IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 144.
#4901 4 years ago

nope, 5 minutes in and the glass is off.

ramps projections are not working, btw

#4902 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That did not take long, LOL

Known issue. Now REALLY known

#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Known issue. Now REALLY known

Yup

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

nope, 5 minutes in and the glass is off.
ramps projections are not working, btw

They are working they just kick in for modes. They don't seem to show up as well as the large flat panels but they are working.

#4905 4 years ago

Game and the room are void of energy

#4906 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

You can kind of feel like they're all nervous, like they've been working on this for quite some time and it's STILL kinda "meh" on video. I think the best way to really experience the PREMIUM would be "in person" which is gonna be pretty hard for most. Not sure video really shows the full coolness of the projector -- if in fact, it's cool.

#4907 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I really love stern games but this one falls flat for me. Hopefully they sell a bunch.

#4908 4 years ago

Has any one posted a link to the stream?
Thanks!

#4909 4 years ago

I really love the projector, not sure if Stern will invest the resources to really make it awesome but it has huge potential.
Sadly I do not like the way this pin looks, it looks like it has a Pinball Bulbs kit on it from the factory, just way too much neon and color.
I haven't watched the show in forever but it made me think of autumn, halloween nights in the 80s a completely different pallete.

He just entered a mode and the clips from the show with them riding bikes outside is the pallete I expected. The pin completely clashes with that pallete.

#4910 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I wanna buy you a beer my man!

Not because I agree, it just seems like you’ve had a very stressful day.

#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Has any one posted a link to the stream?
Thanks!

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#4912 4 years ago

Scene a couple modes now... Each more purple than the last.

#4913 4 years ago

Looks better than I expected.

I wish the bonus screens had some more animation. Things still look a bit unfinished or like placeholders.

#4914 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Scene a couple modes now... Each more purple than the last.

They are pretty Prince-like. Projector looks solid.

The game should be a must buy from a theme perspective, but based on the stream, it just doesn’t look fun.

#4915 4 years ago

I think the projector looks great

#4916 4 years ago

Game looks legit. Can’t wait!! Wow!!

#4917 4 years ago

Not bad. Can't wait to try it out when it is further along.

#4918 4 years ago

I think it looks great

#4919 4 years ago

So a soft shot to the left orbit/back ramp can go into the pops?

#4920 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

So a soft shot to the left orbit/back ramp can go into the pops?

No. Must have seen something wrong or a weird airball.

#4921 4 years ago

Projector looks amazing and its going to look even better in person.... Everyone always gets amped up over nothing.

#4922 4 years ago

Looks better than I imagined.

#4923 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Looks better than I imagined.

Agreed! Looks very cool. Hope to find one local to play.

#4924 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Projector looks amazing and its going to look even better in person.... Everyone always gets amped up over nothing.

I wouldn’t throw this one into the winners circle yet. Projection on the playfield (pf) screen looked good, but many expect the projection onto 30 degree ramps and tiny standup targets to be of more questionable value. And they aren’t done or in place yet. Did you see the center section of pf screen was skewed to its leftmost edge and the right side of center ramp had a gap along the edge? It wasn’t the end of the world, but it was noticeable. Given that it is unclear what content and rules for the surfaces are, the jury is still out.

Brian Eddie implied the playfield camera might show modes while the lcd would continue to show scores and data, or vice versa. In any case, by using two screen on premium and le models, you get more content than a pro player will see. Jack Danger used a green screen behind the player and a camera facing the playfield screen to enlarge what was being shown and to superimpose it over the shoulder of the player. That was pretty smart. I’d call this stream tonight a partial test and would declare the portion addressing ambient lighting on the pf screen to be a success.

I would criticize that the room had low ambient lighting for the whole stream. I would have preferred they did this way for 1/2 the stream and then did other half of stream in total room blackout. I mean we want to see the limits of this technology and tonight we didn’t put the projector through the ringer. They’ll be time for more testing of the mapping technology once the balance of projector programming is in place.

#4925 4 years ago

Looks pretty good to me Should be fine in most game rooms and lets hope the projector is one that will last.

#4926 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. Must have seen something wrong or a weird airball.

On the pro near us a weak shot to the left orbit can drop.into the pops.

#4927 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

On the pro near us a weak shot to the left orbit can drop.into the pops.

I guess it’s possible but I haven’t seen it happen once.

#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Sadly I do not like the way this pin looks, it looks like it has a Pinball Bulbs kit on it from the factory, just way too much neon and color.

Thats what makes it look cool.

#4929 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It works in person...

#4930 4 years ago

I have not been following this thread much but I don’t think the projector looked that bad. The only issue so far that I noticed during Deadflips stream was the VUK that kicked the pinball to the left side. Just didn’t look smooth to me coming down the left orbit.

#4931 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have not been following this thread much but I don’t think the projector looked that bad. The only issue so far that I noticed during Deadflips stream was the VUK that kicked the pinball to the left side. Just didn’t look smooth to me coming down the left orbit.

And the game wasn’t level.

#4932 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just didn’t look smooth to me coming down the left orbit.

The game I played had a silky smooth return on the left orbit and an ass wipe of a return on the right orbit. This must be adjustable somehow.

#4933 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s cause it’s not a VUK. It’s a post. Think Congo or corvette.

Good point. Still did not look smooth to be. Looks like it bounces off the orbit to the left several times before its comes down to the left slingshot area. Again it’s just what I’m seeing.

#4934 4 years ago

LOL

Love the non buying DICKS weighing in!

#4935 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Good point. Still did not look smooth to be. Looks like it bounces off the orbit to the left several times before its comes down to the left slingshot area. Again it’s just what I’m seeing.

It's a controlled gate that feeds into the left orbit. The ball from the monster area or left orbit feeds to a holding spot with the gate, and the game releases it into the left orbit. In normal conditions that orbit feeds down to the left flipper.

Game setups can have the orbits feed 'dirty' from either left or right orbits.. but usually they feed to flippers.

#4936 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yeah. Just explaining there’s no VUK. Want smooth return? Shoot the burn it back loop.

#4937 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a controlled gate that feeds into the left orbit. The ball from the monster area or left orbit feeds to a holding spot with the gate, and the game releases it into the left orbit. In normal conditions that orbit feeds down to the left flipper.
Game setups can have the orbits feed 'dirty' from either left or right orbits.. but usually they feed to flippers.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Just explaining there’s no VUK. Want smooth return? Shoot the burn it back loop.

A friend has the game so I need to play it more. Just telling you what I saw from the stream. That’s all.

#4938 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It works in person...

It looks like a work of art in my basement. Couldnt agree more.

#4939 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

A friend has the game so I need to play it more. Just telling you what I saw from the stream. That’s all.

Haha. I know. I’m suggesting ways to possibly enjoy the game more.

#4940 4 years ago

Calling all DR sycophants! LOL

Kind of pathetic really

#4941 4 years ago

The pin looks meh so far. Projector is a try at something new, but I don't think it works on this scale.

#4942 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

The pin looks meh so far. Projector is a try at something new, but I don't think it works on this scale.

So are you saying the half wasted an opportunity here?

#4943 4 years ago

I think it looks great, my check is in the mail. I should be getting a call from my distributor in about 3 weeks for my LE. The projector looks fine, a game room should be dim. Arcades back in the day where always on the dark side, even arcade games look better in the dark. He is a link of my 2019 Halloween party, shows my gameroom about half way thru with dim lighting as a gameroom should be.

#4944 4 years ago

Looks good to me... looking fwd to getting a premium in a few months.

#4945 4 years ago

I won’t be buying right away, but the projector is looking good. If Stern gets this right, it’s a great step for pinball!

#4946 4 years ago

Can't go wrong either way!! Pro, Prem or LE...Naysayers be damned, go back to your Rick and Morty thread!!

#4947 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I think it looks great, my check is in the mail. I should be getting a call from my distributor in about 3 weeks for my LE. The projector looks fine, a game room should be dim. Arcades back in the day where always on the dark side, even arcade games look better in the dark. He is a link of my 2019 Halloween party, shows my gameroom about half way thru with dim lighting as a gameroom should be.

After watching your video, I can only say... PLEASE ADOPT ME! I promise to mow the lawn!!!

#4948 4 years ago

Any way you slice it, I want one. I simply can't justify NIB pricing, so I'll be patient. But I will be getting one for sure.

#4949 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Thats what makes it look cool.

Quoted from flynnibus:

It works in person...

This works for certain pins, Tron, T2, Demolition Man, TNA, it just doesn’t fit with Stranger Things. To me Stranger Things is a muted earth tone palette. The outdoors, kids on bikes, Friday 13th, scary fall trees. For me this art is a huge miss on this theme. The LCD is obnoxiously clown puked and those gradient stripped fonts what were they thinking.

#4950 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It looks like a work of art in my basement. Couldnt agree more.

I agree. The artwork is gorgeous on this machine. I have mine in my basement as well and when I flipped the switch to ON for the first time, I was blown away at how it looked all lit up. Looked like Christmas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/99?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.