IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 144.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

HA! Becoming?!?!?
I’m currently in the hospital and may have to add this as another reason I’m feeling pain!

More laughing coming!

Kaneda's divorce with Pinside must still really hurt. Enough that he mentioned Pinside and my comments in his last Podcast!

Thanks to all my friends on Pinside for letting me know. I am not his friend on Facebook and I do not listen to his podcasts. I would never have known.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I figured it's going to look kinda like this[quoted image]

That looks awesome.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

More laughing coming!
Kaneda's divorce with Pinside must still really hurt. Enough that he mentioned Pinside and my comments in his last Podcast!
Thanks to all my friends on Pinside for letting me know. I am not his friend on Facebook and I do not listen to his podcasts. I would never have known.

What a great addition to a Stranger Things thread...thanks for your insight!

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

What a great addition to a Stranger Things thread...thanks for your insight!

It is definitely strange shit!

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Disagree. Tons of annoying sound FX that have nothing to do with GB, yet totally lacking iconic sounds like the streams & Slimer’s screams & growls. Not enough movie quotes peppered about. Ernie, while legit, is kinda bland sounding as a custom callout - if you didn’t know it was Ernie, it just sounds like a generic guy. The DMD never shows the character’s faces. Only their backs & hands. Clearly they didn’t want to go through approvals on the Dot animation.

there are so many lines of dialogue from the movie - even when the game is not being played the flipper buttons will play more.

No one is confusing Ernie for a generic guy. Triple. Super. Jackpot. It's actually the opposite of bland as well. I worry he's going to have a heart attack he's so spirited in some of the call outs.

Now if you want absolute dogshit call outs, check out JP stern!

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fact.

I’d rather have a real person from a franchise than that absolute fake, horribly acted trash from JP.

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

there are so many lines of dialogue from the movie - even when the game is not being played the flipper buttons will play more.
No one is confusing Ernie for a generic guy. Triple. Super. Jackpot. It's actually the opposite of bland as well. I worry he's going to have a heart attack he's so spirited in some of the call outs.

And yet JP is one of best pins ever

I assume the hidden posts are critical of GB

Great call outs! Great pin

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, I didn’t like the call outs. Then I played the game, and didn’t care. It may be one of the best designed shooters I’ve ever played.

#409 4 years ago

What’s the last game to have 4 ramps?

So Jurassic park has 4, so before that?

Demoman count if you use the center acmag ramp.

Fastbreak has four if you count the left orbit ramp.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So Jurassic park has 4, so before that?
Demoman count if you use the center acmag ramp.
Fastbreak has four if you count the left orbit ramp.

Maiden has 4 if you found the upper left loop/drop...

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Kind of a tough question because what defines a full ramp? I think of TSPP and it has the right ramp, treehouse ramp, couch ramp, and monorail “ramp”. Then I think of all the Sterns with the crossover ramp. How many does WH2O technically have? RBION? HRC? Do shooter lane ramps count? Jump ramps? Once you define what a ramp is or isn’t, does JP2 still have 4 ramps?

#412 4 years ago
mrclean_stern_stranger_things_pinball (resized).pngmrclean_stern_stranger_things_pinball (resized).png
#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Kind of a tough question because what defines a full ramp? I think of TSPP and it has the right ramp, treehouse ramp, couch ramp, and monorail “ramp”. Then I think of all the Sterns with the crossover ramp. How many does WH2O technically have? RBION? HRC? Do shooter lane ramps count? Jump ramps? Once you define what a ramp is or isn’t, does JP2 still have 4 ramps?

Wow. Haha. JP2 definitely four ramps. Have to shoot it from the flippers and it has to go from one portion of the playfield to the other. ACDC and Simpson crossing rail doesn’t count. Diverters don’t make one ramp two, etc.

WH20 has 4. 2 lower of and two upper playfield.

#414 4 years ago

Am I the only one still waiting on his MMr and thinking it’s shitty of Stern to basically stop production of them so they can get ST built and shipped before the EOY as to be dicks to Spooky?

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Am I the only one still waiting on his MMr and thinking it’s shitty of Stern to basically stop production of them so they can get ST built and shipped before the EOY as to be dicks to Spooky?

What? Stern doesn’t make MMr. CGC does.

Also, Stern doesn’t stop one game for another. They’re often building 5+ different titles at once.

#416 4 years ago

135 posts since I left for work this morning! I was sure the reveal had happened!
Hopefully soon...

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

one of the best pins ever after I changed the really bad call outs. I'm at peace with it b/c I customized the code so I can hear the real actors. JP2 is sterns best period and one of the best pins I've ever played. I'm also a HUGE JP fan but the gameplay is so good too.

Not sure what hidden posts you're referring to but I'm a big fan of GB.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

What on earth does this even mean? Haha

#419 4 years ago

Am I the only own waiting on a spicy chicken sandwich because Stern's stopped making them to focus on buying all the pizza in Benton?

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Am I the only own waiting on a spicy chicken sandwich because Stern's stopped making them to focus on buying all the pizza in Benton?

No kidding. Totaly unfair that stern swooped in and started serving deep dish pizza to Benton residents right after they had lunch with spooky.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

eat-more-chicken (resized).pngeat-more-chicken (resized).png
#422 4 years ago

CGC games are built by Stern

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Naw bud. They haven't for years. Some early run MMr games were produced at Stern's factory, but nothing since. CGC has a factory. Pinball news website recently did a feature.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

CGC builds their own games, and has for years now. Stern built some MMRs early on, but didn't finish the run. CGC finished MMR, built all the AFMs and MBRs.

#425 4 years ago

Speaking of food and getting back on Stranger Things track....apparently yet another familiar Brian Eddy Easter egg finds it's way into this game....

pinball_brian_eddy_easter_egg_stranger_things (resized).pngpinball_brian_eddy_easter_egg_stranger_things (resized).png
#426 4 years ago

Cant wait to see this game, should be a good one! Such a good theme.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. Haha. JP2 definitely four ramps. Have to shoot it from the flippers and it has to go from one portion of the playfield to the other. ACDC and Simpson crossing rail doesn’t count. Diverters don’t make one ramp two, etc.
WH20 has 4. 2 lower of and two upper playfield.

I thought I almost had the definition as “it has a ramp flap at entry” but that didn’t satisfy all conditions (doesn’t WH2O’s whirlpool shot not have one?). Also ignoring the cross ramp, how many does Mustang have since only one can be hit at a given moment. Still don’t know about jump ramps. Does IMDN have 2 or 3?

I do agree with the idea that JP2 has 4 ramps, even with 3 exit points. But could even the shooter lane “jump” to the Hellipad 180 ramp also count as a ramp? Does the shooter lane wireform add a ramp to WH2O?

I just think it’s an interesting question. Im sore in bed after a car crash the other day and trying to finally get into Rick and Morty while sitting here. My mind is in a million places and the question of “#of ramps for each game” I don’t know has a defined set of parameters and I never really wondered about it, but a lot of games I think are up for debate.

Edit - sorry for the thread drift

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

CGC builds their own games, and has for years now. Stern built some MMRs early on, but didn't finish the run. CGC finished MMR, built all the AFMs and MBRs.

The excuse given to my distributor from CGC as to the ETA of a MMr ordered in May was “waiting on Stern to finish”. I have no reason to doubt my distributor. His firm is one of the oldest and undoubtedly the most respected coin-op distributor in the country.

#429 4 years ago

No one really talking much about the Hologram feature that it will supposedly have...I'm thinking Sega's Time Traveler Hologram game from 1991... It's going to be sick to have holograms on the playfield... did Stern miss the boat by not implementing that on Star Wars with R2D2 / Princess Leia?

I'm guessing it will be demogorgans ? You need to hit them or go past them as the playfield LED lighting / holograms of floating stuff... If that's the case it would be amazing.

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I do agree with the idea that JP2 has 4 ramps, even with 3 exit points. But could even the shooter lane “jump” to the Hellipad 180 ramp also count as a ramp? Does the shooter lane wireform add a ramp to WH2O?

No. WH20 whirlpool is debatable. I can see it either way.

Here’s a fun one. Without looking it up. How many ramps does WOZ have?

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

The excuse given to my distributor from CGC as to the ETA of a MMr ordered in May was “waiting on Stern to finish”. I have no reason to doubt my distributor. His firm is one of the oldest and undoubtedly the most respected coin-op distributor in the country.

You’re funny.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

The excuse given to my distributor from CGC as to the ETA of a MMr ordered in May was “waiting on Stern to finish”.

Key word there. EXCUSE.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Without looking it up. How many ramps does WOZ have?

One.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Not trying to be mean but either you or your distributor were very high during that conversation.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

The reason to doubt what he told you was just pointed out rather plainly by myself and another poster. Go and look at the pinball news site my friend. There is a nice tour of the CGC production factory.

Back on topic. Excited about this game!

#436 4 years ago

Crazy. And it’s like barely a ramp. Haha

#437 4 years ago

Here’s another question. If the game does indeed have 4 ramps, is it possible for it to only use 2 flippers?

If so, it will be the fanniest fan layout ever I guess.

#438 4 years ago

If I had to speculate, I'd guess it would be like Revenge from Mars. Lots of room for ramps, drop targets and pepper's ghost holograms.

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

one of the best pins ever after I changed the really bad call outs. I'm at peace with it b/c I customized the code so I can hear the real actors. JP2 is sterns best period and one of the best pins I've ever played. I'm also a HUGE JP fan but the gameplay is so good too.
Not sure what hidden posts you're referring to but I'm a big fan of GB.

I'm talking about the dopes i've blocked on here most likely critical of GB based on the replies to what i can't see. LOL . Pitiful

I'm with you 100% on JP.

#440 4 years ago
656803C2-191E-4431-9F42-C7942F6C39CC.gif656803C2-191E-4431-9F42-C7942F6C39CC.gif
#441 4 years ago

100 plus new posts and still no leak haha

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/11/20/inside-chicago-gaming/

We were lucky enough to visit the factory in late 2017.

#443 4 years ago

The only character I really care about is Steve.

220px-ST3_Steve_Harrington_portrait (resized).jpg220px-ST3_Steve_Harrington_portrait (resized).jpg
#444 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Get a refund and get a new distributor. He’s fundamentally wrong. Stern built the first batch of MMr’s around 2015, and the contract manufacturing deal ended either that year or 2016. CGC has been making their games themselves since.

So, you can choose to believe the facts: Stern literally has ZERO to do with MMr in 2019.

Or, continue to believe this bizarre lie that Stern is building MMr & stopped due to Stranger Things.

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Alien Alien and Alien. Rivals Hobbit, which does it really well but i prefer the Alien universe.
I know no ridley but they nailed it.

And.... TBL

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Get a refund and get a new distributor. He’s fundamentally wrong. Stern built the first batch of MMr’s around 2015, and the contract manufacturing deal ended either that year or 2016. CGC has been making their games themselves since.
So, you can choose to believe the facts: Stern literally has ZERO to do with MMr in 2019.
Or, continue to believe this bizarre lie that Stern is building MMr & stopped due to Stranger Things.

Please don’t attack me or the information I was given. I’ve never attacked you or anyone on this forum. I’ve spent $3M with this distributor this decade. I’m an amusements operator. They have no reason to lie to me. I stated what I was told.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Please don’t attack me or the information I was given. I’ve never attacked you or anyone on this forum. I’ve spent $3M with this distributor this decade. I’m an amusements operator. They have no reason to lie to me. I stated what I was told.

Dude seriously? You've spent 3 million dollars on this stuff and you dont even know that stern doesn't make games for CGC? Sorry but I'm calling total bullshit on you.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

People aren't attacking you. You came here and said things that weren't true. We are trying to let you know your distributor, whoever they are, is bullshitting you. Get your money back, and give it to someone who actually deserves it.

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

People aren't attacking you. You came here and said things that weren't true. We are trying to let you know your distributor, whoever they are, is bullshitting you. Get your money back, and give it to someone who actually deserves it.

Or at minimum your distributor doesn’t know what the hell he is talking about.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Of the 3M you spent with this distributor did you get any games? Is this Madeoff Pinball Inc and associates?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 39.00
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/9?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.