IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 144.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, here we go again with the playfield lottery. This is from a new JP with 15 plays...with the updated artwork that has no artwork around posts. Reports of this issue still occuring, and Stern sending out less populated playfields, makes me nervous to preorder a Stranger Things LE.
[quoted image]

I Love Stern.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This issue isn't acceptable on a $6k pro either. The JP with the chipping is from a newer build as it has the no artwork area around the post near the upper right flipper. The below pic is of the original playfield that has artwork around the same post. I'm not sure either if Stern is putting higher quality versions of playfields on premium / LE models.
I just don't want to deal with this issue on a $9k purchase. It seemed like this issue was resolved but apparently its still possible even on games that don't feature artwork around posts.
[quoted image]

Panzer you ain't buying no damn Stranger Things game anyway, who do you think you are fooling??? Lmao..take that shit to the Jurassic Park thread. I find it hilarious how you never point out any JJP games with defects..I swear to God sometimes I wonder if you arent Jack himself. What a fanboy you are!

#853 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Panzer you ain't buying no dam Stranget Things game anyway, who do you think you are fooling??? Lmao..take that shit to the Jurassic Park thread. I find it hilarious how you never point out any JJP games with defects..I swear to God sometimes I wonder if you arent Jack himself. What a fanboy you are!

He pretends to be interested and onboard just so he can come right back and criticize everything and give backhanded compliments. and it all gets compared to JJP.

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Panzer you ain't buying no damn Stranget Things game anyway, who do you think you are fooling??? Lmao..take that shit to the Jurassic Park thread. I find it hilarious how you never point out any JJP games with defects..I swear to God sometimes I wonder if you arent Jack himself. What a fanboy you are!

Who-Dey, you may want to look in the mirror and ask yourself who the fanboy is if a comment about a playfield issue still occurring bothers you so much.

I emailed two distributors today about getting on a list for a Stranger Things LE. I'm sorry I even remotely criticized your precious Stern, how dare I question anything on a $9k purchase. I should shut up, be a good customer, and hand them my $9k no questions asked. I've purchased several NIB Stern pins over the years, a Ghostbusters premium most recently, so I'm not taking your crap

I never point out JJP games with defects? I made this post months ago in one of the playfield issue threads.

ee9a8513c331252785865569198d08f7ddfed676 (resized).jpgee9a8513c331252785865569198d08f7ddfed676 (resized).jpg

Another example where I criticized JJP on how they handled the playfield issues and complemented Stern on how well they handled the Ghostbuster playfield issues.

bf3cbbc331594dda3677df3f438841cd16455b55 (resized).jpgbf3cbbc331594dda3677df3f438841cd16455b55 (resized).jpg

Quoted from SilverBallz:

He pretends to be interested and onboard just so he can come right back and criticize everything and give backhanded compliments. and it all gets compared to JJP.

Right, please read above. I've purchased multiple NIB Stern pins, have complimented them numerous times (as well as have been critical), and have been critical of JJP as well. Don't think for a second I think the similar playfield issues on JJP games are acceptable as they are not which I've stated multiple times in other threads.

Hey remember the thread I made questioning JJP quality control months before the Pirates / Wonka playfield issues were being reported? No you don't, because you repeatedly make stuff up, and cherry pick comments.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-quality-control-inconsistent-

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

anyone else pop in here every 50-100 posts hoping for pics and then its just blah blah blah?

sure do

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Who-Dey, you may want to look in the mirror and ask yourself who the fanboy is if a comment about a playfield issue still occurring bothers you so much.
I emailed two distributors today about getting on a list for a Stranger Things LE. I'm sorry I even remotely criticized your precious Stern, how dare I question anything on a $9k purchase. I should shut up, be a good customer, and hand them my $9k no questions asked. I've purchased several NIB Stern pins over the years, a Ghostbusters premium most recently, so I'm not taking your crap
I never point out JJP games with defects? I made this post months ago in one of the playfield issue threads.
[quoted image]
Another example where I criticized JJP on how they handled the playfield issues and complemented Stern on how well they handled the Ghostbuster playfield issues.
[quoted image]

Right, please read above. I've purchased multiple NIB Stern pins, have complimented them numerous times (as well as have been critical), and have been critical of JJP as well. Don't think for a second I think the similar playfield issues on JJP games are acceptable as they are not.
Hey remember the thread I made questioning JJP quality control months before the Pirates / Wonka playfield issues were being reported? No you don't, because you repeatedly make stuff up, and cherry pick comments.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-quality-control-inconsistent-

Step away from the keyboard. Breathe in and out. Take a walk. Find some perspective.

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Step away from the keyboard. Breathe in and out. Take a walk. Find some perspective.

He needs a toke.

#858 4 years ago

Lol, I just don't like people making up lies about things I've posted to the point of harassment. It's not cool.

As I said I did email two distributors today about getting on a list for a Stranger Things LE. Everything I've read about Stranger Things in the TWIP article sounds exciting and like the type of game I gravitate to. I know Who-Dey will say I'm a JJP fanboy but there's reason I haven't purchased a Wonka after purchasing all prior JJP pins. I don't think there's a lot toy wise on the game, I'm not a fan of the way the assets have been used, and I don't like that JJP has continued to release updates for the game while Pirates remains on .99 code after 2 years.

Stern has stepped it up with several of their games, most recently Jurassic Park. I was ready to place an order for a JP premium after playing one on location but now want to wait and see how Stranger Things turns out. I also like how Stern has lowered their most recent LE counts. 500 is still high but better then 750, or JJP's insane LE counts. Some sense of rarity is still retained at 500 games.

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, I just don't like people making up lies about things I've posted to the point of harassment. It's not cool.
As I said I did email two distributor today about getting on a list for a Stranger Things LE. Everything I've read about Stranger Things in the This Week in Pinball article sounds exciting. I know Who-Dey will say I'm a JJP fanboy but there's reason I haven't purchased a Wonka after purchasing all prior JJP pins. I don't think there's a lot toy wise on the game and I'm not a fan of the way the assets have been used.
Stern has stepped it up with several of their games, most recently Jurassic Park. I was ready to place an order for a JP premium but now want to wait and see how Stranger Things looks. I also like how Stern has lowered their most recent LE counts. 500 is still high but better then 800, or JJP's insane LE counts. Some sense of rarity is still retained at 500 games.

Panzer if I was harassing you, you would know it trust me because I'd be in Michigan looking thru your window with my Jason mask on holding a machete. I'm just messing with you though because you do this with every game that comes out and you ARE a JJP fanboy I dont care what you say lol.

I actually am harassing you but it's in playful manner so just lighten up and quit bashing Stern. Everyone here knows that you're in love with Jack so stop trying to hide it!

All kidding aside though there's no guarantee that you are going to get a good playfield unfortunately. I'm not comfortable buying right this minute either. Gotta see how I get taken care of on my games first but I may very well want a Stranger Things game myself.

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Panzer if I was harassing you, you would know it trust me because I'd be in Michigan looking thru your window with my Jason mask on holding a machete. I'm just messing with you though because you do this with every game that comes out and you ARE a JJP fanboy I dont care what you say lol.
I actually am harassing you but it's in playful manner so just lighten up and quit bashing Stern. Everyone here knows that you're in love with Jack so stop trying to hide it!
All kidding aside though there's no guarantee that you are going to get a good playfield unfortunately. I'm not comfortable buying right this minute either. Gotta see how I get taken care of on my games first but I may very well want a Stranger Things game myself.

I'm not talking to you anymore Who-Dey, you made my blood pressure go up! It's hard to tell emotion through text, sorry I took what ya said as you being an asshole to me lol. Hope Stern takes care of ya and makes things right.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not talking to you anymore Who-Dey, you made my blood pressure go up! It's hard to tell emotion through text, sorry I took what ya said as you being an asshole to me lol. Hope Stern takes care of ya and makes things right.

Dude listen just so you know for future reference. If I live to be a hundred I'm going to be messing with you that long lol. You are just too easy of a target buddy. It'll never be anything personal, I just like f*cking with you!

I do still think you're a JJP Fanboy though

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As I said I did email two distributors today about getting on a list for a Stranger Things LE. Everything I've read about Stranger Things in the TWIP article sounds exciting and like the type of game I gravitate to. I know Who-Dey will say I'm a JJP fanboy but there's reason I haven't purchased a Wonka after purchasing all prior JJP pins. I don't think there's a lot toy wise on the game, I'm not a fan of the way the assets have been used, and I don't like that JJP has continued to release updates for the game while Pirates remains on .99 code after 2 years.
Stern has stepped it up with several of their games, most recently Jurassic Park. I was ready to place an order for a JP premium after playing one on location but now want to wait and see how Stranger Things turns out. I also like how Stern has lowered their most recent LE counts. 500 is still high but better then 750, or JJP's insane LE counts. Some sense of rarity is still retained at 500 games.

It’s all good. Most of us may have issues with people on here from time to time, but in the end if you met them in person it’s a different story. Who-Dey is the first person I ever talked to on pinside. I have his cell if you want to prank him. Lol

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It’s all good. Most of us may have issues with people on here from time to time, but in the end if you met them in person it’s a different story. Who-Dey is the first person I ever talked to on pinside. I have his cell if you want to prank him. Lol

Yeah its 1-800-FANBOY-PANZER HAHA

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah its 1-800-FANBOY-PANZER HAHA

Lmao

#865 4 years ago

wlf_ and those questioning the new JP playfield pic from the previous page, it’s a new run and yes it happened within 15 plays. I have my own pics in person of the same playfield. I didn’t want to post since the owner is dealing with Stern direct for a remedy, but since it’s now out there, it’s a new game with a new build date after “the (non-widespread) issue” was fixed, and has the new lack of artwork around the posts.

I was actually getting real hyped about Stranger Things, but the rumors of a gimped Pro with no upside down effects and the continued BS quality make my AC/DC Luci remaining I guess (though I want a Stranger Things pin bad!)

#866 4 years ago

Get a room PanzerFreak and Who-Dey

#867 4 years ago

frankmac left his Next Stern Pin thread to come into this Stranger Things thread, which means this is the ultimate Stranger Things thread... Let's just hope we have the same reaction as Dustin and company when the reveal takes place.

dustin_stranger_things_pinball.gifdustin_stranger_things_pinball.gif
#868 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

frankmac left his Next Stern Pin thread to come into this Stranger Things thread, which means this is the ultimate Stranger Things thread... Let's just hope we have the same reaction as Dustin and company when the reveal takes place.[quoted image]

035EC451-745F-401E-B233-233D14CAE38C (resized).jpeg035EC451-745F-401E-B233-233D14CAE38C (resized).jpeg
#869 4 years ago

So just to keep everyone up to date on Stern's the Stranger Things pinball, Who-dey is an asshole and Panzer is a JJP fanboy.

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

So just to keep everyone up to date on Stern's the Stranger Things pinball, Who-dey is an asshole and Panzer is a JJP fanboy.

And no playfield pics yet.

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And no playfield pics yet.

Monday.

#872 4 years ago

im really hoping I dont have to wait long for a premium.... Does stern always pump out PROs first?

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

im really hoping I dont have to wait long for a premium.... Does stern always pump out PROs first?

Yes. Then LEs then pros and premiums.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Then LEs then pros and premiums.

To piggyback off what Chuck said. They do pro's first to get operators their games and get them out there on the street. Then the LE's, well I'm assuming because they paid for them, next. The Premiums are usually done a month or 2 later.

You might wait longer, but hopefully any kinks in the manufacturing process are ironed out by then and you get a solid game.

#875 4 years ago

Idk. All the leaks are cool and all, but there’s something about seeing the whole reveal fresh and seeing unexpected features.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The wait is usually worth it. It gives you time to decide if the extra features are really worth it and the extra features are usually worth waiting for. It also gives them time to get some bugs worked out and it will give you time to see how the playfields are holding up as well. Good things (usually) come to those who wait.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The wait is usually worth it. It gives you time to decide if the extra features are really worth it and the extra features are usually worth waiting for. It also gives them time to get some bugs worked out and it will give you time to see how the playfields are holding up as well. Good things (usually) come to those who wait.

So true. The 3 premiums I've bought - TWD, ACDC and DP - have all turned out to be "keepers" and I'm putting that down to not buying on hype, but buying after playing and after code is baked. They've also all been bulletproof out of the box.

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So true. The 3 premiums I've bought - TWD, ACDC and DP - have all turned out to be "keepers" and I'm putting that down to not buying on hype, but buying after playing and after code is baked. They've also all been bulletproof out of the box.

I have one real pin so far and its a deadpool premium. Money isnt the issue. My impatience is!

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have one real pin so far and its a deadpool premium. Money isnt the issue. My impatience is!

Yes that sucks having to wait but there's really nothing you can do about it. If this is kind of a dream theme I definitely recommend that you wait and get the xtra features. You will be glad that you did.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes that sucks having to wait but there's really nothing you can do about it. If this is kind of a dream theme I definitely recommend that you wait and get the xtra features. You will be glad that you did.

It is a top theme. Im just really itching to get my next pin as ive convinced my wife! Looking forward to reveal

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im just really itching to get my next pin as ive convinced my wife!

Hurry before she changes her mind!

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Just something I've observered:
This thread has posts by about 200 Pinsiders. The RaM thread has posts by over 600 Pinsiders.
I think it's great (if this turns out true) that pinball is moving toward a more modern theme. GoT was a nice current theme, hopefully we'll get more.
As has been stated, plenty of money (or debt) in this hobby.

I hear ya, but I have no loyalty. I'll get to theme point below, but first in my opinion people or companies make pinball not only because it maybe a passion but also because it's a business, a for profit business. I don't mind if they make money as long as I get value out of it too. So I don't sweat who makes what,(sorry, just some nostalgia for Williams). I'm with the company that makes the best game and gives me the best value. I hope they get this concept too, it will help their thinking in the long run. Now with that said, I was pleasantly surprised with spooky's ACNC, and not so much with Rick and Morty.....No offence to Scott (I mean it), I'm just being obiective. I want the best game, whomever makes it. It kinda reminds of the album name "The Raw And The Cooked".....I'm a bit cooked after being in the hobby a long time and knowing what's just good and what's great when it comes to pinball for me, I saw that simplistic design and knew it wasn't for me, I don't have to wait for the game play. Now, one last point, everybody talks about theme, to me theme is the ground floor, just a qualifier, it doesn't clinch the deal with me (Ex: GB, SW and Guardians). The game has to play well, have some unique toys, or something that makes it stand out for other machines, and finally a good rule set that will give it some longevity, look at my collection and see what I mean.....I've owned a lot of game, so by now I know what I like.

#883 4 years ago

Of course Stern is delaying this release ….. Prices go up January 1st.

#884 4 years ago

Wonder if this is the type of projector?

Struggling to visualise how this would work though

https://www.amazon.com/Zmucen-Portable-Projector-Meeting-Theater/dp/B07RSMZD26/ref=sr_1_7

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wonder if this is the type of projector?
Struggling to visualise how this would work though
amazon.com link »

I’m thinking it will look like the Walt Disney World castle projection for the shows and or Universal studios projection on the Harry Potter castle.

#886 4 years ago

kvan99
All good man. I'm in agreement about all that. No loyalty dollars spent. You're as good as your last game kinda thing.

I agree about theme. Love IMDN, but had it been Archer, it would be in my basement, and I'd be out 7k. Flip side, theme with uninspired playfield also gets no money from me.

Glad we have choices!

#887 4 years ago

I love Dustin, hes easily a top 3 character for me, so I was very upset to find out the delay is due to some bonehead accidentally putting Steve Harvey teeth on Dustins character by mistake.

#888 4 years ago

I'm not sure if stern can pull off full blown projector mapping. To do so, it'd need multiple projectors to eliminate shadows and some major scanning and software to handle the mapping. I'd expect it's just a projected image.

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I'm not sure if stern can pull off full blown projector mapping. To do so, it'd need multiple projectors to eliminate shadows and some major scanning and software to handle the mapping. I'd expect it's just a projected image.

I suppose the projector could move side to side but I doubt it. The ramps that uses the projector feature may be close to the center of the playfield where the rumored movie screen is which would allow one projector to be used. The drop targets and stand up targets that can have images projected onto them are likely the ones in front of the center Hawkins lab toy.

"Movie projector on Premium/LE: a first in pinball, a movie projector under the bottom art (apron it sounds like!) – you can’t see it but it is projecting out onto the playfield. There is a screen on the front of Hawkins lab that opens up as a movie screen. The projector also projects onto other surfaces in the game including ramps and drop targets and stand up targets. When the game is not on, these surfaces for the screens will be white."

#890 4 years ago

I keep peeping in on this thread to see if we have any pics yet? This anticipation is killing me.

Peeping.gifPeeping.gif
#891 4 years ago

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm really excited about this game because it's an awesome theme but man is it realistically going to be able to live up to JP2? Unfortunately I highly doubt it.

I must be missing the magic of JP2 because I feel it’s just ok. I prefer Maiden by a lot.

#893 4 years ago

The projector feature intrigues me but I imagine they'd have to find something like $50 to fit in the BOM so we should probably temper our expectations. Hope I'm wrong!

#894 4 years ago

I just like that they are trying new things. Whether this works or not, super basic or not, it’s awesome they are doing stuff like this.

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The projector feature intrigues me but I imagine they'd have to find something like $50 to fit in the BOM so we should probably temper our expectations. Hope I'm wrong!

yeah think hype vs implementation of the ST starfield laser

#896 4 years ago

So I’m almost 51 DAMN! And I think the show is in my all time top 10 as well as many of my older buddies . It’s Just really well done. Now some of my younger buddies that are in there low to mid forties think it’s just ok. Its maybe A nostalgic thing ,Stephen King movies ,Spielberg movies those were definitely my era of there Height.
So_tom May have it right with it being the star field , ghostbusters hologram had very few things in it. Jersey Jack’s Wizard of Oz the crystal ball and very few things in it as well so implementation is key.
I will be buying depending on how far the code is.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Of course Stern is delaying this release ….. Prices go up January 1st.

The funny thing is....this is actually correct. street price is +$100 for all games except Elvira.

#898 4 years ago

Stranger Things en route across the Atlantic ??
More chance of a sneak preview from Davy Jones locker....
2A84BF38-A89E-461D-A6DD-7FD061D4B12B (resized).jpeg2A84BF38-A89E-461D-A6DD-7FD061D4B12B (resized).jpeg

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I keep peeping in on this thread to see if we have any pics yet? This anticipation is killing me.[quoted image]

While I enjoy the Stranger things Barb pool scene, as well as the billy pool scene... I'm partial to the Fast Times at Ridgemont High scene with Phoebe Cates.

fastime.giffastime.gif
#900 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, here we go again with the playfield lottery. This is from a new JP with 15 plays...with the updated artwork that has no artwork around posts. Reports of this issue still occuring, and Stern sending out less populated playfields, makes me nervous to preorder a Stranger Things LE.
[quoted image]

Dear lord, look at the clear in that picture. It's like orange peel when you poorly rattle can things! Contact your distributor and demand a new fully populated play field and give em 30 days and if they fail to meet your demand that you want a brand new machine. When the financial loss starts hitting the distributors pockets they'll get pissed and go after Stern.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/18?hl=joncbrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.