IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 144.
#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

MSRP pricing for JP is $9k LE, $7600 LE, $6k pro. Is Stranger Things supposed to be $200 more per model?

$100 more on the Pro. Not sure if the hike is the same across the board.

#1552 4 years ago

Not sure why people are scared that Lonnie is doing the code. His last few Sterns all have been fun games. Star Trek, Aerosmith, Guardians of the Galaxy. Yes some were undercooked when released but the final code all has been great in my opinion. Can't wait to see all the pics tomorrow. Looking forward to playing and buying eventually when the premiums come out.

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Not sure why people are scared that Lonnie is doing the code. His last few Sterns all have been fun games. Star Trek, Aerosmith, Guardians of the Galaxy. Yes some were undercooked when released but the final code all has been great in my opinion. Can't wait to see all the pics tomorrow. Looking forward to playing and buying eventually when the premiums come out.

He has a history of not polishing often half-baked games, and the ones he did that turned out okay only were that way once someone else came in to help him.

#1554 4 years ago

Yeah and my understanding is Eddy helps with the rule design too so it might not be a typical Lonnie game. The modes scream Lonnie so if this was like AFM with 50 modes sprinkled on top, that could be super fun.

#1555 4 years ago

What differences will there be more evident le vs premium? Back glass, sound, shaker, HD stern glass, Gary’s signature,, powdercoated

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

MSRP pricing for JP is $9k LE, $7600 LE, $6k pro. Is Stranger Things supposed to be $200 more per model?

makes sense. Don't get me wrong but the prices are going up and when RaM would cost almost the same as AFM LE (with shipping, shaker, etc.) have to wonder where things are headed until we accept $6K as the cheapest pin. Least Stern is putting service rails in the pro now. I wonder if the pro will have the projector but not the magnet wall. I could not imagine this pin without the projector.

#1557 4 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

What differences will there be more evident le vs premium? Back glass, sound, shaker, HD stern glass, Gary’s signature,, powdercoated

I think they put art blades in the now too. Would be cool if they did real knocker kits in the LEs too.

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

makes sense. Don't get me wrong but the prices are going up and when RaM would cost almost the same as AFM LE (with shipping, shaker, etc.) have to wonder where things are headed until we accept $6K as the cheapest pin. Least Stern is putting service rails in the pro now. I wonder if the pro will have the projector but not the magnet wall. I could not imagine this pin without the projector.

The pro has no projector.

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The pro has no projector.

Chuck do you know if the pro has the magnet lock or not? Thanks

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I don't really look at coders/designers typically, but I can say I didn't like those 3 games at all :/

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think they put art blades in the now too. Would be cool if they did real knocker kits in the LEs too.

Yeah, the LEs get exclusive art blades. The Deadpool LE art blades are better than the ones you can buy from Stern.

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not Chuck, but it does not from what I've heard. Makes sense. Probably virtual.

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pretty sure it doesn’t

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't really look at coders/designers typically, but I can say I didn't like those 3 games at all :/

Totally understand. They are good in that they are pretty easy to understand. Esp for someone new to pinball. They all are standard 8 or so modes and shoot the colored shots. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one works.

#1565 4 years ago

I wouldn’t describe GotG that way exactly. I love the rules for that but Star Trek is basically just different color arrows for different modes.

#1566 4 years ago

Haven't been following today. Still expecting a teaser from Stern? I know it's prob what kaneda released but would be great if it's the pro!

#1567 4 years ago

Around what time do we expect a full reveal tomorrow?

#1568 4 years ago

Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I think we all just need to wait until we see the game....

We don't take too kindly to logic round these parts here, boy

#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

We don't take too kindly to logic round these parts here, boy[quoted image]

1fn9kn (resized).jpg1fn9kn (resized).jpg
#1571 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

[quoted image]

I pity the fool who is illogical.

F3F508C2-C081-452B-89A4-BDFB58419E24 (resized).jpegF3F508C2-C081-452B-89A4-BDFB58419E24 (resized).jpeg
#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

15 year olds? You apparently do not know the stranger things demographic.

You don’t. Read the stats buddy, and they didn’t even interview below 18

https://www.statista.com/statistics/741810/stranger-things-viewership-usa-by-age/

I didn’t say I didn’t like the show BTW, just know it’s intended for way young audiences which may not have a pocketbook for an $8K pin. If the play is good though, it could be my little pony and people would buy it. But have yet to see stern do anything radical to date

#1574 4 years ago

It's not intended AT ALL for children. It's intended to hit nostalgia for those who grew up in the 80's. Saying that doesn't mean children don't watch it. It's no different than everything else that's having a comeback right now, like pinball.

#1575 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You don’t. Read the stats buddy, and they didn’t even interview below 18
https://www.statista.com/statistics/741810/stranger-things-viewership-usa-by-age/
I didn’t say I didn’t like the show BTW, just know it’s intended for way young audiences which may not have a pocketbook for an $8K pin. If the play is good though, it could be my little pony and people would buy it. But have yet to see stern do anything radical to date

Thanks for proving me right? According to your link 31% of people age 18 to 29 have watched the show, which equates to about 16 million people. Which is over 50% of the numbers of views according to Netflix and Nielsen.

#1576 4 years ago

So proving my point actually, not yours. Which 18-29 year olds have $8K laying around in disposable income to buy pins?

You get it now? Maybe Stern knows something we don’t like these kids are all rich now and have parents with $8K laying around. I’m not sure where you grew up but I had barely enough money for cup-o noodles let alone an $8K pinball machine

#1577 4 years ago

Where does the ball go when shot in the Demogorgon mouth?

Anyone?

#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Which 18-29 year olds have $8K laying around in disposable income to buy pins?

It's been well established now over multiple licenses that "fans" don't buy pinball machines. Pinheads buy pinball machines AND they also have to be fans of the show.

I think there are a lot of pinheads that are fans of Stranger Things though so it's a strong license.

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So proving my point actually, not yours. Which 18-29 year olds have $8K laying around in disposable income to buy pins?
You get it now?

My original response was to your post about 15 year olds (see below)

You can’t quote me and then pretend you were talking about a totally different age group and then use that to argue against me. That’s called straw man.

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Guess we’ll find out if 15 year olds can get us pinball farts to buy them an $8k machine.

#1580 4 years ago

Parents of 15 year olds buy pinball machines. Like me.

#1581 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Anyone?

Good question. We will find out soon enough!

Maybe a similar vuk or saucer eject like AFM.

#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Anyone?

Um, in his mouth?

#1583 4 years ago

Netflix doesn't release any real data, so everything is going to be speculative.

They did tweet out 4 days after season 3 launched that over 40 million people had already watched some or all of the season. My guess would be tens of millions of people of all ages are watching it.

The show is insanely popular, and I think targeted at people with nostalgia for the 80's...which of course is older people.

#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My original response was to your post about 15 year olds (see below)
You can’t quote me and then pretend you were talking about a totally different age group and then use that to argue against me. That’s called straw man.

15, 18, 29 - All broke AF. again they didn’t even add below 18 but I’m sure if I looked I could find it.

You’re the straw making a statement with zero stats backing it up. Where was your proof? “Well it feels like older people with money watch this show, so let it be true here on Pinside”. Boom! Pinside Facts aka Fake news

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Anyone?

I’m guessing it’s dropped below to be released from behind the drops down there.

#1586 4 years ago

Over 40+ million people watching Stranger Things. Who cares what age the viewers are.

Pinball has no age requirements so whoever buys or plays it good for them.

Have some fun Pinside!

#1587 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

I’m guessing it’s dropped below to be released from behind the drops down there.

Possible lock. That would be great.

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

15, 18, 29 - All broke AF. again they didn’t even add below 18 but I’m sure if I looked I could find it.
You’re the straw making a statement with zero stats backing it up. Where was your proof? “Well it feels like older people with money watch this show, so let it be true here on Pinside”. Boom! Pinside Facts aka Fake news

That's a pretty huge age gap. Some of us in our 20s are buying new pins. I'm 29 and have a couple other friends in their late 20s who collect pins as well.

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Over 40+ million people watching Stranger Things. Who cares what age the viewers are.
Pinball has no age requirements so whoever buys or plays it good for them.
Have some fun Pinside!

It's definitely way over 40 million...that was just the number of households Netflix said watched season 3 in the first 4 days of it's release.

Netflix has over 150 million subscribing households worldwide...I bet close to half or more at least, have watched some of the series.

No one outside Netflix is going to have real data. One of my best friends has multiple specials on Netflix and he, his agency/management try to get info from Netflix with no real luck. They'll get general statements like, it's doing really well.

#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

wolfemaaan get over the age crap who cares!

Are you even interested in this pin?

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

That's a pretty huge age gap. Some of us in our 20s are buying new pins. I'm 29 and have a couple other friends in their late 20s who collect pins as well.

Agree I turned 30 this year and all my games didn't show up out of nowhere.

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Agree I turned 30 this year and all my games didn't show up out of nowhere after I got out of my 20's

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't been following today. Still expecting a teaser from Stern? I know it's prob what kaneda released but would be great if it's the pro!

Stern posted the teaser today.

Kaneda released the Premium trailer.

#1595 4 years ago

I bought my first pin when i was 23.

I had 5 by the time i was 24, including a 4k MM and a 2,200 TZ...top dollar back then.

I hope the younger pinheads who don't have the money for a pin play on location. I bet this will be very popular on route.

#1596 4 years ago

How about target drifting? I can see that possibly being an issue. Have any recent Sterns had this issue or have they been using a better design / mounting system so this doesn't occur? It seems that can be seen a bit in some of the screen shots. Lining up one tiny projector to land perfectly across that big of an area on so many different things seems like it might be a hard task.....even if all of the projection areas are staying in place and not drifting in different directions.

#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

How about target drifting? I can see that possibly being an issue. Have any recent Sterns had this issue or have they been using a better design / mounting system so this doesn't occur? It seems that can be seen a bit in some of the screen shots. Lining up one tiny projector to land perfectly across that big of an area on so many different things seems like it might be a hard task.....even if all of the projection areas are staying in place and not drifting in different directions.

I'm sure there's a mapping utility of some kind on the menu that projects a grid or numbers or something to help you align it, and keep it in alignment.

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Pinball life has brackets that eliminate the spot target shifting.

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern games lately have had target splints built into the target bracket.

#1600 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, but I would think in a case where them not drifting is this important....they would have their bases covered.

Quoted from kermit24:

Stern games lately have had target splints built into the target bracket.

That's what I would hope for. I thought I remembered some new games coming with them, but I wasn't sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/32?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.