago

I've decided i'm gonna rearrange the room this weekend to create my Hall of Fame Row that will have....

JP, Elvira, STH and TWD side by side!

When you are giddy you gotta giddy up!!!

#6735 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

So it's less of a Baseball Hall of Fame, and more of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

I don't know Yoko, I'm just getting a tingle up my leg watching all these un boxings of STHLE and mine is coming next week.

Wife is bitching at me right now for some V day action BUT my Elvira code update is going painfully slow so she has to wait!

#6747 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

uv kit, delivery, topper, taxes. brings LE up to Ten Thousand Dollars. what about other misc mod shooter rod etc?
thats alot of money for average person to pay for an average game.

This isn’t Bricks Robo. Check yourself.

No tax, no delivery fee, no crappy topper

Boom boom

#6750 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Hey coming from someone who posts on this site 24 hours a day that means a lot. And you know what I've bought sold and traded tons of games. I own several amusement attractions with google ratings, facebook ratings of nearly 5.0. I've built attractions sold MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of dollars of attractions and my customers all get 5.0 brother. Don't lecture me about customer service when all you do is sit on this site and whine all day long.
Go get another drink from the bar brother as I hear that is all you do all day long drink yourself to death! Have fun! You don't know me and honestly I could care less what you think. I have bought and sold over $400,000.0 worth of pinball games and that is a fact. Not one person whom I have bought a game from or sold a game too would agree with what you just said.
Stern is trying to cash in on people's passion for pinball and I think they've gone to far. My opinion you stick to your opinions and everything will be fine. I'll see you at TPF and I'll make sure I bring you a bottle of JACK to make up for it. LOL

Hey numb nuts. That’s chump change. I’ll be at TPF. Come find me. I’ll happily straighten your ass out. Lol. And I will buy because you can’t afford it coin pusher

I’m the best multi tasker you have ever seen! Takes me a few minutes to answer stupid BS

Keep dicking people around and see how that goes

Ever paid a Pinside fee selling a game? Nope. Pathetic

#6754 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

When you repeatedly brick the DemoGorgon shot make sure you assure her :
"the next code update will make that unnecessary, honey. Happy Valentine's Day.".

Bricks is not STH. Head on back over there

#6757 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Hilton said they only sold 500 so far...

Hilton doesn’t know his head from his ass

#6762 4 years ago

This is NOT the Bricks thread. I realize you don’t have your games

Relax and be patient

You will have 3 more Stern games to dump on before you get yours. Save up some hate for those games too.

Banger is the man. I respect that dude. Just hitting the A holes Banger. Like Tatman legit

He’s buying, it’s solid

#6764 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I really like or love 80% of all pinball games I have been drawn to play.
And again. Because I love the bickering -
I will have my RaM in 2 to 3 weeks tops.
Anyway. I think STHLE is fun and innovative. I enjoy jamming on it look forward to the improvements. I just dont agree with the slipperly slope sales tactics

Giddy up brother

I hope you love it!

#6768 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

It’s not a Stranger Things or Rick & Morty decision. Both games can exist as well as every game that came before and after. I have both on order, should be getting my LE next week and Rick and Morty next month.
I love the Rick and Morty theme and bought it on theme alone. The projector and UV look amazing in Stranger things. Guns and Roses will hopefully be great. This doesn’t have to be like politics you can belong to both camps

Thank you Gunny!!!

Good lord

#6769 4 years ago

Got that direct print on my original Woz. It’s purty

#6777 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I sprung for the same on my first ever pin and realized it was now a mandatory.
This is why I have not nor will I ever fly international first class.

Lol

When you get older Delta One international is like the butter cab. Gotta have it

Heading to South Africa in April. Butter cab first class is mandatory

#6781 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Good point. What about Spooky and there pay for a membership just so you can get first dibs on ordering games.
This to should burn all you UV light folk that are so upset with Stern, they are making you pay to be in line to pay more first . (By the way neither of these things bother me one bit)

Let the Spooky Bricks guys do their thing

No need to stoop to their level in this thread despite the non stop BS from them

We aren’t in that thread because we don’t care and if makes em happy then more power to em

The facts are on our side

Don’t worry. I will wear them down

#6790 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

I agree either am I. I just got my LE today.[quoted image]

Oh yeah brother, even KPG's leg is tingling on that beautiful setup picture.

#6793 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

You’re not in the Rick and Morty thread?
Really?
Your downvotes (on that thread) say different....
[quoted image]

WTF. Seriously. The horror of a downvote is scary! Calling Bag of Rocks.

Daily dump posting? Nope, scoot on back over there LOL

The flu mask thread is calling you

#6794 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Haha, you're a wicked mofo kpg...

LOL. That's funny as shit Kvan. For a 2 year old.

Ask KPG where his GB pf is? Now that is some funny shit!

And btw, IMDN is a true piece of plastic garbage KPG. Didn't you learn your lesson?

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Good point!!! As he said I can't really afford to put coins in the coin door, despite owning 31 pinball games. I never thought of it that way, and honestly after hearing he drinks 24/7 just like he posts on this website 24.7 he might bankrupt me! LOL
I might have to pull that offer! I'll stick with the original offer ONE CASE of JD for my friend Iceman... if he'll accept and be my friend!!!
Now back to the regular scheduled program talking about all things Stranger Things! Pardon me for the interruption!

I'm back for my 24/7 duty and popping the top early today. It's rodeo day with Keith Urban. LOL. You obviously have trouble with math Dr.!

I don't drink JD so you can keep that for yourself brother. . The legend of Iceman is a lot of things, that ain't one of them.

Don't let our friend Chris hear you saying something good about STH, he will ban you from the hater brigade. At least you took your knee pads off, even if for just a brief moment.

Glad you are loving STH, go ahead, let it all out brother, it's ok!

#6825 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here's what's important. Calling out Stern for the bad and the good. Currently.... there is a lot of bad with this cash grab. That should be called out along with the shills who defend it. If/when tmnt comes out - if it's loaded AND doesn't have BS DLC than I will be there to support it. No doubt about it.
It's not about some fanboy bullshit. It's about what is right and what is wrong period and calling these companies out when they pull this but also supporting them when it's deserved.

LOL, like i said, way to stand on your principles Delt. You and everybody else will be right back at the Stern trough.

Just because YOU don't like STH or what Stern did along with some others in the vocal minority it means NOTHING. I have nothing to shill or motivation to do it.

I'm just gonna get my game, set it up and love playing it like all my other games, you want take a shit all over it non stop, that's up to you.

I am calling out YOUR over the top jealous BS hate for it. See how that works? Bitch and whiners on the one hand and shill defenders on the other.

Here is a GUARANTEE, you are crying here but you haven't called Stern to voice your displeasure have you. You can take that "fanboy" stuff and stick it.

#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Predictions:
1. New designers and coders will continue to push out the old guard (via sales numbers) (except Lyman)
2. Competition will drive the industry towards innovation and more storytelling through the LCD
3. I will buy another new Stern in 2020
4. Stern will have a great year. Stranger things will be a middle rated and received pin by the community but will sell well based on theme. Not as well as JP2

Yeah baby! That's what i'm talking about, let's have a great positive pinball day ladies and gents.

You too Dr.Fright, i sense you are in bad need of a friend so i'm there for you brother, drinks on me at TPF!

#6830 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Stern's been doing wrong/cost-cutting moves for a long time. This was more overt towards customer loyalty.

Failing decals, chipping/milky inserts, thinner gauge wiring, thinner metal hardware, re-routing of switches to backboxes, node boards that cost $$$ to replace, moon-cratering playfields, etc - that's all taking advantage of your customer base - but but it didn't get anywhere near as much attention because the "whole game was there".

Not this time though. This time, they gave the customer base a half-baked product, and they got called out.

Wrong as usual, Stern has been doing upgrading since IMDN where i felt the quality dipped to bad levels, get your facts straight!

JP and Elvira, the past two Sterns, yeah i know its tough for you to keep up NPO because they keep pumping out fantastic pins, have none of the main issues you describe. They have excellent PF quality, reinforced cabs and GREAT GAMES.

The people have spoken with their wallets leading to a record year of sales for Stern. Just the FACTS, drop the mic and game over. LOL

There will ALWAYS be malcontent, whiners and complainers never happy with anything. EVERY pinball manufacturer deserves some kind of medal of honor for having to put up with some of you.

Bottom line, pinball is thriving right now for many reasons, and that's a great thing.

#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ice - out of respect for the ice I knew before I'm going to reply in a respectful fashion. I'm out after this though. Becoming boring now.
I bought Sth NIB. I'm not someone that comes in and whines but doesn't buy anything. I also said the game was perfectly fine. Yes code rush but foundation is there. Criticism was over the top. Check the boards. It's all in there.
What I am calling out is this ridicous add on DLC bullshit. Im calling out the shills who defend Stern even as they're being bent over. I'm calling out the distributor who says don't worry about pf defects, what's the big deal about Stern building something into the pf and then charging later.....BUY BUY BUY
And no Ice I didn't call Stern to complain bc I'm not a b****. I just won't support them when they attempt that BS marketing. Feel free to continue defending. You know where I stand.

If we are "being bent over" then i LIKE how it feels. As for the "add ons", look around currently at what's going on, and it's gonna become commonplace maybe just not after the fact.

Stern took away the "flipper profit" after the MetLE debacle and now they are trying to get some of the "mod market profit". Maybe that won't work out, maybe it will, this could be a one off based on THIS PARTICULAR GAME.

IF Stern cared so much about the "mod market profit" however, i would say they are doing a shitty job of capitalizing on it. Can't keep toppers in stock AND where are the JP shooter rods if its all just a "money grab".

JJP does a pretty good job of doing full game version "add ons" after the fact.

I don't like how other people, not saying you, think they know better how to spend MY money. That...is ridiculous. To imply that anyone buying this game is an "idiot", over and over again, gets a bit old.

I know you, we can give each other shit, you can give Stern shit. At the end of the day it's pinball, we are all having fun and still brothers!

Truthfully, we all know what's up, been around the block a few hundred times now, it's the people that can't think for themselves in the echo chamber that crack me up and need help.

#6833 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ice, I don't get the hate for IMDN at all.
I think its one of the best Stern pins ever ? What's so low quality about it, especially compared to Stranger Things?
IMDN seems like a McLaren compared to the Camaro that is Stranger Things.
IMDN has metal ramps, a better layout, better artwork, an amazing rule set, a 3rd flipper, tons of custom call outs, multi-GI lighting effects (at no extra charge! Amazing), motorized Sarcophagus, motorized trap door on left ramp, etc
Plus it's just insane fun when you learn the rules.
I don't see how you can defend Stranger Things on one hand, and bash IMDN on the other?
I think IMDN and JP2 are great examples of how Keith Elwin came to the scene and crushes it and in my opinion, makes Brian Eddy's comeback look weak. I'd Keith did Stranger Things we know how much better it would have been and you know it..

Kpg, what i'm saying about IMDN isn't about the gameplay itself, i agree, its great, not as good as JP but Elwin is fantastic and so are his team of coders and rule guys. Right there with Lyman.

To me, because i pulled out that POS Sarco mech a dozen times along with the captive ball adjustments and the backbox lock optos etc. etc. I felt like it was just plastic garbage all over the game and totally unreliable.

Still had the PF issues then, and in terms of sturdiness i felt like i could pick it up and twirl it on my finger like a basketball. LOL

The next 3 games i've seen HUGE improvement in quality.

TREX? One of the best mechs ever and haven't been under the hood much at all of any of Munsters, JP or Elvira.

IMDN is a great game! But when you spend more time fixing it than playing it, it takes a bit of the shine off. Would i buy it again, sure.

As for STH, i love what i see thus far and its a great THEME, BUT i haven't played it yet so we will see if i feel the same then. IMDN might kick its ass for the reasons you stated and that's why we buy different games for different reasons.

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think why people are giving Stern so much shit here for the UV kit is the game already was so basic and stripped down compared to other Prem and LE models, then they drop this $279 "mod" that should have been at least standard.

I get why Stern is getting shit for dropping that $279 "mod" after the fact.

I just don't care in the grand scheme of things. I'm just glad they did it because its a damn cool effect and what i'd expect in the game.

I'm guessing its a one time deal because of the theme and people need to chill out.

The same people blow thousands of dollars on cheap plastic crappy after market mods

I think Rick Naegle and team coded JP, Elwin is on the must buy list now.

With IMDN, if that Sarco mech doesn't work right it throws off all of the game play code. I finally got it working great just decided to let it go to a local guy. But yeah i'd def buy it again and take my chances because it is so good.

#6850 4 years ago

I'm assuming Rarehero is posting in this thread?

THAT is why i'm busting balls. So many Bricks buyers hopping into the STH with no skin in the pin other than to take a dump on the game.

Who cares what those Brick shills think? Especially if you have to tear down a game to make yourself feel better about your purchase.

I too am very happy for Spooky pinball. A great success story. So is Stern, JJP, CGC, AP and hopefully Deeproot.

#6851 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Here is what I think.
Every game has stuff pulled out in order to make BOM. Everybody knows this. Usually, we have no idea what features were yanked.
I seem to recall a discussion around Ghostbusters launch about some sort of lighting feature being pulled.
I think at that time, people said things like, “At least give us the chance to add these things to our game.”, and “I’d gladly pay extra for this extra feature. An after market mod won’t be able to be coded in like this etc etc”
This feature is unnecessary. It was presumably pulled to make a set BOM. Perhaps The designer chose to prioritize assets and mechs. I don’t know.
I don’t yet own this game, but I’m seriously considering a Premium. I had loads of fun on the Pro last weekend.
I would DEFINITELY buy the UV lighting kit if I bought the pin. No brainer.
I DO agree it should have been included in the LE. That would have been the best of all worlds. Include it in the LE, and give Pro and Premium buyers the chance to upgrade.
As it stands, it totally doesn’t bother me. There are WAY more important things to worry about.

Another voice of reason and common sense on this issue.

I think the reason they didn't add it on the LE is that it would have been another "gotta have it" freak out like Munsters where they raised the numbers to 600 after the fact and they wanted to keep the LE at the 500 number, rightly so.

Plus, everybody gets to enjoy the effect. Pro, premium and LE. Some LE buyers, not me, might have complained about pro and premium guys being able to upgrade that feature. Who knows.

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

WTF sort of convoluted conspiracy revisionist crap is that ICE??? Now we know you’ve had too much to drink.
All I know is with each dick move my loyalty to Stern drops. Now the game must be an absolute standout, like Elwins JP, or I won’t buy. I actually PREFER buying from another company if I can. Alienating previously loyal customers is generally not good business, but when you’ve got no competition in a growing market, and the EOFY figures just validate your strategy, you keep doing it.

When you calm down Cookie guys like you and Delt know the reality and how it works.

Go ahead and let off a little steam and then come back to greatness. STH is shaping up!

How is there “no competition”?

#6870 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Here’s my problem with the UV kit. It really should have been a standard feature in the game. The game doesn’t have much else. The underground is a big part of Stranger Things, things are different there. Shouldn’t the pin change up dramatically when you’re in that mode? With GI or playfield lighting or something? Yes, it should. SW has less on it than STH but it also has a killer light show and excellent theme integration that changes the feeling of the game when appropriate.
I’m not seeing much theme integration at all with STH. Are there audio visual clips from the show that interact with the game? In the streams I see I see a bunch of demagorgan visuals and not much else. Maybe I’m wrong about this, but STH appears to suffer from Wonka-itis in his way.
So when there’s little actual theme integration to begin with - and practically no toys or features - than having to pay extra for one thing that actually provides integration with the show is inane. And insulting.
And yes Ice, sadly, after being screwed yet again by Stern, most people will step right up and buy on the next release. I won’t be one of them. I put my money where my mouth is and I’ve been doing it since the clusterfuck that was AVLE. While Stern has released many fun games since, they’ve done absolutely nothing to make me a day 1 buyer. And indeed, have screwed up so often that I would never trust them with a NIB purchase.

I never read anything you write TFA. I’m too busy staring at the avatar

But, you are WAY off base on lack of theme integration.

#6871 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah so what? it wasn't, annoying that it isn't but that's how it is, stern got this wrong and have improved it but still not good I agree but they get the code out eventually.
Spooky is niche; stern sells more games in one title than they've shipped in total; not everyone is happy with Spooky titles and they aren't all perfect, our Alice Cooper is more unreliable than my 1980's nine ball.
They just seem to be given a pass because they are new and small; others like them got the same treatment but less successful (look at dutch pinball; If I had skin in that game they'd have been declared bankrupt and had all their assets seized by now but those involved are like they've done nothing wrong despite being ripped off for thousands of pounds ) Look at JJP, shipping the most expensive "high quality" games with playfields that shocking.

Quit making sense Neil, it’s not allowed in this thread ffs

#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Iceman you post 3 to 5 thousand times EVERY SINGLE DAY how many people do you actually think care about what you say? That is a serious question.
You're too busy doing what drinking and posting on pinside all day? You know what considering you stay inside all day and post on this website 24/7 I wonder if you added the Blacklight MOD to Stranger things if you'd glow more than the pinball machine... you know considering how pale you must be for never leaving the house!
Can you add that mod and send a picture, I bet you end up looking like Uncle Fester with a light bulb in his mouth!

Lol. 3 to 5 thousand. Put the crack pipe down dude!

Here’s another post for you. Why don’t you quit trying to stiff buyers on TBL and actually pay your Pinside sale fees. How f ing cheap are you?

#6881 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You 2 need to get a room.
DrFright, when Ice gets sick of collecting Stern LE’s I hear he’s building a theme park in his backyard. Don’t piss him off too much.

My neighbor Tony Parker, Ex Spurs guard, damn near has a theme park and I’m sure the Dr. didn’t build it. It’s high quality Lol

Some people living in fantasyland!

I’ve built 10 million theme parks myself

Spooky gets a pass and Stern fucks everything up and “money grabs” blah blah.

When’s the next game to buy Cookie! TMNT

I wasn’t gonna buy but I am all in now AFTER this great $279 mod!!!!

Boom boom

Now I’m off to the rodeo and Keith Urban so
You ladies have a great night!

#6893 4 years ago

Stern has a booth set up at the San Antonio rodeo. Who knew? Nice trough

6E33CC46-19F8-4731-B29C-9C4BA01FB13A (resized).jpeg6E33CC46-19F8-4731-B29C-9C4BA01FB13A (resized).jpeg
#6894 4 years ago

This is how we do it in Texas to get things going!
69C1A444-EDC0-4927-A7C2-C283F59550F8 (resized).jpeg69C1A444-EDC0-4927-A7C2-C283F59550F8 (resized).jpeg

#6895 4 years ago

Mutton buster champ. She
Kicked ass!

4887349E-30A6-4D95-9180-74B2B8CA4ED5 (resized).jpeg4887349E-30A6-4D95-9180-74B2B8CA4ED5 (resized).jpeg
#6897 4 years ago

Hey I think I found the good Dr. Come on Jack!
1723F672-8A84-417D-8A45-AA584F392E4F (resized).png1723F672-8A84-417D-8A45-AA584F392E4F (resized).png

#6900 4 years ago

Keith “Stranger Things” Urban

Projection video is in big time!

9D7F3B6C-E653-4A23-9110-9EF3D4A586E1 (resized).jpeg9D7F3B6C-E653-4A23-9110-9EF3D4A586E1 (resized).jpeg
#6925 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Couldn’t resist.
rd[quoted image]

Lol! That’s hilarious. Your fellow New Zealander was great last night. Unreal guitarist

Ok officially back ON shift. 15 hour break. Time to clock in

#6927 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m still laughing at that photo. Classic!

Yeah I’m lmao too! I teed that one up for RD didn’t I.

#6990 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Exactly. And yet companies like spooky and CGC can make playfields that don’t dimple. My brand new MMr has not a single dimple in spite of many air balls.

Just not true, my MBLEr is a beautiful pin, that also dimples

I want a PF that dimples, it's just real pinball to me, i don't want an acrylic or concrete PF

Maybe the older you get you just don't care about this BS? Now, a shooter lane on the other hand....gotta protect that sucker!!!

#7026 4 years ago

Here’s the funny thing, been around long enough to know fo sho, that the euphoria around Bricks is a lot centered around “how much is my pin worth today” and “how much could I sell my spot for”

Nobody would give a F if a PF dimples as long as my “investment” is kicking ass! Yep, remember the Stern LE flipper frenzy days. Lol

If you were losing money on ANY pin it could have the worlds greatest PF, like Celts, and it would be the LAST thing anyone talked about

You buy a Stern pinball machine today or JJP, you WILL lose money when you go to sell it. Just a question of how much with each title

You could slap a Haggis PF into a Stern pin and it wouldn’t make a bit of f ing difference, you will lose money and people would find something else to bitch about

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
Trade
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.