IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 144.
#751 4 years ago

Its 1PM Eastern Id say its safe to say another day has past!

But i have a good feeling about tomorrow!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#752 4 years ago

Who from the show would do a good job with custom callouts?

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Billy

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why not just use deepfake software and have custom callouts for any character?

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Holy shit! if this is true, Charlie missed a huge bullet by revealing first and locking in those 750 games.

I think they would of sold out not matter what else was released. The RaM theme is very strong, there hasn’t even been gameplay and people paid the locked in deposit.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Temper your expectations around assets and which seasons of the show are included.

Hopper is the obvious choice IMO, but he's a legit movie star guy now.

#757 4 years ago

A stranger thing will be if these show up without playfield issues.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I'm not sure it is Dr. RosenPenis

I have a Stranger Things pin, and a steak sandwich.

Quoted from Bearcat:

Killing the demogorgan with a pinball down his gullet would be a rather satisfying shot.[quoted image]

If you had to hit the demogoron, and then it'd open, THEN you hit the kill shot, that be the balls.

demo.gifdemo.gif
#759 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

ohhhh the irony!

#760 4 years ago

One tweak to the article on Stranger Things - it sounds like the movie projector feature will be only on the Premium/LE, not the Pro. Sorry about that.

Still will be colorful.

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

One tweak to the article on Stranger Things - it sounds like the movie projector feature will be only on the Premium/LE, not the Pro. Sorry about that.
Still will be colorful.

and the disappointment starts.... (just to be clear, not with you, just the cost-cutting to the pro)

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

... just the cost-cutting to the pro)

How do they make a less expensive pin (i.e a pro model) without cost cutting?

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Still will be colorful.

Ouch. Kinda makes me think that the projector is just a gimmick then rather than a core function of the game.

#764 4 years ago

Hmmm that might not be a bad thing, some probably won’t like the white parts/areas and the pro with full art will keep those people happy.

There’s also the chance the projection stuff isn’t all that good, if it’s not done brilliantly it could be quite disappointing so having a non projector/full art version isn’t a bad idea.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Still will be colorful.

I wonder if it will be a legit projector showing animations or a laser show like on ST... you can do some fancy things with projected lasers but it wouldn't be the same.

#766 4 years ago

Cant wait for the reveal. I'm in. Will have to sell something if the reveal looks good.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Well some start with the Pro and then add shit on to make the LE.

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Just make the differences cosmetic between the variable models. I know this isn't stern's routine, I get that, it just gets frustrating sometimes, especially on a theme I care about. JP missing the t-rex okay, same shot still does the same thing on the pro, I get it. But if you are saying the game is going to look and act differently on the premium/le models it is more frustrating.

I'm sure it is still going to be a ton of fun, and stern makes great stuff, just disappointing.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Humor!

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just make the differences cosmetic between the variable models. I know this isn't stern's routine, I get that, it just gets frustrating sometimes, especially on a theme I care about. JP missing the t-rex okay, same shot still does the same thing on the pro, I get it. But if you are saying the game is going to look and act differently on the premium/le models it is more frustrating.
I'm sure it is still going to be a ton of fun, and stern makes great stuff, just disappointing.

I think the projector is more cosmetic than anything. When you're in the school mode, stuff will look like the school...lockers for drop targets, hallway on the center building screen, whatever.

I don't think anything that's projected couldn't be communicated on the LCD, it's just more immersive in-line.

#771 4 years ago

If you need an idea of what they are attempting, go youtube halloween house projection mapping. I assume it is like this and the interactivity will coincide with this. It's a pretty cool idea actually. They will essentially be able to also create that snow/ash effect in the upside down with it as well.

#772 4 years ago

Damn no projector on the pro could be a deal breaker. That some really cool

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn no projector on the pro could be a deal breaker.

I wouldn't call off your dogs yet, the projector could be a great idea and shitty IRL

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wouldn't call off your dogs yet, the projector could be a great idea and shitty IRL

Totally agree but it's a very unique mech that if done well would awesome

#775 4 years ago

Yea, it will be interesting to see how they implement it.

#776 4 years ago

I'm real interested in the light level needed for it too.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you need an idea of what they are attempting, go youtube halloween house projection mapping. I assume it is like this and the interactivity will coincide with this. It's a pretty cool idea actually. They will essentially be able to also create that snow/ash effect in the upside down with it as well.

Yea but those house projection mappings are no joke, well done/developed, using expensive projector etc. It's not the same thing.

#778 4 years ago

I had high hopes with the GB Ecto Goggle implementation, wishfully thinking we'd get more than a handful of random ghosts displayed or more inclusiveness and game related functionality. But hey, we got JT's cat, yay!

This projector on ST sounds awfully familiar....

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

This projector on ST sounds awfully familiar....

Seriously? It’s nothing like the ecto goggles. Haha

#780 4 years ago

I'm predicting reveal on the 23rd bc it's interesting this article not only comes out now but you can tell someone from Stern is reading it as they notified TWIP to change the premium features.... and likely allowing it to be printed by TWIP as general story vs only limited rumors.

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

wow the 2019 stranger things Halloween house projection mapping display live video is very impressive. I understand it wont be like this but this is some cool stuff for sure.

#782 4 years ago

Playfield projection technology does not bode well for pinstadium...

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea but those house projection mappings are no joke, well done/developed, using expensive projector etc. It's not the same thing.

It 'could' be the same thing. Just speculating based off what little has been given so far. The possibilities are pretty cool because it's not a lot of space so you can do quite a bit of projection with not a very big footprint. However, yes, it is Stern, so hard to say what it will actually be like.

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Reading the description, I'm not convinced that the functionality will be much more than Ecto Goggle-like. I hope I'm wrong.

#785 4 years ago

Wonder if best to play in dark with the projection. I tend to play with the lights on

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Playfield projection technology does not bode well for pinstadium...

That's the only positive we are sure of this early.

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the only positive we are sure of this early.

Lol

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Reading the description, I'm not convinced that the functionality will be much more than Ecto Goggle-like. I hope I'm wrong.

Particularly because it’s Pre/LE only. Usually means half-arsed code integration.

#789 4 years ago

The ecto goggles is a small display that is reflected right? This is supposed to be a projection from what I am reading and not localized to one small area so it will be very different.

Quoted from DruTheFu:

#790 4 years ago

I like what I'm reading. Been waiting for this one.
My only real hesitation is with it being yet another pin with a basic fan layout. I'm hoping it's got a lot going on to keep me interested. Fan layouts seem to lose my interest much faster than unique layouts do.
I'm excited for tuesday.

Edit..
My other concern is with playfield build quality

#791 4 years ago

Will the game have thin non existent clear coat or glossy beautiful clear with bubbling art?

Maybe a split cabinet, broken coil stop, power reset & ghosted insert?

Can’t wait!

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He's talking about expectations vs reality... not mechs being similar

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I don't watch the show. I watched the first season and said wow the special fx are so bad, the plot makes no sense, but I gave it one more season. Season 2 was the worst it was impossible to even follow it. Someone said watch season 3 its the best, but I couldn't even watch season 2.

You must have been too distracted, trying to watch Stranger Things while studying for med school, Doc. Give it another go, and congrats on your PhD!

#794 4 years ago

NOW LET ME TELL YOU A FEW THINGS I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THIS GAME

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He's talking about expectations vs reality... not mechs being similar

I beg to differ. Haha

#796 4 years ago

Do you all really think it's going to be anything more than this?

lightshow-christmas-light-projectors-115587-e1_1000 (resized).jpglightshow-christmas-light-projectors-115587-e1_1000 (resized).jpg

Or that you can get projection images focused at multiple different distances.. from the same source... in bright light conditions..

I'm thinking house lighting "projector" in black-out modes.. aka Star Trek but with a light stencil instead of the pen laser.

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Do you all really think it's going to be anything more than this?

No. And that’s going to be awesome.

#798 4 years ago

Artist and his work: https://www.bobstevlic.com

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 12.09.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 12.09.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 12.09.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 12.09.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 12.09.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 12.09.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 12.10.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 12.10.11 PM (resized).png
#799 4 years ago

Looks very Drew Struzan, which is a good fit since Kyle Lambert did the Stranger Things season posters in the style of Drew.

That said, I'm not in love with photorealistic pinball art in general.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That said, I'm not in love with photorealistic pinball art in general.

There is something to that. If it's too realistic then it juts looks like a picture, which takes you back to the photoshop days we weren't that happy with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 18.95
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/16?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.