IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 144.
#1351 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can't imagine the pro not having the projector - it would be like MMR-CE not having the castle! Why do we think the pro doesn't have it?

No projector on the pro. Trust me.

#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Which is packed more. Rick and Morty or Stranger Things?

No one has played or really seen eaither... plus does it really matter? One is sold out and other will be ready to purchase soon. We have 2 new pins with good current themes and that's what matters imo.

#1353 4 years ago

I am very much considering:

1. Selling Scared Stiff or....
2. Selling TFLE and GoTPro

To purchase this game.

Please, Stern, please please please show me you have 100% fixed your PF issues.

I'll wait a solid 6 months to a year and let Pinsiders find out for me.

All that being said, man, this one looks good. Glad to see they got this theme while it's still relatively hot and NST is still relevant.

My logic will stay ahead of my emotions until I know the PF issues are a past issue. Then, I'll pick option #1 or #2 to bring this home. Looks fantastic!

#1354 4 years ago

How much is the Hopper Topper?

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No one has played or really seen eaither... plus does it really matter? One is sold out and other will be ready to purchase soon. We have 2 new pins with good current themes and that's what matters imo.

I agree, both machines look really good. Nice to see that multiple companies are producing some really unique layouts.

#1356 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stranger Things from what I see and I am in on a blood sucker edition R&M .

Completely different pins probably should not even be compared.

#1357 4 years ago

I never even watched the full season one. Haven't watched any of the subsequent seasons.

I HAVE NO FUCKS TO GIVE, SOMEONE GET THIS THING IN MY HANDS, RIGHT NOW.

I'm calling it. This is Tron Legacy 2.0. If the pro is missing that much, people are going to be modding the hell out of it, and those that buy the premiums are going to be the winners, again, because everyone else will have spent as much on mods to do the same damn thing that was already sold. LE....who cares, unless Stern does that thing again where LE has exclusive code or something to set it apart other than cosmetics. Only this time...nobody gets screwed by limited production except us broke ass jokes that cant afford it right now, or likely before the run ends..

Premiums are going to be freakin' all over the place. There's no way in hell I dont see at least two or three of these on location here in Dallas, stat.

And if the rules pan out to be AfM/MM style but more modes? I'm perfectly damn okay with this. This game looks like it is going to be a bloody riot to jack in a headphone kit, turn off the lights, and go to town for half an hour forgetting the rest of the world.

#1358 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No kidding,
What an awesome week in pinball!

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

AND, actual assets!

that is great!

#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that’s the premium I believe in the video.

lack of round speakers mean its not an LE for sure

#1361 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stranger Things easily. Moving ramp, multiple drop targets with shot behind it, magnet backboard toy, large interactive toy / ball lock, projection toy.

Rick and Morty looks cool but the main toy is a plastic space ship on a spring.

#1362 4 years ago

Cannot wait to sink my teeth into the pro and then upgrade to a premium/LE presuming it’s great like some of the other recent Stern titles. Meanwhile, I found these today and believe they’ll fit great inside the pin.

A8858AF7-C975-43FB-B150-C2601064B27C (resized).jpegA8858AF7-C975-43FB-B150-C2601064B27C (resized).jpeg
#1363 4 years ago

It’s a very exciting time to be a pinball player. I’m going to stop by a place in a couple minutes and play their on location Jurassic.

That is special. I’m crossing my fingers they get this too.

#1364 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Stranger Things from what I see and I am in on a blood sucker edition R&M .
Completely different pins probably should not even be compared.

If you compare the Premium Stern to R&M which are similar in price you have to consider that R&M gives you custom powdercoat, a real Backglass, and full RGB LEDs. You can't just look at the toys.

#1365 4 years ago

Nobody concerned with the clearcoat issues? I thought there was still some problematic playfields popping up.

Also, aren’t recent customers with bad playfields having to fight to get an unpopulated playfield? Other customers report being ghosted with regards to their playfield warranty requests?

#1366 4 years ago

Stern upping their game is exactly what we all wanted. I think at first glance, they've done that. Let's see how this plays out.

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nobody concerned with the clear coat issues? I thought there was still some problematic playfields popping up.
Also, aren’t recent customers with bad playfields having to fight to get an unpopulated playfield? Other customers report being ghosted with regards to their playfield warranty requests?

NIB Addicts forget so quickly. It’s a strange thing.

#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

R&M gives you custom powdercoat, a real Backglass, and full RGB LEDs. You can't just look at the toys.

All those extras plus ship is the BSE, which will run higher than current pricing on stern premium.

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

All those extras plus ship is the BSE, which will run higher than current pricing on stern premium.

Really? What is Stern Premium now? Last one was 11k right? Do'nt see R&M going that high (because you still have to add + tax + shipping on a stern as well).

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

... It’s a strange thing.

I’ve seen stranger things. I’ve heard people are pooping on store floors for kicks. Very strange things.

#1371 4 years ago

Nobody concerned with the clearcoat issues? I thought there was still some problematic playfields popping up.

I am, more their customer service though - anyone can have manufacturing problems, but what really counts is how they fix the issues for people who bought the machines. So far they are handling it very poorly and SFA for guys with issues.

I wont be buying because of this, but do want to play one on location looks interesting!

#1372 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

All that plus ship is the BSD which will run higher than current pricing on stern premium.

Even the Standard edition at $7k has custom powder, real Backglass and full rgb-led. The biggest reason to go BSE was to get the game sooner.

#1373 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I am, more their customer service though - anyone can have manufacturing problems, but what really counts is how they fix the issues for people who bought the machines. So far they are handling it very poorly and SFA for guys with issues.
I wont be buying because of this, but do want to play one on location looks interesting!

Definitely play one on location for six months and that should allow plenty of hard data to come in. If all signs point to good, time to buy one for your home. They should be on Stern’s line for a few years.

#1374 4 years ago

Nobody concerned with the clear coat issues? I thought there was still some problematic playfields popping up.
Also, aren’t recent customers with bad playfields having to fight to get an unpopulated playfield? Other customers repor they are being ghosted with playfield warranty requests?

You wouldn't know it by some of the replies here where people are getting attacked just for questioning Stern playfield quality.

#1375 4 years ago

What's Stern's next pin!

#1376 4 years ago

I posted about it less than an hour ago:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/28#post-5369197

#1377 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stranger Things easily. Moving ramp, multiple drop targets with shot behind it, magnet backboard toy, large interactive toy / ball lock, projection toy.
Rick and Morty looks cool but the main toy is a plastic space ship on a spring.

Too bad that didn’t work out for attack from mars either.

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Even the Standard edition at $7k has custom powder, real Backglass and full rgb-led. The biggest reason to go BSD was to get the game sooner.

Got it. Forgot they switched to powder on standards w/ACNC.

#1379 4 years ago

I am. Waiting for others to buy and test out the QC.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Really? What is Stern Premium now? Last one was 11k right? Do'nt see R&M going that high (because you still have to add + tax + shipping on a stern as well).

No taxes or shipping from my Distro

#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Jurassic premium was a few thousand less than that.

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

No taxes or shipping from my Distro

But that's on all, not just sterns.

#1383 4 years ago

Clearly they're using video mapping technology, which honestly isn't very hard to do. However they have to be using a very affordable video projector, you need low lighting and I'm promise you those projectors won't last long. Those would be a short throw type and I use them in attractions we build, they burn out quickly. It will be interesting to see how they're doing that and if it will last long.

In a barcade where they're turned on all the time I DO NOT KNOW how long it will be before you replace that part.

I've got a bunch of short throw FX in attractions I build and you replace them sometimes every year.

I like the ambition of trying video mapping tech in a pinball. That is what I would call going for it! Kudos to Stern. Now lets see if it works in a bright room or how long they last in barcades.

#1384 4 years ago

I haven’t read through all the reactions but I don’t get the naysayers on this one. It looks awesome:
- Brian Eddy
- we complain about a lack of pinball magic/innovation from Stern, but then you get a projector, multiple physical ball locks, a moving monster behind a drive in movie theater that lowers to form a ramp
- supposedly 40+ modes
Etc etc

It’s like we say we want X, but then say “well it’s gonna be bad when X breaks!” Or “Those modes will be too short I bet!”

Anyway looks awesome to me!

#1385 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The potential for this theme is huge. I definitely like what I see so far, including some unique new features (which in many ways is probably my number 1 priority for a new pin right now...I just feel like I want something "different"). Also curious to see how Eddie's layout will play.
Lonnie is not going to get anyone excited, but he can be more than ok if he has good help/collaboration.
The music plays a HUGE role in my love for Stranger Things (nostalgia), and I can really see it playing a huge role in the pin in terms of setting the mood for each mode. Like I said, huge potential here. Just hope that Stern will get the rights to a lot of the non-original music from the 80's.

and if they didn't, I'll mix it some myself and share!

#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

It’s just irrelevant to compare the two games. One is truly limited & that limit is already sold out. If you wanted a NIB Rick & Morty game, that was the only way to get it. There won’t be more. Comparing prices to an unlimited Stern just doesn’t mean anything.

#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm promise you those projectors won't last long...In a barcade where they're turned on all the time I DO NOT KNOW how long it will be before you replace that part.
I've got a bunch of short throw FX in attractions I build and you replace them sometimes every year.

So in a house, where it is turned on 5% of that time, replace it once...ever? And in a bar, maybe replace it “sometimes every year”? This doesn’t sound like a negative...that actually sounds pretty good!

#1388 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I can't imagine the pro not having the projector - it would be like MMR-CE not having the castle! Why do we think the pro doesn't have it?

Because Stern. That and the mini LED projector is like $75. You can't be gifted something like that for only $5,700.

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Clearly they're using video mapping technology, which honestly isn't very hard to do. However they have to be using a very affordable video projector, you need low lighting and I'm promise you those projectors won't last long. Those would be a short throw type and I use them in attractions we build, they burn out quickly. It will be interesting to see how they're doing that and if it will last long.
In a barcade where they're turned on all the time I DO NOT KNOW how long it will be before you replace that part.
I like the ambition of trying video mapping tech in a pinball. That is what I would call going for it! Kudos to Stern. Now lets see if it works in a bright room or how long they last in barcades.

Ill chime in again as some one who does video mapping and is a certified projectionist.

Throw distance is determined by the lens, not the lamp. Not sure why you are saying that is the reason they burn out. The lamp is the biggest wear and tear part of a projector. Plus, they should be cleaned out with compressed air every so often. I wonder if this one will have a fan.

The lamp and lumen number are my only concerns. Im guessing its under 1000 by the looks of the video.

#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Ill chime in again as some one who does video mapping and is a certified projectionist.
Throw distance is determined by the lens, not the lamp. Not sure why you are saying that is the reason they burn out. The lamp is the biggest wear and tear part of a projector. Plus, they should be cleaned out with compressed air every so often. I wonder if this one will have a fan.
The lamp and lumen number are my only concerns. Im guessing its under 1000 by the looks of the video.

Yeah, I was guessing it was one of the 1280x720 800-1000 lumen cheapies China cranks out because it's a very short distance from the apron to the screen and the images are still very dim and somewhat blurry. Be interesting to see what they actually went with when these hit the streets.

#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Comparing prices to an unlimited Stern just doesn’t mean anything.

Not comparing two games at all, just evaluating pricing for a full featured game in 2020 and what we get for it. Limited means nothing to me.

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i have this on vinyl ha

Me too

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Not comparing two games at all, just pricing for a full featured game in 2020 and what we what get for it. Limited means nothing to me.

Might not mean much to you, but supply/demand matters. Recently sold a Fathom and bought a BM66 Premium (with a few bucks left over Fathom is old, unlicensed, but rare/loved. RaM and Stranger Things are both great licenses. Too soon for any of us to know how they will play. I’m personally excited by the Danesi/Kerins collaboration on RaM...

#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you compare the Premium Stern to R&M which are similar in price you have to consider that R&M gives you custom powdercoat, a real Backglass, and full RGB LEDs. You can't just look at the toys.

Time will tell. Are you to fast to make judgments? I am in on both so I have nothing to gain or lose...

#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

What's Stern's next pin!

NWA

#1396 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Time will tell. Are you to fast to make judgments? I am in on both so I have nothing to gain or lose...

I never said that Spooky was a better value, just that they give you value in other ways at that price point besides just toys that Stern doesn't such as the custom powder, real Backglass and full rgb-leds. I'm a big fan of both companies and buy games from both of them. I'm in the process of ordering a JP2 in fact and wouldn't rule out Stranger Things if I really like it after playing it. The fact that Spooky is even in this conversation at all is pretty incredible based on economies of scale. Of course Stern should be providing way more value for the money.

#1397 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Great information, thanks for sharing! It sounds like Stranger Things is likely using a pico / micro LED projector that doesn't use a bulb? From what I've read those last 15,000 - 30,000 hours which is along the same lifespan as a TV.

#1398 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great information, thanks for sharing! It sounds like Stranger Things is likely using a pico / micro LED projector that doesn't use a bulb? From what I've read those last 15,000 - 30,000 hours which is along the same lifespan as a TV.

You're probably not getting anywhere near that life in the world outside the spec pages. But even if you are, you're likely not getting that at full brightness for its whole life.

#1399 4 years ago

I can't wait to see what pro has so i can compare. This might be my 1st Stern Premium NIB i normally just go pro.

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

11k? For premium? Le is usually 8500-9k. Premium can be had for 7200-7400 shipped with a few calls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/28?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.