IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 144.
#6851 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Here is what I think.
Every game has stuff pulled out in order to make BOM. Everybody knows this. Usually, we have no idea what features were yanked.
I seem to recall a discussion around Ghostbusters launch about some sort of lighting feature being pulled.
I think at that time, people said things like, “At least give us the chance to add these things to our game.”, and “I’d gladly pay extra for this extra feature. An after market mod won’t be able to be coded in like this etc etc”
This feature is unnecessary. It was presumably pulled to make a set BOM. Perhaps The designer chose to prioritize assets and mechs. I don’t know.
I don’t yet own this game, but I’m seriously considering a Premium. I had loads of fun on the Pro last weekend.
I would DEFINITELY buy the UV lighting kit if I bought the pin. No brainer.
I DO agree it should have been included in the LE. That would have been the best of all worlds. Include it in the LE, and give Pro and Premium buyers the chance to upgrade.
As it stands, it totally doesn’t bother me. There are WAY more important things to worry about.

Another voice of reason and common sense on this issue.

I think the reason they didn't add it on the LE is that it would have been another "gotta have it" freak out like Munsters where they raised the numbers to 600 after the fact and they wanted to keep the LE at the 500 number, rightly so.

Plus, everybody gets to enjoy the effect. Pro, premium and LE. Some LE buyers, not me, might have complained about pro and premium guys being able to upgrade that feature. Who knows.

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is solid proof Stern recently put out, that TMNT Is coming soon (see the turtle left of the pinball machine?):[quoted image]

Its just a bunch of 90s and 2000's cartoon ripoffs. Nothing points to anything specific. Either way given their recent actions with stranger things im going to be waiting to see what BS they are going to pull with the next game.

#6853 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm assuming Rarehero is posting in this thread?
THAT is why i'm busting balls. So many Bricks buyers hopping into the STH with no skin in the pin other than to take a dump on the game.
Who cares what those Brick shills think? Especially if you have to tear down a game to make yourself feel better about your purchase.
I too am very happy for Spooky pinball. A great success story. So is Stern, JJP, CGC, AP and hopefully Deeproot.

I went to there thread and posted some thoughts on this brick and stucky I have been watching and they acted like no one has been on this thread talking crap for weeks. Dish it out all day but can’t take it.

#6854 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddict78:

I went to there thread and posted some thoughts on this brick and stucky I have been watching and they acted like no one has been on this thread talking crap for weeks. Dish it out all day but can’t take it.

What drugs are you on? Seriously.

#6855 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What drugs are you on? Seriously.

How many pages of this thread are rarehero telling us how terrible every stern is and how spectacular and amazing spooky is. Get over yourself.

#6856 4 years ago

How many pages of this thread are rarehero telling us how terrible every stern is and how spectacular and amazing spooky is. Get over yourself.

So basically, you just wanted to stoop to others levels for no other reason than to do it. Okay. You might want to change your narrative to not be 'all those people', because early on Ice was over there doing the same thing.

#6857 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another voice of reason and common sense on this issue.
I think the reason they didn't add it on the LE is that it would have been another "gotta have it" freak out like Munsters where they raised the numbers to 600 after the fact and they wanted to keep the LE at the 500 number, rightly so.
Plus, everybody gets to enjoy the effect. Pro, premium and LE. Some LE buyers, not me, might have complained about pro and premium guys being able to upgrade that feature. Who knows.

Think this is the real reason it was not added in the package to begin with. Kman mentioned it and it makes sense now and I’m not as upset, although LE buyers should get it for no extra cost.

The reason: UV is considered very dangerous, i.e., tanning beds UV light etc. If Stern would have included this in the original machine, they would have issues all over the world with anti UV laws. It might cause issues with the whole machine being affected by the UV light kit. Sell it as an extra customer installed add on and Stern skirts around all those potential issues.

If this is a one off occurrence and not setting up a DLC type precedence, then I’m okay with this one off, if it is in fact the issue.

#6858 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wrong as usual, Stern has been doing upgrading since IMDN where i felt the quality dipped to bad levels, get your facts straight!
JP and Elvira, the past two Sterns, yeah i know its tough for you to keep up NPO because they keep pumping out fantastic pins, have none of the main issues you describe. They have excellent PF quality, reinforced cabs and GREAT GAMES.
The people have spoken with their wallets leading to a record year of sales for Stern. Just the FACTS, drop the mic and game over. LOL
There will ALWAYS be malcontent, whiners and complainers never happy with anything. EVERY pinball manufacturer deserves some kind of medal of honor for having to put up with some of you.
Bottom line, pinball is thriving right now for many reasons, and that's a great thing.

Yup, it’s you.

#6859 4 years ago

Eh? TNA is the only Spooky I love, and because I love it & Scott Danesi’s style, I bought a R&M. I’ve praised Stern JP as being a great game.

I will not be hiring you to be my biographer.

#6860 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm assuming Rarehero is posting in this thread?
THAT is why i'm busting balls. So many Bricks buyers hopping into the STH with no skin in the pin other than to take a dump on the game.
Who cares what those Brick shills think? Especially if you have to tear down a game to make yourself feel better about your purchase.
I too am very happy for Spooky pinball. A great success story. So is Stern, JJP, CGC, AP and hopefully Deeproot.

So wait a minute. Since I know that Rarehero hasn't been posting in here much lately, and most of the comments you've been making are from responses to me, I will assume you have me blocked. That's hilarious. You don't even know what you are responding to.

#6861 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF sort of convoluted conspiracy revisionist crap is that ICE??? Now we know you’ve had too much to drink.

All I know is with each dick move my loyalty to Stern drops. Now the game must be an absolute standout, like Elwins JP, or I won’t buy. I actually PREFER buying from another company if I can. Alienating previously loyal customers is generally not good business, but when you’ve got no competition in a growing market, and the EOFY figures just validate your strategy, you keep doing it.

#6862 4 years ago

Just played about a dozen games on an LE with my son at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor. The fact that we love the show probably made us enjoy it way more than if we weren't fans of the show. The El ball lock magnet didn't work worth a lick. One ball grand total worked the way that it should have when we shot it up there. The other times, the ball just passed through and counted as a lock. Or worse-case scenario, and this happened a lot, is that the ball would be rejected by the metal parts of the device back down the ramp and SDTM. Made me want to kick the shit out of the game, especially if I had a lot going on in the game at the time.

#6863 4 years ago

Here’s my problem with the UV kit. It really should have been a standard feature in the game. The game doesn’t have much else. The underground is a big part of Stranger Things, things are different there. Shouldn’t the pin change up dramatically when you’re in that mode? With GI or playfield lighting or something? Yes, it should. SW has less on it than STH but it also has a killer light show and excellent theme integration that changes the feeling of the game when appropriate.

I’m not seeing much theme integration at all with STH. Are there audio visual clips from the show that interact with the game? In the streams I see I see a bunch of demagorgan visuals and not much else. Maybe I’m wrong about this, but STH appears to suffer from Wonka-itis in his way.

So when there’s little actual theme integration to begin with - and practically no toys or features - than having to pay extra for one thing that actually provides integration with the show is inane. And insulting.

And yes Ice, sadly, after being screwed yet again by Stern, most people will step right up and buy on the next release. I won’t be one of them. I put my money where my mouth is and I’ve been doing it since the clusterfuck that was AVLE. While Stern has released many fun games since, they’ve done absolutely nothing to make me a day 1 buyer. And indeed, have screwed up so often that I would never trust them with a NIB purchase.

#6864 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You got new code that brings it marginally closer to the complete game it should have been at launch.

Interesting how 2 companies selling an equivalent product can have totally different relationships with their customers. This thread has devolved into a Stern bashing fest yet R&M is overwhelmingly positive. Why is that?

yeah so what? it wasn't, annoying that it isn't but that's how it is, stern got this wrong and have improved it but still not good I agree but they get the code out eventually.

Spooky is niche; stern sells more games in one title than they've shipped in total; not everyone is happy with Spooky titles and they aren't all perfect, our Alice Cooper is more unreliable than my 1980's nine ball.

They just seem to be given a pass because they are new and small; others like them got the same treatment but less successful (look at dutch pinball; If I had skin in that game they'd have been declared bankrupt and had all their assets seized by now but those involved are like they've done nothing wrong despite being ripped off for thousands of pounds ) Look at JJP, shipping the most expensive "high quality" games with playfields that shocking.

#6865 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wrong as usual, Stern has been doing upgrading since IMDN where i felt the quality dipped to bad levels, get your facts straight!
JP and Elvira, the past two Sterns, yeah i know its tough for you to keep up NPO because they keep pumping out fantastic pins, have none of the main issues you describe. They have excellent PF quality, reinforced cabs and GREAT GAMES.
The people have spoken with their wallets leading to a record year of sales for Stern. Just the FACTS, drop the mic and game over. LOL
There will ALWAYS be malcontent, whiners and complainers never happy with anything. EVERY pinball manufacturer deserves some kind of medal of honor for having to put up with some of you.
Bottom line, pinball is thriving right now for many reasons, and that's a great thing.

You have your opinion, and I have mine : ).

In the end, I voted with my wallet regarding Stern (nothing since GoT Pro).

I sure am looking forward to my Shadow coming in a couple weeks with all features at under $6000 (Pro price) ; ).

Pinball is thriving, and for those with bottomless wallets, that's awesome. What was $4200 in 2012 is now almost $6000 in 2020. YES!!! *pumps fist*

#6866 4 years ago

I just watched the R&M stream, I think Spooky have a hit on their hand, shame they limited it to 750.
also the funniest tilt in Pinball.

#6867 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Here’s my problem with the UV kit. It really should have been a standard feature in the game. The game doesn’t have much else. The underground is a big part of Stranger Things, things are different there. Shouldn’t the pin change up dramatically when you’re in that mode? With GI or playfield lighting or something? Yes, it should. SW has less on it than STH but it also has a killer light show and excellent theme integration that changes the feeling of the game when appropriate.
I’m not seeing much theme integration at all with STH. Are there audio visual clips from the show that interact with the game? In the streams I see I see a bunch of demagorgan visuals and not much else. Maybe I’m wrong about this, but STH appears to suffer from Wonka-itis in his way.
So when there’s little actual theme integration to begin with - and practically no toys or features - than having to pay extra for one thing that actually provides integration with the show is inane. And insulting.
And yes Ice, sadly, after being screwed yet again by Stern, most people will step right up and buy on the next release. I won’t be one of them. I put my money where my mouth is and I’ve been doing it since the clusterfuck that was AVLE. While Stern has released many fun games since, they’ve done absolutely nothing to make me a day 1 buyer. And indeed, have screwed up so often that I would never trust them with a NIB purchase.

how have stern screwed anyone? Nobody bought this game without seeing it. Nobody has to buy the kit. What if they had never_ came out with the kit? This is something that they have added. I'm struggling with this. The game plays the same!

#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I just watched the R&M stream, I think Spooky have a hit on their hand, shame they limited it to 750.
also the funniest tilt in Pinball.

it looks very good and glad to have on on order but how could they dare ship a game with still build issues, bugs in code and the code not finished?!*

* that was irony

Neil.

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

WTF sort of convoluted conspiracy revisionist crap is that ICE??? Now we know you’ve had too much to drink.
All I know is with each dick move my loyalty to Stern drops. Now the game must be an absolute standout, like Elwins JP, or I won’t buy. I actually PREFER buying from another company if I can. Alienating previously loyal customers is generally not good business, but when you’ve got no competition in a growing market, and the EOFY figures just validate your strategy, you keep doing it.

When you calm down Cookie guys like you and Delt know the reality and how it works.

Go ahead and let off a little steam and then come back to greatness. STH is shaping up!

How is there “no competition”?

#6870 4 years ago

I never read anything you write TFA. I’m too busy staring at the avatar

But, you are WAY off base on lack of theme integration.

#6871 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah so what? it wasn't, annoying that it isn't but that's how it is, stern got this wrong and have improved it but still not good I agree but they get the code out eventually.
Spooky is niche; stern sells more games in one title than they've shipped in total; not everyone is happy with Spooky titles and they aren't all perfect, our Alice Cooper is more unreliable than my 1980's nine ball.
They just seem to be given a pass because they are new and small; others like them got the same treatment but less successful (look at dutch pinball; If I had skin in that game they'd have been declared bankrupt and had all their assets seized by now but those involved are like they've done nothing wrong despite being ripped off for thousands of pounds ) Look at JJP, shipping the most expensive "high quality" games with playfields that shocking.

Quit making sense Neil, it’s not allowed in this thread ffs

#6872 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

The reason: UV is considered very dangerous, i.e., tanning beds UV light etc. If Stern would have included this in the original machine, they would have issues all over the world with anti UV laws. It might cause issues with the whole machine being affected by the UV light kit. Sell it as an extra customer installed add on and Stern skirts around all those potential issues.

If this is a one off occurrence and not setting up a DLC type precedence, then I’m okay with this one off, if it

Where do you get this information. I build blacklight attractions across the WORLD... hundreds of them. Virtually every single laser tag is in blacklight... there is NOTHING wrong with blacklight paint or a blacklight. Dude seriously get your facts straight.

Not sure where you got blacklight paint mixed up with a suntan bed. OMG LOL!

#6873 4 years ago

This is Brian Eddys best game. 8 way combo, coolest mini playfield and ball lock.
All for 4K NZ (2500)US.

20200216_103000 (resized).jpg20200216_103000 (resized).jpg
#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how have stern screwed anyone? Nobody bought this game without seeing it. Nobody has to buy the kit. What if they had never_ came out with the kit? This is something that they have added. I'm struggling with this. The game plays the same!

Are you new? How has Stern screwed the hobby? With their rampant cost cutting and commensurate price inflation. With their piss poor QA. With their general lack of innovation and imagination. By releasing unfinished games and taking years to complete code. I could keep going.

Why people continue to buy NIB from this company astounds me.

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Iceman you post 3 to 5 thousand times EVERY SINGLE DAY how many people do you actually think care about what you say? That is a serious question.

You're too busy doing what drinking and posting on pinside all day? You know what considering you stay inside all day and post on this website 24/7 I wonder if you added the Blacklight MOD to Stranger things if you'd glow more than the pinball machine... you know considering how pale you must be for never leaving the house!

Can you add that mod and send a picture, I bet you end up looking like Uncle Fester with a light bulb in his mouth!

#6876 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Iceman you post 3 to 5 thousand times EVERY SINGLE DAY how many people do you actually think care about what you say? That is a serious question.
You're too busy doing what drinking and posting on pinside all day? You know what considering you stay inside all day and post on this website 24/7 I wonder if you added the Blacklight MOD to Stranger things if you'd glow more than the pinball machine... you know considering how pale you must be for never leaving the house!
Can you add that mod and send a picture, I bet you end up looking like Uncle Fester with a light bulb in his mouth!

You 2 need to get a room.

DrFright, when Ice gets sick of collecting Stern LE’s I hear he’s building a theme park in his backyard. Don’t piss him off too much.

#6877 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

People were saying the game was missing something - lighting, etc, to differentiate certain modes, the upside down, etc. Stern said code was coming, more being added, things like that, alluding to the concerns being addressed. So we all sat and waited for code updates to address these specific concerns. Stern told a half truth, yea code was coming to add what was missing - but you gotta buy a $279 light kit to actually take advantage of it.

So the moral of the story is, don’t buy new in box sterns. Because more often than not these days stern is gonna bend you over.

#6878 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

No question Spooky get a huge pass on many levels, but people like buying from them so they’re more tolerant. Spooky engage with their customers - people feel like they’re part of the Spooky journey.

I know Spookys size gives them that luxury and it’s more difficult for a company like Stern, but they really could do better in building their “Global Lifestyle Brand”. They’ve got the $$$$ to spend on marketing but they f*ck it up 9 times out of 10. I should feel good about buying Stern but I feel like I’m buying Stern because I have no choice (I know, first world problems).

Not sure what a Stern “Lifestyle” would look like, but I know I don’t want it.

362AB2D1-4943-4395-8D4F-1E444EC0E008 (resized).jpeg362AB2D1-4943-4395-8D4F-1E444EC0E008 (resized).jpeg
#6879 4 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Here is what I think.
Every game has stuff pulled out in order to make BOM. Everybody knows this. Usually, we have no idea what features were yanked.
I seem to recall a discussion around Ghostbusters launch about some sort of lighting feature being pulled.
I think at that time, people said things like, “At least give us the chance to add these things to our game.”, and “I’d gladly pay extra for this extra feature. An after market mod won’t be able to be coded in like this etc etc”
This feature is unnecessary. It was presumably pulled to make a set BOM. Perhaps The designer chose to prioritize assets and mechs. I don’t know.
I don’t yet own this game, but I’m seriously considering a Premium. I had loads of fun on the Pro last weekend.
I would DEFINITELY buy the UV lighting kit if I bought the pin. No brainer.
I DO agree it should have been included in the LE. That would have been the best of all worlds. Include it in the LE, and give Pro and Premium buyers the chance to upgrade.
As it stands, it totally doesn’t bother me. There are WAY more important things to worry about.

The math doesn't add up on this theory, the BOM is virtually nothing, they already paid for the art and paint, plastics and parts. They are just swapping things out and adding a couple of LEDs to light them up. How much increase do you think this really adds if they added from the start it would have been almost nothing. THey wasted more money and resources having to build the two versions and now people have to pay for both and one is garbage. I would actually bet this move actually increased the costs per machine. I could accept that maybe that some manufactures couldn't get them parts on time and they needed machines on the line. Even then they should have been up front about it. This is a poorly executed cash grab and we have seen many times. Shit I work for EA I have been in the room for many of these planning sessions and I'm lucky enough to be in a position to have input and be able to say this is a bad idea.

#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Lol. 3 to 5 thousand. Put the crack pipe down dude!

Here’s another post for you. Why don’t you quit trying to stiff buyers on TBL and actually pay your Pinside sale fees. How f ing cheap are you?

#6881 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You 2 need to get a room.
DrFright, when Ice gets sick of collecting Stern LE’s I hear he’s building a theme park in his backyard. Don’t piss him off too much.

My neighbor Tony Parker, Ex Spurs guard, damn near has a theme park and I’m sure the Dr. didn’t build it. It’s high quality Lol

Some people living in fantasyland!

I’ve built 10 million theme parks myself

Spooky gets a pass and Stern fucks everything up and “money grabs” blah blah.

When’s the next game to buy Cookie! TMNT

I wasn’t gonna buy but I am all in now AFTER this great $279 mod!!!!

Boom boom

Now I’m off to the rodeo and Keith Urban so
You ladies have a great night!

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You consistently do it, that's not fucking around. Just calling it like I see it. I have no issues with people not liking particular games. We all have our own opinions, but people need to quit being dicks to others for it.

Now I’ve read everything.

This thread is a nonstop drama queen dick parade. None of the haters have the right to lecture ANYBODY about their behavior here.

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here’s another post for you. Why don’t you quit trying to stiff buyers on TBL and actually pay your Pinside sale fees. How f ing cheap are you?

Now I can get behind that advice ICE! Guy does a bait and switch and doesn’t even pay fees or a membership. Total garbage. He pms me this long explanation (fell asleep trying to read it - like ramblings of a five year old) and I will never open another message from him. Lesson learned. What a joke.

You and I might not agree on everything but there is a level of respect for each other. We speak our minds and move forward. Others might agree or not - who cares. But this guy? I don’t respect anyone who does that.

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No question Spooky get a huge pass on many levels, but people like buying from them so they’re more tolerant. Spooky engage with their customers - people feel like they’re part of the Spooky journey.
I know Spookys size gives them that luxury and it’s more difficult for a company like Stern, but they really could do better in building their “Global Lifestyle Brand”. They’ve got the $$$$ to spend on marketing but they f*ck it up 9 times out of 10. I should feel good about buying Stern but I feel like I’m buying Stern because I have no choice (I know, first world problems).
Not sure what a Stern “Lifestyle” would look like, but I know I don’t want it.[quoted image]

I agree, stern on marketing and game release they totally have dropped the ball on that. When was the last Stern announcement a surprise to anyone? Yet spooky sneak out R&M with nobody expecting it.

"Stranger things" by "Brian eddy" for some a huge tv show and a huge pinball designer - expectations have been bubbling for months... and every knew for like almost a year. Everyone expected a game changer and whilst ST is good in my view it's not a game changer.

however, nobody, but nobody has to buy anything from Stern they don't like, if you are uncertain of the future of a game from them, wait until it's finished. Personally I've never felt let down by them, maybe they took too long on some stuff (GB). but TWD, B66, IMDN, DP, BKSOR, Star Trek, JP2 are fucking epic games in my view.

#6885 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now I’ve read everything.
This thread is a nonstop drama queen dick parade. None of the haters have the right to lecture ANYBODY about their behavior here.

EDIT: I don't disagree with you about the drama, but how people respond to each other when disagreeing speaks volumes.

#6886 4 years ago

I feel sorry for Stern, Gary probably dislocated his shoulder patting himself on the back for finally having a pinball game with distributors before its announced (shady "leaked" video aside) and delivered the next day and with a killer current theme and then all the old poor QC, rushed out the door, poor code, dimples vs craters, etc comes back to haunt him.

Never mind, hes got "Stage 2" of the release to finally shown off the amazing projector gimmick that should have been shown on launch , ok, well done we all say, how innovative, shame the ball lock is wank, "dont worry he thinks , "I've got an ace in the sleeve with the UV add on"... but fumbles that in the end zone also as we all dump on the shady money grab.

I hope stern realise this "maybe" the tipping point is upon us and stop taking the pi$$ out of the loyal army they've worked so hard to build over 25 or so years. Or not, but I hope so.

#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I feel sorry for Stern, Gary probably dislocated his shoulder patting himself on the back for finally having a pinball game with distributors before its announced (shady "leaked" video aside) and delivered the next day and with a killer current theme and then all the old poor QC, rushed out the door, poor code, dimples vs craters, etc comes back to haunt him.
Never mind, hes got "Stage 2" of the release to finally shown off the amazing projector gimmick that should have been shown on launch , ok, well done we all say, how innovative, shame the ball lock is wank, "dont worry he thinks , "I've got an ace in the sleeve with the UV add on"... but fumbles that in the end zone also as we all dump on the shady money grab.
I hope stern realise this "maybe" the tipping point is upon us and stop taking the pi$$ out of the loyal army they've worked so hard to build over 25 or so years. Or not, but I hope so.

wow - I have to admit to not thinking that deep about my hobby!

they've had the game with distributers a few times before launch and nearly all of them the day after launch. Having bought games from all the manufacturers; none of them have ever launched a game without issues, and those around in the WMS days say the same about them.

#6888 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That was VERY FUNNY! That made me laugh good one.

Quoted from iceman44:

I’m sure the Dr. didn’t build it. It’s high quality

As for high quality check out the Wonderful Wizard of Oz attraction we're building. I posted these photos on facebook they got 2 million views, 15,000 shares, 15,000 comments... as for HIGH quality I think that speaks volumes brother. I've worked for nearly every theme park in the entire WORLD!

Quoted from iceman44:

Now let me address this for you because clearly you don't have a clue. First I don't smoke crack, and believe it or not I don't drink unlike yourself, and I've never done drugs any drugs. Secondly I never ripped off ANYONE on TBL... I put the game up for sale, got 80 emails, so I post my private email address because I just (unlike you) don't have time to sit here for days on end to respond. Out of the 80 plus people who emailed only THREE actually took the time to EMAIL ME DIRECTLY! Each one of those people I talked to by phone. I did not sell my TBL and still have it. I took no money from anyone, I did not promise to sell, ship, or trade with ANYONE! I'm not sure what your definition of screwed is but mine would be taking money from someone and then not delivering as promised. That just didn't happen. Just because some total moron goes nuts because he falsely thinks #1 that because he emailed me and offered to buy the game I should sell it to him or #2 I have to sell it to him just because he emailed me. I was accused of asking people to direct email of trying to skip on pinside... FALSE! See unlike yourself I actually leave my house. I own my own company and we have about 20 employees right now... we were running two shifts I was working the second one and staying up almost daily until about 7 am. So I had no time to respond to 80 people asking me to trade a fish tales, baywatch and $500 and then ship to spain blah, blah blah.

I was accused of being on pinside daily FALSE! I just got on this weekend, but was more or less off for the past 10 days. One stretch (last September thru early November) I wasn't on the site for 60 days I even disabled my account so not to be tempted (LOL). I was busy super busy... but right now I'm so busy I can't see straight. So asking people to merely email was a better way for me to communicate with people not trying to avoid pinside fees. But hey you have some seriously deranged people on this website its okay. As I said then I will say again I can sell my games when I want, to whom I want, how I want.

Lastly as for paying pinside I don't need to be a pinside plus member I only get on the site in spurts, maybe a couple days here and there then maybe not at all for a week or two. I've paid pinside several hundred dollars but for the record most of my games I've sold are usually sold on facebook or to local friends not pinside. If there is anything and I mean anything wrong with me about selling pinball games I'm VERY SLOW to respond, even on facebook. My local buddies sometimes tell me HEY DUDE PEOPLE are trying to reach you about your game on facebook. I'm like oh really... okay. Buying selling pinballs isn't how I make a living, my time and dedication is to what really pays the bills and btw gives me the opportunity to buy some really COOL GAMES!

I'm seriously that busy and that is the ONLY reason I asked people to direct email me... its the best way I communicate. For me it works for others maybe not so much. Has nothing to do with pinside. Now that I've explained that to you, and hopefully you're able to read all this after downing two bottles of vodka, maybe we can meet up at TPF and I'll reserve the entire bar just for you!

Lastly but not least I don't take all this stuff as serious as 90% of the people who post on this website hour by hour. I'm not offended by anything anyone says I just keep doing what I do brother! You do the same!

IMG_2190 (resized).jpgIMG_2190 (resized).jpgIMG_2193 (resized).jpgIMG_2193 (resized).jpgIMG_2194 (resized).jpgIMG_2194 (resized).jpgIMG_2197 (resized).jpgIMG_2197 (resized).jpgIMG_2199 (resized).jpgIMG_2199 (resized).jpg
#6889 4 years ago

Does anyone think Stern will code in future seasons into the game with clips? Season 4 is probably the last season because the creators are moving on to make a new series.

#6890 4 years ago

I read season 4 is the last season buy it's a 2 part season.
And if the bring back Hopper they should bring back Bob

#6891 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope so, but honestly, the UV secret stream did not show me much. I’m looking forward to playing the game. I wonder if many operators will be adding the UV.

#6892 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That was VERY FUNNY! That made me laugh good one.

As for high quality check out the Wonderful Wizard of Oz attraction we're building. I posted these photos on facebook they got 2 million views, 15,000 shares, 15,000 comments... as for HIGH quality I think that speaks volumes brother. I've worked for nearly every theme park in the entire WORLD!

Now let me address this for you because clearly you don't have a clue. First I don't smoke crack, and believe it or not I don't drink unlike yourself, and I've never done drugs any drugs. Secondly I never ripped off ANYONE on TBL... I put the game up for sale, got 80 emails, so I post my private email address because I just (unlike you) don't have time to sit here for days on end to respond. Out of the 80 plus people who emailed only THREE actually took the time to EMAIL ME DIRECTLY! Each one of those people I talked to by phone. I did not sell my TBL and still have it. I took no money from anyone, I did not promise to sell, ship, or trade with ANYONE! I'm not sure what your definition of screwed is but mine would be taking money from someone and then not delivering as promised. That just didn't happen. Just because some total moron goes nuts because he falsely thinks #1 that because he emailed me and offered to buy the game I should sell it to him or #2 I have to sell it to him just because he emailed me. I was accused of asking people to direct email of trying to skip on pinside... FALSE! See unlike yourself I actually leave my house. I own my own company and we have about 20 employees right now... we were running two shifts I was working the second one and staying up almost daily until about 7 am. So I had no time to respond to 80 people asking me to trade a fish tales, baywatch and $500 and then ship to spain blah, blah blah.
I was accused of being on pinside daily FALSE! I just got on this weekend, but was more or less off for the past 10 days. One stretch (last September thru early November) I wasn't on the site for 60 days I even disabled my account so not to be tempted (LOL). I was busy super busy... but right now I'm so busy I can't see straight. So asking people to merely email was a better way for me to communicate with people not trying to avoid pinside fees. But hey you have some seriously deranged people on this website its okay. As I said then I will say again I can sell my games when I want, to whom I want, how I want.
Lastly as for paying pinside I don't need to be a pinside plus member I only get on the site in spurts, maybe a couple days here and there then maybe not at all for a week or two. I've paid pinside several hundred dollars but for the record most of my games I've sold are usually sold on facebook or to local friends not pinside. If there is anything and I mean anything wrong with me about selling pinball games I'm VERY SLOW to respond, even on facebook. My local buddies sometimes tell me HEY DUDE PEOPLE are trying to reach you about your game on facebook. I'm like oh really... okay. Buying selling pinballs isn't how I make a living, my time and dedication is to what really pays the bills and btw gives me the opportunity to buy some really COOL GAMES!
I'm seriously that busy and that is the ONLY reason I asked people to direct email me... its the best way I communicate. For me it works for others maybe not so much. Has nothing to do with pinside. Now that I've explained that to you, and hopefully you're able to read all this after downing two bottles of vodka, maybe we can meet up at TPF and I'll reserve the entire bar just for you!
Lastly but not least I don't take all this stuff as serious as 90% of the people who post on this website hour by hour. I'm not offended by anything anyone says I just keep doing what I do brother! You do the same![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, your log-in history is available to all Pinsiders. And, unfortunately, so is your posting. On the TBL selling thread days in question, you were all over Pinside. Just not your for sale thread.

Try selling crazy somewhere else. Try Levi’s.

#6893 4 years ago

Stern has a booth set up at the San Antonio rodeo. Who knew? Nice trough

6E33CC46-19F8-4731-B29C-9C4BA01FB13A (resized).jpeg6E33CC46-19F8-4731-B29C-9C4BA01FB13A (resized).jpeg
#6894 4 years ago

This is how we do it in Texas to get things going!
69C1A444-EDC0-4927-A7C2-C283F59550F8 (resized).jpeg69C1A444-EDC0-4927-A7C2-C283F59550F8 (resized).jpeg

#6895 4 years ago

Mutton buster champ. She
Kicked ass!

4887349E-30A6-4D95-9180-74B2B8CA4ED5 (resized).jpeg4887349E-30A6-4D95-9180-74B2B8CA4ED5 (resized).jpeg
#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Brick and Mortar is streaming on Twitch right now and nobody seems to be able to really get anything going on it (except Charlie). To me, the cartoon is super annoying, and the game is, too. I'm really happy for Spooky because those guys are really some of the nicest guys in the hobby...
...but I'm really glad I got STh, no matter what Corneda says. Let's be honest...does his opinion really matter when he bought a Magic Girl and touted Wonka as the GOAT?
Excited for my UV kit coming Tuesday...

Did you order off of Stern’s site? Is it shipping that quick?

#6897 4 years ago

Hey I think I found the good Dr. Come on Jack!
1723F672-8A84-417D-8A45-AA584F392E4F (resized).png1723F672-8A84-417D-8A45-AA584F392E4F (resized).png

#6898 4 years ago

I hope so, but honestly, the UV secret stream did not show me much. I’m looking forward to playing the game. I wonder if many operators will be adding the UV.

I will be, already ordered it.

#6899 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Did you order off of Stern’s site? Is it shipping that quick?

Yes and yes. I was surprised they were getting them out that quickly as well. I got the premium/LE package, so I can't speak to the speed of the pro kits shipping.

#6900 4 years ago

Keith “Stranger Things” Urban

Projection video is in big time!

9D7F3B6C-E653-4A23-9110-9EF3D4A586E1 (resized).jpeg9D7F3B6C-E653-4A23-9110-9EF3D4A586E1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 39.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.