IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 144.
#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

When playing premium or LE Stern requires using a Bell + Howell Tac Visor for projected images to be legible on the screen.
Tac Visors will be available in the Stern accessories store. Not sure if they will have limited edition number stickers on them.

or you could get the B+H tac glasses. this way you can look like pc principal from south park
tac glasses (resized).jpgtac glasses (resized).jpg
pc principal (resized).pngpc principal (resized).png

#4702 4 years ago

Always funny when people dismiss the rankings of long standing highly regarded games, and in the same breath try to spin newly released games and their rankings as some sort of proof of their greatness. No bias there...none at all.

#4703 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Did the Munsters pin kick your dog?

well, we shoot the munsters kitty and spot...

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Did the Munsters pin kick your dog?

I was a big fan of the show growing up. I was hoping for a fun pin to play. I was disappointed, and am not going to sugar coat it. One thing absolutely necessary to make a good lower playfield. It must feel like a part of the rest of the machine. That is, the ball must travel between playfields. None of this isolated system crap. This is why AC/DC and Congo lowers don’t work. The parts must be of similar quality. These kB toys kiddie type flippers and pachinko ball don’t belong in a commercial grade $8k machine. The physics don’t scale. This is why FG Stevie playfield sucks as well. The pro sucks because of awful code and the prem/LE sucks because of awful code and awful lower playfield. This is objectively true.

#4705 4 years ago

The only thing that "objectively sucks" is a vacuum cleaner.

#4706 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I waited for qc issues as well. I can take dimpling all day but when the playfields pool-that's where I draw the line. I also enjoy going into the JP thread and listening to all the guys having to MacGyver their machines. If I wait a few more months I may just get a low play-no pooling, dialed in(By certified MacGyver expert) LE for a decent price? [quoted image]

Ew you're getting a Dialed In?

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from buffetboy88:

Ew you're getting a Dialed In?

With Dialed In you get a shitload of cool stuff toys lighting and great animations.
You also get a solid fast shooting no pooling or chipping playfield!JJP at their best!

#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

With Dialed In you get a shitload of cool stuff toys lighting and great animations.
You also get a solid fast shooting no pooling or chipping playfield!JJP at their best!

But after a while, it's just boring. Not a great long-term pin.

EDIT: Dialed In owners downvoting - surprise! But remember, Denialed In owners...

As you are now, so once was I
As I am now, so you will be
So be prepared to follow me.

#4709 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But after a while, it's just boring. Not a great long-term pin.

That's your opinion and you are wrong sir!

#4710 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It's a clunker.

#4711 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It's a clunker.

You can dislike it for whatever reason you like ,but DI shoots and plays smooth and fast!
Dialed In >>>>>>>>>>>Stanger Things

#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm afraid to purchase Stranger Things.
Bought JP2 and absolutely Love it!
Bought Munsters and absolutely Hated it!
Bought LE Wonka and it's a great game but stupid expensive. (Fun!)
The fear is it looks simple but the hope is enough modes to keep me coming back for more.
Like my Hobbit. (Great Pin)

Ahh. the joy of being on Pinside. Plenty of negativity that makes you second guess all the time!

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It's a clunker.

Thats a first.... many people have had their issues with di but clunker isn't one that comes to mind.

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Many people have had their issues with DI but clunker isn't one that comes to mind.

It might have been better received if it was named Quantum City Chaos (as someone suggested) and didn't focus on the phone.
It would be more attractive if art was of a sexy weather girl (most of the chaos is weather related) instead of the guy with the phone.

#4715 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

It's a clunker.

You are quite literally the only person I have ever heard say that.

#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

instead of the guy with the phone.

or mom jeans.

#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats a first.... many people have had their issues with di but clunker isn't one that comes to mind.

If anything, every time you flip, you hit some shot. They're literally everywhere. Except the SIM of course.

#4718 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It might have been better received if it was named Quantum City Chaos (as someone suggested) and didn't focus on the phone.
It would be more attractive if art was of a sexy weather girl (most of the chaos is weather related) instead of the guy with the phone.

No idea but all I was saying was it's not clunky and a awesome shooting pin. I love the game and quirkiness tho and can appreciate what they were going for. If it wld have been a super popular theme jjp wld of had probably their best seller but it is what it is . Love it or hate it it has a great layout and nice toys

#4719 4 years ago

We need to rename the title of this thread because nobody ever talks about the new Stranger Things game in here.

#4720 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We need to rename the title of this thread became nobody ever talks about the new Stranger Things game in here.

You had your chance and you blew it, Jerry. Wubba lubba dub dub!

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We need to rename the title of this thread became nobody ever talks about the new Stranger Things game in here.

Unfortunately not much to talk about till the premium/le stream and or once they start shipping.

#4723 4 years ago

Looks pretty good imo.. and my gameroom is always that dark or more so.... looking fwd to the stream.

#4724 4 years ago

Thursday!!

#4725 4 years ago

EDIT: maybe not, pan over is pretty dark.

That being said, I don't think it is horrible and I definitely still like the overall idea they are going for here. Execution is still..eh...

I do think the upside down is still pretty lackluster. There was barely any change in lighting. The normal game needs to be brighter, and the upside down needs to be dark.

I do think the changing animations on the drop targets are the best use...we could still do without the movie theater. The ramps work, but looks like they pretty much stay the same all the time? I didn't see the arcade sign change either.

#4726 4 years ago

Well. My machine has a delivery time of late morning tomorrow so I’m pretty stoked. I’m getting a pro model. I ordered a bunch of goodies for it too. Got the deluxe lighting kit for it. Shaker motor from pinball life. Ninja pinballs. And a Couple of cup holders from pinball life as well. Exciting !!

#4727 4 years ago

Looks pretty damn good to me. I think a lot of people are gonna be sorry they backed out.

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

How about you just wait and play the games before buying them?

Because I'm an addict.

#4729 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

EDIT: maybe not, pan over is pretty dark.
That being said, I don't think it is horrible and I definitely still like the overall idea they are going for here. Execution is still..eh...
I do think the upside down is still pretty lackluster. There was barely any change in lighting. The normal game needs to be brighter, and the upside down needs to be dark.
I do think the changing animations on the drop targets are the best use...we could still do without the movie theater. The ramps work, but looks like they pretty much stay the same all the time? I didn't see the arcade sign change either.

It's still early code ..I expect more content out of the projector and code overall in the months to come. U know how stern is.....

#4730 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Looks pretty damn good to me. I think a lot of people are gonna be sorry they backed out.

Are all LE’s gone?

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hate to break the news to you. ALL resale value of ANY Nib these days is going down
Either buy to keep or
Don’t worry about a loss on resale. Some bigger than others
A glut of new games with more coming equals secondary market deals
Buy what you like. If you have to worry about resale you shouldn’t be putting $$$ down in the first place

Or get more people to route games, make some money, then sell and be ahead. A hot title will be in your favor!

#4732 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Well. My machine has a delivery time of late morning tomorrow so I’m pretty stoked. I’m getting a pro model. I ordered a bunch of goodies for it too. Got the deluxe lighting kit for it. Shaker motor from pinball life. Ninja pinballs. And a Couple of cup holders from pinball life as well. Exciting !!

What is a deluxe lighting kit?

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotman:

I'm assuming pinstadiums from the dealer?

#4734 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That's your opinion and you are wrong sir!

Well, after spending 6 months with it and being bored to death the last couple months, pretty sure my opinion of Dialed In isn't changing, barring a major overhaul of the code design. Second weakest JJP pin.

#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotman:

#4736 4 years ago

Well I think that the projector looks pretty dang good in the video. What can we complain about now?? Damn you Stern!!

#4737 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I think that the projector looks pretty dang good in the video. What can we complain about now?? Damn you Stern!!

An ALR (ambient light rejecting) screen material mod would be all that is needed for those that are very worried. The contrast will be boosted greatly vs just trying to increase screen gain. It will still look like a projected image, but you dont want it to look like just another LCD was placed there.

#4738 4 years ago

Op made our game shallower... demogorgon shot went from 'in your dreams' to very makable and shooting like you'd expect it. So experiment with shallow if you are having problems with the ball sailing high on the demogorgon shot.

#4739 4 years ago

LIVE NOW: Stern Pinball rules designer Mike Vinikour in tha house playing and talking Stranger Things Pinball!

AND FREE BANNER GIVEAWAY!

twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

D8ECFACD-DB18-463B-BA53-7249DDBC7BB8 (resized).jpegD8ECFACD-DB18-463B-BA53-7249DDBC7BB8 (resized).jpeg
#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

LIVE NOW: Stern Pinball rules designer Mike Vinikour in tha house playing and talking Stranger Things Pinball!
AND FREE BANNER GIVEAWAY!
twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball[quoted image]

Cant watch the stream right now unfortunately but I will definitely be watching this tomorrow. Mike Vinikour is awesome, quite possibly the coolest guy Stern has.

#4742 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Or they’ll just back right in.

Stern pre orders are kind of meaningless since they are apparently refundable if you read a pinside comment that rocks your world and you change your mind. Preorders exist mostly now for people to either hype themselves up on a game they’ll have in a few weeks, or so they have something they can cancel in a huff to protest whatever injustice against humanity they think stern is committing this week.

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cant watch the stream right now unfortunately but I will definitely be watching this tomorrow. Mike Vinikour is awesome, quite possibly the coolest guy Stern has.

The fact that Mike V. was developing the rules with Eddy and Lonnie helped put this one over the top for me.

#4745 4 years ago

Premium looks sic!
Projector over the top.
Wow!

#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The fact that Mike V. was developing the rules with Eddy and Lonnie helped put this one over the top for me.

I agree, Mike knows his sh*t. He's a great guy for Stern to have.

#4747 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Because I'm an addict.

3m1pq4 (resized).jpg3m1pq4 (resized).jpg
#4748 4 years ago

Yeah I’m liking also ! looks cool but I do wanna see more assets and the projector utilized to the fullest. No more under used ghostbusters hologram ! I think this pin can be bad ass. It could have the ability to change the majority of the environment.

#4749 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It does look good, the upside down looks really cool... Can't wait to see more as the code develops

#4750 4 years ago

I played the LE, prem and pro at CES. With the lights on the projector showed up but only the main colored items. LIke the spinning arcade sign, the large white screen and you could make out arrows on the ramp sides. One issue I don't know if people thought about was the projector being focused correctly. The LE's projector was out of focus and kinda fuzzy. I didn't get the play with the lights off :/

As for game play...ehh only had a few games on each. It didn't have the fun feel of a MM or afm. Sound was low ish so hard to hear except for main call outs. With it being a "new" mm/afm it didn't feel fun to me...ramps were hard to hit, the demi was hard to get the ball in the mouth, drains felt super cheap when the ball would eject out of the scoop, hit the targets and come down, usually out the left outlane. I'm sure they are still testing for reasons, but people should play the game for sure. I think it has lots of potential.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/95?hl=davisjl1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.