IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 144.
#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are currently 87 different abbreviations for this game. Well, 88 now with yours.

STT

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think your right, how many great sterns started off with these same mixed reviews. DP and TWD did and both are great.

Metallica.....

#2353 4 years ago

Would have rather had the X-Men Nightcrawler pop-ups be repurposed in this game for Brian Eddy. Hitting a change of state pop up toy is satisfying and fun. Could’ve easily been used as the demodogs.

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

and you're in? And people wonder why Stern doesn't feel the need to raise the bar...
If you want an LE, you have to buy in first hours or you may not get one, so I rolled the dice. Time will tell how it plays out

Not true at all. FOMO is a real thing!

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

yes but at code 0.62. not really ready. a box of lights basically.

That's just not true if you watched the stream. It's .64 code. BM66 was a "box of lights".

BOTTOM LINE

We are looking at a sub $6k street price pro pinball machine!!!!! Why did they stream the pro? I'm guessing so they knew the LE's would sell out like they have and they want to collect the money before folks can change their minds.

Great job on the stream Jack Danger, with Brian and Mike V., the Stern unsung hero.

It's FOMO people. Bottom line again. it works! Hats off to Spooky and Stern for taking advantage of it.

You DON'T compare this PRO game to POTC, WONKA or TBL, which now costs $12,500.

When the game goes PROJECTOR mode with all the great scenes from show including the white snow scenes and others, let's talk then. LOL

Until then, enjoy some great pinball and the fact that we have tons of options to buy from, or not.

And Merry Xmas to you guys!!!!

#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is very typical of designers getting back in the game.
Nordman’s POTC was reminiscent of dr dude.
T3 was similar to t2.
RAZA / magic girl complete fucking messes like most jpop stuff.
It’s natural that these guys want to return in their comfort zone.

I'm just here for the Levi jpop opinions. lol.

Quoted from mnpinball:

Would have rather had the X-Men Nightcrawler pop-ups be repurposed in this game for Brian Eddy. Hitting a change of state pop up toy is satisfying and fun. Could’ve easily been used as the demodogs.

GREAT idea.

Honestly, I would have loved to see the Mind Flayer in the center, even on a spring, like AFM saucer, and a Demogorgon the you access more like rescuing the princess in MM, as the "scoop." Or like locking a ball for Trooper MB on Maiden Premium/LE.

I just think feel like Stern went w/a completely carbon copy layout, and the person coding really hasn't watched Stranger Things at all, until they got the assignment. The code screams "OK Boomer".

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Why are so many people down on this pin? Honest question.

It’s Christmas. People been cooped up in their homes with relatives they can’t stand, stressed out about any number of things. Their teenage niece keeps arguing with them about politics. Mother in law on your ass. Grandpa won’t shut the hell up about some Fight he’s having with his neighbor.

And of course the holidays can put people who don’t have any loved ones to commiserate with in a foul mood too. Hey, shitting all over Stranger Things is better than suicide or a mall rampage, for both you and society at large.

Plus - and this is a huge factor - this is the first chance the Rick and Morty cult has had to dump on a new release since they paid $1,500 for a game they won’t see in two years and haven’t seen a stream for yet.

It’s a perfect powder keg for over the top hatred. It doesn’t matter WHICH game was released, these rabid jackals we’re going to tear into it like your alcoholic uncle into the egg nog. There was more pent up energy here than the sexual tension between Diane and Sam at the cheers bar. And it had to be released!!!

As usual it’s representative of nothing. stranger things will sell like gang busters both here (the upside down) and in the real world, which pinside remains completely out of touch with.

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

this makes me miss my XM LE.. there was a lot going on there

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Absolutely. Some pins translate fine to a Pro when features are changed and cut...JP’s T-Rex doesn’t move, but it’s still a big ass T-Rex. In this case, the screen, which is fundamentally required for this new projection effect, is just a giant wall with a sticker. A wall with a sticker is an embarrassingly odd thing to have in a pinball machine. I’m shocked so many people here seem cool with it. Has it not been a result of having to alter a Prem toy, no game would ever be designed with a sticker wall.

I don't want to seem like just another complainer, but I have to say the sticker wall image of the lab is pretty lame. A jump ramp is cool and all, but I don't care for that flat sticker wall in the least. It's huge too. Seems like we should be able to have a sculpted building facade somehow while incorporating a fold down ramp like that that still looked decent. Hell, even some creative use of several flat plastics to form a cheap 3d representation of a building in some way would be better, Stern has done similar before. A straight up giant flat wall and sticker is ridiculous. Otherwise, the Pro should have the projector on this design it seems, plain and simple.

It looks like this shoots really nice, I'm looking forward to playing it though. The inner loop looks nice, the inner lane to the left of the drops looks interesting in use, ramps look like combos are fun and repeatable, and the left orbit long return to the flipper will probable feel really nice (love that shot on Avengers/DP Prem). I'm just having a hard time with that sticker wall...

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s Christmas. People been cooped up in their homes with relatives they can’t stand, stressed out about any number of things. Their teenage niece keeps arguing with them about politics. Mother in law on your ass. Grandpa won’t shut the hell up about some Fight he’s having with his neighbor.
And of course the holidays can put people who don’t have any loved ones to commiserate with in a foul mood too. Hey, shitting all over Stranger Things is better than suicide or a mall rampage, for both you and society at large.
Plus - and this is a huge factor - this is the first chance the Rick and Morty cult has had to dump on a new release since they paid $1,500 for a game they won’t see in two years and haven’t seen a stream for yet.
It’s a perfect powder keg for over the top hatred. It doesn’t matter WHICH game was released, these rabid jackals we’re going to tear into it like your alcoholic uncle into the egg nog. There was more pent up energy here than the sexual tension between Diane and Sam at the cheers bar. And it had to be released!!!
As usual it’s representative of nothing. stranger things will sell like gang busters both here (the upside down) and in the real world, which pinside remains completely out of touch with.

Damn, when you're right you're right! 100% correct.

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You're projecting. There's only been a handful of R&M people even comment. I'm one of them, and I've not bashed the machine, but I won't sit here and pretend I'm blown away by it. I haven't pretended to be blown away by R&M either. It's not even comparable to Ice's idiotic rant a few pages back about it. No, people have been pretty tame about their dislike of the game. If you can't see that, you're the one with the issues.

If anything, I'd say the hype around this game is nowhere near the R&M hype, but that is mostly Stern's fault. It probably shows here more than out in the wild, simply because of all the QA issues people are getting tired of. I agree though, I think this will sell just fine. I don't see it as an either/or, but speaking as a home owner, I do decide what I will and won't put my money down on and when someone says their reasons, it doesn't make them wrong - which seems to trigger everyone who does put their money down.

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Damn, when you're right you're right! 100% correct.

Leviissometimesright.com!

#2363 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I don't want to seem like just another complainer, but I have to say the sticker wall image of the lab is pretty lame. A jump ramp is cool and all, but I don't care for that flat sticker wall in the least. It's huge too. Seems like we should be able to have a sculpted building somehow while incorporating a fold down ramp like that that still looked decent. Hell, even some creative use of several flat plastics to form a cheap 3d representation of a building in some way would be better. A straight up giant flat wall and sticker is ridiculous. Otherwise, the Pro should have the projector on this design it seems, plain and simple.

Gotta agree. I get why it's there since it's part of the overall design and cheaper to share parts across pro and premium. Probably hides ugly mech stuff, too. It would of been nice if there was a little more effort to design the pro instead of just cheapening a premium. If anything it's a good opportunity for modders. A 3d sculpted lab front with window led lights would be perfect.

#2364 4 years ago

After watching the pro stream, this pin is a home run. I've never seen the TV show before, but the music & light show / ambiance makes gameplay immersive. I love the ruleset and sounds. The center drops, ramp, and... whatever the hell that monster is... is a great addition to the game.

The downside is that it seems to be rather long-playing like most sterns these days. I mostly play in competition and every time I get assigned to a stern I expect to be at the machine for ~40 minutes. This appears to be more of the same. It's also mostly a fan layout, but that center area really does something for me.

I'm more excited about this pin than I have been for any stern in the past 3-5 years. I'm too committed to other pins atm, but I will be adding this to my wish list right now.

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You're projecting.

Yeah just like a rick and morty cultist to bring up the projector. Again. For the 500th time.

The projector will be fine goddammit! It’s not rocket science! It’s gonna be super fucking cool and everybody knows it.

If spooky did the projector it would have brilliant innovation. Kind of like how their space ship on a spring is perfectly cool and when stern does it on a game that costs $2,000 less it’s a war crime!

#2366 4 years ago

I believe code will have to save this game. I'm a fan of Stranger Things and like others have mentioned, there needs to be more call outs/music. What if Ghostbusters just had Ray Parker music playing over and over again. The theme integration of that game was amazing. So we already have the shots in this game. Just need more theme integration.

One thing I noticed in the stream was that defeating the Demogorgon was nothing special. Obviously this could already be coded into the game but if it's not, this would make it more interesting.

Instead of one shot into the mouth to defeat the Demogorgon, how about three shots into it's mouth. Or better yet, you have to hit the Demogorgon on the side three times to qualify for the shot into the mouth before ramp goes back up. After that's been completed, you have to do that 5 more times throughout the game to qualify for Demogorgon Multi-ball. When that has been started, you get triple jackpot when ball is shot into mouth.

Not saying this is a perfect scenario but can really add to the game.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah just like a rick and morty cultist to bring up the projector. Again. For the 500th time.
The projector will be fine goddammit! It’s not rocket science! It’s gonna be super fucking cool and everybody knows it.
If spooky did the projector it would have brilliant innovation. Kind of like how their space ship on a spring is perfectly cool and when stern does it on a game that costs $2,000 less it’s a war crime!

So what you're saying is you didn't actually read the thread at all and talking out your ass.

#2368 4 years ago

So LE's already sold out?

500 was a good number, not too many, just right.

#2369 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So what you're saying is you didn't actually read the thread at all and talking out your ass.

No what I’m saying is you are owned.

I love “you didn’t read the thread” guys. I’ve read enough how much of that shit can you take?! I threw in the towel with the 600th dude saying “my big worry is the projector!!” And the 100th genius noting some of the video didn’t even have dialogue how could stern do that when we all know it’s going to get fixed.

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No what I’m saying is you are owned.

Right..go ahead and quote anything I stated that remotely has anything to do with what you said. Go ahead, we are all waiting. You're acting like a certain person in charge of the country spouting fake news and trying to pass it off as truth.

#2371 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So true about the Rick and Morty crowd. I love how patient and forgiving they are about all things Spooky but with Stern, it better be perfect, flawless, cheap, and on my porch in 5 minutes. It's all good to me. I would love to play RaM but will probably never see one. Look forward to seeing Stranger Things. They will sell well and be everywhere in a month or so.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Right..go ahead and quote anything I stated that remotely has anything to do with what you said. Go ahead, we are all waiting.

Really? I’m going to need everybody to tell me they are waiting before I do that. You are a nobody.

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Really? I’m going to need everybody to tell me they are waiting before I do that. You are nobody.

Didn't think so. We'll just start calling you Fake News.

#2374 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

So true about the Rick and Morty crowd. I love how patient and forgiving they are about all things Spooky but with Stern, it better be perfect, flawless, cheap, and on my porch in 5 minutes. It's all good to me. I would love to play RaM but will probably never see one. Look forward to seeing Stranger Things. They will sell well and be everywhere in a month or so.

You are going to have to find Zabroni saying that, and get it notarized. Well. We are all waiting!!!

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not a ship on a spring sir its an interactive ship!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2376 4 years ago

For those of you not interested in the always amusing sh!t-talking banter, and more interested in talking about how the game shoots and hash out the basic rules of the game, head over here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093/3

I'm looking forward to playing it.

#2377 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

For those of you not interested in the always amusing sh!t-talking banter, and more interested in talking about how the game shoots and hash out the basic rules of the game, head over here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093/3
I'm looking forward to playing it.

Nobody here is interested in tilt forums. And it’s for the best, trust me.

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Leviissometimesright.com!

META

#2379 4 years ago

It's funny watching an adult sling insults and lies on the internet, and expect people to take them seriously. Stand up people I'm sure.

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's funny watching an adult sling insults and lies on the internet, and expect people to take them seriously. Stand up people I'm sure.

It’s funny seeing adults get on a cross and playing the martyr over a pinball discussion. Perfectly socially adjusted people I’m sure.

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like some selective perception. I'm in on a Rick and Morty and think Stranger Things looks like a lot of fun and the projector looks quite innovative, good on Stern for trying something new.

Is there a term in the pinball glossary for 'White Knighting' in pinball, just wondering? If not, we need one. Not saying it applies here in this case, but some Pinsiders do seem to be vehement defenders of pinball brands.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s funny seeing adults get on a cross over a pinball discussion. Perfectly socially adjusted people I’m sure.

It's funny seeing people lie, and name call over a pinball discussion, yet, here you are.

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seems like some selective perception. I'm in on a Rick and Morty and think Stranger Things looks like a lot of fun and the projector looks quite innovative, good on Stern for trying something new.
Is there a term in the pinball glossary for 'White Knighting' in pinball, just wondering? If not, we need one. Not saying it applies here in this case, but some Pinsiders do seem to be vehement defenders of pinball brands.

Same things I said, but some people are too Ford vs. Chevy and can't stand any criticism at all. You're always going to get the oddball who hates on one or the other, but this thread really hasn't been that way...yet. In fact, this thread is dead for a just released pin...but it could be the holidays.

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure what the consensus is for the abbreviation of Stranger Things is but ST I am devoting to Star Trek, so I have chosen SRT.

STS

#2385 4 years ago

SNFLXSTNGRTHGS

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

SNFLXSTNGRTHGS

Make it so!

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

Nothing happens when you make the demogorgon shot, the ramp simply closes. No exploding castle, no flying saucer flashing lights etc. The ramp just closes. Not rewarding at all.

You haven't seen the projector effects for this yet.

#2388 4 years ago

BTW Whats the action button for?

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My Gawd, it’s like he knows me... now where’s my shotgun...

2F0EEF99-6F15-428C-A536-594FFC1B1438 (resized).jpeg2F0EEF99-6F15-428C-A536-594FFC1B1438 (resized).jpeg
#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I really don’t get the concern over the projector. Didn’t they say it was basically off the shelf. I just bought my daughter a portable projector and it was half the price of pin stadiums and way more than you would need in a pin.

The projector would have been a great idea on CFTBL.

#2391 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Would have been tough to pull that off in 1993.

#2392 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

In the future as flexible/transparent lcd becomes more available and cheaper, think of the possibilities of it implemented on pinball or even mods for older games such as this.

#2393 4 years ago

I was really hoping this would become my first NIB, but it just doesn't wow me, like I was hoping for. I don't like R&M theme, but I think it looks more interesting honestly. I will just wait for the right theme / layout that suits me I guess.

#2394 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody here is interested in tilt forums. And it’s for the best, trust me.

Not entirely true but I get what you are saying.

Sometimes I think I am on Pinstadiumside

Tilt is a great resource, as a game ultimately stands or falls on it's code.

But we are at least a year away from completion, so carry on with projector bulb discussions

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not entirely true but I get what you are saying.
Sometimes I think I am on Pinstadiumside
Tilt is a great resource, as a game ultimately stands or falls on it's code.

I think “fake news” Levi was insinuating that he’s glad certain folks here stay off tilt vs. actually dogging it... but what the hell do I know, I’ve been angrily chugging egg nog and eating garbage food for the past few days and my parents won’t turn off the news and it’s cold as balls here and there’s no end in sight to this madness dear god will somebody fucking help me!!!

Actually, screw it. Let’s stir the pot. Crazy Levi hates the tilt forum fight fight fight!!!

#2396 4 years ago

Watched some stream and yea still not into it. I really expected more. Ah well, I’ll go flip my afm.

#2397 4 years ago

Upon just viewing the video of gameplay... it looks super bad to me. I hope I am wrong, but christ is that one open playfield.

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I think “fake news” Levi was insinuating that he’s glad certain folks here stay off tilt vs. actually dogging it... but what the hell do I know, I’ve been angrily chugging egg nog and eating garbage food for the past few days and my parents won’t turn off the news and it’s cold as balls here and there’s no end in sight to this madness dear god will somebody fucking help me!!!
Actually, screw it. Let’s stir the pot. Crazy Levi hates the tilt forum fight fight fight!!!

I just don’t think these two groups mesh very well.

Every time the wall has been breached it’s been a bit of a disaster!

#2400 4 years ago

Everyone is all Rick n Morty vs Stranger Things, and I’m sitting here like “I bought both” cuz why the hell not?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/48?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.