IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I walked around the house all weekend depressed.(My wife kept telling me-it's just pinball) I have been chopping at the bit for Scott's next game that has been in the works for two years. I was really disappointed by the choice of theme, and it crushed my dreams. I do not watch adult cartoons and really do not see myself getting into it-as much as I really want to. Trying to shift my focus elsewhere-ie. Stranger Things. I also got a glimmer of hope for Led Zeppelin not being a re-skin, that really got my juices flowing. So many epic games coming out I really need to figure out what is good for me. Need to start thinning the herd or saving up-lots of good stuff on the horizon. Again-I really am excited to see what Eddy came up with-so excited!

sorry to hear that you had your hopes up for Scott D game 2 but the theme did not deliver for you. I can imagine that is a bummer.
I hope stranger things works out for you. Always fun if you can have a game where it all comes together along with a theme.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not watch adult cartoons and really do not see myself getting into it-as much as I really want to.

also, I would suggest giving it an open mind and binging your way through season 1.

For the personal investment you appear to have in wanting to like the theme for Scott D game 2, it would be only ~4.5hrs of your time in total to watch them. (they are like 20ish min).

I understand that you think of them as adult cartoons, but you are a smart dude and a nerd. R&M typically vibes with guys like us if you give it a chance.
There have already been quite a few people in the main R&M thread that appear to have done a similar thing and now are excited for the game.

If you like seaon 1 then you will love season 2, 3, and likely 4 (I have not seen any of 4 yet )

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just not into adult cartoons-even when the humor is there. Not sure what it is but adult cartoons do nothing for me. I actually was surprised to see you get into it- I know you are not into TV. I also know that you would be willing to overlook to support Spooky-which is cool.

I honestly have never been into theme. It does not really matter what themes are for me, because I never thought something I liked would ever make it to a pinball, lol.

I have always liked cartoons. We rarely watch TV, but I have seen every episode of simpsons, Futurama, Family guy, Enchanted, Bob's Burgers...
I find that I really like character development, wit, and dumb immature jokes all sprinkled in.
Wife and I also really like Shameless which is real people but fits the same bill for us.

If you want me to mail you season 1 of R&M on DVD, I would be happy to. Give it an honest chance (like I said, only 4 hours total and at 22min an episode, you could easily watch in 2 weeks with little effort)

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from kia85:

This is my creation: just an home made pleayfield[quoted image]

wait a min! you forgot to answer the more important question!

is you name Pete?

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

He said there is a lot of good and a lot of bad. Something to that effect.

So in other words, he has not seen shit and just acts like it per usual. Lol

#250 4 years ago

10am today?

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I wonder if they throw this on the back burner/delay...and release Lez Zeppelin QS redux as a kind of "sacrificial lamb" to fill the release void after Rick and Morty.
If they're smart, they would put on the brakes and hold back ST for a softer release environment.
Announce ST in Feb or even just before TPF and demo it there. If they make that smart marketing move, I bet they get more sales and you would even see some Rick & Morty spots go up for sale.
A lot of ST money just got thrown at Rick & Morty IMO.

Really? I think there is still plenty of end of year money on the table and lots of people that did not jump on R&M.

I think Stranger and R&M are pretty different demos.

Seems like perfect timing to release the next cornerstone game. I think plenty of people have been sitting on the sidelines (EV was premium only price, R&M is premium game).

Lots of Pro buyers ready for the holiday game purchase.

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

[quoted image]

can't say I blame you

collection (resized).JPGcollection (resized).JPG
#472 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

[quoted image]

just teasin!

Welcome to the addiction.
Once you have 2 it gets cheaper as they start to breed. Feeding them can get expensive

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Rick and Morty who... glad I held off to see what Brian eddy wld bring us..... boom. Innovation

Lol. Innovation from 1999

Cool but far from innovation.

#1008 4 years ago

So the screen thing is only the prem/le, correct?

Hoping so

#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is this an actual leak? Hard to imagine Stern gave this to Kaneda on purpose, isn’t it? Or was this a peace offering?

Stern knows how to “leak” stuff very well.
He is but a pawn in their game.

#1020 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see how pisstadium markets a new product for this game.

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I am really glad Eddy is back. I loved the Stranger Things show and thought the latest season was the worst. This theme to me does not translate well for pinball in my opinion. Although I will not judge until playing it, I feel this game will end up in the leagues of The Shadow once the dust settles. It will be a "flash in the pan" theme that's hot "now" and will slowly fade away into pinball oblivion as time goes on. It's saving grace will be gameplay and code which will be coming soon. It looks like the Pro will be a stripped barren wasteland like BKSOR of which the Premium/LE is the only way to go.

I hope it is like BKSOR as the pro is the only game worth playing of the two IMHO

Pro on this could also be a much better shooter

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I look forward to playing this! Hoping our awesome local operators get one!

Me to! Always fun to play new stuff.

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Time to nail down a good acronym. ST is taken in more ways the one. Maybe SST?

Taken. StarShipTroopers

#1341 4 years ago

I am excited to see this IRL.

With the 'leak' happening, I am surprised we have not gotten the real deal today.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No one has played or really seen eaither... plus does it really matter? One is sold out and other will be ready to purchase soon. We have 2 new pins with good current themes and that's what matters imo.

AND, actual assets!

that is great!

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Stern games are better overall.
The day someone asks me to see my subwoofer, I'll know the tide is turning, though.

You have to be joking?

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yellowbird posted that he thinks Stern gave Kaneda the video to help with marketing? Ahhh there is NO WAY in HELL that happened. I doubt very seriously Gary Stern likes Kaneda. Furthermore why would Stern want someone they're not found of, won't let anyone from their company do a podcast with him, upstaging their reveal of the game? That makes NO sense!
It could have happened in a 100 different ways. Just prior to the release of the new Star Wars movie the script was leaked. North Korea hacked Sony and revealed all kinds of nasty things about their execs. People hacked Jennifer Lawrence phone and posted nude photos of her... I'm pretty sure she didn't share those. Point being we live in a World where almost anything can be hacked. Someone got a hold of that video and shared it with Kaneda because they knew he would post it... there is NO WAY anyone working at Stern would risk their JOB to help someone Gary Stern probably hates.
Stern is to blame for the hack, leak or whatever, they need to do a better job in the future, blaming anyone specific is ridiculous.

Stern is really smart with their marketing. They also likely have stipulations on when exactly things can be shown.
K is a pawn in their game. Super easy to 'anonymously' make sure it gets in his hands; knowing he will run with it right away.

This allowed them to draw out the hype and marketing and still meet all obligations of contract ('oops, someone leaked it/ we got hacked/ our bad)

With Franchi being gone, it appears he was the previous leak (things not being leaked like they use to)
This time around it is quite a different style of 'leak' as this seems very intentional.

Either way... it is Monday. Do we get to see an actual release today?

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This seems odd that they'd release a title officially while people are off work, or going on vacation very shortly. And who is working at Stern right now?
CES is January 7th, so I wonder if this will be held until after the new year.

I thought they have had similar timing before around July 4th, labor day, memorial day?

Seems perfect to have people talking about your game over the extended week. I actually love it.
Give more content each day like presents.

I hope we get some more R&M content also this week.

#1787 4 years ago

Looks pretty cool.

Hope to play one at some point.

#1861 4 years ago

2 for 1 special if you bring a dog.

Happy holidays!

AE646D5B-DCE6-46B8-A881-A0FC81B6BBD2 (resized).jpegAE646D5B-DCE6-46B8-A881-A0FC81B6BBD2 (resized).jpeg
#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

First game on location ? My Parents Basement in Atlanta Metro![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe. Set this one up about two hours ago Busy playing. Fast and fun is first impression.

4B2CFAB0-27D8-4BB9-89DA-30DD3C496A70 (resized).jpeg4B2CFAB0-27D8-4BB9-89DA-30DD3C496A70 (resized).jpeg70087FBF-F093-4D84-8E4A-B6EAC0C1D2B6 (resized).jpeg70087FBF-F093-4D84-8E4A-B6EAC0C1D2B6 (resized).jpegD6E35F90-7321-46F5-8D51-4AA103E33636 (resized).jpegD6E35F90-7321-46F5-8D51-4AA103E33636 (resized).jpegF6BBA748-5D43-4BE8-A1C9-4EE872C66750 (resized).jpegF6BBA748-5D43-4BE8-A1C9-4EE872C66750 (resized).jpeg
#1990 4 years ago

Not a bad score. Game shoots like you would think for fan layout and designer.

Good stuff

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hilton how hard is it to hit the Plant Vagina-ummmm I mean Demogorgan in the hole?

It is a bit odd for a toy TBT.

Shot is a flat ramp when down which basically means you can launch the ball all over the place, lol.

The labia kind of help direct it into the hole.

I dont know this show but I assume you really want to shove your balls in it to kill it?

Game is very much AFM esque but IMHO the shots are more fun/flow (no vuk pause and I really like the left orbit to right ramp return. Also the inside loop (just to left of the right ramp) is fun.

The drop targets being up the middle are a cool risk/in your face. They are going to take a pounding.

The only shot that is odd is the far left dead end. It kicks up to the drop targets form that shot. Not sure exactly where it is supposed to target. Seems odd, but whatevs. fun to shoot

#2466 4 years ago

I thought Tim was responsible for fixing that one?

#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

was gonna send you help until you reported/tattled on me. LOL

Wait, but was it Tim or not?

#2513 4 years ago

After probably 20 game on it. It has some fun shots and is a good Eddy fan layout.
The demon thing is pretty tough to hit. Game currently at 7.2 degrees. I may need to change that down a bit?
Either way the tolerance for that shot is very tight/tough. Wish the actual sculpt had a secondary switch to resister shots that dont make it in the hole.
Would be much better if the game could register 'damage' and kill shots. Esp because the code often locks you out of other things when trying to defeat this one shot. This was a miss IMHO. a single leaf switch would have made this much more engaging from a play perspective.

If Lonny and code team is reading, please advise on best game angle for this shot.
Please also devise a bail out shot in code since the game lacks a switch to register hits that done go in.

I have never seen the show but was playing a bunch with a buddy that has and he says the show stuff is pretty cool already but not super deep (I assume more will come over time)

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

On the stream they said indirect hits that don’t go in are in fact registered and even give points.

Hmmm. Will need to take a look. I did not see that but also did not pull apart game to see what/where the switch would even be. That would be cool if so, but also sad if that is already broken.

#2531 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Here from deadflip stream, you can actually see there is even an animation for hitting the demigorgen and it awards points, and then after he asks if he gets points for smacking it and they say yes you do.
https://clips.twitch.tv/EnticingKathishDumplingsFailFish

Interesting. Will have to examine.

This is a time where I really wish we had stern on here to confirm and explain where this switch is and where it is located

#2532 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In the code that on our game, nothing registers unless it goes in the mouth.

Also, same

#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Currently the mode never times out. So unless you hit it in the mouth it keeps running. So borderline impossible to get pass 2-3 of the demogorgon modes. Hopefully the new code allows the bashes to complete the mode too but make it worth less and harder to kill. Mouth is insta kill.

yes!

Also, if anyone has a chance to identify where the switch is to register the hits (but not hole shot) then please let me know.

Our game is on route and would be nice to know before I head down to look.

#2680 4 years ago

in regards to hits to the demagagon (sp?) that hit it but do not go in the hole, there is no switch on the mech.

There is an opto which can register but the ball would need to fall straight down in front of the molded toy scuplt (which is rarely does)

In other words, Lonnie and crew, please ensure a bail out shot so people dont get locked in to that mode.

#2779 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's the game at I/O bar in Madison that Hilton has referenced in this thread. He's really good at setting up and adjusting games so I doubt it is an operator issue.

Thanks Mike.

I have tried all pitches now between 6.5 and 7.5
Nothing improves the shot. 7.2 seems best for all other play so that is what I am currently doing.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The key here is no location games will register hits to the demogorgon. Once the new code drops and we can hit the demogorgon for damage I think it will be much better.
But fully agree that the all or nothing mouth shot is ridiculously hard.

I actually spent some time looking. The only “bail out “ switch to register a missed shot (one that hits the sculpture but does not go in the hole) is and opto located directly in front of the demigorgon. In other words, it is pretty much useless for the majority of shots which are going to go high and not miss into the opto beam.

I hope they can do something in code as currently it is the fatal flaw of the game.

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

I don’t think the bash toy has any actual impact switches. This is one thing I wish was added as it is so difficult to hit the effing mouth. Would have been cool if 1 mouth opto shot =instant demo death or 3 switch activated bashes =demo death

amazing how pretty much every person that plays will come to this same conclusion, but yet they somehow did not design this into the game.

This is why any and every company needs some actual beta testers (besides the Stern employees of top 25 IFPA dudes that always think tough = good; they loose sight of reality for the majority of player it often seems)

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re wrong. Haha. Update the code.

Please show me the switch on your game.

Ours has none. There is an opto in front of the bash toy that the ball call fall in front of. Nothing to register a bash.

#3024 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Seriously how hard is this? (sorry Keith
DISASTEROPOLIS
DISASTER SQUAD
DISASTER FORCE
DISASTER CITY
DISASTER MASTER
UNLICENSED SIM CITY PIN

Armageddon would have been best. The culmination of all the disaster pins.

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

I had a similar issue and it was the one-way gate just to the left of the demogorgon. It came loose on one end and actually jammed the center ramp mech too.

Same. Appears that gate was cut too short on the end that goes through the bracket.

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That said, Stern’s coding over the last few years has been nothing short of absolutely spectacular.

This is sarcasm, correct?

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

It's got to be a setup issue

If it is a setup issue then then need to get the QC in check. Seems to be a wide spectrum. I have played three now and all three are similarly on the tough side of the spectrum.

#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

My machine was exhibiting the Demogorgon shot issue that has been talked about here. I took some slow motion videos with my phone and it turned out the ball was coming in consistently low and then bouncing around. To fix this I placed some shims (a pop bumper fiber yolk broke in half) under each of the assembly’s feet. See pics for reference. This effectively steepened the ramp, which worked like a charm on my machine. I did have to relocate the ramp-down-position switch, because otherwise the ramp would stop about a 1/4” above the playfield surface. I hit four consecutive Demogorgon shots in row after the adjustment. Hope this helps someone if they’re experiencing similar issues. Cheers.[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks very much for sharing.

I need to get a buddy and glass off along with slo-mo camera running to figure out if ours is going high or low and then tweak.

Based on regular vision, I think ours is going high. I am not sure how to make that adjustment easily. May need to fabricate a shorter bracket? or would be better to raise the sculpture with shims likely.

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

There is a little hex spacer under the Demo that sits on a ball gate. I heard a recommendation to the shim that up so he tilts back just a bit more and see if it creates the clearance to get the ball in instead of hitting the top of the hole or his head.

thanks for the tip.

I will look at it more extensively.

Heard form one of our regulars and he said he had no problem hitting the hole; so possibly the game is slowing down a bit and not the ball speed is right to make the correct jump height.

I think the bigger solution is we need a better/ new sculpt. Hoping a modder can make it happen.

#3735 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My TNA has plenty of dimples, chipped post, and it also is planking

what?

Did you get one of the bad PFs in middle run?

I have not seen any planking. Let's see pictures of this.

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I believe it was one from middle run. I purchased from Suli and received an extra playfield for the defects. My point is-it is not just Stern having these issues.

I think your point actually shows that is is just Stern.

Spooky had a handful of games mid-run of TNA where one person/thing seemed to go off protocol. They have since corrected (and glad they also gave you a spare pf! great service)

Both early run and late run TNA and all ACNC seem to have the best pfs in the industry. I assume that will continue to R&M.
Pic of TNA with thousands of plays below.

Super nice stuff

04DAFC85-0952-40C3-8252-6F32177FA187 (resized).jpeg04DAFC85-0952-40C3-8252-6F32177FA187 (resized).jpeg
#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, hope that is a one off as never seen that before.

appears to be thinner gauge spring steel than what it used to be

#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Sometimes Pro is the way to go and sometimes the upgrades on Premium/LE are worth it.

I personally am yet to find a premium that beats the game play of the pro. JP2 would be closest but the Dino mech seems prone to issues and not worth it. The elec gate is the best add on but not worth the price point for just that

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Totally preferential but...
Lots-Ghostbusters, Avengers, X-MEN, JP, SW, TF, WD, DP, RS, the list goes on.

yeah, to each their own

Was just sharing that for me I find the pro to typically be the better player, less issues (less mechs so makes sense), and am yet to find a premium that makes sense.

I have even bought a few premiums but then upgraded to the Pro for better game play.

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Have you seen or played the Premium/LE? Does not seem like a logical comparison? People making up their minds and clinching their pearls-keep an open mind is all I am saying.

Nah. It seems pretty obvious that the 'big' toy is the projector. and a backboard magnet that will slow down play more.
I think this is one where it is pretty easy to play the Pro and know what you are getting with the premium.

Now that we have seen how bad it looks in a lit room, it is an easy choice.

If you play in the dark and like bling then go for it, but I think the Prem/LE buyers are in for a rude awakening on resell of this title.

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Very awkward. I'm pretty sure Jack flew out with all his streaming equipment, so they must have made the decision not to due it because of the inability to capture the footage well..

I am pretty sure it is largely due to lack of code content for the projector screens currently

#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ladies and gentleman, exhibit A for why the “innovation” everybody says they clamor for is pointless.
People say they want “innovation” but they have zero idea what that actually means.

I think they know exactly what it means TBT.

They want innovation along with good execution. Pinheads are willing to pay for new and cool shit, but they need to feel like it was done as best as it possibly can for how much they are paying. The laser projection is a really fricking cool idea. The execution of it appears once again to have been screwed up by Sterns bean counters setting hard limits on BOM rather than taking real risks to make it work right the first time.

This is my main issue with Stern. They do some really cool shit, but just 10% more effort and it could be awesome. 10% more quality in coil stops and I would not be replacing them after 7 play. 10% more in the bolts that hold on coil stops and I woudl not be drilling and retapping flipper plates after 500 games. They are so close to excellence so many times, but they keep falling short. We all want pinball nirvana, we all find theme we love, and we all want things to really succeed in the long run. Hence why people get so much more frustrated by the inadequacies and failures 10ft short of the finish line.

Exhibit A : Anyone playing 3 games on ST knows that they should have made a better sculpt to capture the ball better. So much cool about this game and the potential... but then "god dammit" is all I hear when people are playing and frustrated with such a simple thing to have done right.

#4510 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For many things, I believe it's more about bake-time than BOM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninety-ninety_rule). The ST/projector might be an exception.

likely part of it.

no matter the root cause of their culture, it is frustrating 100% of the time.

#4529 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball should “shoot for” staying in business. Games like TZ were counter to that goal in the 90s, and even more so today.
I’m not “rewriting history.” Games like TZ taught ops they should stop buying pinball machines.
If pinside ran stern they’d be out of business in a year.

wow... wrong and doubling down.

The fact that you think the pinball market for sales, operators, or operating games is even remotely similar to the 90s is showing your old man. Come one buddy; you are better than this.

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

with everyone bitching and moaning about dimpling on the playfield, ramp flaps and the projector not being bright enough, I'm surprised that no one has noticed that stern has cheapened out on the code side as well. past pinball offering have awarded 2 or 3 credits for a grand champion score, but on ST it's only a measly single credit?!?
[quoted image]
what's next, a 1/4 or 1/2 credit for a regular high score?

1 credit for GC and 0 for all other HSTD has been Stern standard for a few years now.

It is a setting that can be adjusted, but anyone on route would be silly to do so IME.
Replay is what most people will chase.

#4584 4 years ago

I thought religious talk was immediate reason for post deletion/moderation?

If not, please make it so. It is a sure fire way to ruin/ further ruin any thread.

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

should normally roll easily to the right there... that game needs some tweaking.

more accurately... the game needed to be built better

#4625 4 years ago

what are you drinking tonight iceman?

also, email me those documents when you get a chance.

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would have done it Hilton but you and Kman reported me for "abuse" in the not to be mentioned thread. LOL
I help my friends out.

I have zero clue what you are talking about iceman. I never report you for anything.

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok Hilton, just kidding, you got it. Love to help, give me a few days.

thanks ice! much appreciated

#4760 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Ouch! Stranger Things Pro makes its debut in the Pinside top 100 or should I say top 111. Not a good start but its early only 17 reviews are in!
Need to get more people to leave their reviews as they learn more about the game. I've never seen a new stern so low... Beatles got pretty low but right now its sitting at 77. As I said before the issue isn't the projector its do you like the game? The pro doesn't have a projector and its coming in at 111.
I'm sure it will work its way up but how high? Clearly its not the new Deadpool or something like that.

likely ranked so low because the Demagorgon shot is beefed. Also due to broken 1-way gates, broken up-posts on left ramp, and other various out of box issues, the experience has not had much chance of being positive.

I personally find it fun to shot in a general sense, but the demagorgon is just something to avoid now. Also the left 'dead-end kicker' is just odd. On all 3 I have played, you hit what is a pretty tough shot and it kicks up to graze a drop target or two (pretty pointless, esp when you already have those drop targets down or when the ramp is already down and then it just shoots to nothing of any value.) Basically the dead end kicker becomes a shot not worth hitting or even worth avoiding since it provides a lateral and unpredictable return.

#4821 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Except it being the super jackpot and 2x scoring shot... yes totally worth avoiding... *rolleyes*

yes, as usual you pedantic ...

7% of the time in game play, that shot is worth shooting.
When you do, it will oddly kick the ball up to a single drop target, or into nothing, or roll over the corner of the down ramp flap. It is a pretty odd kick out. Possibly the strangest choice I have ever seen for one (I we thought the EV3 kick across the pf to a stand up bank was odd... at least that is somewhat satisfying due to the angle and speed)

#4824 4 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

Just played the premium. George Gomez and Gary Stern kindly hosted a group of us to give it a spin at EAG in London. As mentioned by others, the projection effect works really great. I was very impressed. Got straight on the phone to secure a premium. Great job Stern for bringing something fresh to the table. Top marks

curious if you are a distributor/ sales for the game?

#4842 4 years ago
Quoted from Chief:

You have to witness the projector with your own eyes to appreciate it. It is extremely tricky to photograph well and do it justice. Hope that helps.

good to know and thanks for the heads up.

Hope to check it out sometime. Unfortunately from what I have seen on video thus far I would not be interested in buying at this time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.