IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago

As long as the playfield quality is good.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Stranger Things is one of my favorite movie/tv shows of all time.
Brian Eddy has only hit home runs, going 3/3 with some of the best games of all time.
I just hope Stern didn't kill, due to budget, a lot of his ideas.

Star Wars?

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Don't squash the dream already, for crying out loud! Haha. But you're probably right. Don't forget the Eleven bash toy and no upside down for the pro edition.

I heard only one ramp, pops, a VUK, one spinner, a demogorgon on a spring, and the premium/le with a small lower playfield

1 week later
#203 4 years ago

Any pooling?

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. The initial ST pros are already built and will be on location before Xmas.

Many people I know already bought a game to fill collections. This may uproot some of the bolted to floor games.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m so obsessed with this theme I know it won’t have everything I want in it. I just hope the code keeps me interested for the long haul. That’s kind of a tall order for me, but one can dream.
Oh and did I mention I need this to have a third flipper? Haha

I’m getting a pro ASAP.

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Am I the only one a bit annoyed at Winona Ryders overacting, and lack of range in facial emotions?

You’re not alone. I wasn’t a fan of her acting in the show.

#816 4 years ago

I have to wonder how many bought a nib game this month or recently and now will regret it when this pin comes out. That’s if it’s as good as it sounds.

#851 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, here we go again with the playfield lottery. This is from a new JP with 15 plays...with the updated artwork that has no artwork around posts. Reports of this issue still occuring, and Stern sending out less populated playfields, makes me nervous to preorder a Stranger Things LE.
[quoted image]

I Love Stern.

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Step away from the keyboard. Breathe in and out. Take a walk. Find some perspective.

He needs a toke.

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, I just don't like people making up lies about things I've posted to the point of harassment. It's not cool.
As I said I did email two distributors today about getting on a list for a Stranger Things LE. Everything I've read about Stranger Things in the TWIP article sounds exciting and like the type of game I gravitate to. I know Who-Dey will say I'm a JJP fanboy but there's reason I haven't purchased a Wonka after purchasing all prior JJP pins. I don't think there's a lot toy wise on the game, I'm not a fan of the way the assets have been used, and I don't like that JJP has continued to release updates for the game while Pirates remains on .99 code after 2 years.
Stern has stepped it up with several of their games, most recently Jurassic Park. I was ready to place an order for a JP premium after playing one on location but now want to wait and see how Stranger Things turns out. I also like how Stern has lowered their most recent LE counts. 500 is still high but better then 750, or JJP's insane LE counts. Some sense of rarity is still retained at 500 games.

It’s all good. Most of us may have issues with people on here from time to time, but in the end if you met them in person it’s a different story. Who-Dey is the first person I ever talked to on pinside. I have his cell if you want to prank him. Lol

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah its 1-800-FANBOY-PANZER HAHA

Lmao

#914 4 years ago

Hopefully a good pro.

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nobody concerned with the clearcoat issues? I thought there was still some problematic playfields popping up.
Also, aren’t recent customers with bad playfields having to fight to get an unpopulated playfield? Other customers report being ghosted with regards to their playfield warranty requests?

I am. Waiting for others to buy and test out the QC.

#1463 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So what is the fallout from the leak of that video? Clearly Stern wasn’t happy about the leak and requested it get shut down on YouTube (which it has). How did the actual release video get leaked to begin with? Yes we all know Chris posted it first but how did he get his hands on it? That wasn’t the usual shitty grainy cell phone captures from the webinar it was the legit teaser video. How much hell broke loose at stern marketing department?

I bet they are angry.

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes. It’s really a non issue for home buyers or almost any location.
People just bored and looking for something to bitch about a usual.

I hate cottage cheese

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here we go![quoted image]

Did you sleep last night? Lol

#1743 4 years ago

I really hope the pro is good.

#1776 4 years ago

Man they deleted the 11 ball lock magnet on pro at rear. 40 dollars it cost. Come on.

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Pro doesn't even have the rear magnetic ball lock?? Cheap bastards.

That was my first impression. Jeesh. Disappointing.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So buy a premium?

On the fence. Shit tspp has more features than the premium.

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The bash toy looks like a snatch...I’m sorry, but someone has to say it.

Yes with awkward labia.

#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

One of the greatest and most packed games ever is better than this? Well, yeah.

Maybe I’ll smoke on this one first. Dispensary before stream tonight.

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Don't know if it's the players...but that stream makes the game look pretty boring :/

Looks super boring. Kinda surprised.

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

EVERYTHING SUCKS!!!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jack's stream is tonight at 8pm est?

Yup, grab a pillow.

#2269 4 years ago

Meh. If the 35 dollar telekinesis magnet was on the pro I would have ordered. Now I don’t feel the premium is worth my shekels. I can see a code update with more sounds, video, voices helping the pro.

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Do you need a hug or something?

No just a better game release.

#2512 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am starting to think that the cost of past QC fumbles is starting to make an impact on BOM for new releases. Gotta keep those investors happy!

JodyG that’s all it is. Sadly. The last few years probably made the investors smile, so they say let’s aim higher meaning less BOM and game for consumer.

#2739 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We absolutely can. We can see the art, see the features, see the layout, watch streams, hear the sounds. We know whether this pleases our eyes and ears. Many of us have played enough games to get a solid take on what any new game is about at launch. Our opinion may change once played, but impressions upon reveal are not to be discounted entirely.

Almost all the games I’ve bought/sold over the years were from watching YouTube gameplay videos. I know after a few minutes if it will be a game I entertain owning. You don’t have to play it first to know.

#3274 4 years ago

Heading to my distributor Thursday to play a few games on the pro.

#3409 4 years ago

No stream of LE/premium?

#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Even the ramp flaps are dimpling on new Stern’s. :/[quoted image][quoted image]

I canceled my LE order. Sad.

#4046 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

One week of play...[quoted image]

I won’t be able to sleep tonight after seeing that, oh wait I will...I canceled my LE.

#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You may regret backing out of that LE.

I think the regret would be spending 9k on something of poor quality. I bought a Metallica pro modded out instead.

#4109 4 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Maybe Jack is there because Stern is going to release their LE topper at the show??[quoted image]

Oy vey the pro again

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Quite sad there's only two features over the Pro, yet there's a $2K difference at least, $3000ish if an LE- and one of those is the main feature - a projector - that cost maybe $30 tops, and people are already suggesting to upgrade the upgrade
Gotta laugh at this one.

I canceled mine last week. Get a pro if the code gets good other than that enjoy the cratering.

#4247 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Oh I agree...i've been patiently waiting for a JP2 Pro to show up used in my area for a decent price. I'd even consider one with bad clear that came with an unpopulated PF if the price was right. I just am not sure I want to play that NIB lottery myself. But from the past posts from Multiballmaniac1, I was highly doubtful he actually had an LE on order.

You got me. Lol

#4249 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He is somewhat of a jokester and i dont know if he really had an LE ordered or not, but what i do know is he has money to put on a new game and he is afraid to buy a NIB Stern right now because of their playfield quality. I cant say that i blame him and i am in the same boat as he is. He and i both want a JP2 real bad but thats not going to happen unless things change with the quality of these playfields.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah ole multiballmaniac been "buying" stern LEs just to cancel them for about two years now. He's one of the weirdest pinsiders and that's saying something.
Remember his hourly Deeproot thread bumps?
I'd like to announce that I'm so impressed with Stranger Things LE I'm placing 15 orders so I can have one in every room in every family members' home on the east coast. These proclamations are official, right?

Oy vey, I just cancelled my tmnt le.

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sit back, relax, pop a top and let it all sink in while i Take a nap before my game arrives.
Same ole same ole.
Over
Reaction.
By the same couple dozen or so people.
That includes K man who is all Stern hate 24/7 because they shun him.
Pinball Life is good!!

2020 will be the best year in pinball releases.

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Will you be ordering and cancelling all deep root games or just sticking with the Stern LE plan?
Oy vey!

I actually really would order a Stranger Things LE if it was that badass. Loved the show. Have a good day.

#4414 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hey, Deeproot is saying they have a release date again lol. He still has plenty of time to flip flop a few dozen times.[quoted image]

Patience is a virtue.

#4495 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wouldn't it be cool if this game turned out to be the berries after so many people have shit all over it and Multiballmaniac regretted canceling his LE? That would be hilarious.

I reordered

#4497 4 years ago

Kidding. Premium maybe. Waiting to see if Who-Dey gets his two tickets for his two playfields that have issues resolved. Been 6 months so far.

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

TZ was not counter to that goal. It sold well. Pinball was losing its customers to video games. That simple. Bad timing.
I hope all this cover you run for Stern is really worth the pat on the back selfie with Gary and Stern coffee mug you get at the next show.
If the smaller companies start making better machines and taking enough customers away Stern will have no choice but to do better. And spendIng a bit more on BOM will not put them out of business. Stop that nonsense.

Shhhhh. I think Levi is finally sleeping right now. Don’t wake him up.

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look I'm the expert on carguments. I INVENTED the term for Christ's sake!
But the toastergument is more apt, as the very first toasters were in fact commercial devices, whilst cars have always been available and marketed to the general public!
OHHHH YEAHHHHHH

I take it this started it.

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The way I read this is that many people use that as a saying without any negative intention. Same way people say "Jesus Christ!' when certain things happen.
I think many of us Christian's need to relax and stop being so sensitive. Makes us look bad.

I get ya. Enjoy your day.

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

ill take you up on that! Joe Burrow draft party at your place?

Huge party at Who-Dey’s this spring I think. Hell I’ll drive the 10 hours one way.

#4898 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

well, setting this shitshow up for streaming cannot be easy.
He better deliver now that he is on payroll....

#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Known issue. Now REALLY known

Yup

#4907 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Game and the room are void of energy

I really love stern games but this one falls flat for me. Hopefully they sell a bunch.

#4962 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Calling all DR sycophants! LOL
Kind of pathetic really

A grown man posting he just took a big dump is kind of pathetic really.

#4965 4 years ago

Sounds like mr Hardy is talking to Iceman44. Ha

#5010 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Ok back on topic.
Dimpling.
Go.

Is it hot in LA today? Damn son. Lol

#5125 4 years ago

Well Macho weighed in.....

#5128 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Set my outlanes to mid position, waxed the playfield and this pin is screaming!! Hot damn it's fast...Going to set a high score today while the snow falls. Gotta beat 460mil

Sounds like a great day to me. Snow coming here later.

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Man does Macho bring back some memories for me-those were the days!
Oh Yeah![quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t remember what year it was, but my neighbors invited me over to a watch a pay per view of wwf with Macho vs hulk late 1980 something. It was pretty awesome.

#5407 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This is the worst new Stern release thread in the history of Pinside.

Sterns fault.

#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Most people don’t know the amount of work route ops have to do on new sterns when they arrive, before putting them out. Firstly we need to throw out the buttons and defective coil stops.
For the JP, I probably spent 6 hours on it stripping the game, going over every post, as most were so loose they would fall out or cause major damage to the PF with eventual chipping. Then I had to add a post and nut and reposition the flipper bracket and also remove the left gate that breaks on all location machines.
I never used to have to do this on older sterns like TWD, ST. Clear coats were much harder, posts were tight, coil stops weren’t defective, things seemed much less rushed and quality was better.

The QC is really starting to show. I have three older sterns that are rock solid. Make Stern Great Again

1 week later
#5824 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I’m saving my thoughts until I fix the random issues I’m finding throughout the playfield. Here’s an obvious, yet easily remedied issue right out of the box..[quoted image]

Call Chas

#5927 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotman:

First update after purchase, Jan. 13 build date. Received it two days later. I feel bad for my other four pins as they get little to no love. Game play is addictive. However, you’ve gotta be a little bit of a pinball mechanic to own this one. For example, had Demo out four times. Took ramps off to work on raising, but the trick was replacing 1/4” spacers under Demo with a small washer to lower him. Still a tough shot, but makable. Waiting for new ramp from Stern. Sound is very cool scary and a sub and shaker are a must have. I had to get over the bias against plastic ramps and in lanes because it limits potential enjoyment options, I.e., less pins to choose from. I could not be happier with the smoothness of these plastic lanes. Btw: I have a metal ramp and wire forms from LOTR getting brass plating work done as they don’t last either. (Notice to other folks posting their ratings: these are commercial machines. Operators know how to make these complex machines work better. Don’t shit on these fantastic cutting edge products because you are incompetent either mechanically or electronically as they were not intended for home use. Plus they are not museum pieces, enjoy the patina a metal ball makes on a wood surface. Patina is good, it shows you lived a little.)

Great selling point. You have to be a little bit of a mechanic to own game. Adjust Demogorgon, remove ramps, wait for a new ramp...

65E34B8D-C39E-4AB3-B43E-53EC17148723 (resized).png65E34B8D-C39E-4AB3-B43E-53EC17148723 (resized).png
#5959 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So it’s not even $20-$30 BOM? Do the people at Stern have no pride?
Is the bash toy on the upcoming TMNT going to get the nickname Pineapple anus?

Stern dissatisfaction is high right now among many. I know at least 4 people who always bought the newest games that no longer will.

#5961 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I’ve met 4 people including myself that will only buy Stern going forward. It’s a wash!!! Lol

Good keep them in business. They have Investors to feed.

#5971 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I like all kinds of ramps. Plastic ramps are typically the smoothest and fastest.
I love the ramps on Tron, IM, ST, TWD, etc...all plastic.
Whatever the designer thinks is best for that particular game and design, I'm good with.

I like plastic ramps too. No issues in my opinion

#6021 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Glad there's *kind of* a solution but it's a damn shame it comes down to nagging issues on nearly every $5500+ game.
[quoted image]

Lmao.

#6022 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The reality is that Stern is killing it right now. JP is a possible GOAT and Elvira is getting there.
Don't like STH? Get one of those games, or TMNT next or the 3 more games that are coming out this year.
Or a JJP GNR that is coming, not to mention Toy Story

Stern is not killing anything but possible repeat customers.

#6034 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The same guy that is beating up poor Boss Hog for stating his opinion on Bricks and then coming into threads like this just to take a shit. LOL
All you Brick guys come on in if it makes you feel better!

I took a huge dump today.

#6036 4 years ago

Quoted from CrazyLevi:Pretty much sums up all yer posts!

#6057 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

More and more people are taking notice on Stern’s many issues IMO. Their army is shrinking.

Charge!

7FC489F3-9D4C-44D3-B4E1-9840DD8BC542 (resized).png7FC489F3-9D4C-44D3-B4E1-9840DD8BC542 (resized).png
#6076 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not having to worry about or pay for healthcare leaves more disposable income.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Just got my LE from Gotpinball. (Andrew is a great guy by the way). Great machine. Paired with my guardians I feel like I have a great duo! Looking forward to what the code updates on Stranger Things add.[quoted image]

Looks like you’ll be neglecting other things for awhile. Have fun. How’s the demo shot?

#6483 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

This has been quite the welcome back to pinball experience for Brian Eddy.

Should have passed it up. Stern ruined his return.

#6509 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

4 Turtles, 1st one is free, pay per character the other 3. It's going to happen.

Omg. LAME if true.

#6557 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Stern Pinball Stranger Things UV Lighting Kit
- Custom interactive code will activate lighting during dramatic events and experiences throughout game play, immersing players into the Stranger Things universe
- Available in Pro Version (item # 502-7118-Q1) and Premium/LE Version (item # 502-7118-Q2)
Kit contains: New bottom arch w/LEDs installed, 8 new butyrates/plastics w/UV reactive ink, ramp LED boards mounted on install brackets, and fasteners
Pricing: $279 (Purchase directly from Stern Pinball shop.sternpinball.com or from your authorized dealer/distributor)
***Picture shown below is the Pro Version Kit with plastic arch. The Prem/LE Kit includes a powdercoated steel arch
[quoted image]

Watch them not work right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Guilford, CT
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Multiballmaniac1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=Multiballmaniac1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.