IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 144.
#6901 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern has a booth set up at the San Antonio rodeo. Who knew? Nice trough [quoted image]

Couldn’t resist.

rd

11B3C550-9D42-445F-9D0D-C17F7D36A018 (resized).jpeg11B3C550-9D42-445F-9D0D-C17F7D36A018 (resized).jpeg
#6902 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Couldn’t resist.
rd[quoted image]

I didn’t think that pic could get any funnier after Ice posted it! Sorry to doubt you like that RD! Do you realize that release to release, this may be the most reposted pic in the history of Pinside? I’ve downloaded multiple copies to ensure I never run out!

Icey, you’re a legend! Neck deep in the “tro”. Nice tail!

#6903 4 years ago

fun Stranger Things stream (live now):

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#6904 4 years ago

Finally got a chance to play Stranger Things today.

#6905 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Thanks, I was wondering.

#6906 4 years ago

Played a Pro today and enjoyed it. Code is sort of sparse but will no doubt improve with time. I found the Demi shot to actually be quite satisfying. Artwork is pretty bad, especially the bloody nose stuff. Usual Stern clunkiness on some of the shots and overall feel. Still, this is an enjoyable game with a nice, familiar layout. Feels like a great location pin to have fun on. I imagine it will do well for operators.

#6907 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Aaaaand?

#6908 4 years ago

I think Yancy is adhering to the old adage, “if you don’t have anything nice to say...”

#6909 4 years ago

The UV lights are safe in this pin. I played 5 games in a row and I can say that the UV exposure is a non issue!
1EA902A5-8A6D-40F1-B0AB-0978C70024E7 (resized).jpeg1EA902A5-8A6D-40F1-B0AB-0978C70024E7 (resized).jpeg

#6910 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The UV lights are safe in this pin. I played 5 games in a row and I can say that the UV exposure is a none issue![quoted image]

less worried about skin issues, but black light and your eyesight is something to be careful about.

#6911 4 years ago

I’m happy to hear some people are less worried about skin issues after playing Stranger Things. Man I was worried a black light was going to cause skin cancer. OMG do people really think a black light is unsafe what is the WORLD coming to ... there is NOTHING unsafe about a black light.

We had a ton of people come to our escape room tonight just to play Stranger Things LE... everyone loved it.

But now that this black light issue has come up I just might call EPA or something to check out the game. LOL

#6912 4 years ago

You caught me. OMG you caught me. Yeah your right I didn’t deactivate my account last October you know everything. Ask the actually owner of the site if I’m lying... why would I lie about that know it all? Secondly I NEVER TURN OFF MY COMPUTER EVER... at any given point I might have 30 windows open, just because I don’t LOG OUT does that mean I’m on the site looking at posts from you and Iceman? I’m going to group you into the category of deranged. When I tell you I wasn’t on the site for 10 days I meant it... when I tell you I deactivated my account last fall I meant it because it’s TRUE smart ass!

Last summer I was out coaching a high level baseball team I was gone for 30 to 45 days in hotels I WASN”T ON PINSIDE!!!! TONIGHT I WAS at my attraction we did over 1,500 people tonight... I was managing lines, scanning tickets, and dealing with problems I WAS NOT ON PINSIDE! Unlike ICEMAN who probably can’t understand why someone wouldn’t be on PINSIDE 24 hours of every single day ... I actually am NOT even if my computer doesn’t log me out KNOW IT ALL!

#6913 4 years ago

I’m sure you guys got far more doses of black light in your roller disco youth days

Probably more chance of the machine falling and crushing you to death then uv cancer lol

#6914 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Being Sterned has become like being Choggerd. Damn, a new low.

Lmao. This will be a used term. Mainly cuz Manufacturers will give reason to use said term.

Stern BOM handling has taken the dark side. Omit. Add a kit. Omit more. Add another kit.

#6915 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes and yes. I was surprised they were getting them out that quickly as well. I got the premium/LE package, so I can't speak to the speed of the pro kits shipping.

Did you go direct from stern? I bought from Trent and he had no clue when they’d ship. Haha

#6916 4 years ago

For those of you parroting safety concerns about the UV lights and regulation and maybe why stern did what they did..please for the love of god stop.

Just because something is “UV” doesn’t make it harmful. Radiation waves are measured in wavelength. UV are the wavelengths just below visible light (400nm cutoff). The UV band is broken into three A,B,C with C being the shortest... and hence most harmful. Exposure is all about the wavelength and amount of energy you’re exposed to.. and it drops off exponentially with distance. A and B are the bands you get exposed to by the sun. What matters is the wavelength, power, distance, and duration of exposure.

Cheap UV LEDs are usually 405nm or 395nm... and they have a small slop band around what they emit. Visible violet light is down to 400nm... this is why we see these lights as bright purple lights. The lights produce a band around the specific wavelength they try to produce... so some higher, some lower. The slop ends up producing light above 400nm and that is what we see as purple light. In fact, the more purple we see the light as... that is less UV light actually being put out. At this 395nm band... they are just barely UV. Your UV flashlights etc are typically 395nm LEDs. All of this is UV-A band radiation. Its not the more harmful B or C type.

Yes, UV-A radiation can be harmful to your skin... but it is all about the exposure. Which is about power and distance. Tanning lamps work (and become harmful) because they use a few thousand watts of lamps at very short distances to give a high dose of UV-A in a short amount of time. LED strips are like 14w (power... not even what they can fully emit) for the whole strip. So we are talking orders of magnitude differences.

Remember the thing about distance as well? Thats why your UV light effectiveness drops off with distance. And we are not right on top of these things. Oh yeah, and time too. We are not baking ourselves in this.

The net of this is the radiation type seen here is the same type you get in normal outdoor exposure, but is in such small amounts it’s a not even a concern and why it’s not regulated.

We all have probably spent more time under a black light in college or as kids in arcades than we ever would get here. No one hides from a Tron cabinet... Nd those actually use deeper uv light!

#6917 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes and yes. I was surprised they were getting them out that quickly as well. I got the premium/LE package, so I can't speak to the speed of the pro kits shipping.

Ok, good to know. I was going to wait, but if they are shipping this quickly, I might have to dive in

#6918 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you go direct from stern? I bought from Trent and he had no clue when they’d ship. Haha

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Ok, good to know. I was going to wait, but if they are shipping this quickly, I might have to dive in

Yes...I got it direct from Stern. Arriving Tuesday. Oh...I also ordered a shirt so they probably just ship stuff first to people who give them more money.

#6919 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For those of you parroting safety concerns about the UV lights and regulation and maybe why stern did what they did..please for the love of god stop.
Just because something is “UV” doesn’t make it harmful. Radiation waves are measured in wavelength. UV are the wavelengths just below visible light (400nm cutoff). The UV band is broken into three A,B,C with C being the shortest... and hence most harmful. Exposure is all about the wavelength and amount of energy you’re exposed to.. and it drops off exponentially with distance. A and B are the bands you get exposed to by the sun. What matters is the wavelength, power, distance, and duration of exposure.
Cheap UV LEDs are usually 405nm or 395nm... and they have a small slop band around what they emit. Visible violet light is down to 400nm... this is why we see these lights as bright purple lights. The lights produce a band around the specific wavelength they try to produce... so some higher, some lower. The slop ends up producing light above 400nm and that is what we see as purple light. In fact, the more purple we see the light as... that is less UV light actually being put out. At this 395nm band... they are just barely UV. Your UV flashlights etc are typically 395nm LEDs. All of this is UV-A band radiation. Its not the more harmful B or C type.
Yes, UV-A radiation can be harmful to your skin... but it is all about the exposure. Which is about power and distance. Tanning lamps work (and become harmful) because they use a few thousand watts of lamps at very short distances to give a high dose of UV-A in a short amount of time. LED strips are like 14w (power... not even what they can fully emit) for the whole strip. So we are talking orders of magnitude differences.
Remember the thing about distance as well? Thats why your UV light effectiveness drops off with distance. And we are not right on top of these things. Oh yeah, and time too. We are not baking ourselves in this.
The net of this is the radiation type seen here is the same type you get in normal outdoor exposure, but is in such small amounts it’s a not even a concern and why it’s not regulated.
We all have probably spent more time under a black light in college or as kids in arcades than we ever would get here. No one hides from a Tron cabinet... Nd those actually use deeper uv light!

Sometimes people post things so stupid its obviously an attempt to enrage people into long winded stupid responses. The appropriate response is to post a Tom Hardy meme.

P.S. If you not hip and going more for the Dad joke Admiral Akbar also works.

#6920 4 years ago

Got a chance to play Stranger Things with the UV kit installed and took this Selfie after.

The UV kit is no joke.. play at your own risk.. did some damage for sure

CwA2wD_XYAAR65T (resized).jpgCwA2wD_XYAAR65T (resized).jpg
#6921 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You caught me. OMG you caught me. Yeah your right I didn’t deactivate my account last October you know everything. Ask the actually owner of the site if I’m lying... why would I lie about that know it all? Secondly I NEVER TURN OFF MY COMPUTER EVER... at any given point I might have 30 windows open, just because I don’t LOG OUT does that mean I’m on the site looking at posts from you and Iceman? I’m going to group you into the category of deranged. When I tell you I wasn’t on the site for 10 days I meant it... when I tell you I deactivated my account last fall I meant it because it’s TRUE smart ass!
Last summer I was out coaching a high level baseball team I was gone for 30 to 45 days in hotels I WASN”T ON PINSIDE!!!! TONIGHT I WAS at my attraction we did over 1,500 people tonight... I was managing lines, scanning tickets, and dealing with problems I WAS NOT ON PINSIDE! Unlike ICEMAN who probably can’t understand why someone wouldn’t be on PINSIDE 24 hours of every single day ... I actually am NOT even if my computer doesn’t log me out KNOW IT ALL!

“High level baseball”...

#6922 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

#nobodycares

#6923 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:I love how it’s so black and white, succeed or fail, my side/your side with some people.

did you know that the third week of february used to be designated "national brotherhood week"?

historically, that is going to be next week!

http://www.chicagonow.com/not-for-jews-only/2013/02/national-brotherhood-week-123/

there also was a time when people understood satire and were allowed to laugh at themselves. try and tell the young people of today that... and they wont believe you.

#6924 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thanks for the info

#6925 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Couldn’t resist.
rd[quoted image]

Lol! That’s hilarious. Your fellow New Zealander was great last night. Unreal guitarist

Ok officially back ON shift. 15 hour break. Time to clock in

#6926 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol! That’s hilarious. Your fellow New Zealander was great last night. Unreal guitarist
Ok officially back ON shift. 15 hour break. Time to clock in

I’m still laughing at that photo. Classic!

#6927 4 years ago

I’m still laughing at that photo. Classic!

Yeah I’m lmao too! I teed that one up for RD didn’t I.

#6928 4 years ago

Sure is quiet in here!

I wish they’d do an RM stream every weekend.

#6929 4 years ago

Game broke in the finals of our launch tournament with the latest code. If someone brings down the ramp it won't ever go back up unless you power cycle. (Pro model)

#6930 4 years ago

seems the latest code is launching the multiball before the ramp is all the way down for the second demogorgon mode. I've had a ball get stuck twice now since the latest code. Never had it with the previous code. I don't know why it's not waiting for the ramp to be all the way down to launch from the shooter lane. I believe that's what the last code did. If you have the keys you can free it by going into diagnostics and manually raise the ramp but that ends the mode and ball for the person up. I've also been having a number of machine reboots where it does it itself randomly. More often on two and three player games than single player. Just says restarting game. Latest software fixes a number of issues but seems to have stability issues at least on the pro

#6931 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

seems the latest code is launching the multiball before the ramp is all the way down for the second demogorgon mode.

Yeah this new code is pretty buggy.

#6932 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah this new code is pretty buggy.

No joke. I've had my game restart in the "turn up the heat" mode 3x this weekend which ends the game for all players.

#6933 4 years ago

So to the owners out there what’s the best modes and what scenes are they based around from the show? Keep hearing this burn mode mentioned.

#6934 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

No joke. I've had my game restart in the "turn up the heat" mode 3x this weekend which ends the game for all players.

Unfortunately that was there before.

#6935 4 years ago

My LE keeps crashing on new code . Anyone else having issues or has it already been addressed ?
usually crashes when ball goes in left lock under ramp . ( extra ball hole )

#6936 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So to the owners out there what’s the best modes and what scenes are they based around from the show? Keep hearing this burn mode mentioned.

Burn mode is awesome
Mama says
Monster hunting
Get me out

Those are my favs

#6937 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

My LE keeps crashing on new code . Anyone else having issues or has it already been addressed ?

I’ve only seen it happen during turn up the heat mode.

#6938 4 years ago

How can the test game at the factory not crash on the new code, but everyone else’s does? I’ve never understood this. Don’t they test this stuff?

#6939 4 years ago

How can the test game at the factory not crash on the new code, but everyone else’s does? I’ve never understood this. Don’t they test this stuff?

I think you answered your own question.

#6940 4 years ago

Well Stern does monitor these threads on new releases so hopefully these complaints (and bug reports sent) will lead to a quick "hotfix" for you guys even if they don't currently have much more code to offer as an update.

#6941 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve only seen it happen during turn up the heat mode.

My pro was resetting during mamma says and Morse code today.

#6942 4 years ago

“High level baseball

This has nothing to do with stranger things pinball, but I coached a summer team we travel the country playing the best teams. Our team ended up with 11 D1 commits and 14 overall commits to play college baseball. Four of our guys will get drafted in the next MLB draft maybe 2 will sign. One guy on our team is throwing 95 mph right now. That is what I meant by high level baseball. We had a national ranked team. At 14U we finished as the #1 team in the country. So the point I was making I wasn't on pinside nearly all of last summer but a little here and there I was gone almost the entire summer.

I wasn't on pinside last fall either. I don't know where these people get their facts. Either way back to pinball. Hey I like my Stranger Things if I haven't said it already now that it actually works!

Premium/LE is the way to go without a doubt!

#6943 4 years ago

Dang. Lots of resetting. Haha. Weird cause we didn’t see any of this at the launch party. Played the game a ton. And I’ve still only seen it in turn up the heat.

#6944 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dang. Lots of resetting. Haha. Weird cause we didn’t see any of this at the launch party. Played the game a ton. And I’ve still only seen it in turn up the heat.

Is this with the latest released code?

#6945 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Is this with the latest released code?

Yes.

#6946 4 years ago

Would you recommend me not updating to latest? Kind of sounds like this 1 is more buggy no?

#6947 4 years ago

We played a ton today on new code and knock on wood it never reset.

#6948 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Would you recommend me not updating to latest? Kind of sounds like this 1 is more buggy no?

I haven’t seen resets as much as others. But I always update the code when available.

#6949 4 years ago

I have had very few problems, really. I did have it crash one time, and some things are a bit slow to respond, but it’s been pretty good so far. My biggest problem is the damned TK multiball ramp issue. I’ll get it dialed in, I’m sure.

#6950 4 years ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

I have had very few problems, really. I did have it crash one time, and some things are a bit slow to respond, but it’s been pretty good so far. My biggest problem is the damned TK multiball ramp issue. I’ll get it dialed in, I’m sure.

Did you see the pdf we posted in the club thread? It’s great at showing you exactly how it should be setup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/139?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.