IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1273 4 years ago

First impressions...

The Good

The projector idea is very cool and I can't wait to see how well it works in person, and of course what kind of novel things they do with it.
The art seems fine for the theme. Could have been a hell of a lot worse.
Actual callouts and video from the series.

The (maybe) Bad

It feels like the giant screen blocks most of the back of the PF, giving me bit of a "Popeye" vibe. A bit claustrophobic. Have to play it in person to see if it's a real concern or not.
Having a giant video playing the middle of PF all the time might be off-putting.
The giant demogordon in the middle of the PF right in front of the flippers is a bit on the nose.
Kind of over basic fan layouts personally.

Overall I feel like they made this for casuals/new players. Easy shooting, easy to hit the monster in the middle, novel effects. Not sure how well it will be received by more experienced players, but there is always room on the pinball spectrum for a game like this. Hopefully it will bring newer players into the fold.

BTW I like the show well-enough and have watched all the episodes. I'm looking forward to playing this!

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

The band SURVIVE did the soundtrack for the show and there album is just as good as soundtrack.
https://survive.bandcamp.com/album/rr7349
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this pin looks awesome, interesting how it played out that Rick and Morty went own sale before this was revealed. I had to grab a spot on RaM but not sure how these will stack up.
I just started to watch both series and just 4 episodes in on both.
just my opinion but RaM is a better theme for pinball (I mean more comic and colorful) and I think comic animations are better than TV clips (but that said ST is a very good theme). I don't really have a strong opinion on RaM the show but just in general think it's a better theme.
Toys and features (IMO) it looks like ST has the strong edge (I assume need to get ST LE/premium).
I think both games look great and if not for the need to buy for RaM would have liked to wait and see which one was playing better. I still don't know anything really about how they will play.

Buy ST now, play it, sell it (or something else) before RaM is ready.

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

You can probably do that with 8 pins in the time Spooky takes to put machine in box.
If you are over 500 on R&M you will be waiting a long long time. There still making ACNC and that was 2017

Exactly. I never get these people that have 12 months or more to wait for their Spooky game complaining that they could have bought something that comes out immediately afterwards. You still have the bulk of your game budget so use it in the meantime, if that's your desire.

I personally like looking forward to the eventual arrive of my new Spooky game and can plan for it well in advance, whether that means buying another game to tide me over or planning to sell something before it arrives to cover the cost, make space, etc.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

This was my thought exactly and my wife said the same when I asked what her thought was on it, we also thought the same exact thing about the Rick and Morty pin. My 24 year old son is a massive fan of both shows and said there is no way he'd spend that kind of coin on a pin and he makes close to six figures a year. He said that he would put that down on a house before anything else, my 19 year old said the same. I have absolutely zero doubt about this machine doing extremely well on route, but I don't see a huge amount of them ending up in homes.

Jesus, what’s wrong with kids today??

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

EVERYTHING SUCKS!!!

Merry Christmas!

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That about sums it up perfectly.
Stern is sometimes a victim of their own success. They hire Elwin and Eddy and Elwin pops out two great games, one being one of the best games ever in JP. Ritchie, Borg and Gomez. Behind the scenes video, coding and marketing talent.
I too buy games from everybody, CGC, AP, Pinball Brothers (Alien), Spooky and have a Deeproot game paid for via jpop.
Choice is a great thing and its the best of times right now for pinball across the board.

We should start a pool on which designers Stern sheds first when the economy explodes...

#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

That said, would have been cool if they took a nod from MM and had the demogorgon fell apart when you killed it... (then got put back together when the screen was back up).. or else have screen pop up in front of the demogorgon that twinkles with lighting to look like the pixelation and falling apart that is happening on the screen.

Maybe the projector can add some cool effects to sell it.

#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

JEEEZ, thought I was being cranky. It was just 2008 man, too soon.[quoted image]

At this point, I'm good with an Elwin and a Borg...

#2439 4 years ago

I, for one, am looking forward to playing the LE (not mine) and having my mind friggin' blown by the incredible gameplay and projector effects!

...and if that doesn't happen, I'll rush back here and report it.

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Interesting. Will have to examine.
This is a time where I really wish we had stern on here to confirm and explain where this switch is and where it is located

Switch test diagnostic?

#3126 4 years ago

Stern needs to keep the lines running. Elvira was a sales disappointment, so the next game in the queue gets shoved out the door, ready or not. We've seen it many times before. Gotg comes to mind. That was an end of the year release too, wasn't it?

Feels like they're dumping this one...

#3286 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Definitely not. It's very likely Franchi uses a Wacom as part of his process, but he is not painting over. As I understand, his art is his creation as an illustrator.

End results is what matter really. Don't care if it's a snapchat filter if it provides the desired result.

2 weeks later
#4846 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Jack does a good job live streaming, but I don’t get why Stern does it this way??? It is not a controlled narrative. It should be done similar to the PAPA videos, with the designer only playing the game in a controlled environment. Without a side chat going, of a bunch of people, both with good and bad comments, all live. No industry does live reveals of new products this way. Live streaming almost always, does not show any game in the best light (no pun intended for ST projector).
A controlled presentation, showing the game in the best way possible, with a designer/programmer making comments, while a pro is playing the game, after editing out bad takes, would yield far better results. Can you imagine the movie industry live streaming an unedited movie before showing it in the theater, with viewers making live comments??? It would be disastrous!

Could the players hear the game at least? I remember when they did the BKSoR stream from the Stern lunchroom and for some lame technical reason nobody playing the game could hear it at all. So a group of players who are supposed to be showing how fun the game is are forced to play without friggin' *hearing it*. Everytime Steve Ritchie came up to play he'd say something about "can't hear it". It was sad.

They should have delayed the stream until they sorted the technical issue, IMHO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 39.00
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.