IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6011 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not going to post this in the stranger things owners thread, b/c it would seem like I'm rubbing it in which is def not my point. I still think the game is getting a worse rep (gameplay wise) than it deserves but quality wise (or lackthereof), this is really starting to get out of hand.
The poor LE guys who are going to take a bath on this game now have to deal with Sterns obvious rush job as that magnet lock shot doesn't even work. Luckily the community is so damn smart (shout out lodgingdolphin) that there appears to be a fix saving Stern's ass yet again. A distributor gets on - of course not blaming Stern in any way...but says see guys - instead of getting the pitch forks out, shit gets solved.
Really?
So stern fucks up royally but hey - no need to complain, let's work together as a team to fix their BS. Where is the outrage to the brass at stern who OBVIOUSLY rushed this thing from the people selling us these games? I'm really happy that these guys get things fixed but how is this shit going to be resolved going forward if we just keep on taking it and rely on ourselves to fix it? Would be nice if the same people taking our 9K+ appear to care about the lack of quality too instead of just overlooking it. Playfield issues? Oh you're overreacting.....BUY BUY BUY!

All true. BUT...I bought an LE because it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. (Pinside seems to almost always be wrong on this stuff...remember when Munsters was greeted with such enthusiasm? The initial reaction on this site seems to be almost entirely the opposite of what people think a year after the game is released.)

I liken this game to my GOT LE. I had that AWFUL orbit issue that I spent hours trying to tweak by ripping apart the playfield. At the end of the day, it was a 5 minute fix drilling out the mount for the diverter and pushing it a few millimeters forward. This fix for SThLE seems to be the same thing: A quick fix for a game that has the potential to turn out great like GOT did.

If I'm wrong, then fuck it. I bought a game that I'll enjoy for a year or two, take a bath on, and move on to something else. You can't win 'em all.

#6302 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After kicking ass on two of the greatest fun games ever tonight and still UPDATING.....
Yes that's JPLE and ElviraLE. LOL . Seriously, several thousand people get it but.....
You dopes figure it out because I'm LMAO
Where are the crybaby pictures?
This is just another great game and the handful of numb nuts will never figure it out!

I can't stop playing it, first of all because it's such a cool game, but mostly because it keeps kicking my ass. New code update is fantastic and it's STILL early code. And my JPLE sits lonely on the other side of the room waiting for me to return (and that game is a masterpiece, IMHO).

#6321 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow just shaking my head at the suckers on this website who will defend stern to the end. Fucking embarrassing. They are now charging for GI effects that were literally printed into the Pf from day 1 and these dummies are saying it’s just like an aftermarket mod.
HOLY shit - it’s unbelievable. I wouldn’t even waste one breath trying to explain to these shills - just remembering the names of the mindless army who just can’t wait to take it next from Gary. It’s like stern somehow took away their common sense. I’m waiting for our favorite distributor to start promoting this feature too - lets just complete the loop. BUY BUY BUY!

Here's my deal: I bought an LE. I was scared shitless by the people dissing the game (the pro, which I don't think is the same experience at all), and I was going to cancel my order. I'm glad I didn't. This game is really a shit ton of fun, especially if you're a fan of the show, and it'll only get better with code improvements. Yes...there are mechanical/leveling things that need to be tweaked, but I've had to do that on the last few games I bought (only MBLE required no tweaks at all).

As for the UV, yes...it's dirty pool. Big time. I'm pissed off about having to spend the extra money for something that should have been included. But now that you know it's there, how do you not get it? That's what they were planning on. So I got it.

But I'll tell you this: barring a full-featured Led Zeppelin game that could conceivably sucker me back into the NIB ass-reaming, I'm done with Stern (and pretty much everyone else) for 2020.

Both sides of the arguments are actually correct in this thread. The game is a ripoff. But it's also a freaking blast. (And I've got it sitting next to JPLE, too, which is taking a rest right now...)

#6708 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'll pick this up used when someone already has spent the extra money and time to install it, and ill be able to get the thing for $7400-7500 in a few months. This kind of tactic will simply hurt NIB sales over time.
That way the code is matured, game is cheaper, and the original owner forks up the cash for the trickle of withheld parts Stern will sell a few weeks/months after the game ships.

Quoted from aingide:

Yep, I'm looking forward to picking up a loaded LE for $6300 in two years.
It'll have finished code, someone else will have done all the work dialing it in and installing accessories, and I'll save a shitload of money.

Note to self: Don't sell to these cheap bastards.

#6836 4 years ago

Brick and Mortar is streaming on Twitch right now and nobody seems to be able to really get anything going on it (except Charlie). To me, the cartoon is super annoying, and the game is, too. I'm really happy for Spooky because those guys are really some of the nicest guys in the hobby...

...but I'm really glad I got STh, no matter what Corneda says. Let's be honest...does his opinion really matter when he bought a Magic Girl and touted Wonka as the GOAT?

Excited for my UV kit coming Tuesday...

#6840 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Anyone hyping STH with all it's stuff that doesn't work consistantly, and in the same breath making fun of R&M are only showing their shilling. I can understand not liking the theme itself, but the gameplay looks way better than STH. Additionally, considering how you berated people who hadn't played STH for saying it looked boring, and then you turn around and do the same thing? Yea....

Not really where I was going with that. I said the cartoon is super annoying TO ME, and for that reason the game is too. And it didn't seem like anyone could get anything going. I can't get anything going on my STh either but that's also a hard game.

I own a TNA and as I said I love the guys at Spooky. They sold out of this game already so any negativity wont have an effect on their sales.

I forgot I have to spell things out when I post on Pinside. Especially for Rarehero.

#6899 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Did you order off of Stern’s site? Is it shipping that quick?

Yes and yes. I was surprised they were getting them out that quickly as well. I got the premium/LE package, so I can't speak to the speed of the pro kits shipping.

#6918 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you go direct from stern? I bought from Trent and he had no clue when they’d ship. Haha

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Ok, good to know. I was going to wait, but if they are shipping this quickly, I might have to dive in

Yes...I got it direct from Stern. Arriving Tuesday. Oh...I also ordered a shirt so they probably just ship stuff first to people who give them more money.

#6986 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

My pro has its share of dimples, but it's just physics; the ball flies off the drops violently some time; smacks the glass and then the playfield....I could give two craps though; as I continue to play the hell out of it and my JP2 gathers dust...I love JP2; but everytime I go into my game room; I go right to Stranger Things.

Thank God...I thought it was just me. My SThLE sits right next to JPLE (which I think is a masterpiece). There's something about the projection mapping, the music and sounds, and the gameplay (once the machine is dialed in) that keep drawing me back to STh.

Once the UV kit goes in this week, I'm afraid my wife won't see me for a week.

Just. One. More. Game...

3 weeks later
#7121 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Brought my Premium home yesterday and played for hours. I just wanted to make a positive post about this game because I have done a total 180 on this one. When I saw the playfield images and early gameplay, I was underwhelmed. Then came the LE's with the horrible pictures at CES. I thought man, how could they let this happen? I listened to Eddy and Mike talk about the game on podcasts and how excited they were, but felt they were trying to save a sinking ship. Then I got sucked into the negative threads and podcasts regarding the game. Then I had the opportunity to play someone's LE at their house in a normal lit room. Wow! The projector was awesome. Great images and unique coding. Killed the Demogorgon in one shot. Locked 3 balls to start multiball on the wall...just wow! Was so excited I texted Zach at flip n out pinball and got a show deal at LAX. Then got the notice that Stern was going to install the UV kit right before the show started. Still had to pay for it, but got a free and professional install. Played it at the show and the UV kit rocked in all light settings. Brought it home yesterday and both kids (14 and 15) hit the Demogorgon in the mouth. Super fast game (I cleaned and waxed it when got home) with amazing flow. At home with the subwoofer I am now really getting into the sound of the game. I am totally happy with my purchase. I can't believe how much I played it yesterday. Just kept hitting start. Listened to Brian Eddy's seminar at LAX and I truly believe him when he says there is much more to come in coding, assets, callouts, and rule tweaks. The projector is legit. And Brian said that they made ramp fixes after the first 100 games showed issues. All premiums at LAX played without issue. I was able to lock balls and kill Demogorgon on all of them. I expect a ton of positive hype to start pouring out on this game once people play it for themselves, instead of relying on pictures, negative posters and podcasters like I did. Give it a chance! This is how you do a world under glass with the ball lock, Demogorgon, projector, and UV lighting. All I can say is, wow!

This guy gets it. How refreshing it is to hear somebody on Pinside who's man enough to admit when he misjudged a game. My hat is off to you, sir...

...although I don't really wear hats because it makes me look like even more of a dick.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.