IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 144.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I don't watch the show. I watched the first season and said wow the special fx are so bad, the plot makes no sense, but I gave it one more season. Season 2 was the worst it was impossible to even follow it. Someone said watch season 3 its the best, but I couldn't even watch season 2.

WoW

I like show and love the music because the band Survive is awesome. Plus i grew up in 80s so i love all that stuff in the show. 1st and 3rd seasons are best so far. But yeah some like some don't

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's game's old, man.

I see you have not been following the thread. One of our fellow Pinsider's posted in this thread last night that he is awaiting his MMr from Stern since May. This is the very special, Stern-built MMr, not the one from Chicago Gaming. We need an update!

#SternScrewingOverSpookyAgain #WhatAboutTheChildren?

#603 4 years ago

ive been around here long enough to know that people are way too negative. Just wait to see it first then starting shitting on it. That’s all I ask.

#604 4 years ago

The special “ fx” are old school because its supposed to be the 80s, man.

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

ive been around here long enough to know that people are way too negative. Just wait to see it first then starting shitting on it. That’s all I ask.

Just shitting on the hype - I'm sure the game will be equivalent to other recent Sterns.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just shitting on the hype

Why? Isn’t more fun to be excited about a game?

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why? Isn’t more fun to be excited about a game?

Well as Kramer would say there are levels.

You know a lot of people here start having their fantasies aboot what a game will have early, and then get all butt hurt when the game doesn't live up to their weirdo ideas.

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well as Kramer would say there are levels.
You know a lot of people here start having their fantasies aboot what a game will have early, and then get all butt hurt when the game doesn't live up to their weirdo ideas.

I’m 100% positive this won’t live up to my expectations. Doesn’t make me any less excited and won’t make me want to play it any less. Pinball is ALWAYS fun. Don’t like a game? Move on. Like a game? Enjoy it.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I don't watch the show. I watched the first season and said wow the special fx are so bad, the plot makes no sense, but I gave it one more season. Season 2 was the worst it was impossible to even follow it. Someone said watch season 3 its the best, but I couldn't even watch season 2.

People who dislike stranger things this much - I just can't even comprehend. It's like not human. If you didn't like stranger things season 1, nothing will change your mind.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

* "Telekinesis" ball lock up left ramp (multiple balls can "stick" to the backboard via magnet, like 11 pinning the demogorgan to the wall)

like Kiss LE/Prem, I guess?

#611 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

like Kiss LE/Prem, I guess?

I assumed so. I’ve still never seen the KISS premium in action to see this feature.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

you.... cant follow..... stranger things?

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I assumed so. I’ve still never seen the KISS premium in action to see this feature.

same! In all my pinball travels I've still never encountered a Kiss Premium or LE to try that feature out on.
Still, with the combination of sound effects and accompanying video, it could make for a very strong effect.

#614 4 years ago

I'm 42, watched 3 episodes of Stranger Things season 1 and said "eh, not for me." Doesn't matter, hyped for some new Brian Eddy goodness. Bring it on!

#615 4 years ago

Still puzzled no one took screenshots of the alleged "webinar" that occurred for disties today.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

you.... cant follow..... stranger things?

Someone can’t follow ST? Don’t watch GOT them. Haha

#617 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I'm 42, watched 3 episodes of Stranger Things season 1 and said "eh, not for me." Doesn't matter, hyped for some new Brian Eddy goodness. Bring it on!

thats the damn spirit!

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Someone can’t follow ST? Don’t watch GOT them. Haha

lol, to this day they would question "WHY DID JAIME PUSH BRAN OUT THE WINDOW?", and downhill from there.

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

cool-story-bro-4 (resized).jpgcool-story-bro-4 (resized).jpg
#620 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Did you miss the 80s somehow?

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m .......Pinball is ALWAYS fun. Don’t like a game? Move on. Like a game? Enjoy it.

Sure sure Chuck but you're what we call "a well balanced person," a rarer breed around here than you'd think.

#622 4 years ago

so what is stranger things abreviation gonna be?
st =star trek
sttng= star trek next gen

sttgs?

#623 4 years ago

if this game is anything like MM im super pumped. The projection stuff sounds pretty awesome. I want a premium, just dunno if I can wait!

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

st =star trek
sttgs?

I called Eggo a while back. Im sticking to it

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I called Eggo a while back. Im sticking to it

9253120E-5D2B-4A6D-B0DD-C8D5A63BB238 (resized).jpeg9253120E-5D2B-4A6D-B0DD-C8D5A63BB238 (resized).jpeg
#626 4 years ago

if you dont collect eggos in this game im really annoyed!

#627 4 years ago

I hear that wont happen because Stern couldnt secure the EGGO license.

#628 4 years ago

Secret combos award eggos like JP DNA?

#629 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see this bad boy;
Brian Eddy is back

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Lol

#631 4 years ago

Why couldnt Lyman team up with Brian. Stern could have had the next AFM ,MM.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

st =star trek
sttgs?

I like STTH

#634 4 years ago

Honestly I really want this to be good. Attack From Mars is my favorite pin.

But if it is good, it'll be in spite of Stern, not because of them.

Spooky/JJP ask what features they can add. Stern ask what features can we take away.

It's really getting old.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Such a waste to have Lyman on Elvira but maybe they figured it was the only way to get 15K for the super LE.

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Because Stern reads this site and sees how many people say “I’ll only buy a game if Lyman is on code” and as a result only put him on Kapow $8k games like BM66 and EHoH.

I’d be willing to bet he never codes a Pro again...

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Honestly I really want this to be good. Attack From Mars is my favorite pin.
But if it is good, it'll be in spite of Stern, not because of them.
Spooky/JJP ask what features they can add. Stern ask what features can we take away.
It's really getting old.

People love to bash stern so much. I think their recent pins have mostly been great. JP, deadpool, batman, etc. i tend to prefer recent sterns over JJP games. Just my preference i know.

#638 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Im 42 years old as well. And I couldn't get into the show either.
Apparently this pin will be a game changer if done right.
I have spoken.....

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Im 42 years old as well. And I couldn't get into the show either.
Apparently this pin will be a game changer if done right.
I have spoken.....

LOL. rooting for a mandalorian pin much?

#640 4 years ago

My son thinks we are going to get this pin .... Bless His Heart

#641 4 years ago

Someone shares their own opinion they don't watch or follow Stranger Things and people blow up. Its my opinion! OMG! You like what you like I like what I like get over it!

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Because Stern is saving that combo for "Jaws"

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Because Stern is saving that combo for "Jaws"

I just ripped my pants thinking about that one. Jaws by Eddy and Lyman would rule!

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Someone shares their own opinion they don't watch or follow Stranger Things and people blow up. Its my opinion! OMG! You like what you like I like what I like get over it!

nah - it's like someone tells you they hate chocolate or they can't stand burgers and french fries.

It's something so off the wall that inherently, it's going to draw a lot of attention. It's mind boggling how someone could hate the show that much. but hey - you share your opinion, don't be surprised when others share theirs in reaction.

cmon doc!

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

LOL. rooting for a mandalorian pin much?

The 7th Episode was friggin' amazing.

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I disagree:
- Spooky releases a game with zero toys in it other than a ship on a spring, only LEs, and at best ‘OK’ art... Stern gets better and better mechs (Trex eating a ball), releases three tiered models to appeal to Ops and home collectors, and gets great artists to do their games.
- JJP on their last game designs few interactive toys on Wonka, while Stern has been upping their game

#647 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

People love to bash stern so much. I think their recent pins have mostly been great. JP, deadpool, batman, etc. i tend to prefer recent sterns over JJP games. Just my preference i know.

Agree with everything you just said but you forgot the best one.....

Up The Irons!!

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

It's always hilarious when people hate on something popular, then clutch their pearls when they get the invited, inevitable, and obvious pushback.

I refuse to believe you don't know what you're doing. It's impossible.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Agree with everything you just said but you forgot the best one.....
Up The Irons!!

Ive heard its great but havent been able to play it yet. I also love Star Wars(i know not everyone does), Ghostbusters, GoG, star trek..... So I dont really get the hate. I know many dont like them charging more for game features in premium, but they bring the cost of ownership down for the masses with the Pro. So Im on board. Plus sometimes you arent really missing much with the Pro. I really want to get a black knight Pro sometime soon.....After stranger things

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ive heard its great but havent been able to play it yet. I also love Star Wars(i know not everyone does), Ghostbusters, GoG, star trek..... So I dont really get the hate. I know many dont like them charging more for game features in premium, but they bring the cost of ownership down for the masses with the Pro. So Im on board. Plus sometimes you arent really missing much with the Pro. I really want to get a black knight Pro sometime soon.....After stranger things

edit: forgot walking dead which is awesome....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/13?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.