IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 144.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

A surprise Stranger Things xmas special combined with a pinball release would go down pretty well I suspect...
https://www.coupdemainmagazine.com/tv-news/15856

Christmas special, kids are playing the machine in the basement...the machine is quicksilver/stranger things retheme....nah can't happen

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Someone, please tell me this isn't it? This is just some random homebrew or something right?[quoted image]

Where did you see/find that? To be fair to Stern art is something they have been consistently doing a great job of recently so I’m expecting them to smash the art on Stranger Things, just hoping it’s not Johnny crap.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where did you see/find that? To be fair to Stern art is something they have been consistently doing a great job of recently so I’m expecting them to smash the art on Stranger Things, just hoping it’s not Johnny crap.

Someone tweeted it out a few hours ago and it was sent to me on Facebook by a friend who saw it. The tweet essentially said the same thing that this can't really be it can it?

#155 4 years ago

I would say no way...but then again, they did release that wrestling pin and the turd called avengers

#156 4 years ago

what am I even looking at?

Future pinball has a ST table - looks similar assuming that's a translite.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Someone tweeted it out a few hours ago and it was sent to me on Facebook by a friend who saw it. The tweet essentially said the same thing that this can't really be it can it?

Looking at it closer no way it’s Sterns there’s art around that star post! Stern are no longer printing art around posts after their clearcoat problems.

I hope Stern use the shows artist though, the season posters have all had a really cool art style to them.

#158 4 years ago

That image is the exact art for the season 1 poster. That playfield image is likely a homebrew project as they would look for existing art (i.e. that poster) and stick it on a playfield as is.

Stern would have thier hired artist design the art to fit the playfield features. It might have the same look and feel as previously existing art but it would not be an exact copy as shown in that twitter pic.

51UcpGz+ejL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg51UcpGz+ejL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
#159 4 years ago

C’mon Stern get the art right on this one

8166FC2A-7D83-4D9D-82E2-F724CF009F5C (resized).jpeg8166FC2A-7D83-4D9D-82E2-F724CF009F5C (resized).jpeg7523F94A-1897-4340-AD48-74E45D9DF3F5 (resized).jpeg7523F94A-1897-4340-AD48-74E45D9DF3F5 (resized).jpeg5E0923E2-D8A4-4F06-BF7F-138305B7B014 (resized).jpeg5E0923E2-D8A4-4F06-BF7F-138305B7B014 (resized).jpeg

#160 4 years ago

This is my creation: just an home made pleayfield

IMG_20191210_212505 (resized).jpgIMG_20191210_212505 (resized).jpg
#161 4 years ago

Full licensed assets are a must for a Stranger Things Pin meaning show music, actor audio + video, and custom callouts by one or more of the shows actors. Stern cannot pull a Walking Dead or Guardians with this one. A geneic Stranger Things pin won't work.

Also, I would love to see some D&D elements implemented into the games ruleset that creates a quest like feel for players. A Stranger Things pin needs a LOTR, Hobbit, Star Wars, style ruleset that works the playfield in interesting ways to go through the themes story rather then just hitting ramps and orbits in generic points based modes.

#162 4 years ago

While your getting excited! Remember the game will be lucky to have half the features of LOTR!

Problem is Stern throws you a display with movie clips etc but that doesn’t complete a Pin ! Look at DI ? Wonka ?

There’s a lot of competition out there now and growing. With Games priced at $9k for an LE that’s a hard sell with one bash toy

#163 4 years ago

If this game doesn’t have at least 5 bash toys, I’m out.

#164 4 years ago

I predict a seawitch retheme with Bronze, Gold, Diamond, Platinum, Titanium, Unobtanium levels.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from kia85:

This is my creation: just an home made pleayfield[quoted image]

Thank you!

#166 4 years ago

So if the rumors of this are true, would it make more sense for Stern to announce before or after Spooky opens up orders for Rick and Morty?

Once you preorder with Spooky you have a non-refundable 1000 to 1500 deposit so you are locked in unless you want to try and sell your spot. So if you order one of those you might be less likely to also go in on a Stranger Things pin if it got announced later?

#167 4 years ago

It would make most sense for stern to do what they normally do.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from kia85:

This is my creation: just an home made pleayfield[quoted image]

wait a min! you forgot to answer the more important question!

is you name Pete?

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So if the rumors of this are true, would it make more sense for Stern to announce before or after Spooky opens up orders for Rick and Morty?
Once you preorder with Spooky you have a non-refundable 1000 to 1500 deposit so you are locked in unless you want to try and sell your spot. So if you order one of those you might be less likely to also go in on a Stranger Things pin if it got announced later?

Most of the guys in this hobby can afford both so it’s not going to effect Spooky or Stern one way or the other.

I’d love to buy and support Spooky but so far their themes just haven’t been for me. And Sterns are just to damn expensive here in the U.K. especially when node boards blow out under less than 100 plays.

#170 4 years ago

i just hope it isn’t another munsters

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern will still sell more either way. And I have not watched either shows or care too, Spooky games are no where near as fun and creative at this point in time. I wish they were but cant match the big players. And the voices on Rick and M annoying as hell but I like the add lip remarks just wish other games had that.

#172 4 years ago

tomorrow is tuesday!

#173 4 years ago

K-man is reporting there are some real head scratchers on Stern's next pin...some good, some bad. I think we will see something very soon.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

K-man is reporting there are some real head scratchers on Stern's next pin...some good, some bad. I think we will see something very soon.

What do you think that means? Were there any other details?

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thanks for the scoop J-man.

#176 4 years ago

the vagueness is killing me. This theme could rock for many age demographics. I'm excited but the thought of negative head scratchers dampens my mood on it. Let's get some details out there!

#177 4 years ago

Will Stern throw a curve ball ala Primus type game.??

#178 4 years ago

I’m an older coot and really hope it’s stranger things !

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Will Stern throw a curve ball ala Primus type game.??

It’s definitely not that.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I'd agree that Stranger Things is on a different level than say CSI. But it is an interesting comparison to say 24. I feel like I remember pretty high levels of buzz and some fandom and such on that show way back when. It's relevance went pretty south pretty quickly, and today as a pinball theme it is pretty meh.
Stranger Things has a better outlook to age better for sure... to me, it does feel like the buzz and excitement is peaked there a tad. Still ton of appeal. Rick and Morty may be a bit fresher at the moment? Both are cool properties
If they nail the design and make a great playing pin, itll stick around. Heck BSD is a top five for me and that theme is the biggest head scratcher

R&M will last much longer than Stranger Things. The first season was one perfect story. Then it was a hit and now it feels like they have to keep pumping them out. At some point we'll follow the gang to college? R&M is a cartoon where nobody ages and there are no story arcs to start/stop. 10 years from now Morty will still be 13 or however old he is...

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s definitely not that.

I have not listened to the podcast but maybe the head scratcher is that they are not doing a lower playfield for the upsidedown. Which to be honest I do not want a lower playfield. Would much rather have the lights do all the work.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

R&M will last much longer than Stranger Things. The first season was one perfect story. Then it was a hit and now it feels like they have to keep pumping them out. At some point we'll follow the gang to college? R&M is a cartoon where nobody ages and there are no story arcs to start/stop. 10 years from now Morty will still be 13 or however old he is...

they have already announced season 4 will be the last, so no, you will not see the gang in college.

#183 4 years ago

I mean obviously a lower PF would have to be mirrored and backwards for it to work but unless it was tits I'd be out quick on that...then again I'm a pro buyer so it wouldn't have it anyway I guess. Make it a split PF and get it over with.

#184 4 years ago

I'm guessing we see something tomorrow.

Next Tuesday would be really close to Christmas, so I bet tomorrow is the day.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

they have already announced season 4 will be the last, so no, you will not see the gang in college.

I don't think it was definitive like that. The last I heard they said they were doing season 4 and maybe 5, but didn't think it would go beyond that.

#186 4 years ago

either way.. they missed striking while they iron was hot. and to be relevant in 5 years will have to be a great game on its own as the theme goes from being an asset to forgotten (quicker than R&M anyway)

#187 4 years ago

Have some of you even seen the show? The Upside Down is not mirror image, or backwards, or under, or even upside down, it is the same world but way darker, spooky if I may be so bold, with that snowy crap floating around. Kind of a misnomer when you think about it.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Have some of you even seen the show? The Upside Down is not mirror image, or backwards, or under, or even upside down, it is the same world but way darker, spooky if I may be so bold, with that snowy crap floating around. Kind of a misnomer when you think about it.

You are very correct on this. But it has Upside and Down in the name so HA. Jk . I agree with you.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

That's my bet. Pros are already in transit to Distros.

#190 4 years ago

How far behind are premiums usually?

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My guess is the announcement will be made on the 23rd December and start taking orders straight away. Spooky has taken a lot of thunder out of the market with Rick and Morty, wait a few more days.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Premiums usually ship 60-90 days from announce.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Premiums are the last off the line, so usually about 1.5-2 months after Pros.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Can you expand what K said? I rarely listen to his podcast. Really hope Stern hasn’t fucked this one up, seems like a really easy licence to make a great pin out of with awesome lighting effects and some cool magnet tricks.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can you expand what K said? I rarely listen to his podcast. Really hope Stern hasn’t fucked this one up, seems like a really easy licence to make a great pin out of with awesome lighting effects and some cool magnet tricks.

He said there is a lot of good and a lot of bad. Something to that effect.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Sounds like every release to me

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Spooky has taken a lot of thunder out of the market with Rick and Morty, wait a few more days.

Yeah, check the stats on the threads: Ram 566 Pinsiders vs StrT 76 Pinsiders.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, check the stats on the threads: Ram 566 Pinsiders vs StrT 76 Pinsiders.

Not totally fair since one has been announced, reviled, and sold, while the other hasn't been confirmed by Stern.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So in other words, he has not seen shit and just acts like it per usual. Lol

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

My guess is the announcement will be made on the 23rd December and start taking orders straight away. Spooky has taken a lot of thunder out of the market with Rick and Morty, wait a few more days.

That's what some say too but why do that 2 days before xmas?

It is a bit funny that Spooky beat them to the punch with a theme that was gonna be Godzilla that Stern stole out from underneath them!

Supposedly the artwork is crappy photoshop on ST amongst some other issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/4?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.