IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 144.
#4651 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

JJP will be. They already have people testing WiFi connectivity for updating.

Yeah I am aware of the testing. As soon as it's a standard feature that comes with the game I think things will accelerate. Lots of cool stuff possible. Operator alerts, earnings, adjustments, remote code updates. For the home player they could have some cool stuff also. Stern has the head 2 head competitions with two games next to each other where they try to complete certain game objectives first. That could translate to online very easily.

#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

im sure its great, but couldnt bring myself to support Jimmy Fallon haha

Amen brother!

#4653 4 years ago

For owners how’s the change into the upside down handled with the newest code? I know on release code people where saying other than the lcd you wouldn’t know you where in the upside down, has that changed with the latest code? Thanks.

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah I am aware of the testing. As soon as it's a standard feature that comes with the game I think things will accelerate. Lots of cool stuff possible. Operator alerts, earnings, adjustments, remote code updates. For the home player they could have some cool stuff also. Stern has the head 2 head competitions with two games next to each other where they try to complete certain game objectives first. That could translate to online very easily.

Yea all exciting stuff. Except the online part. People cheat. So I would only ever play online with people I know don’t have the glass off. :p

#4655 4 years ago

In 1999, one could add an Ethernet card to a P2K game and gain the ability to telnet into the machine and do all sorts of things... activate or end modes, control flippers and other devices, check logs, tilt the machine, etc. Was possible to play the game remotely by triggering commands. The game also had a rudimentary web server that offered a cool high-score page to anyone who browsed it. This was 1999. Hopefully Stern/JJP's implementation today is just as useful and interesting.

#4657 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

In 1999, one could add an Ethernet card to a P2K game and gain the ability to telnet into the machine and do all sorts of things... activate or end modes, control flippers and other devices, check logs, tilt the machine, etc. Was possible to play the game remotely by triggering commands. The game also had a rudimentary web server that offered a cool high-score page to anyone who browsed it. This was 1999. Hopefully Stern/JJP's implementation today is just as useful and interesting.

Wow.

Now that is awesome !

But the question must be asked.. was anyone afraid their P2K games were going to brick because of a possible Y2K bug? Haha

#4658 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are the first person ever I’ve heard named Levy spelled with an i.

Try leaving Texas occasionally.

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Try leaving Texas occasionally.

There is that one guy that makes pants.

#4660 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I went up to Nebraska last week to play some pinball and I noticed that they had tax stickers on the pinball machines. I bet it won't be long until the state will mandate access through the internet to verify audits for tax purposes.

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

I went up to Nebraska last week to play some pinball and I noticed that they had tax stickers on the pinball machines. I bet it won't be long until the state will mandate access through the internet to verify audits for tax purposes.

Google meets pinball.

#4662 4 years ago

Head to head play over the internet would have been perfect for this title, the telicanises that El does in season 3 would be a good segway. However it makes me worried when it does come around about privacy? A camera on a machine that can be hacked to prying eyes. Scary Things.

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Head to head play over the internet would have been perfect for this title, the telicanises that El does in season 3 would be a good segway. However it makes me worried when it does come around about privacy? A camera on a machine that can be hacked to prying eyes. Scary Things.

I dont see head to head becoming a big thing because you got two pinball machines that will be set up totally different probably. That just doesn’t really seem competitive to me or fun.

#4664 4 years ago

Honestly speaking I think the biggest issue the game is going to have is resale value. Give it a few months and once the rose colored glasses come off the value is going to tank. I hope not as bad as Munsters and black knight heck even elvira 3 value is already dropping. Got to play a st pro though. Was fun and i hope the game becomes what people want it to be

#4665 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Honestly speaking I think the biggest issue the game is going to have is resale value. Give it a few months and once the rose colored glasses come off the value is going to tank. I hope not as bad as Munsters and black knight heck even elvira 3 value is already dropping. Got to play a st pro though. Was fun and i hope the game becomes what people want it to be

Well that's ok in my book because anyone who buys a game and is worried about resale value should be looking for another hobby anyways. I have a beautiful black and white Munsters and I dont care if the value on it drops to a hundred dollars because I'm never selling it anyways. I didn't buy it to sell, I bought it to play and enjoy.

#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well that's ok in my book because anyone who buys a game and is worried about resale value should be looking for another hobby anyways. I have a beautiful black and white Munsters and I dont care if the value on it drops to a hundred dollars because I'm never selling it anyways. I didn't buy it to sell, I bought it to play and enjoy.

if that happens ill give you 2 hundred dollars because im a nice guy and fellow Bengal fan

#4667 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

if that happens ill give you 2 hundred dollars because im a nice guy and fellow Bengal fan

Lol yes you are a really nice guy but you ain't getting it for 200! You can make a small one hour road trip though and play it for free as often as you like.

#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

As whodey pointed out, some people get games they like and intend to keep. I only have 1 pin to date (soon to be 2), but im not buying games with intent to sell.

Additionally, the 3 titles you mentioned have a very niche fan base in terms of theme. I personally LOVE the munsters theme, but know it isnt for everyone. While not an expert, I dont see stranger things suffering from the same issue. Hell, ive been seeing low play Maiden premiums for low 6k, and that game is bad ass!

#4669 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol yes you are a really nice guy but you ain't getting it for 200! You can make a small one hour road trip though and play it for free as often as you like.

ill take you up on that! Joe Burrow draft party at your place?

#4670 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

If I'm not working. I work crazy shifts but if you ever want to come down we will work out a day and time and make it happen. I got 7 pinball machines and a bubble hockey. I just sold my GOT like an idiot.

#4671 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Give it a few months and once the rose colored glasses come off the value is going to tank.

It will all depend on how good the game turns out to be(code will need to be spectacular). Lots of recent Stern LE machines have been taking a big hit within a year or so after release. Some are taking a $1500-$2000 hit shortly after initial release. I think the AC/DC LE/Tron LE days are over and nowadays LE's are simply not holding the value they once did. Now the only title coming out that may be different imo is Stern Led Zeppelin. That theme may have enough of a following to justify the LE going up in value due to supply and demand(If it is a well designed game)? The thing about Stranger Things is it is a niche sitcom that in ten years from now people will probably not care about or remember. A blip on the screen in terms of themes over the decades.

Yes people should not purchase a machine as an investment-it is a hobby. I agree 100% with this but I also do not wish to take a bath on games either-nobody does. If people who want to enjoy the game upon release and experience the code as it matures may not be able to come close to breaking even a year or so later and that is ok. Some people are willing to wait it out and purchase games at a discount a year or so later. I used to get so excited for new releases and I used to love riding the beta code train, but now I am content watching on the sidelines(playing on route) until the game matures with code and takes the secondary market hit. Still love pinball because-it is a hobby but at the same time conscious about the money- spent on the hobby. Finding the balance is key.

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

All stern pros and premiums settle in to a safe range on resale. 45-48 on a pro, 58-63 on a prem. STh is no different.

The only outlier over the last 5 years have been WWE.

PS. I buy pins to play and enjoy. I invest in IRA’s

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Huge party at Who-Dey’s this spring I think. Hell I’ll drive the 10 hours one way.

#4674 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

With 8+ games coming out a year they are all going to loose value. I can't think of one game recently that hasn't unless its a limited number like rick and morty probably. Talk about a blip in time.

#4675 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I can't think of one game recently that hasn't

Well I am patiently waiting for Jurassic Park LE to hit my sweet spot of $7500. I may be waiting for some time because that game has actually turned out to be a stellar game. The layout is freaking bonkers and it may not take much of a hit because people want it(including myself). Anyone want to sell me a JP LE for $7500

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I am patiently waiting for Jurassic Park LE to hit my sweet spot of $7500. I may be waiting for some time because that game has actually turned out to be a stellar game. The layout is freaking bonkers and it may not take much of a hit because people want it(including myself). Anyone want to sell me a JP LE for $7500

It's a masterpiece. If they get their playfield quality up I will buy one..

#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If they get their playfield quality up I will buy one..

I waited for qc issues as well. I can take dimpling all day but when the playfields pool-that's where I draw the line. I also enjoy going into the JP thread and listening to all the guys having to MacGyver their machines. If I wait a few more months I may just get a low play-no pooling, dialed in(By certified MacGyver expert) LE for a decent price?

mac.jpgmac.jpg
#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yeah. Jurassic Park LE and Dead Pool LE are two recent Stern's that have broken the trend of taking a $1.5k - $2k hit within 6 months on resale. Each of those games has a better perceived value in my mind then Stranger Things LE. It's amazing just how much better a game looks with at least metal habit rails if not also metal ramps. The 100% plastic ramps on all Elvira and Stranger Things? I know some people will say it makes for buttery smooth gameplay but it also makes those games look cheap and at the higher prices points of $7k-$9k+ a game should look anything but cheap.

The only thing that will save Stranger Things resale is incredible code in terms of depth, variety, and mode choreography. Stern can do it but it will take time and as we all know it's basically a lottery whether or not the game will receive the proper code support owners deserve.

#4679 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jurassic Park LE and Dead Pool LE are two recent Stern's that have broken the trend of taking a $1.5k - $2k hit within 6 months on resale

I think those games are still new and to be honest I do not believe they are completely sold out with distributors yet? They are great games so-time will tell on those two?

#4680 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think those games are still new and to be honest I do not believe they are completely sold out with distributors yet? They are great games so-time will tell on those two?

Jurassic Park LE and Deadpool LE seem to be sold out at distributors. I've seen a couple NIB ones being offered for sale but for well over the standard price.

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've seen a couple NIB ones being offered for sale but for well over the standard price.

Those are the same guys that do that for every title-using for trade bait. I am sure if someone called around you can still find these NIB?

#4682 4 years ago

Just buy the premium

Quoted from pinmister:

#4683 4 years ago

The life of game's value is a long journey.

It's true that most recent games have gone down in value, but generally speaking, pinball machines trend up in value over the long haul.

With so many games now being produced, there is a lot of churn as people sell games for money and space, but in the grand scheme of things, most new titles are still produced in low numbers and all are "rare" in a sense.

I bought my first games when I was 23 in 2002, and just about anything I could have bought then has gone up dramatically in price.

Only time will tell, but it will be interesting to see in the next 10 years how the games being made today are perceived.

As games go out of production, more and more people come into the hobby, code updates, more games find permanent homes in basements and don't leave, people "rediscover" a game, new game prices increase etc...a lot of variables go into a game's value/perception in the long run.

You couldn't give away a Congo back in the day...today's munsters might be tomorrow's Congo.

#4684 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

All stern pros and premiums settle in to a safe range on resale. 45-48 on a pro, 58-63 on a prem. STh is no different.
PS. I buy pins to play and enjoy. I invest in IRA’s

I would be all over resale pricing in this range on the daily, but then people add so many mods that they think the game is worth hundreds more. Some mods make sense, but others just add undesired cost IMO.

#4685 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Dont forget Xmen.
Edit: Damn that came out almost 8 years ago. Time flies.

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Dont forget Xmen.
Edit: Damn that came out almost 8 years ago. Time flies.

X-men LE was the original "10K by xmas" game; now you can get two for that price (especially considering inflation).

#4687 4 years ago

PURE FUN! Singing LIVE TO WIN!

This is what pinball media is all about. Bridging the gap between the manufacturer and consumer, all in the name of the silver ball!

Viewers called-in LIVE to sing their way to win a Stranger Things Pinball banner. Special thanks to Ken Cromwell, Brian Eddy, and Stern Pinball.

Flip N Out Pinball Streaming Channel

It’s Not Just A Stream. It’s A Show.

twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Those are good words to preach but the reality is a lot of people are buying Nib and selling because A. they are bored with it or B. Because there is something new coming out and they need funds and or space. Hence why there are and have been an above average of games basically nib selling with 200 or less plays. There's a strong possibility that if the projector isn't as amazing as it's being hyped to be the game's value is going to go the way of Munsters, Black knight, Beatles etc. I'm hoping it does well because i know this theme is something people have wanted for a long time

#4689 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I hate to break the news to you. ALL resale value of ANY Nib these days is going down

Either buy to keep or

Don’t worry about a loss on resale. Some bigger than others

A glut of new games with more coming equals secondary market deals

Buy what you like. If you have to worry about resale you shouldn’t be putting $$$ down in the first place

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No chance here. Lol

Buy a premium. Be happy

It’s the #5 ranked game of all time despite Stern shitty quality. Oh wait, how did it get there again? Yeah no, my LE is great condition and quality

I own MBRLE and sold AFMrLE, two pins ranked ahead and what pinball companies should strive for?

Well, JPLE blows away both of those games, along with MM and TZ

#4691 4 years ago

I'm afraid to purchase Stranger Things.

Bought JP2 and absolutely Love it!

Bought Munsters and absolutely Hated it!

Bought LE Wonka and it's a great game but stupid expensive. (Fun!)

The fear is it looks simple but the hope is enough modes to keep me coming back for more.
Like my Hobbit. (Great Pin)

#4692 4 years ago

Any word on when the prem/LE is going to be streamed?

#4693 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Any word on when the prem/LE is going to be streamed?

Today. lol. But def this week.

https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip/videos/485765605708526/

#4694 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'm afraid to purchase Stranger Things.
Bought JP2 and absolutely Love it!
Bought Munsters and absolutely Hated it!
Bought LE Wonka and it's a great game but stupid expensive. (Fun!)
The fear is it looks simple but the hope is enough modes to keep me coming back for more.
Like my Hobbit. (Great Pin)

How about you just wait and play the games before buying them?

#4695 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

How about you just wait and play the games before buying them?

Yep. Wait until code is complete and then pick up a NIB a couple years after it comes out if they nail it. That’s what I did with TWD premium. By the time I got my NIB second run, code was complete and all the playfield issues that plagued the LEs had been worked out at the factory.

For every really good coded Stern, there are 2 or 3 stinkers like Black Knight or Munsters. Did they ever fix Munsters code? Or is it still that abysmal, stack jackpots and try to cash in later nonsense? Boy that game is just a hot mess of suckage. I wouldn’t hold out much hope for good code on Stranger Things with Lonnie in charge.

#4696 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yep. Wait until code is complete and then pick up a NIB a couple years after it comes out if they nail it. That’s what I did with TWD premium. By the time I got my NIB second run, code was complete and all the playfield issues that plagued the LEs had been worked out at the factory.
For every really good coded Stern, there are 2 or 3 stinkers like Black Knight or Munsters. Did they ever fix Munsters code? Or is it still that abysmal, stack jackpots nonsense? Boy that game is just a hot mess of suckage. I wouldn’t hold out much hope for good code on Stranger Things with Lonnie in charge.

As usual, more babbling BS by you. Some things never change.

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

For every really good coded Stern, there are 2 or 3 stinkers like Black Knight or Munsters. Did they ever fix Munsters code? Or is it still that abysmal, stack jackpots and try to cash in later nonsense? Boy that game is just a hot mess of suckage. I wouldn’t hold out much hope for good code on Stranger Things with Lonnie in charge.

Unfortunately Munsters is still in the state that most people don't enjoy.

Dwight has said that there is no intention of revisiting the code but i wouldn't put it past him once he gets a little free time in his schedule. The game is such a good shooter with a stunning art package. It would be nice if they came back to it and made things a little deeper.

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Unfortunately Munsters is still in the state that most people don't enjoy.
Dwight has said that there is no intention of revisiting the code but i wouldn't put it past him once he gets a little free time in his schedule. The game is such a good shooter with a stunning art package. It would be nice if they came back to it and made things a little deeper.

Too bad. Another reason not to buy early. No incentive to fix the code. If Dwight and Stern think that Munsters code is acceptable than they are as delusional as the owners who claim to love it. The pro is a good shooter, and the premium art looks great. But that cheesy kB toys lower playfield was an epic fail.

#4699 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Too bad. Another reason not to buy early. No incentive to fix the code. If Dwight and Stern think that Munsters code is acceptable than they are as delusional as the owners who claim to love it. The pro is a good shooter, and the premium art looks great. But that cheesy kB toys lower playfield was an epic fail.

Lol you are nuts dude. It's the best lower playfield in pinball history and the code is pretty damn fun. Yes it needs a couple minor tweaks but Munsters is pretty damn fun and I dont know what the hell you are talking about with Black Knights code because its pretty damn good also.

#4700 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Did the Munsters pin kick your dog?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 18.95
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/94?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.