IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 144.
#1101 4 years ago

Well, the inserts probably have to do with the 30+ modes in the ruleset....not to mention they do kind of look like the Christmas lights in the show. I noticed black lights (?) above the backboard....the ramps were lit with the projection also. damn cool man.

PS: check out the spinner at the 15 sec mark :O

#1102 4 years ago

Lots of the old guys aren't going to get this. They complain if their playfield isn't lit up like the sun. They'll need night vision goggles to play this.

#1103 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Lots of the old guys aren't going to get this. They complain if their playfield isn't lit up like the sun. They'll need night vision goggles to play this.

I was thinking the same thing, the sunlight bulb and Quaker Oats crowd.

I'm betting there is something behind the 4 targets....right? That's what the pinsider was saying about entering Hawkins Lab...

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Mod idea: External port to connect a 8000+ lumen stadium projector heating the room to a cozy 97 degrees at the same time. Done and everybody happy. The plastics may get a little soft though...

#1105 4 years ago

Like seeing new tech ideas, altough it doesn‘t seem to be 100% there yet. (Pico projectors aren‘t very bright.)

My main concern is if this‘ll feel interactive enough.

Brian Eddy has one of the most interactive and satisfieing toys ever with the MM castle, I‘m not seeing that yet.

YET!!!

#1106 4 years ago
109A5675-1E33-478F-A48F-5845EEB45408.gif109A5675-1E33-478F-A48F-5845EEB45408.gif
#1107 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

. He had me checking this thread all last night

My work is done here.

#1108 4 years ago

Those side panels are going to cop a beating from the ball when the ramp is down no? Just think of all the dimples on this playfield... hell. Kinda reminds me of a cross between Golden Eye and Kiss.

#1109 4 years ago

Someone earlier mentioned the necessary Lumens of the projector needed to make this work. Guessing this is just a stock projector. And knowing Stern they went with a cheapish one. So if it turns out too washed out maybe it’s possible to upgrade the projector to a higher spec one aftermarket.

#1110 4 years ago

Is the left ramp totally missing on the pro? Why wld this be there instead? 20191221_012847 (resized).png20191221_012847 (resized).png

#1111 4 years ago

A projected video mode would be cool.
The pro will feel very basic?
Shaker motor should add good ambience.
Eggo lollipop rails?

#1112 4 years ago

Purely amazingly amazing! Truly looking forward. I hope the gets done !other than that ...he’ll yeah baby

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is the left ramp totally missing on the pro? Why wld this be there instead? [quoted image]

No, that area seems to be to the left of the left orbit entrance, which is to the left of the left ramp. It's below the ramp return.

Mechanically/toys-wise, this is pretty basic for a Premium/LE. Wonder how stripped the Pro will be...

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is the left ramp totally missing on the pro? Why wld this be there instead? [quoted image]

I'm thinking that's a scoop on the premium version (similar to the difference in GB on the right side with a saucer on the Pro). Wonder if there's a subway from the Demogorgon to that scoop (or if there's a physical lock on the premium with the demogorgon and not the pro [again, like GB])

EDIT: Vireland pic below shows otherwise.

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm thinking that's a scoop on the premium version (similar to the difference in GB on the right side with a saucer on the Pro). Wonder if there's a subway from the Demogorgon to that scoop (or if the demogorgon doesn't eat balls on the Pro model)

I think it is more akin to the All Spark shot on TF.

#1116 4 years ago

But u dont see that scoop(look like aerosmith scoop that shoot ball into chest) on any of the playfield pics./ video pics other than that one I posted? I don't see where it wld be that far out on the playfield? You wld see it in the other pics ?

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

But u dont see that scoop(look like aerosmith scoop that shoot ball into chest) on any of the playfield pics./ video pics other than that one I posted? I don't see where it wld be that far out on the playfield? You wld see it in the other pics ?

It's a scoop under the left ramp. Look at the arrows on the playfield at 36s into the video.

#1118 4 years ago

Thinking under the left ramp return? Hard to tell but you wld think you wld see it in the other pics. Also wondering where the inner orbit lanes go... the ones beside the drop targets. Definitely looking fwd to seeing more of this pin and what eddy came up with. Definitely afm reminiscent imo.

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It's there, but only in the corners of a couple quick shots. You can clearly see it on the far left of this shot. I pointed down to it with an arrow, and have up arrows showing all the up playfield shots. The left orbit is clearly still there, even with the saucer showing.

I didn't realize until I looked at this pic that there seems to be a passage on either side of the central target bank.
stranger-things (resized).jpgstranger-things (resized).jpg

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'm thinking that's a scoop on the premium version (similar to the difference in GB on the right side with a saucer on the Pro). Wonder if there's a subway from the Demogorgon to that scoop (or if there's a physical lock on the premium with the demogorgon and not the pro [again, like GB])

Premium apparently has 3 ball locks.... magnetic backboard, behind drop targets and maybe into bash toy? Maybe the bash toy leads ta subway which exits under left ramp return?

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's there, but only in the corners of a couple quick shots. You can clearly see it on the far left of this shot. I pointed down to it with an arrow, and have up arrows showing all the up shots.
I didn't realize until I looked at this pic that there seems to be a passage on either side of the central target bank.
[quoted image]

Nice 7solid lane shots then? Plus targets and bash toy?

#1122 4 years ago

Similar to afm but with that far left shot

#1123 4 years ago

Those projected arrows on the ramp look terrible.

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nice 9 solid lane shots then? Plus targets and bash toy?

Looks like 8 if you count the flashing green arrows near the end.

lit_shots (resized).jpglit_shots (resized).jpg
#1125 4 years ago

I think the game looks very promising. Kudos to Stern for trying something new and innovative!

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Those projected arrows on the ramp look terrible.

All of it would probably look a LOT better with a higher intensity (more expensive) better resolution projector light. I wonder what resolution they're feeding the projector, and would a better projector make it less washed out and blurry?

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All of it would probably look a LOT better with a higher intensity (more expensive) better resolution projector light. I wonder what resolution they're feeding the projector, and would a better projector make it less washed out and blurry?

Could be the angle of the image. And I bet the glass isn't helping with it, either. Hopefully the imaging is a lot more crisp irl.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Could be the angle of the image. And I bet the glass isn't helping with it, either. Hopefully the imaging is a lot more crisp irl.

There's no glass on this machine. You can tell at the beginning where it moves in on the guy playing.

#1129 4 years ago

Highly damn intrigued by this approach of putting projections down in the shooting area on what you could almost call a little drive-in movie screen. Have no idea what flipping it will be like with that right in the middle there. Going to be an interesting trade-off, media immersion vs. playfield obstruction. I know RfM had to have the top of the playfield really dark for the video reflection to work, but with this approach it looks like you can have the top of the playfield lit and visible, if you can see around/above the screen segments. Hmmm.....

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Highly damn intrigued by this approach of putting projections down in the shooting area on what you could almost call a little drive-in movie screen. Have no idea what flipping it will be like with that right in the middle there. Going to be an interesting trade-off, media immersion vs. playfield obstruction. I know RfM had to have the top of the playfield really dark for the video reflection to work, but with this approach it looks like you can have the top of the playfield lit and visible, if you can see around/above the screen segments. Hmmm.....

The screen's *okay*, but I REALLY like the idea of animated projections on the drop targets, spinners, and stand up targets (with numbers for maybe hurryups or multiplier numbers?). Also, the sign above the left ramp that can change depending on what you're doing.

That said, better projector will be necessary to make it not be blurry, washed out, and annoying.

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like 8 if you count the flashing green arrows near the end.[quoted image]

I actually changed my post to 7 but u must have got me before I changed it lol.. u all are quick

#1132 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like 8 if you count the flashing green arrows near the end.[quoted image]

I wasn't counting the center shot as a lane but I guess it is..

#1133 4 years ago

I'm so excited to see the reveal and hi res pics. So far it looks very promising and different so that's a plus. Looks like they got full license also which is huge. I think my pdi glass will be a must so the projecting images look as clear as possible and block out a lot of outside light reflecting. Glad stern brought in b eddy and hoping this pin and ideas work out very well. Afm.is one my all time favorites and this looks to be pretty similar in many aspects.

#1134 4 years ago

Every reveal I'm always scratching my head but this time the only thing weird is the reveal itself. The pin looks bad ass no idea if it will work and be fun but I love that they appear to actually have a proper license. I love that they are being innovative. I love the art, honestly I love everything so far. Just release some proper media and info!

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Similar to afm but with that far left shot

So, MM.

#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The screen's *okay*, but I REALLY like the idea of animated projections on the drop targets, spinners, and stand up targets (with numbers for maybe hurryups or multiplier numbers?). Also, the sign above the left ramp that can change depending on what you're doing.
That said, better projector will be necessary to make it not be blurry, washed out, and annoying.

Agreed. I think the screen could be the worst part - certainly the ugliest - but projecting on to targets/ramps etc (if bright enough) is a great idea.

#1137 4 years ago

So this was the teaser video of the teaser video?

Incredible if true that people will have the game in their homes before Xmas!

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]
NST, and the LE can be NeSTLE!

NeST and NeSTLE ;D

#1139 4 years ago

Btw, I agree with NST.
Full name of the machine is "Netflix Stranger Things" so why do we even need to think about it?
NST should be "official" abbreviation.

#1140 4 years ago

Been thinking about the art package and what not on this after watching the video.

Depending on how this game is supported and updated as the show progresses, this might be a really smart art package and lack of toy incorporation.

Take a pin like the walking dead for instance. They put a bunch of play field toys like the barn and the walker in the well in it.
Those were pretty cool when it came out, but now dates it to a specific season.

For the most part the art package is a montage of the main characters, and nothing that really pigeonholes it to any specific season or episode.
Same with the projector screen. One can assume that as seasons progress new footage etc could be added that keeps up with the show as seasons progress.

#1141 4 years ago

Call it STD
Something no one wants!

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Hope the game has some humor too. The show isn't all doom and gloom. It's pretty damn funny at times too.

idk LOTR is pretty dope and no humor in that machine. Darker machines can work if done correct.
im sure some goofy stuff will be in there from the kids though..

#1143 4 years ago

Looks pretty good, better than expected.
I guess all the female pinheads will be happy with Billy plastered on the side of the head unit.

#1144 4 years ago

Anybody else that caught the 3rd ramp? If you look closely in the video you see that the left loop is actually a ramp!
Not sure if this is only a premium/LE thing though...

Really curious to find out more about this title!
If the projector is missing on the pro, the choice will be easy...

#1145 4 years ago

Well, doubt I will be a buyer.

But, want to play this game more than any recent release I can think of.

Kudos for being so different.

And ambience is back!

Bring on the semi-darkness instead of playing with enough LED's to light up the sun

#1146 4 years ago

Finally, a game I could play in our crappy lighted game room!

E207EE69-AB3E-4725-9629-0B7AE11BA440 (resized).pngE207EE69-AB3E-4725-9629-0B7AE11BA440 (resized).png
#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Anybody else that caught the 3rd ramp? If you look closely in the video you see that the left loop is actually a ramp!
Not sure if this is only a premium/LE thing though...
Really curious to find out more about this title!
If the projector is missing on the pro, the choice will be easy...

Wldnt that be 4 then ? 3 out front once the screen folds down the the one around back that your saying? I noticed the left orbit went up in the back some but didn't think it connected to the right return? But it cld like the inner shot on afm that's a ball lock or ramp. Wonder if this can do both also if indeed it's a ramp.

#1148 4 years ago

Is that the pro model on video?

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Is that the pro model on video?

Pretty sure it's the Premium/LE because of the lit apron inserts and magnetic wall ball lock that are exclusive to the Prem/LE. But it makes me wonder how stripped down the Pro's gonna be, because there's not a whole lot of toys on the Prem/LE, at least in that video. A projector or projectors, magnetic ball wall lock, and a demigorgon bash toy. But if that's the case, the Premium once again gets what's likely to be the crappiest art package. Interested to see what the Pro and LE art package looks like.

#1150 4 years ago

Personally happy to see Stern get the game out to distributors, then an official launch of game. Sales and pick up same day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/23?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.