IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 144.
#1651 4 years ago

this thread has really taken a turn for the worse. Can't wait for some real news. I know I'll be posting pics if I can get a pro. Can't wait for the reveal today.

Less whining, arguing about what age watches this show, why sterns sucks and more focus on hype and pics!!

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

we dodged a bullet buying a NIB DP recently due to the current "Cleargate" fiasco. All is well currently though

Yes one thing I have learned through these years is patience. I really wanted a Jurassic Park but I am glad I held off and did not have to deal with pf replacement issues, etc.(been there-done that). Now I want a JP LE but I really do not want to take the $1000-$2000 hit on one. Most of the Stern LE's have been taking a considerable hit in resale over the years and it looks like 6 months to a year later you can get a good value on a nice low play HUO. I have too many games that I already cannot play enough of. Now I just wait until the dust settles and for the game to go through the quality control issues cycle and for the game to take the secondary market depreciation hit. In the meantime I will support local OP's with games on locations.

#1653 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

. I have absolutely zero doubt about this machine doing extremely well on route, but I don't see a huge amount of them ending up in homes.

This is a prediction you are basing on what your two children said?

These will end up in tons of homes like all new Stern games besides WWE.

#1654 4 years ago

What happened to the youtube video. Says removed for copyright violation. Did Rick's portal gun zap it away?

Let's see some pics and vids already.

#1657 4 years ago

Jinx!

#1658 4 years ago

Here's the big reveal. All the images, official trailer, and an exclusive interview.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/23/stranger-things-pinball-revealed-first-images-and-gameplay-details

#1659 4 years ago

Mind Flayer LE!! Fuck yeah!

#1660 4 years ago

Magenta powder coating you can see from another dimension

#1661 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1662 4 years ago

I love the crazy plum purple! It really pops!

Also noticed mylar on pf under ramp-that is good-thinking about slam ramp wear on NGG.

Side art blades look awesome!

StrangerThings_LE_Cabinet_LF_min.jpgStrangerThings_LE_Cabinet_LF_min.jpg
#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mind Flayer LE!! Fuck yeah!

Soooo glad I’m getting the LE!

#1664 4 years ago

Looks cool to me.

I hope they've figured out how to make a kickout hole that doesn't send the ball straight down the middle.

#1665 4 years ago

That color.... OMG I absolutely love it. I cant justify an LE, but its so tempting.

#1666 4 years ago

Im wondering about where Airball misses off the ramp.....

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks cool to me.
I hope they've figured out how to make a kickout hole that doesn't send the ball straight down the middle.

It shoots it up the right inner orbit.

#1668 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It shoots it up the right inner orbit.

Oh thank god

#1669 4 years ago

First Mod, Removable Mylar strips, maybe with a little art, down the plastic ramps.

I recently changed mine out on TWD, and so glad I dont have to address a ball line down the middle.

#1670 4 years ago

The rules card makes it sound like battling each of the main monsters across the first 3 seasons is not part of the game? Nothing about fighting either version of the Mind Flayer from season 2 and 3? The main objective for the game seems to be about progressing through the events of season 1.

I like how there's a mini wizard mode for beating sets of chapters! It appears that there are 12 main chapter modes.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#1671 4 years ago

+1 Wish it were wireform instead of plastic ramps on the LE

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

+1 Wish it were wireform instead of plastic ramps on the LE

Agree. 100% plastic ramps are not acceptable on a the premium / LE considering the price. Plastic entrances on the ramps are fine but there should at least be metal habitrails for the ball returns.

#1673 4 years ago

Clear coat on LE is looking Shiiiiiiiiiiiny

StrangerThings_LE_Details.jpgStrangerThings_LE_Details.jpg
#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Clear coat on LE is looking Shiiiiiiiiiiiny[quoted image]

It's gotta hold up, you certainly don't want insert wear especially on this game.

#1675 4 years ago

The game will only cover Season 1 and 2, so there will be no "Never ending story" mode . But I like the premium so far from the pictures.

#1676 4 years ago

Quote from the release article: "And the Stranger Things machine probably won’t be cheap — on one dealer’s website, the cheapest version of the Jurassic Park machine cost an eye-watering $5,799, so assuming the Stranger Things machine is even in that ballpark, it will probably be pretty spendy."

And this is why it is a niche hobby...sigh.

#1677 4 years ago

From IGN article regarding what show content is in the game. Bummer...the third season is probably the best so far. Now it makes sense why there's no Mind Flayer monster related modes.

"Yes, but only from seasons 1 and 2"

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quote from the release article: "And the Stranger Things machine probably won’t be cheap — on one dealer’s website, the cheapest version of the Jurassic Park machine cost an eye-watering $5,799, so assuming the Stranger Things machine is even in that ballpark, it will probably be pretty spendy."

Yeah - and look at the bottom of the article. Prices went up again. Pro is now $6099.

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

There's like 5,000 reasons it's a niche hobby.

#1680 4 years ago

Love the color on the pf, especially the pro. Like the fixed art on the pro too.

Translites are weak on all of them. GD stern - so easy to get a good one for it. I like the LE the best. Pro and Prem weak sauce.

Pro has the flip down center ramp which is good.

IGN article mentions they have video and audio BUT they also did custom video with 3d models? Oh god - that last part is a little worriesome considering their tech is ala playstation 2.

Also - main theme is in. Rest of the audio is custom based on show. Not unexpected but it looks like I'll need to inject some good 80s songs into it!

#1681 4 years ago

Pro looks very nice! $6k is still a lot but I'm just not seeing $2500 - $3500 in extras to justify a premium or LE. The projector feature likely won't have a ton of variety to it, no Stern premium / LE features do as the code cannot change that much across versions. The pro artwork on the 3 pieces in front of the main toy and being able to see artwork through the ramp entrances also looks more appealing in my opinion then the premium / LE.

StrangerThings-Pro-Playfield-Closed-720x1205 (resized).jpgStrangerThings-Pro-Playfield-Closed-720x1205 (resized).jpg

#1682 4 years ago

That is a metric ton of inserts.

#1683 4 years ago

So pumped for my LE!!!!

#1684 4 years ago

first season is my favourite so Premium wins for me! So much pure and honest ET-Spielberg-80ies vibe in season 1. all the machines look awesome though, cant wait to see gameplay footage

#1685 4 years ago

It looks like an early Christmas for a lot of people!

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 9.28.09 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2019-12-23 at 9.28.09 AM (resized).png
#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pro looks very nice! $6k is still a lot but I'm just not seeing $2500 - $3500 in extras to justify a premium or LE. The projector feature likely won't have a ton of variety to it, no Stern premium / LE features too as the code cannot change that much across versions. The artwork on the metal panes in front of the main toy and being able to see artwork through the ramp entrances also looks more appealing in my opinion then the premium / LE.
[quoted image]

we will probably be in the minority, but currently im really feeling the pro. I LOVE the color/blades/etc on the LE, but I certainly dont intend spending the money on that. premium is certainly better, but just from what I see im very happy with what im seeing on the pro.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Are you reading this as custom voice call-outs? It seems a bit ambiguous. It talks about custom scenes and a mix of speech from the show.[quoted image]

Not sure how anybody could interpret this as ambiguous.

The game will feature voice/speech/footage from the show, along with original animations/screen footage by the Stern team.

If there was original speech for the game from the show's actors, it would say that in plain English.

#1688 4 years ago

LE looks fantastic. Best art of the bunch and the trim color is perfect! Really want to see this game play.

So now that the reveal on IGN happened, when do we get to see the list of locations that have unboxings today? And when does Deadflip confirm streaming for today as part of the supposed "media blitz"?

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

first season is my favourite so Premium wins for me! So much pure and honest ET-Spielberg-80ies vibe in season 1. all the machines look awesome though, cant wait to see gameplay footage

the art on the premium is from season 2 though , pro got the season 1 art.

#1690 4 years ago

Interesting that they went with the neon-ish blues and magentas. That really wasn't the color palette of the show or posters, except for season 3. It was more deep reds and blacks. I also agree that the translite art on all 3 seem weak. I think I favor the Pro translite.

#1691 4 years ago

It seems like it's based on season 1 and 2 based on ruleset and references to the Demogoran, Demidogs and closing the portal.

They could program some of the chapters for season 3 maybe.

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Interesting that they went with the neon-ish blues and magentas. That really wasn't the color palette of the show or posters, except for season 3. It was more deep reds and blacks. I also agree that the translite art on all 3 seem weak. I think I favor the Pro translite.

it's really bringing in that 80s style so I'm digging it!

Reminds me ALOT of the coloring for GB pro. Too much 11 in general.

#1693 4 years ago

So will the Pro still feature video clips etc on the LCD screen? If so, that should be good enough for me.

#1694 4 years ago

It's really cool that the Durfur brothers seem like real pinball fans. They said they's been dreaming about a Stranger Things pin since they created the show. Could be a reason Stern got full rights to assets like they did. Certainly bodes well for the game I think.

#1695 4 years ago

Pro looks good but if no projector then the large panel in the middle is just printed art? Looks huge. I wonder if rules will be similar to AFM. Inserts and layout sure look similar.

#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it's really bringing in that 80s style so I'm dinging it!

"Ding" away!

#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure how anybody could interpret this as ambiguous.
The game will feature voice/speech/footage from the show, along with original animations/screen footage by the Stern team.
If there was original speech for the game from the show's actors, it would say that in plain English.

I see from the matrix that it does feature David Harbour, thanks.

#1698 4 years ago

I like the Pro art the most! Not a huge fan of all the inserts but the layout looks fun. I can't wait to play it. The price is a little annoying but I guess that's modern pinball.

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So will the Pro still feature video clips etc on the LCD screen? If so, that should be good enough for me.

Yes. Video and audio from the show.

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I like the Pro art the most! Not a huge fan of all the inserts but the layout looks fun. I can't wait to play it. The price is a little annoying but I guess that's modern pinball.

Pro "street" price is +$100 @ $5700.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Trade
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/34?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.