IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1350 4 years ago

Which is packed more. Rick and Morty or Stranger Things?

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BOTTOM LINE
We are looking at a sub $6k street price pro pinball machine!!!!! Why did they stream the pro? I'm guessing so they knew the LE's would sell out like they have and they want to collect the money before folks can change their minds.

Exactly what I was thinking as well. I’m not buying this pin but Stern can sure sell a lot of pinballs even when not streamed. Unbelievable!

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Everyone is fighting and arguing about Stranger Things Pinball on Christmas Eve and I am sitting here wondering if ryanbrooks bought his Distributor a Christmas gift based on the information he received regarding his delayed MMr.....

I love it. It’s very entertaining. Please keep it up.

#2698 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

More interactive playfield, not just lanes and ramps. Sure the demagorgon is nice but there could be more to do.

Agree 100%. A friend is getting his Friday, we shall see.

#2851 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please show me the switch on your game.
Ours has none. There is an opto in front of the bash toy that the ball call fall in front of. Nothing to register a bash.

you get nothing good day sir!

#2880 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

What are people hearing about the timeframe on LE's shipping?

February, 2020

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

For real the demigorgin toy is fucking impossible to sail it into that thing. Hope there’s a fix or this will be like Bksor and get tossed into the garbage

Oh shit. Really? A friend is getting his tomorrow. Can’t wait to play it.

#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This proves they’re STILL FUN 25 years later, not that people are blindly enjoying them out of nostalgia. People hang onto video games for nostalgia, not pinball. Great pinball is always great pinball.

You don’t understand what “shallow” means. Play DE game like BTTF, Simpsons or TMNT. Those are shallow. Almost nothing from B/W in the 90s was shallow. Full of modes, multiball, wizard modes, scoring strategies...not to mention the best build, gameplay, mechs, toys and light/sound choreography. No amount of convoluted math/chess of a game like Stern SW will take away the expertly crafted gameplay experience of the 90s games.

Well said. That’s why Remakes are here. Those 90 games are bad ass and fun as hell to play. Do I like new stuff, hell yeah. Do I like the old stuff, hell yeah. Is my Addams Gold playfield chipping, no. What does that have to go with anything. Nothing! I just wanted to say it.

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

Agree. Wouldn’t be in the way of the projected image either. Possibly cost saving measure as they have the demodogs on video.

That’s a good idea. Kill the 2-4 demodogs that pop up. Then the ramp lowers for the main kill.

#3155 4 years ago

Played Stranger Things last night. Not much to say here. I have no desire to play it again. Code really can’t help much with this one guys. Sorry. It’s just not fun.

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you a fan of the show? I think it’s pretty solid so far for this early in the game. Love the start of telekinesis multiball and the music and sounds are great. Just need some more callouts added. There’s tons in the code. Just need them added. Can’t wait to see how this develops.

Yes I love the show. Stern just didn’t capture the show in this pin. It just seems shallow to me. The magnet ball lock and projector are not going to be enough to save this one. Stern needs to slow down to 2 pins a year. Quantity over Quality has been Sterns way! They need to reverse this. 4 pins a year. Who cares if 3 out if 4 suck. Having 2 quality pins a year will also help with coding issues. Stern you can do it. Just slow down.

#3671 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Those dimples aren’t bad at all, look about the same as the machine I care for.
...and to those claiming this is only Stern, and CGC or whoever is better, you’re wrong.[quoted image]

That’s a lot. Holy crap. Is that a Bally?

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

CGC remake, LE

Exactly my point. My AFM Bally did not look like that. My 1994 Addams Gold looks nothing like that. Something has changed.

#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stop gaslighting! You’re ruining Earth!
Those are pictures of normal playfields. Modern craters are different than dimples.

Exactly. These games are 25 years old. Stranger Things is less than 1 month. Come on CrazyLevi, you are crazy.

1 week later
#4930 4 years ago

I have not been following this thread much but I don’t think the projector looked that bad. The only issue so far that I noticed during Deadflips stream was the VUK that kicked the pinball to the left side. Just didn’t look smooth to me coming down the left orbit.

#4933 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s cause it’s not a VUK. It’s a post. Think Congo or corvette.

Good point. Still did not look smooth to be. Looks like it bounces off the orbit to the left several times before its comes down to the left slingshot area. Again it’s just what I’m seeing.

#4937 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a controlled gate that feeds into the left orbit. The ball from the monster area or left orbit feeds to a holding spot with the gate, and the game releases it into the left orbit. In normal conditions that orbit feeds down to the left flipper.
Game setups can have the orbits feed 'dirty' from either left or right orbits.. but usually they feed to flippers.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Just explaining there’s no VUK. Want smooth return? Shoot the burn it back loop.

A friend has the game so I need to play it more. Just telling you what I saw from the stream. That’s all.

#4942 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

The pin looks meh so far. Projector is a try at something new, but I don't think it works on this scale.

So are you saying the half wasted an opportunity here?

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Keep in mind this forum has the hardcore of pinball fanboyism, people will accept and defend pretty much anything from Stern. You are completely justified in your feelings and it is laughable that people just shrug it off with, well that's pinball. You get both sides people will rant and rave about the smallest things from Stern and endlessly hate on them. This place is a completely weird view on reality.
P.S. No matter what you say someone will feel it is some personal attack on them and tell you to take it elsewhere.

Totally agree with this.

#5206 4 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I had the opportunity to play one on location yesterday and hit the demogorgon shot once on the first mode. Wasn’t easy and never hit it again the rest of the game. Overall, I walked away unimpressed. I was really looking forward to this game but the whole thing felt kinda blah and boring. I’m hoping code can help but I’m losing hope quickly on that.

Watch what you say about this game!

#5279 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

<begin soapbox rant>
I can't believe that some people here think that any company shipping any product that is DOA straight out of the box is acceptable. yes, I get that we as owners should know how to fix basic things (when they go wrong) to avoid costly repairs. however, that doesn't mean that we should have to play the role of technician straight out of the box.
if your brand new microwave, tv or videogame system were DOA straight out of the box, would you feel the need to break it open and start troubleshooting it on your own? I don't think so.
<insert cargument>
even if your $9,000+ base model car that you just drove off the lot died within 6 months, I'm guessing that you'd be right back at the dealer pitching a fit over the fact that there's no way that this should happen.
the fact that it has become acceptable to say "because it's pinball" has become synonymous with "you will need to adjust and fix things in order to enjoy your NEW purchase" is truly crazy. it's this type of mentality that has allowed [some] of the manufacturers to continue to get away with shipping games that "are a box of lights" at launch, take upwards of a year or more to get to v1.00 code (though still not complete) or remove a major feature via a code update rather than correct the physical issue just to name a few things that have occurred over the past 2 years.
and yet we (as a group) still continue to throw money at these companies for fear of missing out

I was about to say be careful of what you say around these parts but iceman got to you first.

1 week later
#5717 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I can't watch more than 30 seconds of his videos.

Why because he is dead on with his comments and you are a + + + + + fanboy.

#5803 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Anyone bothered by the comparatively minimal adjustments needed on Stranger Things would be well advised to steer clear of JJPOTC.

All pins are going to have issues. Comparing a game like JJP’s POTC to a Zizzle is not fair at all.

#5809 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Comparing Stranger Things to a Zizzle is not fair either.

Ok a packed game to a non packed game. Is that better for you?

#5866 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Have you even played an LE or premium yet? Your feigned sarcasm is smarmy and unnecessary. If you don’t like the game, why continue to bash it. We get it, you don’t like it.
But I have played it and can tell you 99% of the bitching is way off. Projector is bright and clear, game plays fast and smooth, demo is easy to hit. It’s a fun game.
When are the pinside mods going to institute a “no trolling” rule? This continued trolling has caused several that I know to swear off this toxic site and environment, including those in the industry.

Trolling. Lol. You stated POTC was basically a mess so we all should stay away. My comment to that was POTC is packed vs ST. Come on dude. So yeah, Pirates should have a lot more issues and adjustments. Common sense. A friend has ST pro and the day he got it we were adjusting things.

#5868 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You own two games. Typical jealous hate? There are a shitload of pre owned games for sale! Get a clue man
Anything is a keeper for you

Not every game is going to be for everyone. Just not going to happen. Doesn’t matter who makes it. People just play the pins first, then decide if you love it or hate it. It’s simple.

1 week later
#6494 4 years ago

This is great stuff. I now have this marked as one of my favorites. I’m really enjoying this. Please continue.

D25F692B-DF64-4265-9060-CFFAB4602107 (resized).jpegD25F692B-DF64-4265-9060-CFFAB4602107 (resized).jpeg
#6501 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You serious? You already got boned for 9k, what's another 300? I wouldn't want this game without this mod.

Reverse this! He paid 9k. Jesus. It should be included. Holy shit. I think that’s what he is saying. Correct me if I’m wrong.

#6967 4 years ago

So it’s still true? WOW.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=Skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.