IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 144.
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Quick observation: I love how for years people crap all over stern for not trying something different and pumping out the same old same old, but when they finally try something new everyone pulls out the microscopes and analyze the game before anyone can even play it....

I think their poor quality and penny pinching is finally catching up to them. People are getting fed up with 6-9K toys that are of bad quality.

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think their poor quality and penny pinching is finally catching up to them. People are getting fed up with 6-9K toys that are of bad quality.

I totally get that, and they deserve to be critiqued when warranted but Everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions. Then we have the glut of podcasters and youtubers dissecting every inch of the game. The games not finished and I feel like its already dead in the water in most peoples eyes.

#4253 4 years ago

I'm confused on this projector screen. How is it any different than having a small LCD screen on the pf, like in hobbit, di or sw?

Is the projector screen and the ball lock mech the only differences between the pro and prem/le?

#4254 4 years ago
tom_time (resized).jpgtom_time (resized).jpg
#4255 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Quite sad there's only two features over the Pro, yet there's a $2K difference at least, $3000ish if an LE- and one of those is the main feature - a projector - that cost maybe $30 tops, and people are already suggesting to upgrade the upgrade
Gotta laugh at this one.

Stern.....
The Ikea of pinball at chippendale price.

#4256 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I totally get that, and they deserve to be critiqued when warranted but Everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions. Then we have the glut of podcasters and youtubers dissecting every inch of the game. The games not finished and I feel like its already dead in the water in most peoples eyes.

I get what you’re saying but i think they have just created this image of themselves by continuously pumping out bad quality products game after game now and people just assume the worst out of them now. They make fun games but they just don't get it when it comes to giving the customers what they want and they act like they could care less quite frankly and I believe that its going to catch up with them. Ignoring your customers wants and demands is a very bad idea, especially in such a niche business.

#4257 4 years ago

Its a projected image (like at the theatre from under the apron) on a white panel as opposed to an LCD screen that is an actual display (like a tv).

Quoted from Lermods:

I'm confused on this projector screen. How is it any different than having a small LCD screen on the pf, like in hobbit, di or sw?
Is the projector screen and the ball lock mech the only differences between the pro and prem/le?

#4258 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It uses projection mapping. The projector is able to put videos and images on lots of things instead of the projector screen.

Drops, spinner, ramps and targets all have specific things projected on them. If you’ve ever seen projection mapping in person before, it’s awesome.

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its a projected image (like at the theatre from under the apron) on a white panel as opposed to an LCD screen that is an actual display (like a tv).

It is not all about the screen, the cool part is the projections on other objects. The drop targets, standup targets, both ramps, and a marquee above the ramp all can have images / video.

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well theoretically, you could actively paint targets. The projector can project onto the 4 drops below the demogorgan, 4 standups on the playfield, the ramps, the sides of the ramps, and of course the main screen/ramp that comes down.

Projection mapping will be really cool if Stern can pull it off.

#4261 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The unfiltered image Jack posted actually makes the projector look better.
As for Multiballmaniac1...I swear he was in several other threads for the last year proclaiming he would never buy a Stern due to quality issues. I kind of doubt he actually had an LE on order. Just ignore him.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah ole multiballmaniac been "buying" stern LEs just to cancel them for about two years now. He's one of the weirdest pinsiders and that's saying something.

Remember his hourly Deeproot thread bumps?

I'd like to announce that I'm so impressed with Stranger Things LE I'm placing 15 orders so I can have one in every room in every family members' home on the east coast. These proclamations are official, right?

#4262 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

My apologies. Instagram culture. I love filters. Here is a raw image for people that need it. ‍♂️[quoted image]

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Here’s also an unfiltered profile shot of Zach playing, and one with the filter I used.
A filter can’t add the content to the screen.
The environment plays a role obviously.
It’s a projector.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok so, this looks pretty awesome. I think the projector is going to look great based upon seeing these unfiltered iphone pics. I think people who backed out are going to end up being buyers in the end.

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah ole multiballmaniac been "buying" stern LEs just to cancel them for about two years now. He's one of the weirdest pinsiders and that's saying something.
I'd like to announce that I'm so impressed with Stranger Things LE I'm placing 15 orders so I can have one if every room in every family members' home on the east coast. These proclamations are official, right?

You calling someone weird might win funniest post of 2020

#4264 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, I agree. I don't want to hack at a game I haven't played and I hope it's totally amazing for owners and players but I'm confused by inclusion of the projector. Couldn't they have streamed video from a small LCD like you said (book on the Hobbit etc)? Was it just done because it hadn't been done before? Depending on how this plays out, an actual "retro" projector may never be tried again...From the delays, though, it appears it wasn't thoroughly tested.

#4265 4 years ago

see comments above regarding projection mapping. THats why Stern went this route.

Quoted from Pinballer67:

Yeah, I agree. I don't want to hack at a game I haven't played and I hope it's totally amazing for owners and players but I'm confused by inclusion of the projector. Couldn't they have streamed video from a small LCD like you said (book on the Hobbit etc)? Was it just done because it hadn't been done before? Depending on how this plays out, an actual "retro" projector may never be tried again...From the delays, though, it appears it wasn't thoroughly tested.

#4266 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is not all about the screen, the cool part is the projections on other objects. The drop targets, standup targets, both ramps, and a marquee above the ramp all can have images / video.

Maybe an LCD on the "drive in movie theater screen" and projection on the spinners etc. might have been a better way to go?

#4267 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

see comments above regarding projection mapping. THats why Stern went this route.

well, I hope it turns out to be very cool and dependable! I hope to play one soon.

#4268 4 years ago

I will make my final judgment when I can put my hands on the machine.

I am all in on this pin as I already have the pro and hoping to upgrade to the LE. I hope that works out for me.

In the interim I am really enjoying the pro and how the modes/code is coming together. Fun pin, It did take me more than 15 games to really get my grip on it. Now it is a blast.

Fingers and toes crossed on the Pre/LE.

#4269 4 years ago

Oh My Goodness... did anyone see this video. Not good! You can't see nearly anything especially on the ramps.

#4270 4 years ago

Still no actual PreLe play reports or photos/videos from non-Stern people?

#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Oh My Goodness... did anyone see this video. Not good! You can't see nearly anything especially on the ramps.

Have you not seen the pictures Jack Danger posted? The projection looks fine. In fact, it looks so good at first glance I thought this was the PRO with the big sticker on the middle screen.

91a6ef853a8eb866749e33d1450f233daa496314 (resized).jpeg91a6ef853a8eb866749e33d1450f233daa496314 (resized).jpeg
#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have you not seen the pictures Jack Danger posted? The projection looks fine. In fact, it looks so good at first glance I thought this was the PRO with the big sticker on the middle screen.[quoted image]

I didn't think the good Dr had time to check Pinside anymore since he is busy selling The Big Lebowski. Oh wait.

#4273 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have you not seen the pictures Jack Danger posted? The projection looks fine. In fact, it looks so good at first glance I thought this was the PRO with the big sticker on the middle screen.

Sit back, relax, pop a top and let it all sink in while i Take a nap before my game arrives.

Same ole same ole.

Over

Reaction.

By the same couple dozen or so people.

That includes K man who is all Stern hate 24/7 because they shun him.

Pinball Life is good!!

#4274 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have you ever heard of photo shop? This is a live video and you can barely see anything! Hey I'm hoping its bright but it doesn't look good in the video we all have to call a spade a spade here.

Quoted from kermit24:

I didn't think the good Dr had time to check Pinside anymore since he is busy selling The Big Lebowski. Oh wait.

Yeah its actually nice having a TBL. I have serious legit offers for the game although that has nothing to do with this thread. I can however choose to sell my game to whomever I want, when I want for any price I want. Period! Lastly, I never said I don't have time to check pinside... what I said was I don't check it every day because I don't have time. Get your facts straight! Thanks in advance.

#4275 4 years ago

Not that I think it's great but to be fair there are clearly spotlights directly on the machine and the projection gets a lot better when their shadows are blocking the lights. Stern may have no control over how these are being lit by the media folks

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Not that I think it's great but to be fair there are clearly spotlights directly on the machine and the projection gets a lot better when their shadows are blocking the lights. Stern may have no control over how these are being lit by the media folks

I bought a Stranger Things LE because I have some haunted houses with a pinball horror museum type thing... I will buy all horror themed pinball games even if the game sucks! LOL I am NOT a fan of Munsters the game, love the artwork, love the topper, and the theme so I bought it. I know the value has dropped like a rock but I don't care because I'm not selling it.

At the end of the day I think people should buy what they like its really that simple.

If you're worried about what it might resell for 6 months from now I wouldn't buy this game. Me I'm going to buy it and never sell it! So I don't care. I do know I'll have to put it inside a darker place.

#4277 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Have you ever heard of photo shop? This is a live video and you can barely see anything! Hey I'm hoping its bright but it doesn't look good in the video we all have to call a spade a spade here.

Yep you know, those photoshopped iphone pics. You know people with a good eye can spot modified iphone images right? This doesn't look like one of them.

#4278 4 years ago

They even turned the lights down for this shot.

Screenshot_20200108-082310_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200108-082310_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4279 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:They even turned the lights down for this shot.[quoted image]

That still doesn't mean that the setup was correct for it to read well on video camera...

#4280 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A projected image is all about contrast. Nothing on this STH billboard, or in a movie theater, can appear "less dark" than the ambiance, only "more bright".

Or put another way, whatever the screen looks like when the projector is off- that is your black level at best.

I can’t envision a play environment where that screen looks remotely black.

#4281 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What value has dropped like a rock? No one even has them yet to sell and thus have "value dropped like a rock".

That still doesn't mean that the setup was correct for it to read well on video camera...
Are you guys implying Jack Danger's iphone doesn't have the laws of physics apply to it? Does his iphone allow water to soak into a grit faster on his stove than any stove on the face of the earth? Maybe this is magic iphone with magic grits?

the evidence that the images are sharp under decent lighting exist. i just dont think there is any reasoning with some people. they will believe what they believe, and refuse to accept anything else. shitting on a projector based on photos is just ignorant. one man can only sigh and roll their eyes so much.

#4282 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Or put another way, whatever the screen looks like when the projector is off- that is your black level at best.
I can’t envision a play environment where that screen looks remotely black.

I think maybe they just need to take a different approach with the screen.
none (resized).jpgnone (resized).jpg

black.gifblack.gif
#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd like to announce that I'm so impressed with Stranger Things LE I'm placing 15 orders so I can have one in every room in every family members' home on the east coast. These proclamations are official, right?

Oy vey, I just cancelled my tmnt le.

#4284 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Oy vey, I just cancelled my tmnt le.

So you are borscht belt now?! Plot twist!

This guy is meshugena!

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sit back, relax, pop a top and let it all sink in while i Take a nap before my game arrives.
Same ole same ole.
Over
Reaction.
By the same couple dozen or so people.
That includes K man who is all Stern hate 24/7 because they shun him.
Pinball Life is good!!

2020 will be the best year in pinball releases.

#4286 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

2020 will be the best year in pinball releases.

Will you be ordering and cancelling all deep root games or just sticking with the Stern LE plan?

Oy vey!

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Will you be ordering and cancelling all deep root games or just sticking with the Stern LE plan?
Oy vey!

I actually really would order a Stranger Things LE if it was that badass. Loved the show. Have a good day.

#4288 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oy vey!

And what about Spooky’s Rick and Morty?

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

And what about Spooky’s Rick and Morty?

R&M is like an apartment in Tuscany, there are none for sale! Dont even bother asking!

#4290 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

R&M is like an apartment in Tuscany, there are none for sale! Dont even bother asking!

kramer.gifkramer.gif
#4291 4 years ago

“Have you heard of photoshop”
I’m still a novice to posting in here and knowing the personalities, but man some of the stuff people want to be conspiracies is hilarious.

Here’s a quick vid I recorded FROM the bright con floor just now. If you need me to record more from my phone and say your name or date or flash my Illuminati badge, let me know.

#4292 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

“Have you heard of photoshop”
I’m still a novice to posting in here and knowing the personalities, but man some of the stuff people want to be conspiracies is hilarious.
Here’s a quick vid I recorded FROM the bright con floor just now. If you need me to record more from my phone and say your name or date or flash my Illuminati badge, let me know.

Please post another video but include today's newspaper and also use a large ring to go all the way around the pinball machine to show there are no hidden wires or strings.

#4293 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Please post another video but include today's newspaper and also use a large ring to go all the way around the pinball machine to show there are no hidden wires or strings.

Haha I got it. I’ll have some record me recording and posting it directly.

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Any chance of seeing it in action during gameplay?

#4295 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

But then who is going to record the person recording you recording it?

#4296 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Any chance of seeing it in action during gameplay?

An actual stream of it is coming soon with more content for the projector. One of the reasons I’m not streaming it at CES

#4297 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

An actual stream of it is coming soon with more content for the projector. One of the reasons I’m not streaming it at CES

Thank you

#4298 4 years ago

I think that video was manipulated on the fly by Russian hackers trying to influence Stern pinball purchases. Everyone at Stern is in on it.

Why do that you ask? You heard it here first, Stern is in league with Russian spies, who are supplying the projectors for the pins, which, while too dim to play on, will secretly record your conversations and send them directly to Putin.

For the humor impaired...

#4299 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Ok, sounds good. I'm just hoping the projector isn't the ecto-goggles 2.0 with the limited animations.

#4300 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You calling someone weird might win funniest post of 2020

he said weird, not crazy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 39.00
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/86?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.