IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 144.
#251 4 years ago

I wonder if they throw this on the back burner/delay...and release Led Zeppelin QS redux as a kind of "sacrificial lamb" to fill the release void after Rick and Morty.

If they're smart, they would put on the brakes and hold back ST for a softer release environment.

Announce ST in Feb or even just before TPF and demo it there. If they make that smart marketing move, I bet they get more sales and you would even see some Rick & Morty spots go up for sale.

A lot of ST money just got thrown at Rick & Morty IMO.

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I wonder if they throw this on the back burner/delay...and release Lez Zeppelin QS redux as a kind of "sacrificial lamb" to fill the release void after Rick and Morty.
If they're smart, they would put on the brakes and hold back ST for a softer release environment.
Announce ST in Feb or even just before TPF and demo it there. If they make that smart marketing move, I bet they get more sales and you would even see some Rick & Morty spots go up for sale.

Really? I think there is still plenty of end of year money on the table and lots of people that did not jump on R&M.

I think Stranger and R&M are pretty different demos.

Seems like perfect timing to release the next cornerstone game. I think plenty of people have been sitting on the sidelines (EV was premium only price, R&M is premium game).

Lots of Pro buyers ready for the holiday game purchase.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I wonder if they throw this on the back burner/delay...and release Lez Zeppelin QS redux as a kind of "sacrificial lamb" to fill the release void after Rick and Morty.

Nope. The initial ST pros are already built and will be on location before Xmas.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. The initial ST pros are already built and will be on location before Xmas.

Many people I know already bought a game to fill collections. This may uproot some of the bolted to floor games.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Don't think the theme wil be a hit in europe.

why?

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I wonder if they throw this on the back burner/delay...and release Led Zeppelin QS redux as a kind of "sacrificial lamb" to fill the release void after Rick and Morty.

Plenty of money in this hobby.

It will just mean more games go on second hand market.

Operators will buy ST as it should do well on location.

And Stern do want ST to be out before GnR!

When will JJP learn to do just one proper LE though?

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well, you obviously know something that I don't. Perhaps it was Spooky that got lucky here (or knew when ST was going to be released and finished up development faster to get this out before ST).

Quoted from Whysnow:

Really? I think there is still plenty of end of year money on the table and lots of people that did not jump on R&M.
I think Stranger and R&M are pretty different demos.
Seems like perfect timing to release the next cornerstone game. I think plenty of people have been sitting on the sidelines (EV was premium only price, R&M is premium game).
Lots of Pro buyers ready for the holiday game purchase.

I think for home use they're the same demo (35-50 year olds) but perhaps you have some other points, especially about the pro level of purchaser.

I just can't help but think Rick & Morty being released took a little wind out of the Stern sails for the ST release.

For me, it made a difference. I jumped at R&M and was considering ST but now that's unlikely.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I just can't help but think Rick & Morty being released took a little wind out of the Stern sails for the ST release.

Possibly took a buyer or two away from stern but remember, everyone that got a Rick and Morty locked in yesterday only paid 1525 max. Most in this hobby can then turn around and get a stern the next day no problem.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

you would even see some Rick & Morty spots go up for sale.

I do not believe people will bail out of R and M for another machine. Most of them are die hard fans of the show and are willing to wait year/s to get a R and M machine.
Yes because of Spooky's business model, you will see R and M spots selling for a premium. The "I want it now" people will pay a premium to be one of the first to get one and try and jump the line. I do not think Stern's competitors really pose a threat. Stern sells 10,000+ games a year, 750 machines is not even 1/10 of their business. People are constantly comparing the different manufacturers and how they should time their release dates accordingly. Stern does what Stern does and they do it well. It seems like they really do not pay attention to what the competitors are doing because they are killing it. To be honest I really like their business model. Make a game, start shipping it to distributors, then bam-announce and start selling them the next day.

-I love these times on Pinside waiting for the new release-the juice is loose.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

This is exactly what I was hearing about 2-3 weeks ago, ST was according to that discussion the first game of 2020.

Maybe we find out today. There sure will be many disappointed people on here if this pans out to be the real scenario.

#261 4 years ago

last reveal via IGN was a Wednesday at 8:00MST for Elvira. Prior was JP on a Friday at 9:00MST

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

last reveal via IGN was a Wednesday at 8:00MST for Elvira. Prior was JP on a Friday at 9:00MST

If not today, I say before Friday this week.

#263 4 years ago

We all know this will be a Munsters retheme and grandpas lab will be the upside down. Money in the bank. When does jaws come out?

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If not today, I say before Friday this week.

Well...were waiting.gifWell...were waiting.gif
#265 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Possibly took a buyer or two away from stern but remember, everyone that got a Rick and Morty locked in yesterday only paid 1525 max. Most in this hobby can then turn around and get a stern the next day no problem.

That or just sell their spot for what they paid or more. Spooky has their fans and Stern has theirs too. Spooky already sold out so it's done plus Stern will sell far more pins than 750. I just hope Stern is not playing it safe with basic photoshop art, toys on springs, and same old two flipper fan layout.

#266 4 years ago

Not too worried about the art. It’s super low on my priority list, and I can see the license dictating that big time.

Just give me that third flipper and I’ll be very excited right away. Haha

#267 4 years ago

What an exciting time for pinball.

Will we look back in 20 years and refer to this time period as the second (third) golden age? Albeit, prices of both new and used machines are up (depending on how you calculate for inflation), but the number of different titles and total number of machines produced across all manufacturers has steadily been increasing for close to a decade now.

While this particular theme doesn't strike a chord with me in particular, I'm sure it will be a HUGE hit, and further the overall growth and introduction of the game to a new generation.

Hopefully, as previous posters have said, this growth will "unbolt" some machines from the floors of collectors who swore they would never sell to chase the next best thing, and hopefully at reasonable prices so that they actually sell.

Me, I'll stick with 1987 to 2007 games until I can consciously justify anything newer. As I would guess, a significant portion of folks in my age range (30-50), love mid to late system 11's (and by extension, D/E / SEGA/ STERN Whitestar), through WPC, to Whitestar. They are my favorite games to play and work on.

#268 4 years ago

My problem is I love all eras. I don’t have enough room to be into everything. Haha.

#269 4 years ago

I think I am going to have to make some popcorn....can't wait for all the comments.

Eating popcorn.gifEating popcorn.gif
#270 4 years ago

I hope we see video, it will break or make my mod

#271 4 years ago

I was told there is a distributor reveal tomorrow. After that we should have more details. Nothing has been officially confirmed as of yet

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I was told their is a distributor reveal tomorrow.

So does that mean we will see the leaked pics today

#273 4 years ago

Leak! Leak! Leak!

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So does that mean we will see the leaked pics today

Who knows. If stern is releasing stranger things, we should definitely see something soon. Plans can change and release dates shuffled.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Leak! Leak! Leak!

They fixed their website issues by random-seeding their file names (finally!) so the leaks post-JP2 will be far less

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not believe people will bail out of R and M for another machine. Most of them are die hard fans of the show and are willing to wait year/s to get a R and M machine.
Yes because of Spooky's business model, you will see R and M spots selling for a premium. The "I want it now" people will pay a premium to be one of the first to get one and try and jump the line. I do not think Stern's competitors really pose a threat. Stern sells 10,000+ games a year, 750 machines is not even 1/10 of their business. People are constantly comparing the different manufacturers and how they should time their release dates accordingly. Stern does what Stern does and they do it well. It seems like they really do not pay attention to what the competitors are doing because they are killing it. To be honest I really like their business model. Make a game, start shipping it to distributors, then bam-announce and start selling them the next day.
-I love these times on Pinside waiting for the new release-the juice is loose.

Just curious what kind of information leads you to believe Stern sells 10,000 games per year. I have no idea and im not questioning it, im just curious how you arrive at that number. that would mean they pump out almost 30 per day which is impressive and I know their facility is impressive.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Don't think the theme wil be a hit in europe.

why not? Stranger Things is very popular in Europe.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

Just curious what kind of information leads you to believe Stern sells 10,000 games per year. I have no idea and im not questioning it, im just curious how you arrive at that number. that would mean they pump out almost 30 per day which is impressive and I know their facility is impressive.

Supposedly all 100 Primus machines were built in a single day.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

When I took a tour they said they make 50 a day on average but we’re running some days in 2019 at 75 plus a day. They have capacity for over 100 a day. 10k machines might be on the lower end. Not sure.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Supposedly all 100 Primus machines were built in a single day.

and from my understanding, the quality..or lack thereof backs that up.

#281 4 years ago

So now I've heard reports of games sitting at locations waiting to be unveiled from 3 different cities across the US... maybe there is something to these rumors, regardless, we know it is coming Stern, just show us what you have!

#282 4 years ago

it’s tuesday!

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So now I've heard reports of games sitting at locations waiting to be unveiled from 3 different cities across the US... maybe there is something to these rumors, regardless, we know it is coming Stern, just show us what you have!

I can only assume cans of New Coke will be distributed at these locations as well!

#284 4 years ago
16D337BC-CCA4-47E4-A3A2-DFC948E3C8C9.gif16D337BC-CCA4-47E4-A3A2-DFC948E3C8C9.gif
#285 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

That's weird, but Stranger Things have happened

#286 4 years ago

I think they are getting ready to unveil a little bit more than the new game itself this time. Remember, Stern games were to go online in 2019...so unveiling and hooking up at several locations across the world for connected gameplay would make a pretty big splash compared to the usual.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Plenty of money in this hobby.
It will just mean more games go on second hand market.
Operators will buy ST as it should do well on location.
And Stern do want ST to be out before GnR!
When will JJP learn to do just one proper LE though?

I don't think ST will do that well on location it's not as a big brand as some might think.

Stern don't give two hoots about what other manufacturers are doing and quite rightly so, R&M will have almost zero effect on ST (or whatever the Stern game is). GNR is a TPF game.

Game will be publically announced probably 8th of Jan maybe a little bit earlier which is when they announce munster last year, but maybe next week and then it will be at CES for sure.

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don't think ST will do that well on location it's not as a big brand as some might think.
Stern don't give two hoots about what other manufacturers are doing and quite rightly so, R&M will have almost zero effect on ST (or whatever the Stern game is). GNR is a TPF game.
Game will be publically announced probably 8th of Jan maybe a little bit earlier which is when they announce munster last year, but maybe next week and then it will be at CES for sure.

From what is floating around the rumor-sphere, distributors are supposed to be getting their webinar tomorrow. We will have crappy cell phone shots of computer screens roughly 12 minutes later.

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

it’s tuesday!

holy shit it's Tuesday!!

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

From what is floating around the rumor-sphere, distributors are supposed to be getting their webinar tomorrow. We will have crappy cell phone shots of computer screens roughly 12 minutes later.

I literally got off the phone with one of their biggest distros about something totally different but he mentioned there was a webinar yesterday that he was on.
May have happened already. How many do they normally have in a week?

#292 4 years ago

Reading all the rumors and speculations are such a trip! Whatever happened to opening an issue of Replay or Playmeter from dads desk and seeing the next games from manufacturers or going to our distributor’s office and seeing them? It’s amazing how times change!

From an operators standpoint, I really hope if Stern has a web connected with platform that we don’t have to give them too big a piece of the pie.

#293 4 years ago

Grand Champ default initials better be MADMAX. And a little homage somewhere in the game to Dig Dug and Dragon's Lair would be nice too. Looking forward to a reveal!

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Grand Champ default initials better be MADMAX. And a little homage somewhere in the game to Dig Dug and Dragon's Lair would be nice too. Looking forward to a reveal!

With Dustin close behind.

#295 4 years ago

I've been out of the loop due to, uhh, other game announcements. But is ST actually confirmed (or "confirmed" in any kind of way past speculation), and is Brian Eddy gonna be on it? Really excited for this one. If there really is a webinar tomorrow it looks like I'm tuning back in at the right time.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I've been out of the loop due to, uhh, other game announcements. But is ST actually confirmed (or "confirmed" in any kind of way past speculation), and is Brian Eddy gonna be on it? Really excited for this one. If there really is a webinar tomorrow it looks like I'm tuning back in at the right time.

Brian Eddy
Lonnie

Rest of the details are unknown. Should be on location by Xmas eve.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Brian Eddy
Lonnie
Rest of the details are unknown. Should be on location by Xmas eve.

Wonder if Lonnie is making the rules or simply programming Brian’s ruleset, didn’t Brian pretty much do rules for all his past games?

#298 4 years ago

This is a dream theme for me. I was the same age as those kids in the same time as the show took place. Love it. And Brian Eddy is one of my favorite designers (I own an AFM). HOWEVER...I won’t spend 7-8k on a machine that does not shoot well or is poorly coded. And I’ve never met a lower playfield that I liked. That’s a deal breaker for me.
I have very high hopes and pray they won’t be shattered by any of the above negatives. Stern is set up, with this theme, to hit another one out of the park as a follow up to JP. Fingers crossed

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

This is a dream theme for me. I was the same age as those kids in the same time as the show took place. Love it. And Brian Eddy is one of my favorite designers (I own an AFM). HOWEVER...I won’t spend 7-8k on a machine that does not shoot well or is poorly coded. And I’ve never met a lower playfield that I liked. That’s a deal breaker for me.
I have very high hopes and pray they won’t be shattered by any of the above negatives. Stern is set up, with this theme, to hit another one out of the park as a follow up to JP. Fingers crossed

Is lower confirmed? I hope not.

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is lower confirmed? I hope not.

Nope

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/6?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.