IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 144.
#7101 4 years ago

So, what happens when you have one ball locked and then hit a ball up the ramp WITHOUT locks qualified?

#7102 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

So, what happens when you have one ball locked and then hit a ball up the ramp WITHOUT locks qualified?

Just goes around the ramp without stopping. If the green lock triangle insert is on, the ball should go to the backboard.

The first trip to MB, one set of lock targets lights all three locks.

#7103 4 years ago

Is the bar supposed to get all the way out of the way, to let that ball pass?

#7104 4 years ago

The arm stays up against the side of the ramp closest to the front of the game at all times to let the ball through unless locks are lit or if a ball didn’t make it to the lock before and the game is trying to get it up there on the second try. Once the balls on the backboard match the number of locks you’ve earned the arm will stop doing anything, until you’ve lit locks again.

#7105 4 years ago

I think maybe my arm isn't functioning normally. I don't think the ball ever passes by the arm without touching it.

#7106 4 years ago

Possibly. You’ll have to test and find out.

Make sure it’s .85 code too.

#7107 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check here. Make sure all the parts of the mech are to spec based on sterns checklist.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488
You May still have issues after you’ve checked all this. If so, stern is helping us with a permanent fix. I think it has to do with the flipper power not being consistent after long periods of play.

This helped quite a bit. It seems to be working most of the time. Thanks.

#7108 4 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

This helped quite a bit. It seems to be working most of the time. Thanks.

I followed this guide and tightened the nut etc. The mech seems to be moving freely but I maybe get 50/50 on the TK ball locks.

Am I missing something else in this guide?

#7109 4 years ago

Make sure all the measurements are per stern. 13/16” from the backboard, 2” from the ramp floor, also make sure the ramp is off the backboard per the checklist.

You want the diverter arm to be dead center in the ramp cutout. Push the ramp towards the player anyway you can. The nut that adjusts this behind the backboard allows this a little bit, but if you can add something to help push the ramp towards the player as much as possible, the more the better. Here’s a pic I was given from pinsider lodgingdolphin for reference.

DDF9D9C8-FA3E-43C1-B549-BF55CBCB495C (resized).jpegDDF9D9C8-FA3E-43C1-B549-BF55CBCB495C (resized).jpeg
#7110 4 years ago

Is anybody having problems with the ramp going up only half way?
Not sure what the deal is.......
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I’ve tried resetting the game and gone into test mode and the ramp works fine.
But during gameplay, ramp only will go up half way and gets stuck.

#7111 4 years ago

New game code, mainly a bugfix:

LE/PRE V0.86.0 - March 2, 2020
=====================

- Added Season 1 and Season 2 mode audits for starting a mode and collecting
a mode award.
- Fixed a bug in Monster Hunting where, upon making the last shot, the game
would wait too long before kicking the ball back into play.
- Fixed a bug in Turn Up The Heat where 1 frame of green appears on the screen
as the mode ends.
- Fixed a display effect bug in Turn up the Heat, Morse Code and Break Out that
could cause the game to crash as the mode ends.
- Fixed text on an Attract mode display effect where the text showed the player
scores from the previous game with the wrong outline. The credits and credit
pricing text also appeared incorrectly on this display effect.
- Fixed a display effect in Breakout where 1 frame of green appears on the
screen as the mode ends.
- Changed the default Demogorgon rule difficulty settings, i.e. Default = EASY.
Now the first Demogorgon Battle is qualified by completing one set of drop
targets (spell RUN!)

#7112 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Is anybody having problems with the ramp going up only half way?
Not sure what the deal is.......
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I’ve tried resetting the game and gone into test mode and the ramp works fine.
But during gameplay, ramp only will go up half way and gets stuck.

Check the connectors for the ramp mech underneath the playfield and be sure that all the wires are firmly connected in them.

#7113 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check the connectors for the ramp mech underneath the playfield and be sure that all the wires are firmly connected in them.

Will do. Thanks.

#7114 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Will do. Thanks.

I had this issue on my pro model right out of the box. When I get home I’ll take a pic of the connector that was giving me THe problem. Keep us updated If u get it fixed

#7115 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

- Changed the default Demogorgon rule difficulty settings, i.e. Default = EASY.
Now the first Demogorgon Battle is qualified by completing one set of drop targets (spell RUN!)

I was hoping for exactly this change. Not so much for me, but casual players on location. Many won't survive two sets of drop plus a center shot to even see the first demogorgon. And three more sets for the multiball? Forget it.

#7116 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I was hoping for exactly this change. Not so much for me, but casual players on location. Many won't survive two sets of drop plus a center shot to even see the first demogorgon. And three more sets for the multiball? Forget it.

Yeah this is a good point but I bet casuals can clear a drop or twice shoot through the back and get credit for the whole bank. For me this change makes it way too easy. Been getting to the final demo mode like every other game now.

#7117 4 years ago

Brought my Premium home yesterday and played for hours. I just wanted to make a positive post about this game because I have done a total 180 on this one. When I saw the playfield images and early gameplay, I was underwhelmed. Then came the LE's with the horrible pictures at CES. I thought man, how could they let this happen? I listened to Eddy and Mike talk about the game on podcasts and how excited they were, but felt they were trying to save a sinking ship. Then I got sucked into the negative threads and podcasts regarding the game. Then I had the opportunity to play someone's LE at their house in a normal lit room. Wow! The projector was awesome. Great images and unique coding. Killed the Demogorgon in one shot. Locked 3 balls to start multiball on the wall...just wow! Was so excited I texted Zach at flip n out pinball and got a show deal at LAX. Then got the notice that Stern was going to install the UV kit right before the show started. Still had to pay for it, but got a free and professional install. Played it at the show and the UV kit rocked in all light settings. Brought it home yesterday and both kids (14 and 15) hit the Demogorgon in the mouth. Super fast game (I cleaned and waxed it when got home) with amazing flow. At home with the subwoofer I am now really getting into the sound of the game. I am totally happy with my purchase. I can't believe how much I played it yesterday. Just kept hitting start. Listened to Brian Eddy's seminar at LAX and I truly believe him when he says there is much more to come in coding, assets, callouts, and rule tweaks. The projector is legit. And Brian said that they made ramp fixes after the first 100 games showed issues. All premiums at LAX played without issue. I was able to lock balls and kill Demogorgon on all of them. I expect a ton of positive hype to start pouring out on this game once people play it for themselves, instead of relying on pictures, negative posters and podcasters like I did. Give it a chance! This is how you do a world under glass with the ball lock, Demogorgon, projector, and UV lighting. All I can say is, wow!

#7118 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Played it at the show and the UV kit rocked in all light settings.

I played that one at LAX too, got the demogorgon in the mouth once and the UV mode is pretty damn cool! The projector was indeed pretty cool as well. Congrats on your purchase!

#7119 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Give it a chance!

This game got off on the wrong foot for sure. I have ironed out all kinks on my game (there were quite a few) and I'd challenge any hater who played a dud on location or otherwise to say this is a shit game one more time. I bought sight unseen at launch and underwhelmed is an understatement.

#7120 4 years ago

I think the UV kit looks great in person. There are a lot of videos out there that I think don't capture it well. I think this short clip gives the feel of what it looks like during play:

https://www.twitch.tv/chromecandypinball/clip/HeartlessShyKiwiCopyThis

#7121 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Brought my Premium home yesterday and played for hours. I just wanted to make a positive post about this game because I have done a total 180 on this one. When I saw the playfield images and early gameplay, I was underwhelmed. Then came the LE's with the horrible pictures at CES. I thought man, how could they let this happen? I listened to Eddy and Mike talk about the game on podcasts and how excited they were, but felt they were trying to save a sinking ship. Then I got sucked into the negative threads and podcasts regarding the game. Then I had the opportunity to play someone's LE at their house in a normal lit room. Wow! The projector was awesome. Great images and unique coding. Killed the Demogorgon in one shot. Locked 3 balls to start multiball on the wall...just wow! Was so excited I texted Zach at flip n out pinball and got a show deal at LAX. Then got the notice that Stern was going to install the UV kit right before the show started. Still had to pay for it, but got a free and professional install. Played it at the show and the UV kit rocked in all light settings. Brought it home yesterday and both kids (14 and 15) hit the Demogorgon in the mouth. Super fast game (I cleaned and waxed it when got home) with amazing flow. At home with the subwoofer I am now really getting into the sound of the game. I am totally happy with my purchase. I can't believe how much I played it yesterday. Just kept hitting start. Listened to Brian Eddy's seminar at LAX and I truly believe him when he says there is much more to come in coding, assets, callouts, and rule tweaks. The projector is legit. And Brian said that they made ramp fixes after the first 100 games showed issues. All premiums at LAX played without issue. I was able to lock balls and kill Demogorgon on all of them. I expect a ton of positive hype to start pouring out on this game once people play it for themselves, instead of relying on pictures, negative posters and podcasters like I did. Give it a chance! This is how you do a world under glass with the ball lock, Demogorgon, projector, and UV lighting. All I can say is, wow!

This guy gets it. How refreshing it is to hear somebody on Pinside who's man enough to admit when he misjudged a game. My hat is off to you, sir...

...although I don't really wear hats because it makes me look like even more of a dick.

#7122 4 years ago

Love the game. Premium or LE is a must. Pro misses the projector too much.

#7123 4 years ago
Quoted from SodakCox:

Love the game. Premium or LE is a must. Pro misses the projector too much.

srsly that demorgorgon not rocking and therefore seemingly „dead“ is what kills the Pro for me personally.

Have it moving and put that UV kit in (for upside down) and that‘d be awesome. (For me)

#7124 4 years ago

The UV kit looks absolutely incredible in person. One of the coolest effects I've ever seen on a machine, hands down. It kind of blinds you and makes you look at the game differently, a lot easier to drain, but oh so appropriate. Why they didn't include this on the original machine I would love to know, must just be they didn't get it done in time. Cuz it is a wow-inducing moment for sure. Brings a huge smile to my face. So god damn cool.

Still pretty underwhelmed by the projector honestly, and telekenesis lock is pretty unimpressive even when it does work imo. But the UV stuff is really something else.

And I'm still seriously addicted to this game it's all I wanna play for months now and I have easy access to every modern game.

#7125 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

The UV kit looks absolutely incredible in person. One of the coolest effects I've ever seen on a machine, hands down. It kind of blinds you and makes you look at the game differently, a lot easier to drain, but oh so appropriate. Why they didn't include this on the original machine I would love to know, must just be they didn't get it done in time. Cuz it is a wow-inducing moment for sure. Brings a huge smile to my face. So god damn cool.
Still pretty underwhelmed by the projector honestly, and telekenesis lock is pretty unimpressive even when it does work imo. But the UV stuff is really something else.
And I'm still seriously addicted to this game it's all I wanna play for months now and I have easy access to every modern game.

Agreed. UV Light show is over the top amazing.

#7126 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I'm hoping it is something along the same lines of it wasn't ready, but I don't think that is the case.
It could be a slippery slope if this is what is going to happen going forward. Major parts of the game being turned into sold separately "mods" to make more money when they should be fitted standard isn't good for us, the owners/players.

2 weeks later
#7127 4 years ago

Stern Stranger Things Pinball UV Lighting Kit Installation and How To Adjust Projector

#7128 4 years ago

LE owner (#196) v0.86 (UV kit installed by supplier at no cost). pitch 6.5 degrees.

Machine is crazy bouncy seems to be settling down slowly. Out of the box the game mostly played itself bouncing around like a mad freak and then draining. Sometimes I'd not even get to hit the ball once. I've moved the top out-lane posts down and slightly tweaked the sling switches as they were like feather triggers and would sometimes even fire on their own without the ball even near them.. (grr).

Demogorgon is fine to hit, my wife and 5 year old son have done it successfully. At first I thought maybe it was beginners luck, but consistently hittable with a straight shot from the right flipper. Telekinesis Multiball seems to be OK, you need a powerful clean shot to get it up to the magnet. I've had it miss a few times. Dimples, dimples and more dimples with airballs to the glass being regular.

The right orbit shot for me is the worst as the ball bounces side to side and loses speed and rolls back.. The inner left lane shot takes its sweet time. I dunno what is going on up there.

Question for other owners the inner left lane goes to an up-post to the left orbit, from here it rolls back down to left flipper but mine hits the sling? Really $#$%& annoying

#7129 4 years ago

Just got email that art blades shipped finally. Ordered feb 11.

#7130 4 years ago
Quoted from chriskuta:

Question for other owners the inner left lane goes to an up-post to the left orbit, from here it rolls back down to left flipper but mine hits the sling? Really $#$%& annoying

Watch this.

#7131 4 years ago

That's gold!! Thanks.

#7133 4 years ago

Just noticed 0.87 is out and never having updated a Spike before the USB port would have to be in the back box, now I gotta move machines outta the way to get access to it..

Thinking about using a USB extension lead from the board to the front of the machine for easy of updating next time? Any risk or problems with this?

#7134 4 years ago
Quoted from chriskuta:

Just noticed 0.87 is out and never having updated a Spike before the USB port would have to be in the back box, now I gotta move machines outta the way to get access to it..
Thinking about using a USB extension lead from the board to the front of the machine for easy of updating next time? Any risk or problems with this?

Nope, I've seen people run a cord to the front of the game. Should be fine.

#7135 4 years ago

Does anybody have 0.86 code for Stranger Things? If somebody do, can somebody make it available to download on site where you can download files like MEGA or send space? On 0.87 code in Pinball Browser all sounds are empty, but I think they're fine with 0.86

#7136 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Does anybody have 0.86 code for Stranger Things? If somebody do, can somebody make it available to download on site where you can download files like MEGA or send space? On 0.87 code in Pinball Browser all sounds are empty, but I think they're fine with 0.86

Still on Stern's server (this is the Prem/LE):
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/stranger_things_le-0_86_0.spk.zip

#7137 4 years ago

Thank you a lot dude!

5 months later
#7138 3 years ago

Hey dudes. Just got one. Anybody have a fix for the demogorgon shot missing high consistently? P.O. says they got the stern ramp fix but couldn't ever get it dialed in. Shim under the demogorgon maybe, or is there an adjustment? The ramp seems to be slightly concave if that's something that can be tweaked.

What should the left saucer be dialed in to hit? Originally it would hit the right target or go up the burn back but I moved the deflector and now it seems to hit the right and mid right target every time with no variation (at least in test menu).

The right orbit always hits the top of the sling on the way back down. Doesnt look like theres an adjustment unless I'm missing something.

#7139 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Hey dudes. Just got one. Anybody have a fix for the demogorgon shot missing high consistently? P.O. says they got the stern ramp fix but couldn't ever get it dialed in. Shim under the demogorgon maybe, or is there an adjustment? The ramp seems to be slightly concave if that's something that can be tweaked.
What should the left saucer be dialed in to hit? Originally it would hit the right target or go up the burn back but I moved the deflector and now it seems to hit the right and mid right target every time with no variation (at least in test menu).
The right orbit always hits the top of the sling on the way back down. Doesnt look like theres an adjustment unless I'm missing something.

Yes to basically all your questions. Answers can be found in the owners club:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/111#post-5873831

2 months later
#7140 3 years ago

Well got my first pin set up for Christmas Day and the entire family loves it. 733 ball plays the the first day. 9am-11pm only break was dinner. Greatest game ever.

Hit the demogorgan hundreds of times and got it in the mouth once. Slow-no shows a low shot and I know DG_Amuse had a fix to raise the ramp with spacers. He said you need to adjust the ramp afterwards to lower the ramp by ¼ inch after you raise it so it sits flush. I want to dive in but I don’t know how to lower the ramp by ¼” after you raise it. I’m a total noob but I’m not afraid to try. My TK never works either. Ball was squishing and coming back down. I followed the pdf and now the ball doesn’t get stuck but it sticks to the wall 1 in 80 shots. It’s almost like my flippers aren’t strong enough.

Thoughts?

I have vids of it but not sure if I can upload it. Again... greatest game ever!!!

#7141 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Well got my first pin set up for Christmas Day and the entire family loves it. 733 ball plays the the first day. 9am-11pm only break was dinner. Greatest game ever.

I’m a total noob but I’m not afraid to try. My TK never works either. Ball was squishing and coming back down. I followed the pdf and now the ball doesn’t get stuck but it sticks to the wall 1 in 80 shots. It’s almost like my flippers aren’t strong enough.

If you played it straight for 14 hours, your flippers were likely faded after the 60-90 minutes, which reduces their power. After fixing it using the PDF as a guide, can you make the lock shot on a cold machine after letting it rest overnight?

#7142 3 years ago

Having issues with the ball lock. Anyone have tips as I’m assuming it is a pain to adjust.

#7143 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Having issues with the ball lock. Anyone have tips as I’m assuming it is a pain to adjust.

Come on over here. Lots of help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/142#post-6044843

Start with this post though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

Then read the last couple pages of the club thread as there are a couple people actively working on dialing theirs in now.

#7144 3 years ago

Well I got mine to about 85 % and maybe that’s as good as it gets as hard shots skip the magnet. Soft shots do not make it. Just right shots go about 90 %. I did bump the ramp out and put a spacer on the post. Leveled to within 0.1 degree.

#7145 3 years ago

Should be 100% when dialed. This is how mine behaves so you can compare.

#7146 3 years ago

Great game

4 months later
3 weeks later
#7148 2 years ago

Hey People

Got my NST Pro on the weekend.
Great Game but some things are frustrating
First, did maybe about 50 Games and only one Shot hit the Mouth - maybe i can justage it...

But what is much more "bad" many Balls that come back from the "Burn it Back" Lane are going straight to the middle.
Is that normal?

#7149 2 years ago
Quoted from Neonblack:

Hey People
Got my NST Pro on the weekend.
Great Game but some things are frustrating
First, did maybe about 50 Games and only one Shot hit the Mouth - maybe i can justage it...
But what is much more "bad" many Balls that come back from the "Burn it Back" Lane are going straight to the middle.
Is that normal?

The answers you seek are in this thread. The search functions are your friend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/219#post-6334633

#7150 2 years ago

Didn’t know this thread was here. Some good stuff in it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/143?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.