IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 144.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, here we go again with the playfield lottery. This is from a new JP with 15 plays...with the updated artwork that has no artwork around posts. Reports of this issue still occuring, and Stern sending out less populated playfields, makes me nervous to preorder a Stranger Things LE.
[quoted image]

This is why I am going to be out on Stranger Things...

or JJP's next one (wouldn't want to be called a fanboy)

I should just get R&M to be honest. Thought that is much easier said than done.

#902 4 years ago

CMONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

water-pipe-burst-580x387 (resized).jpgwater-pipe-burst-580x387 (resized).jpg
#903 4 years ago
595B7C56-3AA3-4F20-BA13-7BDF51D478B4.gif595B7C56-3AA3-4F20-BA13-7BDF51D478B4.gif
#904 4 years ago

Why is this post even here on JP? Plenty of pins with upper flippers without this post?

C4BC42E1-81E2-4085-9C92-739ED3FBCF28 (resized).jpegC4BC42E1-81E2-4085-9C92-739ED3FBCF28 (resized).jpeg
#905 4 years ago

Post takes the energy of the ball from a missed shot instead of the middle flipper taking the hit and smashing.

Quoted from rai:

Why is this post even here on JP? Plenty of pins with upper flippers without this post?[quoted image]

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

CMONNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why is this post even here on JP? Plenty of pins with upper flippers without this post?[quoted image]

Why are you posting about JP in the Stranger Things thread!!!!!!?!?!?!?

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I didn't say it was acceptable. It sucks! I checked the thread, that's a JP pro... which is known to have issues... the issues appear to have been fixed (see: Elvira). This has no bearing on Stranger Things.
I'm sorry you, and others, have had issues on your JPs, and other games. It definitely sucks when paying that much. I hope Stern sorts you all out. This thread is about Stranger Things, though.

#909 4 years ago

From kaneda - take it however you want

- teaser of ST to be released Sunday

- game to be unvealed and streamed by Stern on Monday the 23rd

- games already have been received by distributors and will be for sale same day. Really impressive if so

- projector feature not great and really dependent on the room being dark.

#910 4 years ago

Is there a reveal today? Thought it was next week.

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there a reveal today? Thought it was next week.

No reveal today it looks like.

#912 4 years ago

Rumors but Reveal Monday, Sunday teaser

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

- games already have been received by distributors and will be for sale same day. Really impressive if so

I hope the projector feature is good, but then again if it’s lame it’s going to save a lot of us thousands going for the full art no white areas pro.

#914 4 years ago

Hopefully a good pro.

#915 4 years ago

Hm...they need to make it so the whole play field flips for the "upside down" multiball! More realistically, they could just do RGB LEDs to change from full color to the dull pallet of the upside down...

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

No need for Novus on the playfield... Steve Harrington said ; "do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray"

tumblr_oymqh33un71qcat3go1_1280 (resized).jpgtumblr_oymqh33un71qcat3go1_1280 (resized).jpg
#917 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hasn't he already had multiple wrong predictions this week?

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sounds about right. Haha

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

yes, but mainly the travesty was him using the shake weight gif

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

not really - always said Dec 23rd. I think I know who the informant is here as well. I think this is legit.

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Charlie missed a huge bullet by revealing first and locking in those 750 games.

chucky lucky

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's a small projector, so it'll probably only be around 500 lumens. Definitely a challenge.

Luckily my game room has no windows, dark paint, and a lighting plan that causes no glare, so it'll be amazing for me.

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

It's a small projector, so it'll probably only be around 500 lumens. Definitely a challenge.
Luckily my game room has no windows, dark paint, and a lighting plan that causes no glare, so it'll be amazing for me.

Pinstadium will hate this...

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Can you say how you know or have seen so much of this game? You either work for Stern or have sneaked in the place at night appreciate the info regardless.

#925 4 years ago

Really for Christmas parties this weekend.

5B9B4CB9-1609-45FE-B5A3-275F4A13C6B8 (resized).jpeg5B9B4CB9-1609-45FE-B5A3-275F4A13C6B8 (resized).jpeg
#926 4 years ago

Only good projection should be laser projection, let's see what they will come up with.

#927 4 years ago

Damn, nothing.

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Only good projection should be laser projection, let's see what they will come up with.

Projection and pinball is a weird combination. I could see an above projector, but one in the apron seems odd to me.

First, what happens when the shaker goes off ir you nudge? Is that thing going to shake around and look terrible?

Also laser projection is not as great as you think. Just replacing or servicing that thing would be a nightmare. We have 10 laser projectors at work and weve swapped all but 1 out under warranty repair.

Interesting innovation, I await some video.

#929 4 years ago

I like the idea but for me, pinball is all about physical interaction. GB hologram even if done right just doesn't feel good to have the ball run through. I like it but wouldn't pay the prem for it. Those magna slings.....totally diff story as they are physical and just absolutely rock.

With TMNT coming out right after, and I'm hearing it's awesome, that's my prem option and I'm going ST on a pro. Of course this could all change if the reveal shows this projector is awesome but I doubt it will be enough for me to go prem.

#930 4 years ago

The term you’re looking for is Kinetic Satisfaction. Another thing Elwin is a genius at.

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The term you’re looking for is Kinetic Satisfaction. Another thing Elwin is a genius at.

haha yes. well put!

fellas - we're only two days away from seeing this thing!

On a sep note, I looked at my collection and all of a sudden I have nothing but sterns except my fav title ever (Alien). GB, TWD, Tron and JP2. Soon, ST and then TMNT.

As much shit as they get, they give you the themes you want and recently the gameplay to really match them. Rick and Morty, GnR will come in this year but it will be majority stern for 2020.

This could be the best time (for me) in pinball yet. Thank god we're moving past the old themes.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Projection and pinball is a weird combination. I could see an above projector, but one in the apron seems odd to me.
First, what happens when the shaker goes off ir you nudge? Is that thing going to shake around and look terrible?
Also laser projection is not as great as you think. Just replacing or servicing that thing would be a nightmare. We have 10 laser projectors at work and weve swapped all but 1 out under warranty repair.
Interesting innovation, I await some video.

I think the idea is cool but there are definitely engineering challenges like longevity, heat dissipation which affects the former, luminosity and maintenance costs. I really hope this is going to be well done.

#933 4 years ago

If this has been asked already, for give me, I didn’t read every post.

Why are people using “ST” for stranger things when “ST” is used for Star Trek?

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

If this has been asked already, for give me, I didn’t read every post.
Why are people using “ST” for stranger things when “ST” is used for Star Trek?

STP but that reminds me of Sublime as in Secret Tweaker Pad

or NTP as in Netflix Stranger Things

#935 4 years ago

STRT isnt bad.

#936 4 years ago

I thought it was 11

#937 4 years ago

11 is too confusing.

My fav has been STH

#938 4 years ago

You guys seem out of the loop on how small projectors are these days. We're not talking movie theaters here. We're talking the size of LED bulb, like what they have on watches and tablets. They aren't amazing, but they do the job, and keep in mind they don't have to throw the image all that far.

I anticipate either one on each side of the apron (L/R) or one center..which is more likely.

#939 4 years ago

NST? Netflix Stranger Things?

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

11 is too confusing.
My fav has been STH

You mean like Drain STH?

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You guys seem out of the loop on how small projectors are these days. We're not talking movie theaters here. We're talking the size of LED bulb, like what they have on watches and tablets. They aren't amazing, but they do the job, and keep in mind they don't have to throw the image all that far.
I anticipate either one on each side of the apron (L/R) or one center..which is more likely.

What's the expected lifetime of such one and the lifetime of the bulb or light source? Honest question, have no idea...

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

What's the expected lifetime of such one and the lifetime of the bulb or light source? Honest question, have no idea...

I'd guess 2,500 - 8,000 hrs if it's not LED although Most LED bulbs 50-100k hrs

#943 4 years ago

I just hope the bulb will be easy to replace.

Lasers theoretically last a long time though if they go that route.

I've been curious if anyone is making LED projector bulbs...seems obvious. Very bright, ling lasting, and runs cool.

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I assure you, I am not out of the loop on these little garbage projectors they sell these days. The lumens are abysmal. To compete with the gi, inserts, etc, youre looking at at least 2-3k lumens at least.

#945 4 years ago

I can't imagine them NOT doing LED really. It's the cheapest alternative right now. As for life, yes, they will last longer than you'll have the machine in most cases as long as the components aren't bad.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I assure you, I am not out of the loop on these little garbage projectors they sell these days. The lumens are abysmal. To compete with the gi, inserts, etc, youre looking at at least 2-3k lumens at least.

Yea I realize that, but I have to imagine they have taken all of that into consideration. It wouldn't even make sense to move forward with the idea if you can't even see it.

I am genuinely interested in how what they plan and how they plan to do it.

#947 4 years ago

I'm guessing it's going to look like this Projection mapping which is explained in detail on Adam Savage’s Tested YouTube:

Just think white drop targets / other white plastics where they can change whatever is on the playfield / interact with the game / ball / modes etc.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm guessing it's going to look like this Projection mapping which is explained in detail on Adam Savage’s Tested YouTube:

Just think white drop targets / other white plastics where they can change whatever is on the playfield / interact with the game / ball / modes etc.

Pretty neat.

#949 4 years ago

Guys, I just hopped out of a phone booth and came back from the future to tell you about pinsides reception of Stranger Things.

While the projection mapping is incredible and everyone is starving for new ideas, of course pinside agrees that "the Pro is the way to go".
Projection mapping does not alter the way the game shoots and is not that great if you set up the game on a tanning bed, like most of us do, anyways.

Have to go back to the future now and play some Bill & Ted pinball, bye!

#950 4 years ago

So ... did anything come out of Dead Flips Visit to Stern Today ??

Never saw a follow up

It was today not that day ... again :-/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/19?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.