IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 144.
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hilton how hard is it to hit the Plant Vagina-ummmm I mean Demogorgan in the hole?

It is a bit odd for a toy TBT.

Shot is a flat ramp when down which basically means you can launch the ball all over the place, lol.

The labia kind of help direct it into the hole.

I dont know this show but I assume you really want to shove your balls in it to kill it?

Game is very much AFM esque but IMHO the shots are more fun/flow (no vuk pause and I really like the left orbit to right ramp return. Also the inside loop (just to left of the right ramp) is fun.

The drop targets being up the middle are a cool risk/in your face. They are going to take a pounding.

The only shot that is odd is the far left dead end. It kicks up to the drop targets form that shot. Not sure exactly where it is supposed to target. Seems odd, but whatevs. fun to shoot

#2052 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I wouldn’t want to spend $5700 on a pro and be the first to report such defects.

Dood, relax, life is good. I got a JP2 LE with the new playfield and is a beautiful thing! I'm in on an LE. Reach for your phone, call your distributor, place an order, sit back with a nice glass of wine, some lovely cheese and enjoy the rays whilst the heroic people at Stern bring you a big fucking beautiful Stranger Things Pro.

6d0b6924a3dcce1c220c1b727c4af49ed6921d78d487719966ef38d5660ced6c (resized).jpg6d0b6924a3dcce1c220c1b727c4af49ed6921d78d487719966ef38d5660ced6c (resized).jpg

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Crazy, right?
AFM is only one of the best games of all time, so who wants something modeled after that? Idiots. And then they go and mix it together with a well-implemented, modern and beloved theme? What a bunch of morons!

The godfather is a great movie... it doesnt mean i want all movies to be 3hrs long, nor will making them 3hrs make them good.

Why should “more of the same” make it something you want to buy again if you already have the original?

#2054 4 years ago

Definitely interested in flipping this, but not sure I'd want to own one. We shall wait and see.

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The labia kind of help direct it into the hole.
I dont know this show but I assume you really want to shove your balls in it to kill it?

Laughing...gifLaughing...gif
#2057 4 years ago

Pro gameplay looked pretty boring from that stream. Hopefully Jack is streaming Premium.

Edit: I can’t believe they removed the levitating ball lock from the pro.

#2058 4 years ago

Fired this up tonight. Wow...there are a lot of similarities. Especially the drop down targets to bash the Demogorgon and the ball launch. Anyhow, this one cost $5900 less and has songs from the show! Can't wait to play the Stern on location.

20191223_181419 (resized).jpg20191223_181419 (resized).jpg
#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Ehh, not so sure...Do we really need fully rendered 3d animations on par with something like a Death Stranding? I think JP's animations are great, no problems with them to me.

Of course not - my issue isn’t realism or resolution...but art direction and animation. The humans on the JP display look wonky and dated. Stern seems to do OK with monsters and animals, though.

Personally I’d rather see more 2D stuff like Alice Cooper. Pinball isn’t a video game, so the score display doesn’t need to look like one...but if it tries, and looks dated - it is what it is. I have the same critique of P3 games. Technology with dated art direction just looks old..it has the opposite affect than intended.

#2061 4 years ago

Don't know if it's the players...but that stream makes the game look pretty boring :/

#2062 4 years ago

My favorite shot is when you shoot it up the middle and it dribbles out the side like drool out of a dogs mouth.

Quoted from Zablon:

Don't know if it's the players...but that stream makes the game look pretty boring :/

Well that camera shot was just bad. Why even bother.

GAP hit me up next time you got a brand new machine you want to not stream poorly. Ive got cameras, mics, etc. Just for the chance to play a new game early, Id come by.

#2063 4 years ago

No callouts, voice clips or many music changes yet. Very early code.

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Looks super boring. Kinda surprised.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

My thought was on wireform returns, not the entry ramps. But apparently a cost cutting measure as Ice mentioned above. No big deal.

Look at the video & pics again.

Then answer the question:
How to project images onto a wireform RETURN?
0piy2fp9 (resized).jpg0piy2fp9 (resized).jpg

And yes you could change in the middle of the ramp but... why?!

#2066 4 years ago

If you decide to try our option for your machines we stand by our products. We are a small business, customer service and keeping our customers happy is of the utmost importance to us! If you were to purchase and for any reason are not happy we will refund your purchase, no problem!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! For any technical questions, you can PM our engineer @marka.

Thank you.

~Sandra

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Looks super boring. Kinda surprised.

It's great that Stern announced, and shipped a game in the same day but does any of that matter when the code looks like an alpha release? Might as well wait until around CES and have the code further along. After watching that quick video all I could think is how much better Jurassic Park looks with its custom animations and lack of movie assets.

#2068 4 years ago

Stern are certainly on a roll. JP, Elvira and now Stranger Things have been launched and released within a few months. Very impressive that they are shipping from launch day. JJP and Spooky cannot compete with this. In this day and age you shouldn't have to wait a year for a game. I'm not a Stern fan boy just impressed with their ability to deliver great games at a crazy pace.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

[quoted image]

Same way they are doing it everywhere else... with a sign/surface hung on it.

Did you fail to notice the main projection surface is nothing but a big billboard hanging in open space?

#2070 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's great that Stern announced, and shipped a game in the same day but does any of that matter when the code looks like an alpha release? Might as well wait until around CES and have the code further along. After watching that quick video all I could think is how much better Jurassic Park looks with its custom animations and lack of movie assets.

This is reminding me of the GOTG launch. Remember that with zero voices at all? Although once we heard “boballee bobo” we realized why lol

#2071 4 years ago

Next year is going to be a stellar pinball year. (Including today on.) Goodbye all quarters.

So much good stuff out and coming.

#2072 4 years ago

My 14 year old daughter gave me the go ahead to get one. It one her favorite shows. Waiting to play one before purchasing but really like what I see so far.

#2073 4 years ago

I am sure there will be a bunch of folks making mods for the game. Always is with each release.

Lighted Dildo for plant vagina ? Hope not.

Can't unsee this. Don't think I can play the game.

ST (resized).jpgST (resized).jpg
#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I am sure there will be a bunch of folks making mods for the game. Always is with each release.
Lighted Dildo for plant vagina ? Hope not.
Can't unsee this. Don't think I can play the game.[quoted image]

If the color went from grey to flesh toned, yeah, ugh...

#2075 4 years ago

Ghostbusters battle The DemoGorgon!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2076 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Who wants to be one of the first to spend $9k on a Stranger Things LE and report if there are any playfield issues?!
[quoted image]

FANDOM WINS!

#2077 4 years ago
pred (resized).PNGpred (resized).PNG
#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

No callouts, voice clips or many music changes yet. Very early code.

Might help a bit, but the layout is really uninspiring.

Game was definitely designed around the projector......which is a problem for the pro because it doesn’t have one.

#2079 4 years ago

Not impressed at all with the first stream. Hoping stern has a code update on the machine they'll stream tonight. Jurassic Park came out firing. If code isn't updated tonight, I won't be able to understand the rush to release this game. First impressions matter.

Guys dog jjp and spooky for their more limited releases, but they at least come with most the code done. I'd rather get a game when it's actually ready than half baked, or maybe even less in this case. Guess we'll see tonight, but so far there's not enough to tell what the code will be like.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Stern are certainly on a roll. JP, Elvira and now Stranger Things have been launched and released within a few months. Very impressive that they are shipping from launch day. JJP and Spooky cannot compete with this. In this day and age you shouldn't have to wait a year for a game. I'm not a Stern fan boy just impressed with their ability to deliver great games at a crazy pace.

Spooky isn’t trying to compete or be stern. At least not today. Spooky is happy being exactly where they are.

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Might help a bit, but the layout is really uninspiring.
Game was definitely designed around the projector.

I think the layout is pretty much AFM and MM, which is a good thing in my book. I like that the left orbit can feed right orbit or right ramp inlane with the diverter.
Also like that the Pro has the up post on the left ramp to physically lock three balls. The fast fan layout works great for me!

#2082 4 years ago

Man.. Stern needs to go back to the drawing board, for the sake of Fans and quality for the Franchise. They deserve much better, this thing is hideous, not in a good way. Quit rushing!

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I think the layout is pretty much AFM and MM, which is a good thing in my book. I like that the left orbit can feed right orbit or right ramp inlane with the diverter.
Also like that the Pro has the up post on the left ramp to physically lock three balls. The fast fan layout works great for me!

That’s why they’re so popular- they work. But they get boring.

I can see a dystopian pinball future where every game is AFM/MM layout with lots of white surfaces, a projector, colour changing inserts and the words “insert theme here” under the instruction cards.

#2084 4 years ago

I loled. XD

funny (resized).jpgfunny (resized).jpg
#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

EVERYTHING SUCKS!!!

Don't be so hard on yoursef.

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

EVERYTHING SUCKS!!!

Merry Christmas!

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That’s why they’re so popular- they work. But they get boring.
I can see a dystopian pinball future where every game is AFM/MM layout with lots of white surfaces, a projector, colour changing inserts and the words “insert theme here” under the instruction cards.

They especially get boring when the rules and theme integration are "meh". From my perspective, LOTR is the best example of a straight ahead fan layout that doesn't get boring (and is difficult to "beat"). The only downside with LOTR is game times, which tend to be longish.

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

They especially get boring when the rules and theme integration are "meh". From my perspective, LOTR is the best example of a straight ahead fan layout that doesn't get boring (and is difficult to "beat"). The only downside with LOTR is game times, which tend to be longish.

Well everyone has their theme preference, I can't stand themes like Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, or Hobbit.
Give me the 80's, Monsters, kids on bikes and walkie talkies all day long. Stanger Things,Back to The Future and The Goonies are for me. This at least checks one of those off my bucket list.

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

EVERYTHING SUCKS!!!

345CC383-D55C-4B6B-905E-2C8C33E219C8 (resized).jpeg345CC383-D55C-4B6B-905E-2C8C33E219C8 (resized).jpeg
#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

[quoted image]

Talking about the return below that, the straight shot down. Can you give this a break? Wireforms are not on the radar.

#2093 4 years ago

Jack's stream is tonight at 8pm est?

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

EVERYTHING SUCKS!!!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jack's stream is tonight at 8pm est?

Yup, grab a pillow.

#2095 4 years ago

On a side note, look forward to one showing up at my local Boxcar, hope its a Pro. Worth the 3 games for 2 dollars to try it out.

#2096 4 years ago

Stream Link?

#2097 4 years ago

Yourteamcheats.com

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yourteamcheats.com

meta

#2099 4 years ago

Where is this streaming, I don’t see anything on deadflip?

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Talking about the return below that, the straight shot down. Can you give this a break?

Even on the straight part there's a white sticker running down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/42?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.