IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 144.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There is something to that. If it's too realistic then it juts looks like a picture, which takes you back to the photoshop days we weren't that happy with.

Yeah, I'm not heartbroken that a certain podcaster no longer works with Stern.

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Artist and his work: https://www.bobstevlic.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that looks f-ing great man!

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. And that’s going to be awesome.

You ever see one of those in room level lighting? Or played with the focus ring?

It's easy to ignore fuzzy edges when dealing with things 4' across from 20' away... expecting 1" lettering to be clear is a whole other ball of wax. And focusing at different distances is still a problem.

I'm thinking more 'snow effect' than 'changing art'

#804 4 years ago

Welp, you heard it here first, the projection thing sucks.

#805 4 years ago

"...currently resides in the suburbs of Chicago working from his home studio for clients and collectors around the globe."

Always better when the talent is local. Good fit for Stern.

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Artist and his work: https://www.bobstevlic.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great stuff, was really hoping it wouldn’t be Johnny crap on this release so happy to see it isn’t and this guys work looks great!

P.s. Brian (Eddy) is this your pinside account

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

He did the backglass on the GOT LE.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Me thinking about this...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#809 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Works for me.

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

And the Dragon on the cabinet.

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nope, it's changing art.

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Me thinking about this...[quoted image]

And the cabinet too.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

And the Dragon on the cabinet.

Right

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Nope, it's changing art.

I know what the description is... my comment was more about 'net gain'.

If its anything more than a light stencil and effective at more than one canvas... I'll be impressed.

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I know what the description is... my comment was more about 'net gain'.
If its anything more than a light stencil and effective at more than one canvas... I'll be impressed.

At this point it appears aingide has seen the game in action, everything he posted yesterday was corroborated by TWIP's post today. If he says projected hallways on the center toy and lockers on the drops to correspond with game modes, it seems that's what it is. VERY interested in seeing this thing in action, what a couple of exciting weeks to be following pinball.

#816 4 years ago

I have to wonder how many bought a nib game this month or recently and now will regret it when this pin comes out. That’s if it’s as good as it sounds.

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I have to wonder how many bought a nib game this month or recently and now will regret it when this pin comes out. That’s if it’s as good as it sounds.

Why would they regret it. There'll be a ton of people who will buy this pin sight unseen who will regret it, just like every new pin.

#818 4 years ago

I'm really excited about this game because it's an awesome theme but man is it realistically going to be able to live up to JP2? Unfortunately I highly doubt it.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

At this point it appears aingide has seen the game in action, everything he posted yesterday was corroborated by TWIP's post today. If he says projected hallways on the center toy and lockers on the drops to correspond with game modes, it seems that's what it is. VERY interested in seeing this thing in action, what a couple of exciting weeks to be following pinball.

Wording from both "leaks" sounds like the same source.

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm really excited about this game because it's an awesome theme but man is it realistically going to be able to live up to JP2? Unfortunately I highly doubt it.

Kinda hard to make the best game ever every time you make a game. Agree?

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Kinda hard to make the best game ever every time you make a game. Agree?

For a lot of people Elwins managed it 2 for 2, so it’s certainly possible.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think the original guy with this info was a LE member on TWIP and leaked out what he read.

Totally fine with me as I'm not a fan of this LE info behind a pay wall although I understand Jeff is trying to make some $$ to help with the site so I see both sides.

#823 4 years ago

every game doesnt need to be the best ever. And Im getting tired of this "rivalry" that seems to be developing with RaM vs Stranger Things(EGGO, sticking to it). I want both RaM and EGGO to be awesome! Im not hoping either fails. Im hoping to buy EGGO and Im not a massive RaM fan(ive seen all the episodes and like it). I just hope both are awesome and get to play both some day. The more companies making good Pins will grow the hobby. I do like that two companies are making games with very current themes. Im 38 and I like a lot of the old games, but Id prefer more new themes. hoping these all turn out great!

#824 4 years ago

Yep. I hope they are both awesome. Two themes I'm actually excited about. Honestly, I was excited for JP2, but the art kind of put me off...but with everyone saying how good it is, I can't wait to flip it sometime. But I was also really excited about BK3....and well...

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For a lot of people Elwins managed it 2 for 2, so it’s certainly possible.

And Eddy's 3 for 3 on his designs (IMO). I'm a little nervous about the projector but can't wait to see this one.

Quoted from cooked71:

Good point, hopefully we get more info soon. Having fun speculating in the meantime though.

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well if it plays just as well, has as many or more toys, has licensed audio versus third party voice actors, and has at least twice the number of modes as being reported then I say theres a good chance of it actually being better then JP.

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yep. I hope they are both awesome. Two themes I'm actually excited about. Honestly, I was excited for JP2, but the art kind of put me off...but with everyone saying how good it is, I can't wait to flip it sometime. But I was also really excited about BK3....and well...

I havent played bk3 but all the videos ive seen makes me want one. The theme, music. Just cant speak for the gameplay. I know its hard, but im ok with that

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Holy shit! if this is true, Charlie missed a huge bullet by revealing first and locking in those 750 games.

Just something I've observered:
This thread has posts by about 200 Pinsiders. The RaM thread has posts by over 600 Pinsiders.

I think it's great (if this turns out true) that pinball is moving toward a more modern theme. GoT was a nice current theme, hopefully we'll get more.

As has been stated, plenty of money (or debt) in this hobby.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Wish he did GB, not a fan of what Stern went with.

#830 4 years ago

Well, here we go again with the playfield lottery. This is from a new JP with 15 plays...with the updated artwork that has no artwork around posts. Reports of this issue still occuring, and Stern sending out less populated playfields, makes me nervous to preorder a Stranger Things LE.

f13f074a7ef1acc36aa72c9ed13a6b7142a4b3a6 (resized).jpgf13f074a7ef1acc36aa72c9ed13a6b7142a4b3a6 (resized).jpg

#831 4 years ago

You know if you just wouldn't play with it, that wouldn't be a problem. :p

#832 4 years ago

This looks like it’s going to be epic, can’t wait to see it soon!

#833 4 years ago

Really hoping for all those waiting for this pin that stern pulls through with a hit. I blew my load on R&M.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, here we go again with the playfield lottery. This is from a new JP with 15 plays...with the updated artwork that has no artwork around posts. Reports of this issue still occuring, and Stern sending out less populated playfields, makes me nervous to preorder a Stranger Things LE.
[quoted image]

That’s not good. This issue has quieted down... was hoping it was resolved.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Really hoping for all those waiting for this pin that stern pulls through with a hit. I blew my load on R&M.

AF11AD66-C0CC-4226-AFD3-D1C220A58C2F.gifAF11AD66-C0CC-4226-AFD3-D1C220A58C2F.gif
#836 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This was a Mirco issue, seen across different companies, including Spooky with TNA.

Mirco does not make Spooky playfields.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

i got the POTC LE and JP premium both NIB, no regrets at all and if i decide to let go of either the market if extremely favorable

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Mirco does not make Spooky playfields.

Yeah, I thought they did TNA, which had chipping, so I edited that. Mostly interested in news on this machine, that’s why I looked.

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Is that a pro? It seemed they fixed the issues for the premiums, and on Elvira, etc.

If the build date was from when there were issues, I dont see what you're getting at? You might be playing the "playfield lottery" getting a NIB JP sitting around in musty warehouses...

there weren't issues on Elvira, were there? why suggest this indicates anything for Stranger Things?

#840 4 years ago

The only pin that I've been as excited about in the last 5 years was The Beatles. No game has disappointed me more in the last 5 years more than The Beatles. Don't blow it this time, Stern.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Is that a pro? It seemed they fixed the issues for the premiums, and on Elvira, etc.
If the build date was from when there were issues, I dont see what you're getting at? You might be playing the "playfield lottery" getting a NIB JP sitting around in musty warehouses...
there weren't issues on Elvira, were there? why suggest this indicates anything for Stranger Things?

This issue isn't acceptable on a $6k pro either. The JP with the chipping is from a newer build as it has the no artwork area around the post near the upper right flipper. The below pic is of the original playfield that has artwork around the same post. I'm not sure either if Stern is putting higher quality versions of playfields on premium / LE models.

I just don't want to deal with this issue on a $9k purchase. It seemed like this issue was resolved but apparently its still possible even on games that don't feature artwork around posts.

Screenshot_20191219-181950_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191219-181950_Chrome (resized).jpg

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This issue isnt acceptable on a $6k pro either. The JP with the chipping is from a newer build as it has the no artwork area around the post near the upper right flipper. Below is a pic of the original artwork that has artwork around the same post

I didn't say it was acceptable. It sucks! I checked the thread, that's a JP pro... which is known to have issues... the issues appear to have been fixed (see: Elvira). This has no bearing on Stranger Things.

I'm sorry you, and others, have had issues on your JPs, and other games. It definitely sucks when paying that much. I hope Stern sorts you all out. This thread is about Stranger Things, though.

#843 4 years ago

anyone else pop in here every 50-100 posts hoping for pics and then its just blah blah blah?

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

I didn't say it was acceptable. It sucks! I checked the thread, that's a JP pro... which is known to have issues... the issues appear to have been fixed (see: Elvira). This has no bearing on Stranger Things.
I'm sorry you, and others, have had issues on your JPs, and other games. It definitely sucks when paying that much. I hope Stern sorts you all out. This thread is about Stranger Things, though.

No this is a problem.

“The fix” included the art missing by the posts.
The early pros that were pre fix had art all around posts or washers covering them up.

Edit: However if it’s a one case isolated incident then not a big deal. First one I’ve seen with a problem post “fix”

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

anyone else pop in here every 50-100 posts hoping for pics and then its just blah blah blah?

Yes. Me. Just now.

#846 4 years ago

#847 4 years ago

Yes. I keep bouncing between here and FB every 30-60 minutes in hopes that something will get shown.

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This issue isn't acceptable on a $6k pro either. The JP with the chipping is from a newer build as it has the no artwork area around the post near the upper right flipper. The below pic is of the original playfield that has artwork around the same post. I'm not sure either if Stern is putting higher quality versions of playfields on premium / LE models.
I just don't want to deal with this issue on a $9k purchase. It seemed like this issue was resolved but apparently its still possible even on games that don't feature artwork around posts.
[quoted image]

Have you looked at the tightness of that screw for the post? Maybe it's come loose some. There are 3 JP pro's nearby and the only one I've noticed with the loose post is the newest one with the updated playfield. I think in the JP thread there was talk of a change to that post mount causing it to be more prone to loosening. Hitting that post when loose will cause playfield damage for sure. Stern should start using threadlock on these screws.

#849 4 years ago

Should move this JP/play-field chat to another thread. Pretty sure there are a ton of threads on this. Not trying to be a dick but just saying! The bridge will be crossed if they send out shit play-fields again. I'm choosing to be optimistic they solved the issue

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

No this is a problem.
“The fix” included the art missing by the posts.
The early pros that were pre fix had art all around posts or washers covering them up.
Edit: However if it’s a one case isolated incident then not a big deal. First one I’ve seen with a problem post “fix”

IIRC correctly, even the pros with art not around posts are known to have problems. That doesn't seem to have fixed things. As seen above.

They needed to alter their clear process, which they seem to have done, starting with Elvira (and JP Prems?)

Unless they go back to the clear process used on JP, why is this relevant here? I genuinely dont understand Panzer

This is dumb. Keep it to Stranger Things. There are ten threads for issues on older games. I gotta stop feed the cleargate trolls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/17?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.