IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 144.
#4851 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So today I got to see and play the premium.
All this noise about the projector is total nonsense. Even in a very_ well lit room at EAG the projection was great. Darker yes it’s better but I can’t imagine any of us playing near the sun and even then...
The projector content is super cool. Different symbols appear on the switches; countdowns drive different points and the backbox is lit up by the projector in a cool way. I was in two minds to change my LE order to an Elvira but I’m sticking with it. I was also able to hit the gorgon shot several times.
Neil.

Mixed emotions about your comment... encouraging that the projector may be worth it... and shit more money to upgrade lol

#4852 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

the guy was a huge abusive douche and we never saw an inkling of kindness or any sort of affection

That's like the pot calling the kettle black(an idiom used to accuse the person of being guilty of the very thing they are pointing out.)

Looks like Levi and Billy have a lot in common-I keed I keed

BTW-I loved Billy's character, he did a fantastic job portraying the rebel even though he was an abusive douche.

Pot and Kettle.pngPot and Kettle.png
#4853 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

(an idiom used to accuse the person of being guilty of the very thing they are pointing out.)

Douche is a term used for somone that has to explain something that every single person already knows the definition of.

#4854 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Douche is a term used for somone

Douche is the term used for someone that always has to thumb down everything-Mr. poopy pants

Douce Chill Tobias.jpgDouce Chill Tobias.jpg
#4855 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hate to break the news to you. ALL resale value of ANY Nib these days is going down

Next post-No chance here(for JP LE)?

Ice I am confused? One post states that any NIB value is going down, but next post-JP LE will not? Or it will not get down to $7500 or less? There are 3 sitting on marketplace at $8500 OBO(one has been listed for over a month), they will eventually go down to around $7500+/- as more supply hits the secondary market and the market softens due to lots of new releases. I give it another 60 days and I think I will see my sweet spot.

#4856 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Everytime Steve Ritchie came up to play he'd say something about "can't hear it". It was sad.

Steve can't hear anything.

#4857 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Steve can't hear anything

I thought the same exact thing. Even if it was cranked up he would have to tilt his head in one direction to hear anything.

#4858 4 years ago

If this game turns out to be fun for me-I think I like the Premium art the best and I might want it customized or upgraded to pop like the LE model does. Has anyone contacted Steve with Pinball Refinery to custom build them a Premium? If so can I live vicariously through you and get the details of the build? I am probably talking about this way too early because Premiums will not ship until after LE's-in late Feb. or March?

#4859 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Douche is a term used for somone that has to explain something that every single person already knows the definition of.

Seriously? I always thought that a douche was someone from Michigan?

#4860 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I thought the same exact thing. Even if it was cranked up he would have to tilt his head in one direction to hear anything.

Steve has been deaf in one ear for many years.Too much rock and roll too load!

#4861 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Too much rock and roll

Speak up-party going on.jpgSpeak up-party going on.jpg
#4862 4 years ago

Will someone make an alternative SRT translight with color changing Mind Flayer already-Jeeesh!

SRT alternative translight.gifSRT alternative translight.gif
#4863 4 years ago

Anyone know what time the Dead Flip stream starts today of the Premium ?

#4864 4 years ago

they usually start at 7pm CST

#4865 4 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

Wondering how he will stream? Glass off-in a pitch black room? Or Stern factory with lots of above ambient lighting? I am sure people will complain either way. It has been said numerous times but I agree that people will need to judge this one for themselves with their own eyes. Perceptions have too much variance, especially from second hand video images.

#4866 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Seriously? I always thought...

Well I don't think anyone has ever accused you of knowing too much so we'll let it slide.
Remember , it's never too later to get your GED.

#4867 4 years ago

Any word on the pooling or dimpling thus far?

Another question: Did Stern management perhaps have a premonition about the playfield issues with pooling when they came up with theme DeadPOOL?

Still on the fence on buying new and especially this title with additional worries about the projection screen color and fading colors you won't see in a bright room.

#4868 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Yep

#4869 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

hasn't been brought up

Quoted from Shapiru:

additional worries about the projection screen color and fading colors you won't see in a bright room

This is also something that hasn't been discussed at all. Good on you for having the courage to bring this issue to our attention!

#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I don't think anyone has ever accused you of knowing too much so we'll let it slide.
Remember , it's never too later to get your GED.

Lol, I can't even spell GED so how do you expect me to get one?

#4871 4 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

Deadflip posted the stream starts at 6pm tonight and I assume that is central time.

#4873 4 years ago
C957A040-9114-44E7-BF96-C616FBBE69ED (resized).jpegC957A040-9114-44E7-BF96-C616FBBE69ED (resized).jpeg
#4874 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Another question: Did Stern management perhaps have a premonition about the playfield issues with pooling when they came up with theme DeadPOOL?

dd0 (resized).pngdd0 (resized).png
#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I feel like SRT is like my GOTG. A game heavy on bonuses & multipliers with rinse and repeat modes. It is a fun game but how many of these style games do I need in my line up? I feel like I would need to get rid of GOTG to get a SRT? I really like GOTG theme and music, so it would be hard for me to consider swapping them out? Now if they can do something with cookie cutter modes-it will get me interested.

Not at all...I have GOTG and they are totally different pins in my opinion.

Stranger Things reminds me heavily of T2; I've heard some compare it to Iron Man; but it feels a lot like T2 to me...Heart pounding. Where as GOTG is more of a heavy mode based pin that is more of a chill pin for me...It's exciting no doubt; but with the Cleland mod; I find myself jamming out to it and just have a great time flipping the ball.

Stranger Things is more intense; maybe that's just me, but this game makes me sweat...I love it.

#4876 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

7% of the time in game play, that shot is worth shooting.

Like most big payoff shots - it's not going to be the shot you are expected to shoot the most often in the game...

But when it is ready - it's highly valuable. This is regular game convention...

Quoted from Whysnow:

When you do, it will oddly kick the ball up to a single drop target, or into nothing, or roll over the corner of the down ramp flap. It is a pretty odd kick out

It's weird... I don't disagree. But it's not worthless. On every example I've played (5 of them) they've all fed right to the drops or inner orbit without risk.

#4877 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

No but Stern definitely launched GB with ghosting inserts

#4878 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No but Stern definitely launched GB with ghosting inserts

All the better to pull you into that world under glass.

#4879 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It has been said numerous times but I agree that people will need to judge this one for themselves with their own eyes.

Some people cut a nine grand check to inspect for themselves.

#4880 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I found Billy to be the most annoying character in this show's history.
So he's a heavy metal burnout who drives a Camaro? Ok, we all knew guys like that.
But wait...he's also a big time "karate kid bad guy" jock who rules the basketball court and brutalizes dweebs with his athletic prowess?
Also found his teary death scene out of place...the guy was a huge abusive douche and we never saw an inkling of kindness or any sort of affection between Max and himself. Like, good riddance bro!
Seems like they wanted two wildly different characters but only had time for one.

Saw your post here yesterday, and coincidentally had binge watched up to episode 6 of season 3 in a week or so.....

Then finished it off, and was dozing off during the final 10 minutes or so at 5am.

Definitely liked the show more than I thought I would. I was expecting to actively dislike it, and grew to appreciate some of the characters overtime, and some never grew on me.

Billy had a nice arc, and at least felt redeemed. Though most male characters on that show seem to be fodder. They fall into the dead, dumb dumb foil, or villain category all too often. Female characters seem written a bit more teflon, fairly dominant, and lacking less flaws.

The effects and monster designs seem to get better season by season, and I really hope they introduce different monster types/an entirely new enemy altogether. By the end of season three, the cycle of events feels a bit stale.

Cinematography is really surprising for a streamed show, and has some impressive marriages of real shots with nice lighting and CQ effects.

I was also surprised how well the 80's backdrop slotted in. I feared things would be heavier handed than they were.

Overall, much better than I expected. Now onto playing the pin more!

#4881 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Though most male characters on that show seem to be fodder. They fall into the dead, dumb dumb foil, or villain category all too often. Female characters seem written a bit more teflon, fairly dominant, and lacking less flaws.

FFS.

#4882 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Female characters seem written a bit more teflon, fairly dominant, and lacking less flaws.

Wait, so the female characters are more teflon and dominant, but they have more flaws? If they lack less flaws, that means they have more flaws...this sentence is confusing.

#4883 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, so the female characters are more teflon and dominant, but they have more flaws? If they lack less flaws, that means they have more flaws...this sentence is confusing.

Lacking less flaws than male characters. Many of the male leads in the show seemed foolish, evil or unable to have their own agency. And or die, get killed, disposable, etc. Fodder.

Kinda flip flopped from how most scripts were oriented in lots of media. Ideally a balance can exist. Ideally.

No need to derail, just thought I'd share impressions on the show considering I'd never watched it all of these years.

#4884 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Lacking less flaws than male characters. Many of the male leads in the show seemed foolish, evil or unable to have their own agency. And or die, get killed, disposable, etc. Fodder.
Kinda flip flopped from how most scripts were oriented in lots of media. Ideally a balance can exist. Ideally.
No need to derail, just thought I'd share impressions on the show considering I'd never watched it all of these years.

Barb is worth 100 men! #justice4BARB

#4885 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Barb is worth 100 men! #justice4BARB

Damn. I forgot about her. I liked her. Seemed a nice balance for Nancy. She did get shit on hard. I'd trade her for Will, frankly.

#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Damn. I forgot about her. I liked her. Seemed a nice balance for Nancy. She did get shit on hard. I'd trade her for Will, frankly.

I’ll take whoever she is

9C42CEBB-F9A6-428A-8F2B-1A912D003BCC (resized).png9C42CEBB-F9A6-428A-8F2B-1A912D003BCC (resized).png
#4887 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ll take whoever she is[quoted image]

I'm sure she loves old guys who love pinball lol

#4888 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ll take whoever she is[quoted image]

She was a pretty fun character and actress. Steve grew on me a lot too, (Feels like a Nathan Filion Jr.) and I felt kinda goofy for hoping they'd become a couple.

#4889 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm sure she loves old guys who love pinball lol

You think so,and I thought I wouldn’t have a chance with her

#4890 4 years ago

Stream start?

#4891 4 years ago

Le stream tonight?

#4893 4 years ago

Who and where?

Thx

#4894 4 years ago

Stream running late?

#4896 4 years ago

Turn on notifications and your phone will tell you when he goes live.

#4897 4 years ago

well, setting this shitshow up for streaming cannot be easy.
He better deliver now that he is on payroll....

#4898 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

well, setting this shitshow up for streaming cannot be easy.
He better deliver now that he is on payroll....

#4899 4 years ago

compared to other release streams this thread is dead, go figure

#4900 4 years ago

That did not take long, LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/98?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.