IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 144.
#301 4 years ago

Love Eddy...I have all three of his games, but not Lonnie. I’m not a fan of his work. Hopefully like Elwin, Eddy is heavily involved in the rules as well.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is lower confirmed? I hope not.

No. Just addressing the speculation on this thread about it being a good way to highlight the “upside down” part of the theme.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is lower confirmed? I hope not.

100% confirmed there ISN'T a lower playfield.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Brian Eddy
Lonnie
Rest of the details are unknown. Should be on location by Xmas eve.

Holy shit, okay. Now I'm pumped

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Love Eddy...I have all three of his games, but not Lonnie. I’m not a fan of his work. Hopefully like Elwin, Eddy is heavily involved in the rules as well.

Excited to see Eddy....Lonnie not so much

#306 4 years ago

So seems like the normal time for a reveal during tuesday has come and gone?

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So seems like the normal time for a reveal during tuesday has come and gone?

Agreed! Dang it. Got my hopes all up.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thank god!

Bring it on Stern. For me, this is an IP they'll have to really mess up for it not to be exciting.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Excited to see Eddy....Lonnie not so much

I'm a big fan of Star Trek + Tron and no problems with Guardian's code (though I haven't played it too much). Any kind of glaring flaws across his games? I don't have any significant time on most of his stuff, looking at the list now.

#310 4 years ago
Airheads_Brian_EDDY (resized).pngAirheads_Brian_EDDY (resized).png
#311 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks Chuck! Just lowered my blood pressure. Phew

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I was told there is a distributor reveal tomorrow. After that we should have more details. Nothing has been officially confirmed as of yet

Gary has his big webinar Wednesday

#313 4 years ago

I’m so obsessed with this theme I know it won’t have everything I want in it. I just hope the code keeps me interested for the long haul. That’s kind of a tall order for me, but one can dream.

Oh and did I mention I need this to have a third flipper? Haha

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m so obsessed with this theme I know it won’t have everything I want in it. I just hope the code keeps me interested for the long haul. That’s kind of a tall order for me, but one can dream.

I’m getting a pro ASAP.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

3jqp21 (resized).jpg3jqp21 (resized).jpg
#316 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

Haha. I love them. And pretty sure they are standard now on new sterns.

Wonder how they will use it? Maybe if you’re playing as EL it operates her powers?

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Thanks Chuck! Just lowered my blood pressure. Phew

Weird, the rumor I heard was 2 lower playfields. THE HORROR!

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thank god!
Bring it on Stern. For me, this is an IP they'll have to really mess up for it not to be exciting.

Yeah. Maybe it'll keep your attention for 6 days.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I love them. And pretty sure they are standard now on new sterns.
Wonder how they will use it? Maybe if you’re playing as EL it operates her powers?

You, sir, are setting your hopes too high.

#320 4 years ago

I feel like there's got to be lots of magnet magic happening in this pin...

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

You, sir, are setting your hopes too high.

Haha. Okay then it will be a 3 musketeers smart bomb to keep dart at bay.

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I'm a big fan of Star Trek + Tron and no problems with Guardian's code (though I haven't played it too much). Any kind of glaring flaws across his games?

Takes a long time to get the code done, and I don't think it's very interesting; Kiss being a good example. Xmen, avengers...
Tron had Lyman on it & ST had Dwight...did they both get put on this projects to finish them?
Anyway, Lyman takes along time to get finished but you know it's going to be top notch.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Takes a long time to get the code done, and I don't think it's very interesting; Kiss being a good example. Xmen, avengers...
Tron had Lyman on it & ST had Dwight...did they both get put on this projects to finish them?
Anyway, Lyman takes along time to get finished but you know it's going to be top notch.

Thanks for the breakdown. Maybe there's a reason I haven't spent much time on many of his other games.

#324 4 years ago

When Stern introduces the world net play functionality the Game locations should be one will be located in the US somewhere (not in Hawkins anymore) the other somewhere in Russia.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Okay then it will be a 3 musketeers smart bomb to keep dart at bay.

Set bar very low, so anything extra is exciting.

The generic setting of Stranger Things...little to 0 characters from the show, if there are characters focus will be on season 1 which takes place around Christmas (hence the release date).

Pro will have a magnet, Prem/LE will have multiple magnets.

Probably the show soundtrack, but not the licensed music from the show.

Art, clipart from maybe a Netflix person, similar to a Disney person on Star Wars, in two years or so maybe we get the art we actually should have had to start with.

The game focused on the other kids with powers like 11, but no mention of anyone by name, just their generic numbers so callouts can be anything as can animations.

I'm focused on worst-case scenarios. This way anything above that I find joy haha. I do hope it is a huge success and an awesome game, I've been excited to see what Eddy has been working on since he was announced as being back almost 2 years ago.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:100% confirmed there ISN'T a lower playfield.

Pretty sure old chuck Was quoted before the JP Release. 100% Confirmed not Jurrasic Park.

Im just saying.....

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Probably the show soundtrack, but not the licensed music from the show

While not a huge deal to me at all, they were able to secure plenty of songs with Guardians. So i have faith here.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Pretty sure old chuck Was quoted before the JP Release. 100% Confirmed not Jurrasic Park.
Im just saying.....

Show me where I said that.

PS. My hunches are never wrong. Only misunderstood.

#329 4 years ago
0C83EB88-8986-4291-90A5-A861C465F5D5 (resized).jpeg0C83EB88-8986-4291-90A5-A861C465F5D5 (resized).jpeg370E4CF4-040B-4479-B236-83DC6A5EC2AF (resized).jpeg370E4CF4-040B-4479-B236-83DC6A5EC2AF (resized).jpeg
#330 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey if Munsters code has kept you playing it I think you will be fine with this one. I still play Munsters but have fingers crossed for a good update soon.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So now I've heard reports of games sitting at locations waiting to be unveiled from 3 different cities across the US... maybe there is something to these rumors, regardless, we know it is coming Stern, just show us what you have!

Tommy - I will say if you have a good relationship with your distributor, it would be a good time to give them a ring as an operator.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Tommy - I will say if you have a good relationship with your distributor, it would be a good time to give them a ring as an operator.

One step ahead of you

#333 4 years ago

Hopper is NOT Dead he's playing Galaga in Russia.

hoppernotdead (resized).pnghoppernotdead (resized).png
#334 4 years ago

To be honest all I want for music is the original Stranger Things music that Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein did for the show. Every single one of their tracks is awesome. I don't care for the licensed music like "should I stay or should I go" or "time after time". I have heard enough of that stuff. Give me the synth stuff that those guys did for the show. For those not familiar go on Spotify and look up Stranger Things Volume 1. Notable tracks of what I want

Stranger Things Main Theme
Kids
A Kiss
The Upside Down

This is the ambiance I want when I play this game. Not sure why people want licensed music that we have heard a million times already.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

To be honest all I want for music is the original Stranger Things music that Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein did for the show. Every single one of their tracks is awesome. I don't care for the licensed music like "should I stay or should I go" or "time after time". I have heard enough of that stuff. Give me the synth stuff that those guys did for the show. For those not familiar go on Spotify and look up Stranger Things Volume 1. Notable tracks of what I want
Kids
A Kiss
The Upside Down
This is the ambiance I want when I play this game. Not sure why people want licensed music that we have heard a million times already.

All is want is this.

119384C5-18D9-4F8B-BB63-5F92C202A49B.gif119384C5-18D9-4F8B-BB63-5F92C202A49B.gif
#336 4 years ago

I'm really hoping they got Brian Schmidt to do the audio on this. His style is a perfect match for Stranger Things' music. Some of the tracks from the show in particular remind me of his work on X-Files. This track is a good example, it just sounds like a hurry up theme:

Compare that to this track from X-Files which has a pretty similar build up:

Even if they were to just pull tracks from the show it would be good, but I'd love to see them go the extra mile and make some original tracks too.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Kids
A Kiss
The Upside Down

Im going to have to give this a listen. But im sure your spot on! Totally agree.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im going to have to give this a listen. But im sure your spot on! Totally agree.

I will say though that the one big licensed song that needs to find a way to get into the game is The Neverending Story song. I cant see that costing that much.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Its a great original soundtrack. I used to have it going on in the background at work in my office. Good stuff. One of the things that makes this show so good is those two guys and the music they created for it.

#340 4 years ago

Pair the music with a timed multiball would be spot on.

#341 4 years ago

Stern will probably cheap out like Jurassic Park and do a quarter of the full Licensing. I really liked the first season but found season 2 hard to watch. Not sure it can recapture 1st season magic with the child actors aging out. Not a show I'm looking forward to in the future, if it survives.

#342 4 years ago

Season 4 already confirmed and that may be the final one. Whatever they decide it will go as long as they want it to. Show is amazing. All three seasons.

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Stern will probably cheap out like Jurassic Park and do a quarter of the full Licensing. I really liked the first season but found season 2 hard to watch. Not sure it can recapture 1st season magic with the child actors aging out. Not a show I'm looking forward to in the future, if it survives.

dd (resized).jpgdd (resized).jpg
#344 4 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Stern will probably cheap out like Jurassic Park and do a quarter of the full Licensing.

I hope you are wrong - but I think you are probably right.

Stern and theme integration using assets hasn't been all that great in my opinion...

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I hope you are wrong - but I think you are probably right.
Stern and theme integration using assets hasn't been all that great in my opinion...

Has anyone ever seen a game with amazing theme and asset integration from a big time license?

Hobbit is the only game I’ve seen that is really well done in that department. LOTR might be the best one before that.

So that’s why I’m totally fine with the JP approach and if they continued to advance their games in that direction.

#346 4 years ago

TRON has great theme integration. I feel like I jumped into the movie and I'm on the lightcycles.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Has anyone ever seen a game with amazing theme and asset integration from a big time license?
Hobbit is the only game I’ve seen that is really well done in that department. LOTR might be the best one before that.
So that’s why I’m totally fine with the JP approach and if they continued to advance their games in that direction.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

TRON has great theme integration. I feel like I jumped into the movie and I'm on the lightcycles.

Seriously?? Haha that’s one of the best games ever and it’s not because of theme and asset use.

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Alien Alien and Alien. Rivals Hobbit, which does it really well but i prefer the Alien universe.

I know no ridley but they nailed it.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That's true. The look of the pin, the light cycles, disc throwing the ball back at you, and the assets used (call outs, music, modes, etc) where very much like the movie. TRON theme integration is absolutely fantastic.

To your point Chuck - Hobbit probably sets the bar the highest in theme integration and asset usage.

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Alien Alien and Alien. Rivals Hobbit, which does it really well but i prefer the Alien universe.
I know no ridley but they nailed it.

Yeah definitely a good one. They need to get someone to make a ton of those in a normal cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/7?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.