IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 144.
#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Agreed I don't drain many but this one is beyond ridiculous both about and not about the game, literally 1% of posts are even of relevance.
Onto the club thread and please all you experts on everything and keyboard warriors keep your stupid discussions in here.

The more the merrier in the club thread. Tell your friends! Haha

#4552 4 years ago

Guys, I'm a Christian, believe in God and Jesus and go to church on Sundays.

This isn't the place for it. It's a forum for a pinball machine lol.

Some Christian's are just super sensitive on this topic, look, I get it. But there's a time and place and a thread about a Stranger Things pinball machine isn't it.

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look I'm the expert on carguments. I INVENTED the term for Christ's sake!
But the toastergument is more apt, as the very first toasters were in fact commercial devices, whilst cars have always been available and marketed to the general public!
OHHHH YEAHHHHHH

I take it this started it.

#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Onto the club thread and please all you experts on everything and keyboard warriors keep your stupid discussions in here.

There are only a few bad apples in this thread causing shit. Wish we could eject trolls from a thread-but that is not yet an option.

As for religion-I do not wish to debate and it is not allowed(nor should it be). It all comes down to respect and common decency.

-If you want to go in the owners thread and circle jerk each other-more power to you. I hope to join the club eventually if the game code meets my expectations. For now we can have open discussions and discuss both the good and the bad. What I would like to see is this thread have more civil conversations. People can agree to disagree-but don't be a douche about it and try and belittle people you do not agree with. Try and be kind and treat people with respect(deep breath)-now back to Stranger Things talk-good or bad.

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I take it this started it.

The way I read this is that many people use that as a saying without any negative intention. Same way people say "Jesus Christ!' when certain things happen. I give Levi a pass here.

I think many of us Christian's need to relax and stop being so sensitive. Makes us look bad.

#4556 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The way I read this is that many people use that as a saying without any negative intention. Same way people say "Jesus Christ!' when certain things happen.
I think many of us Christian's need to relax and stop being so sensitive. Makes us look bad.

I get ya. Enjoy your day.

#4557 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I get ya. Enjoy your day.

Thanks man you as well and have an awesome weekend

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It does when it goes beyond ridiculous
And here it def has
Ever hear of JP? One of the greatest pins ever
Elvira is a F ing blast to play
This game looks like it’s gonna kick ass
Same Stern derangement syndrome crybabies every single F ing time
And most of them ain’t buying a game anyhow
If they were, it’s simple math, IF they were shit versus huge successes then how the F do they grow sales every year by 20%%
Oh yeah, I forgot about JP, DP now, BM66, TWD, GB, AS, SW, ST, IMDN, GOTG, GOT, Munsters, Elvira, STH ......
Where the F do you think you are getting a pin like that if you want one?
YOU may be in total denial but 20% plus a yr aren’t.
I just got done having a blast flipping my JP and Elvira
Now I’m waiting on STHLE because I love the theme.
Pinside does NOT get the Mensa award FFS
Let the marketing, artists, designers and creative guys run the company and they will destroy it Lickety split. Fact of business life
Let’s see what the projector looks like next week on the stream
Stern Derangement syndrome yet all I see is #winning
Boom boom, drop the F ing mic

Pass the scotch iceman44

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

More than likely, atheists really know that God exists, but some have had personal issues with their own father so they equate their relationship with God to the bad one they have with their father.

What in the wide world of sports are you talking about???

#4560 4 years ago

Pinball was created by the devil, so I'm surprised any true religious people would even touch it.

#4561 4 years ago

"Stranger Things projector? I haven't seen anything this faint since the Shroud of Turin!"

#4562 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

More than likely, atheists really know that God exists, but some have had personal issues with their own father so they equate their relationship with God to the bad one they have with their father.

There is so much more that can be taken offensively in your statement than anything posted by Levi. Leave your nut-bag B.S. out of this forum and spew it somewhere else. Carry on Levi.

#4563 4 years ago

OMG I don't know what to say anymore.

#4564 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

OMG I don't know what to say anymore.

Stranger Things Holy Ghost Trinity Projector Easter Egg!

There..back on topic.

#4565 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

TZ was not counter to that goal. It sold well. Pinball was losing its customers to video games. That simple. Bad timing.

It wasn't just a shift from one to the other... routes were shrinking, the fixed location arcades were going away, etc. Fighting games, games like NBA jam, etc were booming, but within a shrinking footprint. TZ was peak of 'excess' and it's complexity and cost to operate turned away players and ops. Pinball had lost it's simplicity and 'walk up and play' appeal.. and it was largely a downhill roll from there.

Next Gen consoles hurt location play probably more than anything.

#4566 4 years ago

This isn't the place to talk about your imaginary friends in the sky. Asking random people on the internet to cater to your individual beliefs is pretty arrogant in itself, and is not a good look for your tribe.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4567 4 years ago

Using obscene euphemisms that include references to Jesus and God in an attempt to sound cutting-edge and forceful is not a good look for your tribe.

#4568 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Using obscene euphemisms that include references to Jesus and God in an attempt to sound cutting-edge and forceful is not a good look for your tribe.

I mean..I get it, I think the guy needs to come down a few pegs in his dramatic rhetoric, but this was hardly the breaking point.

#4569 4 years ago

I came to this thread to get some insight for a friend who is interested in this pin, never mind I forgot where I was at for a second, now back to listening to Macho podcasts

#4570 4 years ago

Macho podcasts are all you need to know about this pin.

#4571 4 years ago

Welp, we're now at 0% chance Stern is going to include the Stairway to Heaven Backwards Wizard Mode in the Zeppelin pin.

Thanks guys.

#4572 4 years ago

Well, I think we can look at the recent 10-15 posts or so and come to a simple conclusion...

We've ran out of things to complain about the game at this point

#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well, I think we can look at the recent 10-15 posts or so and come to a simple conclusion...
We've ran out of things to complain about the game at this point

Not complaining, but I am anxiously awaiting for the code to mature. I really want to like this game. The music is incredible so far.

#4574 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I came to this thread to get some insight for a friend who is interested in this pin, never mind I forgot where I was at for a second, now back to listening to Macho podcasts

I came to this thread to learn about Stranger Things pinball and learned that I have daddy issues and then became a born again Christian.

#4575 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Not complaining, but I am anxiously awaiting for the code to mature. I really want to like this game. The music is incredible so far.

What would be your favorite and least favorite things so far? I respect your opinion a lot man - so i'd love to hear your honest take on it so far.

#4576 4 years ago

Back on topic of the game. I think it's cool Stern tried something new by using a projector. However, my opinion is that at this price point, I'm not that interested in a non-physical gimmick which doesn't interact with the ball. LCD screens on the playfield impress me more and work well in all lighting scenarios.

At a 1/4 the price, if I wanted a screen projected on the playfield, ramps, bumpers and have virtual interaction with the ball, I'll play Pin2k.

I recently bought a Star Wars Episode One pin, just because I could. It's popularity here has been a big surprise to me. My wife was shocked she actually really enjoys it (hates the movie) and says it's probably a long term keeper. The other night my 19 year old daughter had friends over to watch movies and I let them have the basement. I heard her male friend exclaim, "Now *that* is really cool. That's wild!", when first seeing the pin.

I don't see the same wow factor with Stranger Things' projector feature.

#4577 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

There is so much more that can be taken offensively in your statement than anything posted by Levi. Leave your nut-bag B.S. out of this forum and spew it somewhere else. Carry on Levi.

Maybe you should drop to one knee and propose. Either way thanks for the lunch break laugh.

#4578 4 years ago

I think many of us are truly interested to see where this goes and if it gets better...there just isn't enough information to really talk about it. Throw Sterns history into the mix and the outlook is dim.

#4579 4 years ago

Back to the topic at hand.
I consider myself a newbie even though I have lucked into collecting a few of my favorite themes over the past couple of years.
Trying to talk the wife into getting a Stern Stranger Things as we love the show!
I am hesitant though because of what I've read about the excessive dimpling and pooling (whatever that is).
Thoughts?

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

I consider myself a newbie even though I have lucked into collecting a few of my favorite themes over the past couple of years.
Trying to talk the wife into getting a Stern Stranger Things as we love the show!
I am hesitant though because of what I've read about the excessive dimpling and pooling (whatever that is).
Thoughts?

Ultimately you have to ask yourself if you like Stranger Things enough to have a 6k paperweight. That is worst case scenario. For most people, the dimpling and pooling isn't really a 'play' issue. It's a cosmetic/resale issue. The same people who say it isn't an issue, are the same ones who will try to drive the price down if they were to buy one with these 'non issues'.

You cannot expect Stern (or apparently even the devs) to be honest about it now as they've clearly stated it's normal. It may be less of an issue for operators, but it is a completely different story for the home use market. A market where people spend thousands to bring old games into like new pristine condition...and stay that way.

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Thoughts?

Its like politics, opinions are split 50/50 here. My opinion says I ain't touching a nib stern for a long time and I've bought plenty in the past. My collection proves I'm not a stern hater so take it for what its worth... jack shit.

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Thoughts?

if i wanted the pin i would just buy it and not worry. most people buy a nib pin complain about the pooling and the dimpling and never even keep the pin over 6 months and go on to the next new pin. so you pay 6000 for a pro with shipping and play it for a year and sell it for 5000 or trade it for another pro of same value, not a bad deal. you spent 1000 on a toy. if you bought an atv a jetski or any other crap you would probably take a 40 percent hit in a year so the same 6000 you would get 3600, maybe. plus the pins seem to sell right away and doesnt take a month or more to sell.
if you are a pack rat and going to keep it for 30 years then worry.

#4583 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

What would be your favorite and least favorite things so far? I respect your opinion a lot man - so i'd love to hear your honest take on it so far.

Its fast, similar to AFM in terms of starting modes. I did grew tired of AFM after about a year though. The Demogordon shots are dangerous for SDTM so use ball save and other mutliballs modes to knock down. I like all the different modes from the movie, seem to be randomized for each side. (red or yellow inserts). The Demogordon is a makeable shot, play better. Inner loop modes are cool, more movie clips. Spell Demodog and I think there are 3 different modes for that. Lots of modes. The music is so cool plus subwoofer. The callouts to date are worse than the hillbilly from TWD. I was going to sell TWD just because of that until the custom sound updates came out. The other thing I have going on is JP is kicking my ass, so ST is much more of a shottable game for me right now.

#4584 4 years ago

I thought religious talk was immediate reason for post deletion/moderation?

If not, please make it so. It is a sure fire way to ruin/ further ruin any thread.

#4585 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought religious talk was immediate reason for post deletion/moderation?
If not, please make it so. It is a sure fire way to ruin/ further ruin any thread.

According to the 'we ordered it so we have to talk good about it' thread, the thread was ruined long before that. It's pretty much all they talk about over there.

#4586 4 years ago

Do all the Sterns have these playfield issues? When did they start?
Thinking of picking up an ACDC Lucy edition but don't want to get hosed with the playfield getting torn up in short order.

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Thinking of picking up an ACDC Lucy edition but don't want to get hosed with the playfield getting torn up in short order.

Luci is good (thank you massive plastic window for the mini playfield).

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Luci is great. Can't go wrong with that one if you don't hate AC/DC.

#4589 4 years ago

My first attempt to play was a failure. The ball kept getting stuck by the demigorgan (?). Couple that with the cheap SDTM drains and it made for a disappointing experience.

A3E1EA7F-56B5-45BD-AB71-057489F2AEB8 (resized).jpegA3E1EA7F-56B5-45BD-AB71-057489F2AEB8 (resized).jpeg
#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

My first attempt to play was a failure. The ball kept getting stuck by the demigorgan (?). Couple that with the cheap SDTM drains and it made for a disappointing experience.[quoted image]

should normally roll easily to the right there... that game needs some tweaking.

#4591 4 years ago

I noticed in the latest code update that there is now a flipper adjustment for strength. When I played the pro at league this week I noticed the game being way to fast. When I hit the ramps they would zip through them too fast in my opinion. The demo shot was also not makeable due to the speed the ball was going off the ramp and smacking him in the face. I wonder if the flipper adjustment will be the fix for this game as far as the demo shot being makeable? I wonder if those games that are makeable had different flipper strengths coming out of factory and that's why some individuals were not having any issues. We should be getting the premium on location next month. Looking forward to it!

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It wasn't just a shift from one to the other... routes were shrinking, the fixed location arcades were going away, etc. Fighting games, games like NBA jam, etc were booming, but within a shrinking footprint. TZ was peak of 'excess' and it's complexity and cost to operate turned away players and ops. Pinball had lost it's simplicity and 'walk up and play' appeal.. and it was largely a downhill roll from there.
Next Gen consoles hurt location play probably more than anything.

Did you read what I actually wrote. I said video games were what killed pinball in the 90’s. It did. I said the pin section got smaller and smaller denoting a gradual decline. Then everyone was inside playing X box.

TAF and TZ were outliers in the B/W lineup sales wise. If you look at the B/W sales numbers 2 years before and after the releases of TAF and TZ they are similar up and down sales depending on title with no very high sales. No immediate sales decline after TZ based on all the other early 90’s titles except excluding TAF. TZ was complicated and broke down more but it was just one machine in a sea of other simple machines for the general public to get into. That one machine had zero effect on the decline in pinball. Again go look at the sales numbers in the B/W chronological list. You will see consistency in the sales numbers from 1990-1997 with the exception of TAF and TZ. The numbers in the last two years dropped off the cliff. Right about the time the arcades around me were closing and next gen home consoles were taking over. It was video games alone IMO that sealed the fate of pins in the 90’s. Even if B/W may have made TZ more complicated than they needed to it had zero to do with the decline. Zero.
06CDFC64-5A34-48E9-9D0E-41CBCF9D425C (resized).png06CDFC64-5A34-48E9-9D0E-41CBCF9D425C (resized).png93B5110A-938F-45BF-B6C6-7D508F79CDD0 (resized).png93B5110A-938F-45BF-B6C6-7D508F79CDD0 (resized).pngBF054646-E6A5-4EEE-8CC3-5B71AB5B7911 (resized).pngBF054646-E6A5-4EEE-8CC3-5B71AB5B7911 (resized).pngF46DF55B-449F-4E23-A78F-888FC6EBECFA (resized).pngF46DF55B-449F-4E23-A78F-888FC6EBECFA (resized).png

#4593 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

should normally roll easily to the right there... that game needs some tweaking.

more accurately... the game needed to be built better

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

I am trying to talk my wife into other things - and it isn't pinball

Anyway, I am concerned about:

1. The projector on this title a lot
2. The demogorgan toy - I think it would have been better to have a full figure and a hole in the chest that you shoot the pinball into. I would just look so much better to be honest. I wonder if a mod can be done to replace it to a figure instead of the head/mouth.
3. Hate to say it, but I am still not convinced that the PF issues are resolved.

I love the art, movie assets, and layout so far.

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

ACDC premium vaults have had minor pooling issues but nothing like Munsters and Jurassic park.

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

ACDC premium vaults have had minor pooling issues but nothing like Munsters and Jurassic park.

Exactly why I'm leaning toward not buying any new Stern at this point even though again, I love this theme.
The Stern playfield talk that I've heard is that they "don't make them like they used to".
And until they get their act together, I'll be looking at older titles (2012 and older?) that didn't have nearly the playfield defects these new ones seem to exhibit.

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Exactly why I'm leaning toward not buying any new Stern at this point even though again, I love this theme.
The Stern playfield talk that I've heard is that they "don't make them like they used to".
And until they get their act together, I'll be looking at older titles (2012 and older?) that didn't have nearly the playfield defects these new ones seem to exhibit.

You can get 2012 AC/DC Luci it doesn't have any of the newer issues. You'll get mild dimples, but not craters.

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapiru:

Good idea. If any of these issues bother you, definitely don’t rush to buy. Wait to find a used one you can inspect or just pass completely. You’re setting yourself up for disappoint if you let the excitement of a new game cloud your judgement. Haha

#4599 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You can get 2012 AC/DC Luci it doesn't have any of the newer issues. You'll get mild dimples, but not craters.

And just to circle back on dimples/craters as you (shapiru) seemed to want clarification on what exactly they are. They are unsightly for sure, but the playfield is still smooth. It certainly looks like they would affect the balls travel, but they don’t. Not sure if that matters to you, but worth pointing out.

#4600 4 years ago

When playing premium or LE Stern requires using a Bell + Howell Tac Visor for projected images to be legible on the screen.

Tac Visors will be available in the Stern accessories store. Not sure if they will have limited edition number stickers on them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/92?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.