• No, I am not interested 439 votes
    36%
  • Maybe, not a huge fan of the franchise but maybe if it plays well 100 votes
    8%
  • I like pizza 202 votes
    16%

(1225 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 725 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DDF9D9C8-FA3E-43C1-B549-BF55CBCB495C (resized).jpeg
3AD2602B-9325-4B6D-A17A-C7009D00CDD3 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200224-104803_Photos (resized).jpg
20200224_015642 (resized).jpg
f4befb643a37a025e03548b99ca25fbb23c66e7d (resized).png
Screenshot_20200219-202600_YouTube (resized).jpg
groundhog day (resized).jpg
IMG_20191218_173431 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191218_173428 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (1 year ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (1 year ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (1 year ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (1 year ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (1 year ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by vidgameseller (1 year ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (1 year ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (1 year ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (1 year ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can you expand what K said? I rarely listen to his podcast. Really hope Stern hasn’t fucked this one up, seems like a really easy licence to make a great pin out of with awesome lighting effects and some cool magnet tricks.

He said there is a lot of good and a lot of bad. Something to that effect.

#306 1 year ago

So seems like the normal time for a reveal during tuesday has come and gone?

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If your selling a product anywhere near the Christmas window in the United States consumers have to at least be aware before black Friday.

Didn't seem to be a problem for rick and morty?

#743 1 year ago

I bought R&M. And if stranger things is good, I'll just buy that too.

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

One tweak to the article on Stranger Things - it sounds like the movie projector feature will be only on the Premium/LE, not the Pro. Sorry about that.
Still will be colorful.

Ouch. Kinda makes me think that the projector is just a gimmick then rather than a core function of the game.

#777 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you need an idea of what they are attempting, go youtube halloween house projection mapping. I assume it is like this and the interactivity will coincide with this. It's a pretty cool idea actually. They will essentially be able to also create that snow/ash effect in the upside down with it as well.

Yea but those house projection mappings are no joke, well done/developed, using expensive projector etc. It's not the same thing.

#939 1 year ago

NST? Netflix Stranger Things?

#962 1 year ago

Teaser video posted on kaneda Facebook. Looks pretty amazing.

#965 1 year ago

And yea. No pinstadiums on this one if you get prem or LE!

#1275 1 year ago

I’m in on an LE. Hopefully the HD glass is decent. If not I’ll swap in PDI.

#1377 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stranger Things easily. Moving ramp, multiple drop targets with shot behind it, magnet backboard toy, large interactive toy / ball lock, projection toy.
Rick and Morty looks cool but the main toy is a plastic space ship on a spring.

Too bad that didn’t work out for attack from mars either.

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

We have all Premium and LE out on the route I help with. VERY rarely we'll run a pro, usually while waiting for the Premium to come out. There are plenty of operators that do the same, plus it will have to be running in attract mode all the time or there will just be a bunch of white panels all over the playfield.
And the time between FAILURE isn't as important as how long the light runs before it starts losing output lumens (dimming), especially since the cheap projector in this is pretty washed out at the beginning already.

The leaked info seemed to indicate that sterns intent for this pin is home use, I’m guessing particularly the premium and LE.

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Love Stranger things and this will definitely bring a younger audience to pinball, but looks like a typical Kinkos printed wide open playfield aka Stern Star Wars that is going upside down and DOA.
Guess we’ll find out if 15 year olds can get us pinball farts to buy them an $8k machine. Might work or die in a swimming pool like Barb

15 year olds? You apparently do not know the stranger things demographic.

#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You don’t. Read the stats buddy, and they didn’t even interview below 18
https://www.statista.com/statistics/741810/stranger-things-viewership-usa-by-age/
I didn’t say I didn’t like the show BTW, just know it’s intended for way young audiences which may not have a pocketbook for an $8K pin. If the play is good though, it could be my little pony and people would buy it. But have yet to see stern do anything radical to date

Thanks for proving me right? According to your link 31% of people age 18 to 29 have watched the show, which equates to about 16 million people. Which is over 50% of the numbers of views according to Netflix and Nielsen.

#1579 1 year ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So proving my point actually, not yours. Which 18-29 year olds have $8K laying around in disposable income to buy pins?
You get it now?

My original response was to your post about 15 year olds (see below)

You can’t quote me and then pretend you were talking about a totally different age group and then use that to argue against me. That’s called straw man.

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Guess we’ll find out if 15 year olds can get us pinball farts to buy them an $8k machine.

#1663 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mind Flayer LE!! Fuck yeah!

Soooo glad I’m getting the LE!

#1767 1 year ago

Game is voiced by the actor who played Hopper. That is PERFECT.

#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

First game on location ? My Parents Basement in Atlanta Metro![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So how does it shoot!

#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Stern are certainly on a roll. JP, Elvira and now Stranger Things have been launched and released within a few months. Very impressive that they are shipping from launch day. JJP and Spooky cannot compete with this. In this day and age you shouldn't have to wait a year for a game. I'm not a Stern fan boy just impressed with their ability to deliver great games at a crazy pace.

Spooky isn’t trying to compete or be stern. At least not today. Spooky is happy being exactly where they are.

#2148 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Watching the Jack Danger stream and I'm really liking what I'm seeing.....
They nailed the music, the sound effects, the video clips, 80s art, modes seemed varied with themes, even harper call outs are great (extra ball especially). The freaking animations are even nice.
Early code but still plenty there and I really like where they're going with it. Biggest missing piece is the humor. They need to inject some (haven't seen it yet)....

My sentiments exactly!

#2400 1 year ago

Everyone is all Rick n Morty vs Stranger Things, and I’m sitting here like “I bought both” cuz why the hell not?

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I can think of one big reason... $$$$

I know, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. I sold a pin to make some room and free up cash etc.

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

admit it, you're bragging Congrats though.

I’m actually hoping stranger things is similar/better version of AFM so I could sell my AFMrLE for a tron or dialed in or something. I have a small collection so I often need to change things up and keep it fresh.

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Total AFM rehash but here’s the problem. The call outs for each shot are lack luster, especially the super jackpots. Shooting the demigorgon and killing it is also very lackluster, hardly any interaction other than the video and ramp going back up. All can be fixed with code I guess but will never be as good as AFM.

On the premium and LE the demigorgon isn’t static so I’d expect more fanfare.

#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

Lord knows I tried to help you.

Oh I know but stranger things and rick and morty had to come before dialed in!

#2470 1 year ago

I wonder how soon LE will be on the line since stern said they’ve been making pros for weeks now.

#2521 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

After probably 20 game on it. It has some fun shots and is a good Eddy fan layout.
The demon thing is pretty tough to hit. Game currently at 7.2 degrees. I may need to change that down a bit?
Either way the tolerance for that shot is very tight/tough. Wish the actual sculpt had a secondary switch to resister shots that dont make it in the hole.
Would be much better if the game could register 'damage' and kill shots. Esp because the code often locks you out of other things when trying to defeat this one shot. This was a miss IMHO. a single leaf switch would have made this much more engaging from a play perspective.
If Lonny and code team is reading, please advise on best game angle for this shot.
Please also devise a bail out shot in code since the game lacks a switch to register hits that done go in.
I have never seen the show but was playing a bunch with a buddy that has and he says the show stuff is pretty cool already but not super deep (I assume more will come over time)

On the stream they said indirect hits that don’t go in are in fact registered and even give points.

#2528 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In the code that on our game, nothing registers unless it goes in the mouth.

Maybe it’s only on the prem LE? Or not in the code? I’ll try to find it in the vod

#2529 1 year ago

Here from deadflip stream, you can actually see there is even an animation for hitting the demigorgen and it awards points, and then after he asks if he gets points for smacking it and they say yes you do.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnticingKathishDumplingsFailFish

#2783 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I played the one in Atlanta on location at My Parents Basement quite a bit and was able to hit the shot many times. Strange.

This makes me think maybe an adjustment to the mech is needed for those having a hard time with the shot?

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from zeddex:

Stern has never ever done this with any pin......since the pro/premium/LE system has been in place and people cared this much. They Roll out the PRO first....and the PREMIUM a few weeks later. That always means you have to wait to see the bells and whistles. You can complain, but it’s never been any different.

Actually it’s PRO then LE and then Premium. Premiums start being made about 2 months after reveal.

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jimwe5t/ratings/comments
Your ratings are a joke. You’re entitled to your opinion, but your ratings suggest you have an agenda and want to prove a point, rather than properly rate these classic games.

Time to flag all of those.

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you a fan of the show? I think it’s pretty solid so far for this early in the game. Love the start of telekinesis multiball and the music and sounds are great. Just need some more callouts added. There’s tons in the code. Just need them added. Can’t wait to see how this develops.

This was my takeaway too. I got to play one and the layout was great. Didn’t have problems hitting demigorgen so makes me think this is a mech adjustment issue somehow? I think as code progresses this game is going to be better and better. Chance to be something really special.

#3177 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How can Stern make a bash toy that you can't bash?
Wonder if they may make adjustments before sending anymore out?

What chuck said, it is a bash toy...

#3217 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just played the pro. Detailed review when I get back but I'll just say there are a lot of trolls around here.
Game is solid.

So you’re saying it’s not just me and Chuck? :p

No but really it seems most that play it like what’s there. Not all but most. I think some people are too easily swayed by forums, podcasts, etc and just go with the crowd.

#3218 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Ahahaha. That’s funny. Dude can’t win an argument so he went and spammed bad ratings. Feel better now jimwe5t ?

The good news is the ratings were now flagged enough that they are now invisible by default for people who look at reviews, and they no longer impact the total score.

#3223 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

However, LOTS of people who HAVE played it have said it isn't that great...are we going to sit here and pretend everyone who doesn't like it hasn't played it?

I went back over the posts of people who actually played it and most were positive not negative. *shrug*

#3225 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You may be right, but it looked more around 50/50 to me, but not that important. The question is do those people like it enough to drop the money on one? Because ultimately that is what this discussion is about. There's lots of pins I don't hate that I have no interest in owning.
EDIT: Let me expand a bit. I'm more of a buy and hold person, not a buy and see if I like it and turn around and sell it in a few months person. That is probably the distinction here. In 99% of the cases, I won't buy something until I've played it a bit, but the online gameplay videos that are available these days are usually a pretty good indicator if you'll like something or not. In this particular case, it's hard to say because the code is so early and we've only seen the very much cut down pro.

Perfectly reasonable counterpoint.

#3240 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Definitely.
I think when it comes to purchases in the multi-thousands of dollars such as HDTVs, DSLR cameras, Pinball machines and other consumer products many people are absolutely swayed by reviews and opinions of those products whether it be on YouTube, forums, websites etc. I'm not sure why anyone would question or advise against that.

Bit of a straw man. We were talking about people who have never played the pin either tearing it apart or calling it the GOAT and how so many people just latch onto those “reviews” so easily and become part of the rabble.

Most reviews as you’re referring to are from people who actually used the product. There is a difference between conjecture reviews and reviews based on actually using a product.

#3279 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Good review indeed. But ery’body knows it’s only gonna last 3-5 months and he will be selling it.

Delt is like me, sells games often unless they are truly exceptional. Nothing wrong with that. I just sold my JP premium, does that mean the game sucks?

#3281 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Not sure what you're talking about, but I specifically meant the feedback from those who have played it both good and bad.

Then I’m not sure why you quoted me in your first post. No one was questioning feedback based upon reviews of people who actually played it.

#3292 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Re-read what I said. I did mention that the angle will slow the ball down. If you want to truly change the trajectory of the ball (and the launch angle) you will need to extend the hypotenuse of the right triangle that forms the ramp.
I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

The slower the ball, the lower it will hit on the demogorgen. The higher the speed the higher it will hit on the demogorgen. All other things being equal if the ramp, PF, and demogorgen all go up/down with the PF pitch, that's the net result. Not sure why it's turning into some weird discussion point.

#3310 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Shouldn’t you be bitching about your number over in R&M??

Nah I'm good!

#3344 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Stern is a manufacturing company. They need to keep the production line moving. Prolonging the lifespan of games already in people’s homes by extending content doesn’t help sell new games.

Actually it does. Because if Stern just pushes out games and never finishes them, they lose future business as customers don't want to be stuck with ultimately incomplete games. If Stern updates the code on older games to finish them or finish the content, then customers buy the newest games as they feel confident even unfinished games will be finished.

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But they’ve been releasing incomplete games forever and their business keeps growing. Everyone complains about it, and then buys the next new game with even less code than the previous game.
It’s a nice theory, but the reality is everyone’s addicted to unboxing the latest game.

But most of their games get finished at some point.

#3358 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's got a fair point though.
Machines have always come incomplete since computers entered the picture. Unless you're an LE buyer, no one is making you buy the machine at launch. Some are done pretty quickly and some take forever...people just can't stop themselves from getting it day 1.

You guys are missing the point. He said something to the effect of finishing code or extending code doesn't help stern sell new games. I said that yes it does, because if they NEVER finished code, less people would buy the games. Since stern does in fact finish most of their games, people are confident in buying games brand new with incomplete code at launch since they know eventually the game will be finished.

#3458 1 year ago

Paid DLC or content addons or whatever for pinball is a terrible idea. Just because it works for the video game industry doesn't mean it will work for the pinball industry.

#3611 1 year ago

Today's stern and JJP games playfields are going to dimple. No matter what. CGC and Spooky seem to have it figured out and their PFs don't dimple or have pooling/chipping near posts. (a very small run of TNA playfields had some issues, but spooky took care of it very quickly)

#3969 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would probably order a sheet of mylar and cut to size for the ramps to cover over white decals from day one. I do believe a dirty steel ball will begin to tarnish the white reflective tape quickly. We will soon see how quickly they get marked up?

Mylar is probably not going to work well though because it will affect the projected images.

#3977 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Clear plastic mylar material is shiny. Literally every projector screen in the world is matte finish for a reason. Glossy surfaces will glare and obscure the image. A regular flat white label sticker would be exactly what you want. Someone with a Silhouette Cameo could cut these to exact dimensions on a sheet in about 3 minutes and sell them.

This. Just replace or put on new stickers when the time comes. Zero reason to use mylar, and yes mylar is going to affect the projected image differently.

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Wishful thinking but hope they stream a prem/le. Probably going to be a pro though.

#4159 1 year ago
Quoted from fnord:

I think the CNET guy must've lowered not raised the exposure. Everything looks too dark.

Which is just odd since that would make everything more sim including the projector images.

#4230 1 year ago

How about we wait to see it in its intended environment before we pass judgement and sentence it to death. Or we can just watch “experts” bicker over conjecture for 10 more pages.

#4262 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

My apologies. Instagram culture. I love filters. Here is a raw image for people that need it. ‍♂️[quoted image]

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Here’s also an unfiltered profile shot of Zach playing, and one with the filter I used.
A filter can’t add the content to the screen.
The environment plays a role obviously.
It’s a projector.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok so, this looks pretty awesome. I think the projector is going to look great based upon seeing these unfiltered iphone pics. I think people who backed out are going to end up being buyers in the end.

#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Oh My Goodness... did anyone see this video. Not good! You can't see nearly anything especially on the ramps.

Have you not seen the pictures Jack Danger posted? The projection looks fine. In fact, it looks so good at first glance I thought this was the PRO with the big sticker on the middle screen.

91a6ef853a8eb866749e33d1450f233daa496314 (resized).jpeg
#4277 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Have you ever heard of photo shop? This is a live video and you can barely see anything! Hey I'm hoping its bright but it doesn't look good in the video we all have to call a spade a spade here.

Yep you know, those photoshopped iphone pics. You know people with a good eye can spot modified iphone images right? This doesn't look like one of them.

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:They even turned the lights down for this shot.[quoted image]

That still doesn't mean that the setup was correct for it to read well on video camera...

#4292 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

“Have you heard of photoshop”
I’m still a novice to posting in here and knowing the personalities, but man some of the stuff people want to be conspiracies is hilarious.
Here’s a quick vid I recorded FROM the bright con floor just now. If you need me to record more from my phone and say your name or date or flash my Illuminati badge, let me know.

Please post another video but include today's newspaper and also use a large ring to go all the way around the pinball machine to show there are no hidden wires or strings.

#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Haha I got it. I’ll have some record me recording and posting it directly.

But then who is going to record the person recording you recording it?

#4351 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I bet if the projector was looking awesome with a super bright picture Gary would not have a problem with people taking video. Seems like he is embarrassed knowing you can barely see it. Stern might have to break down and actually buy projectors that are brighter.

No, I think what's actually happening is that people have been cancelling their orders because of Stern's big screw up here on not doing an initial stream/reveal showing the projector in the proper way, and the distributors are raising hell with Gary and Stern because of it. So now, they are trying to cover up their blunder. They should have never shown the projector at CES first. It should have been streamed in the proper environment set up to show off the projector before ever being shown at CES.

#4473 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Gary turned me into a newt!

A newt? o.O

#4476 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I got better.

HAH I was worried you would leave me hanging. :p

#4650 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It's certainly possible. The question there is wether Stern thinks it is worth the development effort to add it to existing games. I'm petty surprised also that they haven't released it yet. I bet if JJP started releasing it built in to the games, we would see it quicker.

JJP will be. They already have people testing WiFi connectivity for updating.

#4654 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah I am aware of the testing. As soon as it's a standard feature that comes with the game I think things will accelerate. Lots of cool stuff possible. Operator alerts, earnings, adjustments, remote code updates. For the home player they could have some cool stuff also. Stern has the head 2 head competitions with two games next to each other where they try to complete certain game objectives first. That could translate to online very easily.

Yea all exciting stuff. Except the online part. People cheat. So I would only ever play online with people I know don’t have the glass off. :p

#4727 1 year ago

Looks pretty damn good to me. I think a lot of people are gonna be sorry they backed out.

#4894 1 year ago

Stream running late?

#4918 1 year ago

I think it looks great

#5181 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People playing the game that i played last night will definitely walk away unimpressed. Ive never seen anything so stupid in my life. The AFM remake sitting beside it blows it away, as does the JP sitting on the other side of it. The demogargen is like a big bouncy vagina and nothing else.

It’s unfortunate that the game you play has that issue. The one I played did not and I loved the game.

1 week later
#5835 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But Cary Hardy said.....
I actually agree with you. The game is fun and the code is early. The hatred for this game is way overblown and quite bizarre.

It’s a recurring theme when one or two specific people make a podcast or whatnot, you get this huge flock of sheep that just parrot what they heard and can’t think for themselves. :p

#5906 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinside is FILLED with “podcaster shills” these days who just parrot what they hear and think we won’t notice their brilliant thoughts are just second-hand regurgitation of what someone else said on line. It’s like someone who quotes a Simpsons joke and thinks the rest of us aren’t gonna realize we know they didn’t come up with it.
Even D-list pinball podcasters are doing it now. Remember that nobody who kept calling us “pinside babies” here because we said his material sucked?

It’s a reflection of what happens with main stream media too. People just parrot what they hear over and over as much as possible. Can’t think for themselves, they just wait for the next thing they’re supposed to repeat. I’m a fan of many of the podcasts - this isn’t their fault, it’s the fault of the parrots. :p

#5923 11 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I hear podcasters talk about what they read on Pinside all the time. Maybe they are the parrots?
[quoted image]

Mind. Blown.

You may be onto something...

#5964 11 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The Star Wars hyper loop shot never worked right in the 4 or 5 prem/Le games I played on location. Frustrating to get all those rejections when you’re trying to load balls into it.

I owned an ST Premium and never had problems with hyperloop. It worked awesome, my best was 4 balls.

#5991 11 months ago

We should start a new topic? Why, so you can take a dump on that one too?

Quoted from drfrightner:

I think we should start a thread or new topic
WHAT MODS do we need on this game to bring the THEME TO LIFE since Stern totally failed at that. I can honestly say a waffle ball shooter please not a good idea. Can you imagine walking by your Stranger Things with a waffle for a ball shooter? The game is technically a horror theme NO WAFFLES! LOL
Lets make a list of mods we'd like to see:
1) Demidog
2) Police Car with blinking lights
3) Covers for the flashers (more monsters that slip over)
4) Stickers to go into the bottom of these plastic rails
5) How about one of the stars on a bike or just the stars in general
6) That giant create that walks around at the end one of those that covers a big area
7) maybe something that goes over one of the long plastic rails an iconic building from the show like was done with walking dead pinball
telephone poles, corn field, quarantine signs, quarantine guys in suits, street signs
Lets get some of this stuff going

#6013 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not going to post this in the stranger things owners thread, b/c it would seem like I'm rubbing it in which is def not my point. I still think the game is getting a worse rep (gameplay wise) than it deserves but quality wise (or lackthereof), this is really starting to get out of hand.
The poor LE guys who are going to take a bath on this game now have to deal with Sterns obvious rush job as that magnet lock shot doesn't even work. Luckily the community is so damn smart (shout out lodgingdolphin) that there appears to be a fix saving Stern's ass yet again. A distributor gets on - of course not blaming Stern in any way...but says see guys - instead of getting the pitch forks out, shit gets solved.
Really?
So stern fucks up royally but hey - no need to complain, let's work together as a team to fix their BS. Where is the outrage to the brass at stern who OBVIOUSLY rushed this thing from the people selling us these games? I'm really happy that these guys get things fixed but how is this shit going to be resolved going forward if we just keep on taking it and rely on ourselves to fix it? Would be nice if the same people taking our 9K+ appear to care about the lack of quality too instead of just overlooking it. Playfield issues? Oh you're overreacting.....BUY BUY BUY!

What’s interesting is that the mech for STH that you have to adjust to dial in the TK lock diverter appears to have been designed to be adjustable. Stern just forgot to include any details about it so you have to figure it out. But it was definitely designed to be adjustable.

#6028 11 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I can't speak for other LE owners, but my game has been perfect (other than shipping damage, which I can't blame Steen for)
My lock works great. My demo works great. I haven't adjusted one thing at all. Maybe I'm lucky...I don't know.

Now that we know the TK lock is adjustable and can be adjusted so that it works as it should, I did that on mine and my game works great now. I am enjoying my LE and look forward to even more stuff coming in code.

#6189 11 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the reveal was all playfields have UV ink on them. the disappointment was the fact that stern wants all owners to pay an additional $279 for a UV light kit (which includes a new apron and (8) playfield plastics with UV ink on them. it installs using 2 nut drivers and a screwdriver. the fact that the kit includes a new apron either indicates very poor planning on stern's part or this was part of the plan all along equaling a new low in raping the customer even more (especially the LE buyers
link for kit:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit
it's amazing how disappointing jack danger has become since becoming a stern employee. he's towing the company line so everything is rah! rah! stern now

This.

Also this:

download (resized).jpg
#6200 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What I find interesting is that UV light isn't exactly unheard of in barcades or even the new really nice gamerooms people are making. No one noticed the UV artwork?

To be honest, it's not really anything more than a bunch of swirls of UV paint all over. Like little hentai tentacles lol. So people might have seen it but not really even realized they were seeing something hidden.

#6352 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Nah, they didn't want modders to get to it before them for cheaper. This was planned, and underhanded. Sure, in the grand scheme of things it probably isn't a big deal...but after spending 9k for them to be like 'oh surprise' give us more money is pretty low.

Nobody can really mod this. You need sterns proprietary add on node board for the integration. Otherwise you just have always on UV which isn’t really the desired effect.

#6497 11 months ago

I'm an LE owner and I'm not going to buy their paid DLC-type addon. Fuck stern.

#6521 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You serious? You already got boned for 9k, what's another 300? I wouldn't want this game without this mod.

Yes I'm serious, I can afford it, that's not the issue. It's the principle. This really shows the direction of stern's continued trend in business practices, cheaper and cheaper, nickle and dime, and now this DLC-type "accessory". I also am (was) a buyer of pretty much every brand new stern that comes out NIB. I'm not going to do that anymore either, unless the pin is something really special. So realistically instead of buying 3-4 sterns per year I might only buy 1 now?

#6523 11 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Just buy pinstadiums they just announced hes been working on a uv reveal for the game at the price of sterns bullshit upgrade just buy the pinstadium light they cover the whole playfield too not just the middle and the lights aren't shining in your face

It's not that simple. Pinstadiums aren't going to be interactive with the pin and code. They are just going to be "always on" or maybe tie into a flasher at best. Completely different.

#6526 11 months ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I connected my pinstadium to my shaker motor and the UV hits at all the right times. I would speculate that you could tap the pinstadium into whatever wiring initiates that mode. Maybe..

The shaker isn't running the entire time you're in upside down mode, etc.

#6531 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol I'm just messing with ya dude.

Dammit I should have known. :p

#6534 11 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

[quoted image]

I don't really get what this means. :p

#6563 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think Scott figured it out and it will be way cheaper than sterns kit. Won’t get the plastics obviously and the will mount different, so you’ll have to weigh that in your decision.

I'd be super curious to see how much integration there is since stern's kit included a proprietary mini node board for this. Hopefully we get details soon.

#6571 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nice.. right there on existing Node9 board. Unless Stern has rolled out some sort of software key mech... Guess knock-offs of this feature will be a piece of cake.

Yep just saw that too, CN13 on node board 9.

#6574 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

CN14 - but yes.. looks like 2 LED drivers .. should be plenty for someone to simply 'follow' that and map to their own work.

Ah yes sorry CN14

#6731 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Probably a hidden feature they haven't revealed yet.
sorry..couldn't resist.

He didn’t pay for it, so that can’t be it.

#6877 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how have stern screwed anyone? Nobody bought this game without seeing it. Nobody has to buy the kit. What if they had never_ came out with the kit? This is something that they have added. I'm struggling with this. The game plays the same!

People were saying the game was missing something - lighting, etc, to differentiate certain modes, the upside down, etc. Stern said code was coming, more being added, things like that, alluding to the concerns being addressed. So we all sat and waited for code updates to address these specific concerns. Stern told a half truth, yea code was coming to add what was missing - but you gotta buy a $279 light kit to actually take advantage of it.

So the moral of the story is, don’t buy new in box sterns. Because more often than not these days stern is gonna bend you over.

#6988 11 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

So Stern was well aware of the dimpling rioting in the streets to the point where Steve Ritchie makes a video saying it's common and to STFU... and then Stern makes a conscious decision to use thinner gauge ramp flaps that would create even more dimples on a 2nd type of surface???
Are they trying to blend in the PF dimples with ramp flap dimples? What's next, Play-Doh ramps?

Exactly. And yet companies like spooky and CGC can make playfields that don’t dimple. My brand new MMr has not a single dimple in spite of many air balls.

#7000 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Every CGC and Spooky game I've ever seen has plenty of dimples in them.

I've got over 1000 games on my AFMr and there isn't a single dimple to be seen. And after 400 games the rick and morty on route in madison has zero dimples as well. If some CGC games are dimpling I'm not sure why some are and some aren't.

#7016 11 months ago
Quoted from kpg:

Crazy !! I wonder why there is so much variance. Oh well.

My thought as well, that is a crazy variance even within a single manufacturer. I stand corrected, but wow why such drastic differences!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside