IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 144.
#651 4 years ago

I was blown away how nicely my Jurassic Park played out of the box and am really digging dead pool and maiden among other newer sterns.
I have also really come around on them and will surely jump on stranger things if/when it drops.

#652 4 years ago

I was thinking about how a Stranger Things pin likely won't have season 4 content in it and I'm perfectly fine with that. Each of the first 3 seasons have a big enemy to fight. By the time the 3rd season ends I felt that the show could have ended. This is great for the pin as a wizard mode could surround beating The Demogorgon from season 1, another wizard mode for beating The Mind Flayer from season 2, and a super wizard mode for beating The Mind Flayer that appears in monster form from season 3.

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Someone shares their own opinion they don't watch or follow Stranger Things and people blow up. Its my opinion! OMG! You like what you like I like what I like get over it!

Why are you even following and posting in this thread then?

I tried to watch Rick & Morty and couldn’t get into it... you know what I don’t do? Go take a shit in the R&M thread just to be a naysayer, and then complain when the people in a thread about R&M don’t approve of me telling them their show is stupid (It’s not stupid...just not my thing - make me a futurama pin, though, and I’m in day one)

#654 4 years ago

I'm not hating anything and could care less about pushback. I stand by my opinion I don't' like the show. I gave the 2nd season a try and couldn't follow it anymore. Almost everyone I've ever talked to about this show admitted to me season 2 sucks, but then say season 3 was better. I'm just not digging the show so why should you get downvoted for not like a TV show... give me a break. Is everyone going to honestly tell me a TV show that has been around for a couple years is your ULTIMATE dream theme... c'mon.

You're honestly going to tell me you wouldn't prefer Harry Potter, Matrix, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Jaws and the list goes on. Please.

This isn't a dream theme. I use to watch American Horror Story, season 1 was awesome, and it went down the tubes from there. Walking Dead is totally unwatchable now. I'm not saying Stranger Things doesn't have fans, every show has fans from Leave it to Beaver to Thundercats. I really loved Westworld I rated that show a 10 then the second season hit now I doubt I'd ever watch it again. Its just my opinion.

KUDOS to Spooky their TV show based game is currently ranked 12th highest rated TV show (IMDB) while Stranger Things is ranked #53. However you to take that with a grain of salt... Rick and Morty has 300k votes, while a show like Game of Thrones has 1.6 million. Either way the people who like the show will like the pinball good for you.

You talk about the 80's yeah love the 80's... give me Caddyshack, Vacation, Blues Brothers and even though Animal House was 78 I think of it from the 80's. However Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Pee Wee Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, Stranger Things is from 2016 not the 80's. Give me a real 80's theme I'd love that. How about ET, Ferris Bueller Day Off, Prince Bride, Die Hard, Goonies, Airplane, I mean the list is very long. Give me some 80's themes I'm way behind that concept. Stranger Things again is from 2016.

Quoted from aingide:

It's always hilarious when people hate on something popular, then clutch their pearls when they get the invited, inevitable, and obvious pushback.

I refuse to believe you don't know what you're doing. It's impossible.

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm not hating anything and could care less about pushback. I stand by my opinion I don't' like the show. I gave the 2nd season a try and couldn't follow it anymore. Almost everyone I've ever talked to about this show admitted to me season 2 sucks, but then say season 3 was better. I'm just not digging the show so why should you get downvoted for not like a TV show... give me a break. Is everyone going to honestly tell me a TV show that has been around for a couple years is your ULTIMATE dream theme... c'mon.
You're honestly going to tell me you wouldn't prefer Harry Potter, Matrix, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Jaws and the list goes on. Please.
This isn't a dream theme. I use to watch American Horror Story, season 1 was awesome, and it went down the tubes from there. Walking Dead is totally unwatchable now. I'm not saying Stranger Things doesn't have fans, every show has fans from Leave it to Beaver to Thundercats. I really loved Westworld I rated that show a 10 then the second season hit now I doubt I'd ever watch it again. Its just my opinion.
KUDOS to Spooky their TV show based game is currently ranked 12th highest rated TV show (IMDB) while Stranger Things is ranked #53. However you to take that with a grain of salt... Rick and Morty has 300k votes, while a show like Game of Thrones has 1.6 million. Either way the people who like the show will like the pinball good for you.
You talk about the 80's yeah love the 80's... give me Caddyshack, Vacation, Blues Brothers and even though Animal House was 78 I think of it from the 80's. However Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Pee Wee Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, Stranger Things is from 2016 not the 80's. Give me a real 80's theme I'd love that. How about ET, Ferris Bueller Day Off, Prince Bride, Die Hard, Goonies, Airplane, I mean the list is very long. Give me some 80's themes I'm way behind that concept. Stranger Things again is from 2016.

ok

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Can you read?

There is a poll asking 'Are you interested in a Stern Stranger Things pinball machine?”

That is the poll. That is the question the poll asks. My answer is I don't like the TV show. However I know people do like it but I don't. I'd love to see an 80's theme pinball game a real one... I gave a list. Its a question and I gave an answer. Get over it.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

It's a dream theme to me. I rather have a Stranger Things pin than most themes I can think of. This is my top 5 list.

1. Guns n Roses (getting the new one)
2. James Bond
3. Stranger Things
4. A good Star Wars pin, or the Mandalorian
5. A good Back to the Future pin

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This isn't a dream theme.

Stranger things beats everything on that list besides Harry Potter for me.

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Can you read?

There is a poll asking 'Are you interested in a Stern Stranger Things pinball machine?”

That is the poll. That is the question the poll asks. My answer is I don't like the TV show. However I know people do like it but I don't. I'd love to see an 80's theme pinball game a real one... I gave a list. Its a question and I gave an answer. Get over it.

NO I think its you can't read. The Poll asks if you're interested in Stranger Things Pinball. I said no because I'm not a fan of the TV Show. DUH!

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

NO I think its you can't read. The Poll asks if you're interested in Stranger Things Pinball. I said no because I'm not a fan of the TV Show. DUH!

Are you really arguing with yourself? Wow.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are you really arguing with yourself? Wow.

Seriously, I’m so confused...maybe he is arguing with his upside down self?

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It's a dream theme to me. I rather have a Stranger Things pin than most themes I can think of. This is my top 5 list.

2. James Bond
3. Stranger Things

I agree that every pinball made will be a dream theme to someone. Hot Wheels got bashed but that will be a dream theme to a lot of people maybe just not you. Stranger Things to me isn't a dream theme I don't' like the show. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what a dream theme is but if we take a pinside wide poll we might all be shocked at what people vote for.

I'd like to see a Star Wars done by JJP. As for a Music pin would love to see Queen, Michael Jackson, Beastie Boys, love to see Nirvana. I would love to see a good comedy pinball. Hey I'm glad you love Stranger Things good for you. I'm not hating on the show, I just don't like the show so won't be interested in the pinball. I'll wait until a theme I like comes along there is nothing wrong with that.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Someone shares their own opinion they don't watch or follow Stranger Things and people blow up. Its my opinion! OMG! You like what you like I like what I like get over it!

Why are you whining about it? Nobody cares.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so what is stranger things abreviation gonna be?

#665 4 years ago

I like that. Or “STh”

#666 4 years ago

STGRT

Is that too long?

#668 4 years ago

@drfrightner you must really enjoy watching yourself type.

#669 4 years ago

I think the projection stuff sounds pretty cool! I can't wait to see how they pull that off.

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I agree that every pinball made will be a dream theme to someone. Hot Wheels got bashed but that will be a dream theme to a lot of people maybe just not you. Stranger Things to me isn't a dream theme I don't' like the show. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what a dream theme is but if we take a pinside wide poll we might all be shocked at what people vote for.
I'd like to see a Star Wars done by JJP. As for a Music pin would love to see Queen, Michael Jackson, Beastie Boys, love to see Nirvana. I would love to see a good comedy pinball. Hey I'm glad you love Stranger Things good for you. I'm not hating on the show, I just don't like the show so won't be interested in the pinball. I'll wait until a theme I like comes along there is nothing wrong with that.

Agreed. Everyone likes different things. Nothing wrong with that.

#671 4 years ago

Guys......ignore the rich troll.

Seeing all the downvotes and the "ignored user", I literally guessed who it was knowing his MO from when I first called him out.

Some people don't ever change.

#672 4 years ago

Welcome to the party buddy! Haha.

D0D683BB-A719-473C-BED8-05D13422854E.gifD0D683BB-A719-473C-BED8-05D13422854E.gif
#673 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

2. James Bond
3. Stranger Things

1) Back to the Future
2) Stranger Things
3) The Fifth Element
4) Lost Boys
5) Beetlejuice

#674 4 years ago

My top two:

TBL
Stranger Things.

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

1) Back to the Future
2) Stranger Things
3) The Fifth Element
4) Lost Boys
5) Beetlejuice

WoW i agree with all you listed would be awesome

#676 4 years ago

The reason why Stranger Things is a dream theme for a lot of people including myself is because the show has soul to it. It has emotion. It causes people to imagine. Makes us feel good. What person doesn't want to be a kid again and go on adventures and see crazy shit? It has characters that everyone relates to and can see themselves taking on a roll. You can almost say it makes you dream. Love this show and looking forward to a pin that celebrates it.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Because when you're a clown that's what you do!

#678 4 years ago

Not a fan of the Theme as i think the show sucked especially season 2 it was life theft seriously was. But Jurassic park also was not a Theme for me either but that pinball is seriously worth owning and will have that in my collection at some point. So time shall tell.

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

The reason why Stranger Things is a dream theme for a lot of people including myself is because the show has soul to it. It has emotion. It causes people to imagine. Makes us feel good. What person doesn't want to be a kid again and go on adventures and see crazy shit? It has characters that everyone relates to and can see themselves taking on a roll. You can almost say it makes you dream. Love this show and looking forward to a pin that celebrates it.

Ok Boomer.

#680 4 years ago

Pretty small boot for Stern on CES2020. Cannot imagine a reveal will be on CES.

st11-1 (resized).JPGst11-1 (resized).JPGst11-2 (resized).JPGst11-2 (resized).JPG
#681 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so what is stranger things abreviation gonna be?
st =star trek
sttng= star trek next gen
sttgs?

ST11

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Yes, this is entirely true. And I love that cheesy 80s style with the music, kids who are playing outside, setting scores on arcade machines, have a D&D marathon, are creating things.
That Billy / Mrs Wheeler scene where Billy is "searching" for his sister combined with that Donna Summer track which fades out to the Hopper/11/kids scene: fcuking brilliant!

#683 4 years ago

STERNG

#684 4 years ago

Simple.

It should be NST

#685 4 years ago

^^^^This is why i didn’t enjoy the show.
The screenplay, scriptwriting, director etc... tried to capture all of that nostalgia and to me it didn’t work.
In comparison - Lost Boys did a perfect job capturing this. I guess that’s the difference between making a production in the correct time zone with actors from that generation vs a bunch of noobs with little experience being directed by well...........whomever.

Having been dragged up in the 70s, 80s this was my era......they didn’t do it justice IMO.
Questionable acting.....
Who’s the dude with the long black hair that fancies 11, he needs a lesson or two!
Also, in season 1, it started off quite sinister, had depth, from there it gradually went on a slippery slope.......it’s like they literally lost the plot!
I’m sure someone will pop up with the ratings figures on Netflix.
Mainline TV is poor these days so Netflix gets pounded which inevitably puts the ratings up, making it such a wonderful success.
I hope the pin does well for those that love the theme which will make it cooler for them, as long as they don’t screw the artwork up.
I’ll certainly consider it if it’s well put together even though I didn’t gel with the series.

#686 4 years ago
20191118_230658 (resized).jpg20191118_230658 (resized).jpg
#687 4 years ago

Stranger Things is of interest... but nothing like BTTF or Harry Potter for me.

It’s nice to hear that stern is innovating (I think) with the projectors. I’ve made a few toppers with those 3D fan things. It’s a great way to bring in video assets.

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

@drfrightner you must really enjoy watching yourself type.

Don't believe the type!

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Pretty small boot for Stern on CES2020. Cannot imagine a reveal will be on CES.[quoted image][quoted image]

That is smaller than the last years booths, but maybe they down sized on cost or they won’t be streaming the release like munsters...

I’ll be swinging by their booth and checking out whatever game it is.

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s cool!
I did the alphabet wall for my daughter’s room, and it actually spells out messages.
I used the LEDSeq pinball board, but instead of inserts, I assigned each letter of the alphabet as an insert. After that, you can program hundreds of phrases.
I programmed it to spell out about three dozen sentences. It looks pretty neat in the dark.
[quoted image]

“Clean up your room”
“Bring dad a beer from the refrigerator”
“Answer the phone and tell them I’m not home”

#691 4 years ago

Morning Stranger Things crazies!!

29E23E00-5CC9-41E9-A6F3-617F6CD952A5.gif29E23E00-5CC9-41E9-A6F3-617F6CD952A5.gif
#692 4 years ago

People need to relax. Reveal will happen before Christmas. You can all lose your minds after the reveal

#693 4 years ago

So are you guys picturing a playfield like Attack from Mars and Spiderman? Where the Demagorgan is more middle center of the playfield? Or thinking more like Guardians Groot, where he is back center.

I can't wait to see the reveal; there are so many possibilities, hope they nail this...Will be a Day 1 buy for me.

#694 4 years ago

im hoping of a layout similar to star trek. bask demigorgon in middle with a third flipper on right. that would be cool for me. then again I love Star trek.

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^^This is why i didn’t enjoy the show.
The screenplay, scriptwriting, director etc... tried to capture all of that nostalgia and to me it didn’t work.
In comparison - Lost Boys did a perfect job capturing this. I guess that’s the difference between making a production in the correct time zone with actors from that generation vs a bunch of noobs

To impel back to a movie made in the decade its set in is bad for comparison. Duffer bro’s, did a fine job of appropriation of my era. Perhaps, your participation over in Annan of the 80’s was a bit disparate compared to the Midwest of America.

#696 4 years ago

I’m interested to see if we need to order two back up coil stops, or three

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

im hoping of a layout similar to star trek. bask demigorgon in middle with a third flipper on right. that would be cool for me. then again I love Star trek.

They will screw with us, and put the Flipper on the Left!

#698 4 years ago

Coming Soon to an Arcade Near You!! Details on Stranger Things Pinball!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stranger-things-details/

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#699 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Coming Soon to an Arcade Near You!! Details on Stranger Things Pinball!
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stranger-things-details/[quoted image]

"Artwork
Supposed to be colorful."

Huge news!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/14?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.