IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Please don’t attack me or the information I was given. I’ve never attacked you or anyone on this forum. I’ve spent $3M with this distributor this decade. I’m an amusements operator. They have no reason to lie to me. I stated what I was told.

Of the 3M you spent with this distributor did you get any games? Is this Madeoff Pinball Inc and associates?

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m not attacking you. I’m correcting your misinformation. Facts matter. Correcting incorrect information does not constitute an attack.
One more time if you still don’t understand:
STERN ISN’T MAKING MMR.
PERIOD.

So is Spooky making it now? Lol

#1090 4 years ago

At least there won’t be any Pinstadium adds for this game.... just Lightening the mood.

#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So what is the fallout from the leak of that video? Clearly Stern wasn’t happy about the leak and requested it get shut down on YouTube (which it has). How did the actual release video get leaked to begin with? Yes we all know Chris posted it first but how did he get his hands on it? That wasn’t the usual shitty grainy cell phone captures from the webinar it was the legit teaser video. How much hell broke loose at stern marketing department?

No question or doubt that video was handed to him for this purpose from Stern. Come on simple viral marketing.

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yellowbird posted that he thinks Stern gave Kaneda the video to help with marketing? Ahhh there is NO WAY in HELL that happened. I doubt very seriously Gary Stern likes Kaneda. Furthermore why would Stern want someone they're not found of, won't let anyone from their company do a podcast with him, upstaging their reveal of the game? That makes NO sense!
It could have happened in a 100 different ways. Just prior to the release of the new Star Wars movie the script was leaked. North Korea hacked Sony and revealed all kinds of nasty things about their execs. People hacked Jennifer Lawrence phone and posted nude photos of her... I'm pretty sure she didn't share those. Point being we live in a World where almost anything can be hacked. Someone got a hold of that video and shared it with Kaneda because they knew he would post it... there is NO WAY anyone working at Stern would risk their JOB to help someone Gary Stern probably hates.
Stern is to blame for the hack, leak or whatever, they need to do a better job in the future, blaming anyone specific is ridiculous.

Come on DrFUD you can’t seriously believe what your saying right? Your examples are literally comical. Jennifer L nudes? Corporate hacks?? They were not Selling a product completely a different and illegal story. If Kman releases nude pics of Gary (just threw up in my mouth) or his bank statement I’ll buy your made up theory but this was a marketing play start to finish. Not saying a bad one just not a surprise. He miraculously leaks every new game not buying it. They give the “bad boy” of the industry the bait with the guarantee he gets massive following and growth and in return the product seller gets Everyone talking about them and this product assuming a crazy hack conspiracy. Lol. in my opinion this viral strategy is rather genius as they can deny everything while getting Free Pre-sale market interest/evaluation Prior to publishing a price point! Smart.

#2173 4 years ago

Sad to say it but after that gameplay I can kind of see why they rushed this through for irrational purchases. Just a shame with such an amazing license. Almost looked like a MM with a picture of the castle on a plate? Can’t believe I’m saying this but Iron Maiden is starting to look like a masterpiece compared to this. Had to sadly cancel out on the LE.

#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wanna buy mine Yelo........?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1509832829325245/permalink/2169522460022942?sale_post_id=2169522460022942&sfns=mo
Although thinking I should keep it now. Just had a brilliant game on it after watching the STh stream. Chalk and cheese.

Sincerely appreciate the offer, looks like a nice game but I suspect transportation would be crazy compared to simply getting one local. GLWS

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have a LE reserved and will decide to take delivery of it after I see some Prem/LE videos.
My main concerns:
1) Lonnie being the main coder. When's the last time he coded a great game?
2) Fan layout. Very much like AFM, but those layouts in my opinion do not hold well long term in a home use environment
3) Projector. Based on the Stern trailer, and even thinking about how projection looks, this is going to be very questionable. Projectors need very little ambient light to give a good picture. Dark room or not, the playfield/backglass/LCD are going to light that whole thing up. I predict many people will be disappointed with the projection quality being washed out. Just watch the trailer and especially the ramps, clearly the person playing is in a total black room. The ramps and everything looks very washed out. Picture it in a lineup in a dark room with all your other pins.
This game could have also been a great candidate for using the mag-slings like they did in Ghostbusters. Imagine during Telekenisis multiball having magnets flinging everything around, even something like how Dialed In does it.
Love the theme and am hoping I'm wrong.

You do realize None of your listed concerns will be erased with a Prem/LE video so why are you still interested? Such a confusing justification.

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine is always missing high. But I’m taking it to our local bar today so I don’t have time to mess with it as it’s not mine. I’ll have to wait for my LE and see then. I’m sure fixes will be out there by then.

Don’t have a game here but curious if this might be a simple fix. The screen is a simple bowed metal shape is it possible some are simply bowed a bit to much? Seems like if its shooting high you would need to carefully bend the center bow up to reduce lift. Guessing but I would think they used half hard stainless which will take and hold a forced bend. I would say just a 1/4” or so less bow in that ramp would dial it into ball swallowing position.

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If it were bowed significantly, the hinge points would likely be binding and causing problems...

Huh? It’s hinged from the bottom. Didn’t say to mess with the hinges. The door(ramp) is bowed which dictates the trajectory of the ball travel. Simply reduce the bow across the center. (Left to right)

#2956 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I mentioned this as a potential fix like 10 posts up. People just want to pinside petey the hell out of everything instead of actually solving their problems. This forum is cancerous.

Sorry didn’t see it was simply trying to help. Rather simple fix and as it is a critical shot for the games enjoyment thought it would be of interest. Or not....

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Where's that new QA guy?!

He’s in the R&M thread waiting for his number.

#3885 4 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

A pejorative was slung my way,

I hate when people swing their pejorative at me! Totally not cool! Lol

#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please dude just stop!! This is a Stranger Things pinball thread, not the Stern playfields suck thread.

Come on man! I want to hear how clear prevents dimpling!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.