IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 144.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Supposedly the artwork is crappy photoshop on ST amongst some other issues.

C’mon Ice share what you know dude!.....

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah, spill it, Ice!

#203 4 years ago

Any pooling?

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's what some say too but why do that 2 days before xmas?
It is a bit funny that Spooky beat them to the punch with a theme that was gonna be Godzilla that Stern stole out from underneath them!

I really think Stern got caught with their pants down on this release. They didn't expect Spooky to announce and sell the game 72 hours later. Lots of money tied up now.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's what some say too but why do that 2 days before xmas?
It is a bit funny that Spooky beat them to the punch with a theme that was gonna be Godzilla that Stern stole out from underneath them!

Stern want to build hype 2 days before xmas. People order straight away and they have machines to produce Q1 (first quarter of the year) 2020. Normally Q1 is the the slowest period for sales and production. Spooky gets one back on Stern by announcing before them!

I have heard the artwork on ST is crappy too!

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I really think Stern got caught with their pants down on this release. They didn't expect Spooky to announce and sell the game 72 hours later. Lots of money tied up now.

Hopefully Stern won’t counter that with a half baked release, I’d rather wait a few more weeks for them to reveal and polish this one.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hopefully Stern won’t counter that with a half baked release, I’d rather wait a few more weeks for them to reveal and polish this one.

The Stern release plans were baked before R&M was known publicly. Doubt they change it now. Why would they? R&M is already sold out with non-refundable deposits.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Really there’s no excuse for that!

10F30964-72CF-4494-B4D5-8C4981829CE5 (resized).jpeg10F30964-72CF-4494-B4D5-8C4981829CE5 (resized).jpeg59D67C82-DED8-4FAA-AF26-12F844E731F5 (resized).jpeg59D67C82-DED8-4FAA-AF26-12F844E731F5 (resized).jpeg929C5F32-3F89-45A5-8332-BC347F0B0084 (resized).jpeg929C5F32-3F89-45A5-8332-BC347F0B0084 (resized).jpeg
#209 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Really there’s no excuse for that![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can see any of these assets being used for the Playfield and cabinet. Pinside / Kaneda would still complain.

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Really there’s no excuse for that![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree with you. I heard SW artwork was crappy photoshop as well and I love the artwork on SW.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I can see any of these assets being used for the Playfield and cabinet. Pinside / Kaneda would still complain.

Definitely. Kaneda is becoming toxic and not good for the hobby at all.

#212 4 years ago

I bet it looks great but many will still complain. Ive been waiting to purchase my next pin and am excited to see Stranger Things. Heres hoping it looks great

#213 4 years ago

Trying to avoid all of the R&M noise. Happy for those who are happy, but this is the one that I can't wait for and will most assuredly be disappointed in when officially announced/shown- ha.

#214 4 years ago

Stern want to build hype 2 days before xmas. People order straight away and they have machines to produce Q1 (first quarter of the year) 2020. Normally Q1 is the the slowest period for sales and production. Spooky gets one back on Stern by announcing before them!

Pros are "in transit" as we speak supposedly. Yeah i don't know, i get what you are saying but 2 days before xmas isn't getting me motivated. Other shit is going on, family in town, post xmas vacation etc... If that's the case its poor timing, they ought to wait until New Year imo.

Quoted from J85M:

That's all the beans i know on this one. I suspect though that the layout is gonna be great with Eddy and people will go nuts.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pros are "in transit" as we speak supposedly. Yeah i don't know, i get what you are saying but 2 days before xmas isn't getting me motivated. Other shit is going on, family in town, post xmas vacation etc... If that's the case its poor timing, they ought to wait until New Year imo.

That's all the beans i know on this one. I suspect though that the layout is gonna be great with Eddy and people will go nuts.

I agree, wait until new year for the release. We will see in the next few days.

#216 4 years ago

How can they mess the art up on ST? Literally if the lifted the prayers I would be happy. Stern don't f up ST

RM in as well so no skin in the game

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How can they mess the art up on ST? Literally if the lifted the prayers I would be happy. Stern don't f up ST
RM in as well so no skin in the game

I do not think Stern will mess the art up. People (Kaneda started the rumour) take the opportunity to put shit on Stern any chance they get.

#218 4 years ago

I do not think Stern will mess the art up. People (Kaneda started the rumour) take the opportunity to put shit on Stern any chance they get.

I listen to Kaneda and he did not say that he heard the art is bad. I don’t know where you are getting that from.

#219 4 years ago

Haha....just now? He just started?

#220 4 years ago

oh man..i'm picturing christmas light string strung around the playfield with lettered targets. When you hit them the corresponding xmas light lights up. All sorts of cool things they could do with this....

A demigorgan that comes out of a portal towards the back of the pf, that grabs the ball as a lock (I guess kind of like the Alien mech in idea)..

I do think it would be hard to do the upside down world on the pin w/o a lower pf....maybe something bigger like HH with a reversed flipper set up...

Of course...I am going to guess nothing like any of that will actually happen.

#221 4 years ago

Kaneda never said anything negative about ST. He simply stated that a source told him pros and cons regarding this next game, and the game has several question marks basically. He hasn't seen anything. Just heard from his source.

#222 4 years ago

If there's concerns about Stranger Things it makes me wonder if its licensing related? Could be another licensed themed pin with video assets but no actor audio assets, or no original actor audio and lackluster third party callouts.

#223 4 years ago

I just hope Eddy is closer to shadows layout than MMs or AFMs. Can’t wait to see this thing!

#224 4 years ago

They could redo this one just like LOTR and I’d be happy. Artwork is last on my list. I want a journey of awesome proportions.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha....just now? He just started?

Some of the stuff he has been putting on his facebook page of late is pretty bad IMO. Worse than before and that was pretty bad already.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If there's concerns about Stranger Things it makes me wonder if its licensing related? Could be another licensed themed pin with video assets but no actor audio assets, or no original actor audio and lackluster third party callouts.

JP has turned out to be one of the best pins ever! With just Nedry

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I listen to Kaneda and he did not say that he heard the art is bad. I don’t know where you are getting that from.

He said, his sauce said.. same same to me. It is his show and his facebook page

#228 4 years ago

Yeah if they take a similar approach to ST that they did with JP I won’t be mad about it. Just be true to the series. Would be cool if they did lots of custom animations. Maybe have some of the important songs from the seasons. They seemed to get songs for guardians pretty easily. Would be nice to have some of those in here too.

Can’t wait to see how they simulate the upside down.

An interactive demogorgon would be sweet too and I’m not a bash toy fan at all.

#229 4 years ago

Given my kids’ excitement I may have to trade my JP prem for one Of these. The nutty life of pinball.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JP has turned out to be one of the best pins ever! With just Nedry

Yeah, I think that works for JP as the draw ends up being the dinosaurs. A Stranger Things pin won't have something like that to fall back on. For Stranger Things actor audio and actor video are a must as it's the characters that have helped make the theme so popular. If the game featues TWD type third party callouts and or silent video clips I think it will push a lot of people away.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just hope Eddy is closer to shadows layout than MMs or AFMs. Can’t wait to see this thing!

Me too!

I love Stern games and they really deliver for me. As you know GOT turned out to be a masterpiece without the 'Art' and without the 'Toys'. It does make a game better with great art and more toys but for me it is mainly about gameplay. I am sure people will find something to complain about-including myself but I really think Eddy will surprise us with some good stuff and the game play will be stellar.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I think that works for JP as the draw ends up being the dinosaurs. For Stranger Things however actor audio and actor video are a must as it's the characters that help make the theme popular.

for me JP is their best however it I couldn't change the audio and some music, it would be a definite issue. I hope stern doesn't go down the same road b/c i rather not put that effort into this game too. It's kind of annoying stern.

#233 4 years ago

Do you guys ever walk through a store and see something that catches your eye-only because you think it might make a cool pinball mod? Walking through Target the other night I spotted some cool die cast Stranger Things toys: 'Billy's Z28 Camaro' and 'Sheriff Hopper's Chevy Blazer'...

Hoppers Chevy Blazer.pngHoppers Chevy Blazer.pngBilly's z28 Camaro.pngBilly's z28 Camaro.png
#234 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Do you guys ever walk through a store and see something that catches your eye-only because you think it might make a cool pinball mod? Walking through Target the other night I spotted some cool die cast Stranger Things toys: 'Billy's Z28 Camaro' and 'Sheriff Hopper's Chevy Blazer'...[quoted image][quoted image]

Mods are already staring us in the face for this one!

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I think that works for JP as the draw ends up being the dinosaurs. A Stranger Things pin won't have something like that to fall back on. For Stranger Things actor audio and actor video are a must as it's the characters that have helped make the theme so popular. If the game featues TWD type third party callouts and or silent video clips I think it will push a lot of people away.

I agree with that and think they will have much more assets in this game. Probably why its only photoshopped art.

But you referenced one of the other greatest pins ever in TWD Panzer. I mean if it turns out like either of those two i'll be thrilled

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Do you guys ever walk through a store and see something that catches your eye-only because you think it might make a cool pinball mod? Walking through Target the other night I spotted some cool die cast Stranger Things toys: 'Billy's Z28 Camaro' and 'Sheriff Hopper's Chevy Blazer'...[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you grab them? You know that Stern's will be flat plastics, if they even show up in the game. Come to think of it, they do put actual toy cars in their games as long as they're $1 Hot Wheels type like Bumblebee in Transformers or the Batmobile in TDK.

#237 4 years ago

here’s my wishes for this game. being 15, all of my friends and peers around me, and including myself, love the show, so i think it will do amazing on location regardless of theme. but as a pinhead, i want this to have some bitchin’ mechs and amazing light shows with great sound to bring it all together. good layout with good art

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Did you grab them? You know that Stern's will be flat plastics, if they even show up in the game.

I almost bought them but am waiting to see if they would be a good fit or not? Hearing there is a big difference between Pro-to Premium/LE. The McFarlane figures would also be cool if there was room. I really like the McFarlane Eleven and the Dustin and Dart...

McFarlane Dustin and Dart.jpgMcFarlane Dustin and Dart.jpgMcfarlane Eleven.jpgMcfarlane Eleven.jpgMcfarlane Starnger Things figures.jpgMcfarlane Starnger Things figures.jpg
#239 4 years ago

HA! Becoming?!?!?

I’m currently in the hospital and may have to add this as another reason I’m feeling pain!

#240 4 years ago
8BA3A1B7-6840-4E94-A4BD-46811B4F769B.gif8BA3A1B7-6840-4E94-A4BD-46811B4F769B.gif
#241 4 years ago
ST Arcade.gifST Arcade.gifST ohh yea.gifST ohh yea.gif
#242 4 years ago
Attach0 (resized).jpgAttach0 (resized).jpg
#243 4 years ago

Excited to see what brian eddy has came up with after all these years.... hoping its something unconventional like the shadow design was. As good as afm and mm are we have more than enough fan layouts with central bash toy pins.

#244 4 years ago

Supposedly closer to MM and AFM than shadow.

I just hope it has at least three flippers. I’ve never had a third flipper game. Wouldn’t mind this being my first one. Haha

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just hope it has at least three flippers. I’ve never had a third flipper game. Wouldn’t mind this being my first one. Haha

Ha i was hoping for same thing. And a magnet somewhere!

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s abit disappointing I was hoping to see something other than a fan layout from Brian. Interested to see this one especially since it’s Brian on design. Shadow is one of my all time favourites.

But if he’s for magnets and ramp diverters in there (why these haven’t been used more often I’ll never know they are ace!) on a fan layout I’ll be interested.

#247 4 years ago

Don't think the theme wil be a hit in europe.
But i'am curious what he has design the last 20 years.
hope Stern not cut the bom.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

hope Stern not cut the bom.

Stern will always do this. Just how they do business. Designer tries to put all they can in it, then they cut stuff back until it meets the BOM stern sets. Best to accept it and move on.

If it’s more of a fan layout, I’d love for ramp diverters again. Those are so cool. Bring back the shadow lock magnet too. Blew my mind the first time I saw it.

The number one thing id love to see but doubt they do, is somehow have the artwork morph with the lightning when you are in the upside down. Not even sure that would be possible.

Show us already!! Haha

#249 4 years ago

f5 all day on this thread.

#250 4 years ago

10am today?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/5?hl=jray23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.