IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 144.
#1301 4 years ago

Two things, if it's not actually Harbour hopefully cleland can work his magic on this but may be tough since they are custom call-outs instead of lines from the show. Secondly I predict the glare from the projector and having to play in a dark room will require owners of the Premium/LE to eventually be forced to wear one of these:

In all seriousness I am looking forward to playing this, like I do almost any new pin that gets released! Nice to see something new being tried.

P.S. I bet Scott pinstadium is hard at work on a set that enhances the effects of the projector just to piss-off all the haters on here!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1302 4 years ago

So I like the idea of Stern trying new things, all for it, projector is great, I just hope its not overused just because its new.

#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you can’t tell the difference what does it matter.

I haaaaate fake voices in games, but it’s when the actor is reaaaally poor (Beast & Storm in X-Men, Spidey Vault, fake Optimus in TF, all the BDK voices, all the Stern JP voices.) If the actor is a good sound-alike & a good actor, like Stern POTC, Shrek, or fake Gandalf in Hobbit, it’s great.

In the case of Stranger Things, it’s clear they have all the character clips from the show...so you’ll have a ton of that real legit personality you want from the license. If the custom callouts are a fake Harper...I think that’s OK on this game. His voice is generic “male gruff guy” enough that no one will care. Kinda like how “generic military guy” on Iron Man didn’t really bug anyone, since it was paired with a good Jarvis sound-alike & 100s of real movie voice clips.

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

With the backboard magnet gone, the projector gone and the bashtoy being static,... what‘ll be left on the Pro? XD

Will it be different from any other Pro?

The moving ramp, bash toy and center drops/ball lock mech is about as complex as any Pro gets.

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So I like the idea of Stern trying new things, all for it, projector is great, I just hope its not overused just because its new.

It’s a major part of the game. It will be used at all times on the premium and LE.

#1306 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The keyboard synth gives me goose bumps when I listen to it, and really gets me excited about this theme. If this machine plays well and is fun for me, I think the first thing I would do is add a Polk sub to it. I can already picture the low bass tones punching through the sub speaker giving the player a great vibe while playing.

I've been saying for years that we need a pin with an awesome electronica synth sound track using synths like the Access Virus which I used to own. That thing can make sounds that make your skin crawl. Combined with the Spooky pinball sound system, it would be awesome!

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

the former writer in me noticed, the code in the vid has not settled on multiball names and such. Or they just didn't want to show. "TK" is used in copywriting as a placeholder (as in, "to come"), meaning you'll circle back there and fill in the content. Unless there is a character named TK on the show, ha. I know it was mentioned they weren't sure how many MBs there would be, so makes sense.[quoted image]

Or “TK” means Telekinesis...

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

STN seems like short for Stern.
How about StTh

How about BEST, Brian Eddy Stranger Things

#1309 4 years ago

The band SURVIVE did the soundtrack for the show and there album is just as good as soundtrack.

https://survive.bandcamp.com/album/rr7349
14C7B700-CA8E-4890-8C89-C7730D95E2EE (resized).jpeg14C7B700-CA8E-4890-8C89-C7730D95E2EE (resized).jpeg

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

The band SURVIVE did the soundtrack for the show and there album is just as good as soundtrack.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#1311 4 years ago

It's both stranger and thinger. I like it

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m happy i have Phillips hue lighting in my whole basement. Worth every penny.

Agreed! Where is a built in solution at to integrate Hue? Lets get even more immersive with some environmental aspects

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Agreed! Where is a built in solution at to integrate Hue? Lets get even more immersive with some environmental aspects

That would be incredible. My one thought is you can setup the disco mode and put your phone near the game.

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That would be incredible. My one thought is you can setup the disco mode and put your phone near the game.

Hmm maybe you could hook an Arduino into the gi LEDs to receive signals. Figure you would need a Dev account for Phillips though to get access to their API to control the lights. Effectively what the Pinstadium flashers do but instead of controlling other LEDs you would relay it to hue instead. Should be doable but would take quite some effort.

#1315 4 years ago

Kaneda mentioned that the pro version doesn't have the projector feature. If that's the case the video is likely showing the premium as the plaque on it is colorized, Stern LE plaques are laser etched on metal.

Pic showing colorized game plaque

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG

Same back glass shown here
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Same backglass again with projector feature
Capture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG

#1316 4 years ago

Yeah that’s the premium I believe in the video.

#1317 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Hmm maybe you could hook an Arduino into the gi LEDs to receive signals. Figure you would need a Dev account for Phillips though to get access to their API to control the lights. Effectively what the Pinstadium flashers do but instead of controlling other LEDs you would relay it to hue instead. Should be doable but would take quite some effort.

Cammy has done something very similar with his TNA (trigger is the signal beacon).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/117#post-5201767
https://github.com/camprevail/pinballESPlighting/

Wouldn't be too hard to retrofit something like that on every pin, just wishing there was something turnkey from Stern.

#1318 4 years ago

Very interested to see the rule structure. I see some definite Brian eddy things in there like 5 way combo and the 5-6 tasks you’ll need to obtain to get to the final mode.

Demogorgon seems to have a setup like the castle and ship on Mm and AFM.

Only thing is the massive mode count. Very interested to see how those play into all this.

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Cammy has done something very similar with his TNA (trigger is the signal beacon).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/117#post-5201767
Wouldn't be too hard to retrofit something like that on every pin, just wishing there was something turnkey from Stern.

That's pretty awesome. Surprised that this isn't an available mod yet then.

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cool but far from innovation.

if you listened, kaneda appeared to be excited over the innovation of being able to get a game immediately, without having to wait.

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My take on the Great Projector Freak Out of 2019:
No it won’t work in a super bright room but who plays pinball in a super bright room? You should be shot.
Yes it will look the best in a very dark room.
In the middle - your average location or game room - it’ll look good enough. Most of these places have what you would call “mood lighting.” I doubt any of these projections are particularly important / high detail, it’s for atmosphere and the gimmick will work well enough in most lighting situations.

Most places I see pins on location or at shows have decent ambient lighting. I've never seen the "true" strobe mb in AFM because everytime I have played the game it's bright enough to see playfield without gi. No problem for huo but I see a lot of work keeping those white targets clean. Once they get dirty it will be difficult to see the projection. Hopefully it will be good enough in average lighting.

#1322 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

[quoted image]

i have this on vinyl ha

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Other future uses could be like a Haunted Mansion thing where they project faces onto a blank shape to create characters.

A champion pub with varied challengers instead of always the mustachioed Irishman!

#1324 4 years ago

I'm not much for initials myself and don't really care for them, but wouldn't it just make sense to use STR? The first few letters of a name (when obvious) are usually the easiest to recognize. Is this taken already? Simple, and requires not much thought or confusion for anybody new.

#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

the former writer in me noticed, the code in the vid has not settled on multiball names and such. Or they just didn't want to show. "TK" is used in copywriting as a placeholder (as in, "to come"), meaning you'll circle back there and fill in the content. Unless there is a character named TK on the show, ha. I know it was mentioned they weren't sure how many MBs there would be, so makes sense.[quoted image]

Someone else probably caught this, but that's likely TeleKinesis, the balls-to-the-wall multiball for Eleven.

#1326 4 years ago

I'm interested enough in this theme that it got me to sign in to Pinside.

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I'm not much for initials myself and don't really care for them, but wouldn't it just make sense to use STR? The first few letters of a name (when obvious) are usually the easiest to recognize. Is this taken already? Simple, and requires not much thought or confusion for anybody new.

NST makes the most sense to me since "Netflix Stranger Things" is right on the backglass.

#1328 4 years ago

Ok Stern Pinball, you can release the offical hi-res images and videos now. We have all scanned over this leak long enough.

#1329 4 years ago

Yep lets see the features matrix while you're at it!!

#1330 4 years ago

Distributor call on Monday.

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yep lets see the features matrix while you're at it!!

Should I start saving for the topper in 2 years?

#1332 4 years ago

I think the pro version of Stranger Things is going to be really popular. The projector feature at first glance appears washed out and dim even in the dark video Stern filmed. Whatever video being projected onto the mini movie screen may play on the main LCD on the pro. Is the projector feature, backboard magnet (doesn't appear to be a big effect), and the moving demogorgon worth $2k more over the pro? That's tough. Also, 100% plastic ramps are on the premium / LE which is disappointing in my opinion considering the price of those models. A pro Stranger Things for around $6k with the moving ramp, drop targets, and the same 40+ modes as the premium / LE version sounds pretty good.

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if you listened, kaneda appeared to be excited over the innovation of being able to get a game immediately, without having to wait.

This is a big deal!!
I was going to put my Stranger Things pin next to my Rick and Morty but I can guarantee you it will be Rick and Morty going next to my Stranger Things for sure.

#1334 4 years ago

I've read hundreds of ideas from fans of what they wanted, recommended, hoped for. Perhaps the reveal will demonstrate there is more to this than currently obvious.

#1335 4 years ago

The potential for this theme is huge. I definitely like what I see so far, including some unique new features (which in many ways is probably my number 1 priority for a new pin right now...I just feel like I want something "different"). Also curious to see how Eddie's layout will play.

Lonnie is not going to get anyone excited, but he can be more than ok if he has good help/collaboration.

The music plays a HUGE role in my love for Stranger Things (nostalgia), and I can really see it playing a huge role in the pin in terms of setting the mood for each mode. Like I said, huge potential here. Just hope that Stern will get the rights to a lot of the non-original music from the 80's.

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

showing the premium as the plaque on it is colorize

I came to the same conclusion but not because of the plaque, but the missing art blades that Stern seems to use on all newer LE models as one of the means to legitimate the price and existense of these top-tier models.

#1337 4 years ago

Love what i see so far.

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Love what i see so far.

Yes for sure so far so good

#1339 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the pro version of Stranger Things is going to be really popular. The projector feature at first glance appears washed out and dim even in the dark video Stern filmed. Whatever video being projected onto the mini movie screen may play on the main LCD on the pro. Is the projector feature, backboard magnet (doesn't appear to be a big effect), and the moving demogorgon worth $2k more over the pro? That's tough. Also, 100% plastic ramps are on the premium / LE which is disappointing in my opinion considering the price of those models. A pro Stranger Things for around $6k with the moving ramp, drop targets, and the same 40+ modes as the premium / LE version sounds pretty good.

I agree, the Pro will kill it on location.

You’ve got the LCD with clips from the show, plus an impressive “reveal” multi-state toy. Average players will dump quarters in just to see if they can make the demogorgon appear. Smart.

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

NST makes the most sense to me since "Netflix Stranger Things" is right on the backglass.

NST 100%

#1341 4 years ago

I am excited to see this IRL.

With the 'leak' happening, I am surprised we have not gotten the real deal today.

#1342 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm interested enough in this theme that it got me to sign in to Pinside.

Sup Rob! How are ya?

#1343 4 years ago

Imagine what they can do with coding the projector. It could be incredible.

#1344 4 years ago

Going to be interesting how much extra coding they put into the projector given is only PreLe. Stern doesn’t have a good track record of spending too much programming PreLe only features, but in this case they really don’t have a choice.

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

[quoted image]

Yeah, SURVIVE is great. Actually got to see them live a couple years ago and they were really good.

#1346 4 years ago

I can't imagine the pro not having the projector - it would be like MMR-CE not having the castle! Why do we think the pro doesn't have it?

#1347 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The ramps need to be clear or wireform type like on afm... that way you can see through them and see the playfield and the ball better and more of what's going on. Nothing wrong with plastic ramps as they have been used forever and hold up pretty well overall.

#1348 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The ramps need to be clear or wireform type like on afm... that way you can see through them and see the playfield and the ball better and more of what's going on. Nothing wrong with plastic ramps as they have been used forever and hold up pretty well overall.

I don't mind the initial plastic ramp area, it's the long plastic returns that end up looking cheap. Metal habitrails should be a given at these prices.

#1349 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I can't imagine the pro not having the projector - it would be like MMR-CE not having the castle! Why do we think the pro doesn't have it?

Cost

#1350 4 years ago

Which is packed more. Rick and Morty or Stranger Things?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/27?hl=airball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.