IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1098 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just sent him a text and didnt get a reply. He's probably out riding his bike thru the neighborhood pretending to be Will.

Nah, im going with singing never ending story over walkie talkies.

#1721 4 years ago

Per Kman feature matrix for LE

4D8E3A66-6D6B-4C8D-9F0B-8E5AFBED616B (resized).png4D8E3A66-6D6B-4C8D-9F0B-8E5AFBED616B (resized).png
#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

New Carl Hardy impressions video is up, good watch. "Pro is the way to go".

I haven’t watched any of his stuff but see it plastered everywhere. Why the hell does he have the same picture of his face on every still preview image?

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Happy to be getting back into Pinball and getting a Pro. Absolute fan of the show and very pleased with Stern's offering for this theme.
Also happy with the audio route they have chosen, but I'm sure I'll be adding some 80's music into my game for sure

SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT PLEASE!

#2463 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s terrible. Not sure why it was brought up as a great game. Weird.

When was the last time you played it? it was very rough to start but is a fantastic game now. The stock audio isnt great but the rule set is, and with clelands sound mod it a really really good game.

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not sure how it can be done without a gobble hole but maybe the opto beam break works the same on Stranger Things to progress?

I was rewatching the stream a little today cause I didn’t get to pay close attention the other night, but someone asked if their if dirty pool is possible and they all laughed and said they weren’t going to give away everything in the stream and people would have to find out themselves. The way they talked about seemed like it was something that was going to be implemented in the code but isn’t there yet.

#2710 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I hope the lighting effects on the pre/Le are much more interesting and impressive during the under world.

There is definitely need for light show improvement. I wanted to see all the lights flicker randomly they way they do in the Byers house before the demigorgan shows up. Hopefully they put something like this into the game, would be perfect for upside down mode.

#2736 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely need better lighting for the upside down. The initial change in the game and music is great but I hope the projector does a good job of showing the ash everywhere.
Also I’m not thrilled with the upside down being random. Would be cool if it was punishment for doing poorly in modes and you have to hit shots unlike the mode you’re in to get back out.
Definitely need to be able to kill the demogorgon via hits alone and not require the mouth shot. It’s a 1 in 20 at best shot.
I will have to see where this game is at in a few months too. I’m sure some of this is already in the works.

Better light show is a must. Hopefully they can pull Tim Sexton in on it, he seems to do a great job of this.

Pretty sure they already have the demogorgon shot do that in the code they were streaming, when Jack got to him the first time he hit the side of him and the animation on screen showed him acting like he was getting hit, and Jack asked if he got points for hitting him and not a mouth shot and they said yes.

Im undecided on the upside down mode, i liked what i saw but wont beable to say one way or another until i can play one.

#2767 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I just went back and binge watched season 1 and 2 of stranger things.. so good and I hope code updates really add a ton more in the future.

Im re-watching both right now myself after seeing some of the stream to refresh my memory. I remember thinking season 2 was terrible when i first watched, but after a re-watch (and watching right after finishing season 1) i think its really good now.

#2784 4 years ago

did the ops who have these say they have .62 on them? just looked at sterns website and it appears .64 is up as of today.

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

No read me is up yet.

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well...that means it comes up too often. That is basically the end game shot. It shouldn't be coming up that often, and shouldn't be possible every time you play the game. To me that screams how shallow this game really is... I do agree that if it is using 'hit points' then just hitting it should register as damage and score, maybe with a diminishing timer score to get it in the mouth.

That shot is basically the equivalency to the final shot to destroy a castle on MM. Did you watch any of the stream of the game?

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So .64 seems to be what they streamed. Hits register on the demogorgon and I’m seeing all the animations that were shown in the stream.
I’m sure tips to adjust the demogorgon head will come out soon enough, just didn’t want to take apart a game that didn’t belong to me. I’ll let our OP deal with it. Haha

Thats good to hear, thanks for letting everyone know. Curious to watch this game unfold with future updates.

1 month later
#6616 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's good! At this time I only see the one kit listed on Stern's site. I can see a pro and UV light kit making for a fun complete game. Will have to keep an eye on HUO prices.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit

Says in the item description "Available in Pro Version (item # 502-7118-Q1) and Premium/LE Version (item # 502-7118-Q2)" and their is a drop down menu under the video to pick what version you need.

#7051 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO!
Had no idea this exact moronic conversation has been going on at least 15 years. It hits all the exact same beats that get thrown out here 100 times a week now. "My new Stern is dimpling...all bally williams games dimpled too...no they didn't stern is cheaping out...yes they did a steel ball is harder than wood yada yada yada."
The best post would be right at home here in 2020..."What is Stern making these pf's out of, balsa?"
Well, I hope Derek didn't take too much of a "dimple hit" when he sold his NASCAR. Kind of surprised though he usually sold his games before 100 plays back then.

That thread is exempt cause it has carguments in it lol. That was a good read thinks for the link.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=dr-willy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.