IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 144.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Where is this streaming, I don’t see anything on deadflip?

Reload?

#2102 4 years ago

i might go pro. has anybody mentioned how long the projector bulb lasts? you might not see it in a dark room and it will get out of focus. idk if it has been mentioned.

#2105 4 years ago

Best part about the stream so far is seeing how happy Brian Eddy is to be back designing pinball machines! Glad he's back.

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well everyone has their theme preference, I can't stand themes like Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, or Hobbit.
Give me the 80's, Monsters, kids on bikes and walkie talkies all day long. Stanger Things,Back to The Future and The Goonies are for me. This at least checks one of those off my bucket list.

And some 80’s music!

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i might go pro. has anybody mentioned how long the projector bulb lasts? you might not see it in a dark room and it will get out of focus. idk if it has been mentioned.

These issues should be explored!

#2108 4 years ago

I think the pro is fine , im in on a pro . This is great.

#2109 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you might not see it in a dark room and it will get out of focus.

Then turn the lights on.

#2110 4 years ago

Pro looks good... really wanna premium...now

#2111 4 years ago

Looks like they have plenty of assets.

Sounds in general are cool.

#2112 4 years ago

Looks better on this stream.

#2113 4 years ago

Prepared to order an LE, but the code in the stream isn’t grabbing me yet.

#2114 4 years ago

Two things that are missing in my opinion are the D&D and comedy elements from the show. Stranger Things is a dark show at times but it's also filled with a lot of comedy. Without those in the game its coming across as a generic mode based game with Stranger Things video clips. Hopefully this changes as the code develops with much more choreography for modes being added. Would also be nice to have some extra hook for progressing through modes such as how LOTR has Gift of the Elves, ST medals, Dialed In SIM cards, etc. Just not feeling it so far.

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Looks better on this stream.

Absolutely- if Stern is going to get these games out so quickly, they want to make sure you can’t stream it before their official stream.

Multiball starts are cool.

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Prepared to order an LE, but the code in the stream isn’t grabbing me yet.

Code is bad at this point. There's even video that is missing audio....

#2117 4 years ago

Yikes...the grinch must've come down from the mtn and stole all the goodies off the pro and left a bill( ) for hauling them away.

#2118 4 years ago

light show looks great. LCD screen seems to be higher quality on this machine than previous sterns. Hearing jackpot constantly in that one mode is annoying, but seems really fun for early code. I may have to get in later in production with mature code. I think I would prefer a pro personally. Cant wait to try on location somewhere.

#2119 4 years ago

Game looks like a snore fest so far.

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Code is bad at this point. There's even video that is missing audio....

That (Callouts) is the main thing that is missing.

If voices are missing in the video clips they'll propably have to synch soundalikes.

#2121 4 years ago

Hope some of the LCD is placeholder. Some of it looks great, other things like the jackpot and ball lock screens not so much.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If voices are missing in the video clips they'll propably have to synch soundalikes.

I heard voices in one of the clips.

#2122 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who is Yusef?

Your mom.

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Hope some of the LCD is placeholder. Some of it looks great, other things like the jackpot and ball lock screens not so much.

I heard voices in one of the clips.

I only heard the gal screaming.

Only thing really bugging me (at the moment) is that there ios no real "upside down" indicator in the Pro.

The projector is missing, ok, but maybe some different colored GI? :-/

#2124 4 years ago

My thoughts so far....

Brian Eddy seems like a great dude(glad he's back)

Game art is cool

Theater screen on premium looks horrible when turned off(matters to some people)

Pro looks ok but no amazing feature

Not sure what's happening on code once again

Not enough 80's feel, which is what makes show so great IMO

Upside down modes seem too short and even a little easy at times

Again, not enough 80's

No real music other than theme music...(hurts)

Overall....It's really early code, so hopefully it adds a ton, but I'm feeling like this is the game. Unfortunately it isn't grabbing me like I had hoped. I'll wait to see how it develops over next few months and in the meantime wait to see TMNT, and gnr coming soon. It's a great theme, but it's missing so many elements at this point such as music, callouts, and the big moments that make you say wow. Maybe the premium will help, but I'm not holding my breath.

#2125 4 years ago

Game looks cool, but really want to see the Premium in action.

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I only heard the gal screaming.
Only thing really bugging me (at the moment) is that there ios no real "upside down" indicator in the Pro.
The projector is missing, ok, but maybe some different colored GI? :-/

That's what I was thinking too? It didn't even seem like the lighting changed at all?

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's what I was thinking too? It didn't even seem like the lighting changed at all?

Looked that way.

Ok there's only white & purple GI but shut off the white maybe?

#2128 4 years ago

In on an LE. Game looks like a wood chopping snore fest. No quirky humor, no goals to reach, no narrator to help move game along. No linear mode progression, just modes and random multiballs. Shoot x ramp 15x for extra ball.

Hoping code evolves into something fun. Stern has been making some great games, I hope this becomes one.

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

In on an LE. Game looks like a wood chopping snore fest. No quirky humor, no goals to reach, no narrator to help move game along. No linear mode progression, just modes and random multiballs. Shoot x ramp 15x for extra ball.
Hoping code evolves into something fun. Stern has been making some great games, I hope this becomes one.

and you're in? And people wonder why Stern doesn't feel the need to raise the bar...

#2130 4 years ago

I really like that left ramp

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

My thoughts so far....
Brian Eddy seems like a great dude(glad he's back)
Game art is cool
Theater screen on premium looks horrible when turned off(matters to some people)
Pro looks ok but no amazing feature
Not sure what's happening on code once again
Not enough 80's feel, which is what makes show so great IMO
Upside down modes seem too short and even a little easy at times
Again, not enough 80's
No real music other than theme music...(hurts)
Overall....It's really early code, so hopefully it adds a ton, but I'm feeling like this is the game. Unfortunately it isn't grabbing me like I had hoped. I'll wait to see how it develops over next few months and in the meantime wait to see TMNT, and gnr coming soon. It's a great theme, but it's missing so many elements at this point such as music, callouts, and the big moments that make you say wow. Maybe the premium will help, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think the display and sound are borderline terrible at times. Lots of stereotypical 80s styles but nothing that really captures the show. Especially telekinesis mb...

I wonder if anyone on these teams are big fans or the show even? Hoping it’s just early code.

#2132 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I really like that left ramp

Both ramps feel really nice. Same with the inner right orbit next to the drops.

#2133 4 years ago

I cannot see past the ugly thing they put there as the screen. Even in the pro where it not even is a screen. Looks very very cheap, something I had not expected from Brian Eddy's first. They could have made the building there or something but now it is just some plane rectangles. That combined with the lack of wireforms screams cheap to me.

So bummed out because this really is a good theme.

#2134 4 years ago

and you're in? And people wonder why Stern doesn't feel the need to raise the bar...

If you want an LE, you have to buy in first hours or you may not get one, so I rolled the dice. Time will tell how it plays out

#2135 4 years ago

I think putting these out now with such primitive code is bad practice. I'm sure in the grand scheme of on location games it probably doesn't matter, but it sure doesn't make me want to buy one. Especially given all the other potential issues Stern is known for.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think putting these out now with such primitive code is bad practice. I'm sure in the grand scheme of on location games it probably doesn't matter, but it sure doesn't make me want to buy one. Especially given all the other potential issues Stern is known for.

I do not agree and this is definitely not bad practice. I like when the games come out with early code. Watching the game progress is awesome. Lonnie will do a good job on this game.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I do not agree and this is definitely not bad practice. I like when the games come out with early code. Watching the game progress is awesome. Lonnie will do a good job on this game.

Yea, not a fan of being a beta tester. Been there done that too many times. Rarely ends well. I just want to play the finished product.

#2138 4 years ago

For sure, it doesn’t try to capture the throw back 80s humor and nostalgia, which is such a huge part of the show...

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, not a fan of being a beta tester. Been there done that too many times. Rarely ends well. I just want to play the finished product.

then set your timer for 1 year from now and then come back and give us your opinion.

#2140 4 years ago

deadpool was fun to own and watch progress. Game went from OK to incredible with updates....Will give this game a chance to grow. I agree it can be fun to be along for the ride.

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, not a fan of being a beta tester.

Should try it sometime. It’s rewarding to see stuff you suggested get into a game.

#2142 4 years ago

I gotta ask why they even show it? It's not interesting at all right now. Why would anyone rush out to buy until they can see what it will be when done? I love the show, but I'm not feeling this game for some reason. I will say though, the pro has a good light show at this point.

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should try it sometime. It’s rewarding to see stuff you suggested get into a game.

Why'd you leave out the 'been there done that'?

#2144 4 years ago

I’m a fan!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg4AC03A8E-02C2-44DA-A254-78AE974B4495 (resized).jpeg4AC03A8E-02C2-44DA-A254-78AE974B4495 (resized).jpeg1B92F1A9-9B04-4064-860C-F23C78B1CEED (resized).jpeg1B92F1A9-9B04-4064-860C-F23C78B1CEED (resized).jpeg889E9AED-3CB3-4D98-89A0-199E767D2200 (resized).jpeg889E9AED-3CB3-4D98-89A0-199E767D2200 (resized).jpeg
#2145 4 years ago

Watching the Jack Danger stream and I'm really liking what I'm seeing.....

They nailed the music, the sound effects, the video clips, 80s art, modes seemed varied with themes, even harper call outs are great (extra ball especially). The freaking animations are even nice.

Early code but still plenty there and I really like where they're going with it. Biggest missing piece is the humor. They need to inject some (haven't seen it yet)....

#2146 4 years ago

Completely agree on the humor.

#2147 4 years ago

So initial impressions:

[Edit: Disclaimer - I don't know the show at all.]

Positive:
- I like the Artdesign
- I like flow and shots, looks very satisfieing and fast
[Edit: - All the inserts look for a promising amount of modes, as they said]
- I like the music...

Negative:
- ...wich nontheless gives me a headache if they don't mix it up a little.
- The main toy is not as interactive as you'd suspect from a Brian Eddy game. ( Let's wait how the Premium/ LE performs)
- I very much dislike that the upsidedown mode doesn't have a visual indicator (change of GI lighting).

But that last thing, the music as well as all other gripes that people mentioned are fixable with code.

My temporary verdict for the Pro:
Looking forward to play this... on location.

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Watching the Jack Danger stream and I'm really liking what I'm seeing.....
They nailed the music, the sound effects, the video clips, 80s art, modes seemed varied with themes, even harper call outs are great (extra ball especially). The freaking animations are even nice.
Early code but still plenty there and I really like where they're going with it. Biggest missing piece is the humor. They need to inject some (haven't seen it yet)....

My sentiments exactly!

#2149 4 years ago

Sorry I haven't had time to burn through every recent post, but could someone tell me how this title went from a mere rumour to physically in peoples hands within a week!?

#2150 4 years ago

0F9F9A99-A679-4A44-B8D7-E266BEFE0912 (resized).jpeg0F9F9A99-A679-4A44-B8D7-E266BEFE0912 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/43?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.