IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 144.
#1701 4 years ago

Also comparing the video to the still photos, it seams that they photoshopped the pics making the projected images appear brighter and sharper than they do in the video.

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

"Ding" away!

haha - going to ding the ___ out of this game.

seriously though, Billy and Steve better be on the pro somewhere. Hoping other side

#1703 4 years ago

Looks like a really cool game even though I never saw the show. But the kids' heads on each backglass ruins it for me. Just don't want a pin with kids all over the cabinet and backglass.

#1704 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:haha - going to ding the __ out of this game.
seriously though, Billy and Steve better be on the pro somewhere. Hoping other side

the first mod im doing is an all Billy/Camaro translite

#1705 4 years ago

So...are there any streams being done today? Not sure why they wouldn't say from the start.

#1706 4 years ago

Since they didn't specifically license for season 3 there won't be any season 3 in the future, so season 1 and 2 will be in the game.

Quoted from Rockytop:

It seems like it's based on season 1 and 2 based on ruleset and references to the Demogoran, Demidogs and closing the portal.
They could program some of the chapters for season 3 maybe.

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

So...are there any streams being done today? Not sure why they wouldn't say from the start.

per kaneda (who has been right thus far) - stream today of the pro, maybe more by JD

#1708 4 years ago

Is the feature matrix already out?

#1709 4 years ago

Going to flat out say, I don't care about pro gameplay. The INTERESTING thing everyone wants to see is the projection...It does not appear that gameplay between the two is going to vary much.

#1710 4 years ago

I'm having a tough time deciding between Premium and LE - out for a Pro as I want that projector. The Premium side art is better, but I'll never see it. The LE backglass is better but not $1,500 better...would love to see a feature matrix released by Stern to know what else is in the LE

art blades, upgraded speakers (most likely), powder coated trim, I think you get to go on a cruise in Texas for free, shaker (?)...anything else?

#1712 4 years ago

It look like the left orbit is a ramp shot that feeds into the right return with a diverter.

#1713 4 years ago

Haven't bought a NIB before, what price should I expect to hear for Premium version from dealer?

#1714 4 years ago

As for shipping, so much for "out the door this week" - my distro says Pro/LE in January and Premium in February

#1715 4 years ago

Damn, this game pops!

Finally a really good powdercoat on the LE.

Need to see rules and how it plays but want this more than a JP now!

#1716 4 years ago

I’m so excited not getting my NIB this time

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It look like the left orbit is a ramp shot that feeds into the right return with a diverter.

I've been looking at that trying to figure out where it returns. You sure it merges with the right ramp return? I don't immediately see how it meets up the the return, I was thinking maybe it drops back into the right orbit... Could use some more close up images for details.

There is a flasher and an opto it looks like, at the top of the right ramp right about where a merge or diverter would have to be. The ramp looks looks all one piece there to me. Looks more like the orbit ramp stays lower and returns somewhere else, maybe dropping into the pops area or the other side of the orbit?

#1718 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Haven't bought a NIB before, what price should I expect to hear for Premium version from dealer?

7500ish I would imagine. JP2 I have seen for 7400 shipped. Tack on 100 price increase to get to 7500.

#1719 4 years ago

This layout looks exactly like MM and AFM...

#1720 4 years ago

Why don't companies create paid DLC code packs for future seasons when a pin is released before a movie/series is over? Like the last 3 seasons for GoT, seasons 3 and 4 of Stranger Things for this pin...

Like, leave some blank mounting spots on the game with a data header and a small toy is included with the "season pack". This toy attaches to the header and has some DRM to unlock the content which is encrypted in the future game updates. It would be like selling a software dongle to license the additional content.

Now the "I hate EA" YouTube gamers would string me onto a cross for this idea but let's face it - pinball is bizarro world. Companies do this same thing with test equipment that costs less than a damn pin. Why not?

#1721 4 years ago

Per Kman feature matrix for LE

4D8E3A66-6D6B-4C8D-9F0B-8E5AFBED616B (resized).png4D8E3A66-6D6B-4C8D-9F0B-8E5AFBED616B (resized).png
#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Damn, this game pops!
Finally a really good powdercoat on the LE.
Need to see rules and how it plays but want this more than a JP now!

Not to cause Trouble, as I do like the Theme, and new uniqueness of center,
but the layout reminds me a bit of Xmen.
I feel JP, will be far ahead on code, and game play strategy.
I think this will be more like GOG, and Super Fun....but very different from JP.
More Elvira with the Fan Layout and apparently limited upper playfield interaction....

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Why don't companies create paid DLC code packs for future seasons when a pin is released before a movie/series is over? Like the last 3 seasons for GoT, seasons 3 and 4 of Stranger Things for this pin...
Like, leave some blank mounting spots on the game with a data header and a small toy is included with the "season pack". This toy attaches to the header and has some DRM to unlock the content which is encrypted in the future game updates. It would be like selling a software dongle to license the additional content.
Now the "I hate EA" YouTube gamers would string me onto a cross for this idea but let's face it - pinball is bizarro world. Companies do this same thing with test equipment that costs less than a damn pin. Why not?

They barely finish the code that is supposed to be released with the game years later, and you want them to have a reason to NOT finish the code and abandon it so they can make more money off it?

#1724 4 years ago

I just started watching the show this past weekend...

I can honestly say, it this wasn't a pin, I would of never started watching the show.

Those who haven't started should start, its really good!

#1725 4 years ago

As others have said, this game may be on location as early as TODAY to play. Thats how you launch a game!

#1726 4 years ago

I’ve been told that you have to see the game in person to truly see the effects of the projector. It May be difficult to see the projector effectively on a stream. Hope to see one soon

#1727 4 years ago

I like the looks of it. Can't wait to give it a go!

#1728 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It seems like it's based on season 1 and 2 based on ruleset and references to the Demogoran, Demidogs and closing the portal.
They could program some of the chapters for season 3 maybe.

My wife and I think season one was clearly the best and downhill from there. To us it isn't a surprise they are focusing on Season 1 and 2, from our point of view anyways. Season 3 was.. eh. The timeshift to the 80's was interesting but the story didn't do anything for us.

#1729 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think this will be more like GOG, and Super Fun....but very different from JP.
More Elvira with the Fan Layout and apparently limited upper playfield interaction....

JP probably more of a players game but this game is going to kill on location!

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

As for shipping, so much for "out the door this week" - my distro says Pro/LE in January and Premium in February

A small number of Pros were delivered to distributors. They may be sold by now.

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'd say it looks more like AFM than anything, and that's not a bad thing given that its one of the most popular games of all time. Fast and fun baby!

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Per Kman feature matrix for LE[quoted image]

Thanks! Based on that information it sounds like the game has a total of 20 unique modes across the chapter modes, multiballs, mini wizard modes, and the super wizard mode (not including hurry ups).

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Per Kman feature matrix for LE[quoted image]

so there are custom voice call outs from Hopper - sounded like it in the teaser and looks confirmed now

#1734 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I've been looking at that trying to figure out where it returns. You sure it merges with the right ramp return? I don't immediately see how it meets up the the return, I was thinking maybe it drops back into the right orbit... Could use some more close up images for details.

I'm not 100% percent sure...but the feature set seems to allude to the orbit back ramp feeding the right flipper...looking at the pics, that makes the most sense to me.

#1735 4 years ago

The only thing other than season 3 not being there (as it’s my favourite) that I was hoping to see was the return of lit side rails ala Star Trek LE, this theme would have been perfect for those to make a return on the LE.

#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

As others have said, this game may be on location as early as TODAY to play. Thats how you launch a game!

Yeah!! No waiting months!! Awesome

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think this game looks like it will be really fun!

What looks awesome:

1. Eddy as the designer.
2. The projector: it looks great!
3. Magna lock looks cool!
4. Good variety of shots

What looks not so awesome:

1. Art: how the f*ck are we back to photoshop after years of great art? WTF?
2. Plastic ramp returns
3. I see balls getting magnitized pretty badly in this one.
4. Stern will NOT support you if you have issues with your playfield or any other cost cutting/manufacturing fiasco.

Why are there no less than four Hawkins vans depicted right on prime PF real estate? Seems like a lot of emphasis on a minor show element when there are many other icons left out completely.

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

My wife and I think season one was clearly the best and downhill from there. To us it isn't a surprise they are focusing on Season 1 and 2, from our point of view anyways. Season 3 was.. eh. The timeshift to the 80's was interesting but the story didn't do anything for us.

I loved season 3, but everybody likes different things.

It's hard to beat season 1 for sure. It was dark, moody, intense, suspenseful...etc.. Season 2 experimented with different character pairings and some things worked and some things didn't. I still liked it, but it wasn't as good as season 1. It lost the nostalgia and magic of season 1 and I missed the kids being together in scenes.

I thought season 3 jettisoned what didn't work for season 2 and built upon what did work from seasons 1 and 2. I thought season 3 was the most enjoyable of all 3 (maybe not better than season 1, but more fun) It captured the nostalgia/magic again.

My only disappointment with the game is no season 3 assets...probably has more to do with timing and when they started working on the game than anything else. I would have loved some Starcourt Mall in the game.

#1739 4 years ago

Zach says MIKE VINIKOUR collaborated with Lonnie Ropp to create the Rules and the balance.

That should be a great thing. Watching the JD stream reveals from the past he is an excellent player and has the passion to make rules and gameplay great i think.

Really excited for this "different" game from Eddy.

Artwork looks great to me and fits Stranger Things theme perfectly.

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Zach says MIKE VINIKOUR collaborated with Lonnie Ropp to create the Rules and the balance.
That should be a great thing. Watching the JD stream reveals from the past he is an excellent player and has the passion to make rules and gameplay great i think.
Really excited for this "different" game from Eddy.
Artwork looks great to me and fits Stranger Things theme perfectly.

Agreed...I'm really glad Lonnie didn't develop this in a vacuum. Sounds like Eddy had a big hand in the rules too.

#1741 4 years ago
JD ST stream (resized).pngJD ST stream (resized).png
#1742 4 years ago

Interesting photo of the pre/LE with the machine off....

StrangerThings_LE_Details_14_min (resized).jpgStrangerThings_LE_Details_14_min (resized).jpg
#1743 4 years ago

I really hope the pro is good.

#1744 4 years ago

from the matrix it seems like the shots to the left and right of the drops are a quick orbit like Star Wars or No Fear. It seems like a shot behind the drops or that u turn orbit can also lead to a up post that traps the ball.

#1745 4 years ago
featuresNST (resized).pngfeaturesNST (resized).png
#1746 4 years ago

I wonder if they are masking the GI in some fashion to reduce washout of the screens?

Lighting is a major challenge for this title, at least the non-pro versions

#1747 4 years ago

I'm pretty "meh" on the pro layout. Typical 2-ramp fan again.

#1748 4 years ago

I uh. I’m not really impressed. The magnet for multiball is cool but uh. Sadly not feeling this one.

#1749 4 years ago

Stern Insider Brian Eddy podcast interview is up!

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 11.07.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-23 at 11.07.48 AM (resized).png
#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

The game will only cover Season 1 and 2, so there will be no "Never ending story" mode . But I like the premium so far from the pictures.

This is a good thing. Seasons 1+2 are a complete thought. Season 3 ended on a cliffhanger, so it’d be horrible for the game rules.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/35?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.