IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 144.
#4601 4 years ago

I just took a massive dump and it felt good. I'm calling it a day at work, which really isn't "work", gonna fire up the pins and hammer down a few.......

Yes life is good, living the pinball dream

Carry on

#4602 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

When playing premium or LE Stern requires using a Bell + Howell Tac Visor for projected images to be legible on the screen.
Tac Visors will be available in the Stern accessories store. Not sure if they will have limited edition number stickers on them.

??? So they are recommending headgear to enhance the image?

#4603 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

??? So they are recommending headgear to enhance the image?

he is trying (really hard) to be funny.

#4604 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

he is trying (really hard) to be funny.

Seemed plausible.

#4605 4 years ago

Wait, TZ is a failure... at 15K units made? Stern needs 8 titles and a year to hit that mark

#4606 4 years ago

My buddy Kman......

1) Stop "bullying" us NIB Stern buyers into NOT buying Stern. It's our money, quit raining on our F ing parade! Non-stop, 24/7 with Stern. There are plenty of things i'd like to see get better and agree on with but you need to focus on the positive every now and then. JURASSIC PARK. Where are the shit all over it podcasts for that one? Same quality? One of the greatest pins ever. You can't wait to drop a dump on Stern when its convenient.

2) I love it when a "marketing" guy rants on and on about giving a pinball company "business advice"! Your clients would laugh your ass right out of the room if you went into a pitch like you do on your podcast. You are trying to take a complicated issue and make it simple. It's not. And the math leaves a bit to be desired. But again, I agree with a lot of the things you are saying, just not how to get there. No worries, i'll help you out soon enough....

3) The shitty commentary on Stranger Things is WAY premature. Good or bad.

4) Just one time, call the Crazy man by his real name, Levi is pronounced "Lee Vigh" or sounds like "be high".

It's all good brother, excellent entertainment as usual, partly because its so f ing ridiculous though You are correct about one thing for sure, we are all passionate about this hobby.

My new nickname for you is "ONE WAY K"

#4607 4 years ago

Levee is the correct pronunciation

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bye bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the Levy, but the Levy was dry....Lol

Wtf is that? Spell your name right then Levy! Levy, you ain't heavy, you are still Kman's brother

#4609 4 years ago

Came back to read about 'strange things' or projector-gate in the worst (I thought) case.

Ended up finding a new pinside low with religious posts. That really is unacceptable. Thanks to kpg for speaking up eloquently

#4610 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Came back to read about 'strange things' or projector-gate in the worst (I thought) case.
Ended up finding a new pinside low with religious posts. That really is unacceptable. Thanks to kpg for speaking up eloquently

Let's move on to dumps, dumb Kman commentary on STH and fixing my man Levy's name.....Come on now!

Quit bringing this shit up. Back to bashing Stern thread!!! Let it go

#4611 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You can get 2012 AC/DC Luci it doesn't have any of the newer issues. You'll get mild dimples, but not craters.

But then you get old issues like cloudy windows. Every time had his own issues. Whitestar, SAM and now Spike.

#4612 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

But then you get old issues like cloudy windows. Every time had his own issues. Whitestar, SAM and now Spike.

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe most of the cloudy window issue was solved by the time Luci's were released...at least for the most part. Mine doesn't have the issue.

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe most of the cloudy window issue was solved by the time Luci's were released...at least for the most part. Mine doesn't have the issue.

The cloudy window issue was corrected fairly quickly...Stern did many "runs" of AC/DC.

#4614 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Agreed. It's amazing the way people like Levi feel the need to blaspheme when they have no belief in the person they use to blaspheme, namely Jesus Christ.
If you don’t believe in God, then go in peace and live happily; but why do you constantly feel compelled to use foul language on God and His only begotten Son and Savior Jesus Christ? It's looking more and more like a type of Tourette's syndrome.
More than likely, atheists really know that God exists, but some have had personal issues with their own father so they equate their relationship with God to the bad one they have with their father. And they want to hit Him and people who believe in Him; otherwise, as they like to point out God is no different from the Easter Bunny, and as people who don’t believe in the Easter Bunny just go about life happily without believing in the Easter Bunny, so also if you don’t believe in God, then go about life happily without God.
No need to blaspheme and use foul language on Jesus and people who believe in Jesus.

This is NOT the Easter Bunny damned place to go off about your belief system.

#4615 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Back to the topic at hand.
I consider myself a newbie even though I have lucked into collecting a few of my favorite themes over the past couple of years.
Trying to talk the wife into getting a Stern Stranger Things as we love the show!
I am hesitant though because of what I've read about the excessive dimpling and pooling (whatever that is).
Thoughts?

"Back on topic"
-brings up dimpling again.......

#4616 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Its fast, similar to AFM in terms of starting modes. I did grew tired of AFM after about a year though. The Demogordon shots are dangerous for SDTM so use ball save and other mutliballs modes to knock down. I like all the different modes from the movie, seem to be randomized for each side. (red or yellow inserts). The Demogordon is a makeable shot, play better. Inner loop modes are cool, more movie clips. Spell Demodog and I think there are 3 different modes for that. Lots of modes. The music is so cool plus subwoofer. The callouts to date are worse than the hillbilly from TWD. I was going to sell TWD just because of that until the custom sound updates came out. The other thing I have going on is JP is kicking my ass, so ST is much more of a shottable game for me right now.

Really cool and thanks for the time to post this.

Unfortunate about the callouts but I am hoping they add some more callouts since they did hire David Harbour to make custom ones. But the cool thing is that can be modified in Pinball browser so it's not a big deal.

I don't know if I will regret this or not, but F-it.. life is short and I am going to roll the dice on another Lonnie game. I am back in for my LE order on this one, and I will be the first to experiment with different projector screen material and post the results here. I might even fire up Pinball browser myself and do an alternate sound package like I did with TWD (I was inspired by cleland)

But at the end of the day I am setting my expectations that this may not be the best pin Stern has released, it may not be a bad ass loaded Keith Elwin pin, and will not have insane Lyman code.

But, the theme seems like fun and that's what this is all about right guys? Just playing a simple game.. flip the flippers and try to beat your previous score. That's why we are all here, because we all enjoy these grown up man-toys

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

"Back on topic"
-brings up dumpling again.......

What's dumpling? Dimpling is a real concern for those of us willing to plonk down big $$$ for dream themes.

#4618 4 years ago

Wasn’t interested until this...game sounds tasty!

#4619 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

he’s right you know. Rhymes with Chevy.

#4620 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

What's dumpling? Dimpling is a real concern for those of us willing to plonk down big $$$ for dream themes.

Some don’t care. I’m one that doesn’t. Getting a LE too. Dreamiest of the dream themes for me.

#4621 4 years ago

Wondering if any Brian Eddy fans who already own B/W MM and AFM or the CGC remakes, feel compelled to add Stern STh to complete the series. I chose AFM over MM because I enjoy playing it more and didn’t have room for MM also.

I am finding STh is a really good compliment to AFM because of the flow, rules and the cool Demogorgon toy. I will likely buy a STh pro in the future. Mod #1 will be to buy or make an alternate translite.

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

he’s right you know. Rhymes with Chevy.

You are the first person ever I’ve heard named Levy spelled with an i.

I think you are f ing with your brother Kman. Lol

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Really cool and thanks for the time to post this.
Unfortunate about the callouts but I am hoping they add some more callouts since they did hire David Harbour to make custom ones. But the cool thing is that can be modified in Pinball browser so it's not a big deal.
I don't know if I will regret this or not, but F-it.. life is short and I am going to roll the dice on another Lonnie game. I am back in for my LE order on this one, and I will be the first to experiment with different projector screen material and post the results here. I might even fire up Pinball browser myself and do an alternate sound package like I did with TWD (I was inspired by cleland)
But at the end of the day I am setting my expectations that this may not be the best pin Stern has released, it may not be a bad ass loaded Keith Elwin pin, and will not have insane Lyman code.
But, the theme seems like fun and that's what this is all about right guys? Just playing a simple game.. flip the flippers and try to beat your previous score. That's why we are all here, because we all enjoy these grown up man-toys

KPG you have come a long way in your pinball evolution. The right attitude is everything.

#4624 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My buddy Kman......
1) Stop "bullying" us NIB Stern buyers into NOT buying Stern. It's our money, quit raining on our F ing parade! Non-stop, 24/7 with Stern. There are plenty of things i'd like to see get better and agree on with but you need to focus on the positive every now and then. JURASSIC PARK. Where are the shit all over it podcasts for that one? Same quality? One of the greatest pins ever. You can't wait to drop a dump on Stern when its convenient.
2) I love it when a "marketing" guy rants on and on about giving a pinball company "business advice"! Your clients would laugh your ass right out of the room if you went into a pitch like you do on your podcast. You are trying to take a complicated issue and make it simple. It's not. And the math leaves a bit to be desired. But again, I agree with a lot of the things you are saying, just not how to get there. No worries, i'll help you out soon enough....
3) The shitty commentary on Stranger Things is WAY premature. Good or bad.
4) Just one time, call the Crazy man by his real name, Levi is pronounced "Lee Vigh" or sounds like "be high".
It's all good brother, excellent entertainment as usual, partly because its so f ing ridiculous though You are correct about one thing for sure, we are all passionate about this hobby.
My new nickname for you is "ONE WAY K"

Downvoted by the handful of usual sycophants. LOL

Stay tuned for big Kman announcement tomorrow. STH update? Macho Man? Twipy?

Or adios again? Lighten the F up people.

#4625 4 years ago

what are you drinking tonight iceman?

also, email me those documents when you get a chance.

#4626 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what are you drinking tonight

Found some of these really strong drinks called Buzz Ballz the other night at a local liquor store-they are small but they pack a mighty punch. I was surprised by how strong they were, you can get wasted quickly-also tasty.
Buzz Ballz.pngBuzz Ballz.png

Buzz Ballz..pngBuzz Ballz..png
#4627 4 years ago

Thinking about Stern deciding to use the center lockdown bar button for rolling a dye during a multi-ball. Seems like Stern is trying to appease people by just throwing something in there quickly for code to show that the button does something? If you roll a certain number you kill the Demogorgan? That does not sound like very much of a challenge? I would like to see a risk reward for the center button, not necessarily 'bashing demo-dogs' but something beside a rolling of the dye?

#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what are you drinking tonight iceman?
also, email me those documents when you get a chance.

I would have done it Hilton but you and Kman reported me for "abuse" in the not to be mentioned thread. LOL

I help my friends out.

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would have done it Hilton but you and Kman reported me for "abuse" in the not to be mentioned thread. LOL
I help my friends out.

I have zero clue what you are talking about iceman. I never report you for anything.

#4630 4 years ago

I kind of like this thread again. It's almost gone full circle of crazy. I'll add

Grab a beer and listen to a song called stranger things by a band called Band Royale.

Then jump in a hot tub with a cold beer and you'll have me right now.

Enjoy that 65 degree weekend Pennsylvania

#4631 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Damn, nice score! How did you blow it up? Did you go heavy multi ball or modes or both?

I played one game after updating code and put 1.6 billion today on factory settings. It's still very bonus heavy. Very GOTG reminiscent. If you can do well ball 1 or early on you carry that bonus through the game. I had 3 extra balls so if you get your multiplier up, you can get some monster points during bonus. I had a bonus of 560 million on one ball and my base bonus was 83 million + by the end of the game without multipliers. I always try to stack modes and multiballs since you do get some points from that, but it's the Super Jackpots that add up...very GOTG-esq as well. Having double scoring running doesn't hurt obviously. I was one right ramp shot away from the 2nd Total Isolation, so I was a little disappointed I didn't get to see what that had to offer, especially since my first one wasn't great. The one on route here is almost impossible to flipper pass on, so it's difficult to get those right side shots as the ball seems to like to end up on the right flipper most of the time. You have to use the left ramp or left orbit and have it come all the way around and roll over to the left flipper to get shots at those on this one.

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Downvoted by the handful of usual sycophants. LOL
Stay tuned for big Kman announcement tomorrow. STH update? Macho Man? Twipy?
Or adios again? Lighten the F up people.

Why you angry bro?

#4633 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have zero clue what you are talking about iceman. I never report you for anything.

Ok Hilton, just kidding, you got it. Love to help, give me a few days.

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why you angry bro?

? I'm happy bro. Life is good Jonesy. Even keel. Lol

Btw, i support my man Kman but I'll call his ass out

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

? I'm happy bro. Life is good Jonesy. Even keel. Lol
Btw, i support my man Kman

Good stuff!

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok Hilton, just kidding, you got it. Love to help, give me a few days.

thanks ice! much appreciated

#4637 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please show me a pic of a 1 month old playfield no good gofers so we can compare.
The point is you are all crazy and wood is wood and all pinball games look like this eventually. You are ruining pinball with this nonsense by corrupting the minds of untold numbers of clueless, impressionable newbies who are obsessed with a complete non issue.
Stop it!

Wood is not just wood. It is one of the most complicated materials in existance.

#4638 4 years ago

I would think the game you would want to introduce internet connectivity to " teleconicisses" would be Strangers Things. Not "Teenage mutant ninja turtles"?
Missed the boat.

#4639 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

I've bought 2 nib Stern dream themes in the last 2 years. You? If you are trying to get this thread "back on topic", why dont you take your concerns to one of the many threads discussing the dimpling issues.

#4640 4 years ago

This thread is a COMPLETE disaster! I think that is something everyone can agree with.

#4641 4 years ago

Quoted from drfrightner:This thread is a COMPLETE disaster! I think that is something everyone can agree with.

That's probably the first time you post something I can completely agree upon!

#4642 4 years ago

Very simple, if you don’t like dimpling, don’t play the game, hence no dimpling. Personally I love dimpling, it reminds me of how much I have enjoyed the game. Think about it! Now let’s talk about PATINA, it is the beautiful result of weathering. Perfectly natural and indeed a part of nature. Just beautiful!!!

#4643 4 years ago

Played the pro for about an hour yesterday. The game definitely grows on you. Demogorgon shot is tough but doable. Hit 2 in the hour. Theme and art were cool. Can’t wait to get an LE.

#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I would think the game you would want to introduce internet connectivity to " teleconicisses" would be Strangers Things. Not "Teenage mutant ninja turtles"?
Missed the boat.

To be fair, when they release it I think it’s just going to allow you to use it for updates and maybe communicating audits.

#4645 4 years ago

Recap of season 1 rap song by Millie Bobby Brown-I found it to be entertaining(45 million views)...

Bad news-when you see that bloody nose-Ha

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Recap of season 1 rap song by Millie Bobby Brown-I found it to be entertaining(45 million views)...

Bad news-when you see that bloody nose-Ha

im sure its great, but couldnt bring myself to support Jimmy Fallon haha

#4647 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be fair, when they release it I think it’s just going to allow you to use it for updates and maybe communicating audits.

I know, I'm afraid we'll still have to wait another 5 years to have online battles. I would get one just to challenge you sometimes. That would be fun! Perfect title for such a debute.

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I know, I'm afraid we'll still have to wait another 5 years to have online battles. I would get one just to challenge you sometimes. That would be fun! Perfect title for such a debute.

Yeah I thought STH would unveil this too. Dwight was really excited about this new WiFi stuff when I was talking with him last year so I’m sure it will evolve into some really cool features.

I just hope that it can be added to the games that weren’t released with it.

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just hope that it can be added to the games that weren’t released with it.

It's certainly possible. The question there is wether Stern thinks it is worth the development effort to add it to existing games. I'm petty surprised also that they haven't released it yet. I bet if JJP started releasing it built in to the games, we would see it quicker.

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It's certainly possible. The question there is wether Stern thinks it is worth the development effort to add it to existing games. I'm petty surprised also that they haven't released it yet. I bet if JJP started releasing it built in to the games, we would see it quicker.

JJP will be. They already have people testing WiFi connectivity for updating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/93?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.