IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 144.
#6801 4 years ago

Honestly i say screw paying stern for the plastics and a new apron just cause it has leds in it. Id rather have the pinstadium lights cause the leds won't shine in your face and on the screen. The stern lights are facing inward shining on everything in a 180 degree radius.

#6802 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

I do, what else does “Hahahha” mean. I laughed at your post, it’s all your other pals on here that need to lighten up

It's all good dude. We all just give each other shit in here, some times we laugh, other times we get downvotes. It's all in good fun.

We are all just grown men who spend too much money on these toys because we're all just big kids. And with that, we can all act childish at times. At the end of the day, it's all about having fun and hanging with everyone here on Pinside. That's why I enjoy this place. If we all hung out and played pinball together we'd be having a great time

#6803 4 years ago

Coin taker has a set too for 99

#6804 4 years ago

I know this UV light debacle has pinsiders divided. I’m not a bomb thrower and don’t have an extreme opinion on it. All I can say is I was considering buying a NIB stranger things, and now I am not. I don’t like how this marketing move makes me ‘feel’. You can try to convince me logically it shouldn’t matter - Stern is still selling you a complete game as far as gameplay, it’s just an add on you don’t have to buy, many less cool mods cost this much anyway etc etc. And honestly that all might be true.

But I’m buying an expensive toy. How I feel informs my decision same as any other expensive luxury purchase I buy. And this move makes me feel bad. Clearly I’m not the only one. I can’t tell you whether this will affect Stern’s bottom line. All I can say is that they’ve lost my confidence in their brand as a consumer.

It seems my lifestyle is incongruous with this kind of lifestyle brand.

#6805 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This really is the beginning of DLC. Already installed by being part of the pf already. Now you're essentially unlocking by buying this kit.
Complete bullshit. Anyone describing this as an add on like a shooter rod is already lost. This is literally part of the code/gameplay and clearly should have been included as prem/le.
I'm starting to really get sick of Stern's abuse along with the Stern army apologists who support this garbage.

Yes...but.....TMNT!!!!!

You'll forgive as soon as it is revealed. And you'll like it too.

Truly some frog slowly boiled in a pan stuff by Stern.

#6806 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It isn't about the game changing, that's never been what the negativity is about (for most people).

then I don't know why anyone is so excited/anti-excited about a LED upgrade. The game plays the same! But we got new code that actually improves the game!

#6807 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let the Spooky Bricks guys do their thing
No need to stoop to their level in this thread despite the non stop BS from them
We aren’t in that thread because we don’t care and if makes em happy then more power to em
The facts are on our side
Don’t worry. I will wear them down

LOL the Bricks thread - yeah the level of BS in that thread is nuts.

#6808 4 years ago

man we don't need more pinstadium adverts please!

#6809 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

we got new code that actually improves the game!

You got new code that brings it marginally closer to the complete game it should have been at launch.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LOL the Bricks thread - yeah the level of BS in that thread is nuts.

Interesting how 2 companies selling an equivalent product can have totally different relationships with their customers. This thread has devolved into a Stern bashing fest yet R&M is overwhelmingly positive. Why is that?

#6810 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sitting on the fence gonna grab me an le with topper and uv mod next year fo 5900. please buy all this stuff!!

Same here.

#6811 4 years ago

As much as I hate to say it Stranger things has been a swift kick in the balls .

Feeling let down on this pin .

#6812 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey numb nuts. That’s chump change. I’ll be at TPF. Come find me. I’ll happily straighten your ass out. Lol. And I will buy because you can’t afford it coin pusher

I’m the best multi tasker you have ever seen! Takes me a few minutes to answer stupid BS

Keep dicking people around and see how that goes

Ever paid a Pinside fee selling a game? Nope. Pathetic

Holy cow you've been getting slushed tonight. Lets see another 3000 posts from you in a 24 hour period. Dude do you do ANYTHING in a 24 hour period but post on this website? I'm betting you'd be easy to spot at TPF, you'll be the guy stumbling around with two drinks in your hand and pale as a ghost because you never leave your computer. LOL

Now I'd be happy to meet you at TPF, I'll bring you a house warming gift ... how about a CASE of Jack Daniels would that work for you? Or should I bring you two cases you let me know. You know what I'm feeling like I owe you so I'll bring you THREE cases of Jack Daniels. I'm sure you'll have it down your DRAIN before I can even go to sleep. LOL

Hey question... would your dream theme pinball be 'Leaving Las Vegas'? Lets see if we can get Stern to make that game for you next what do you say?

LOL!!!! Lighten up brother!!! It's just pinball!

#6813 4 years ago

Now that my Stranger Things LE is working I have to admit that I like the game. Yes its missing a lot of toys, the playfield artwork isn't great, the screen would be better set back, and more than anything the PRO is next to worthless... the LE has a lot of innovations that are firsts in pinball. I like the fact that Stern tried something different with the projector. The LE/Premium is sadly the only way to go with this game because the projector is super cool.

This isn't the best pinball game every, the ball flies into the glass more than I've ever seen on a pinball game. The game shipped not working, has a lot of issues with balls getting lost, but if that gets fixed the LE is a really nice looking game.

I had this game in my pincade for one day and it did really good. Stern should have gone ALL OUT and tried to NAIL the theme they didn't but still the projector is a great innovation. I think the projector would have been better near the back of the playfield to open up more shooting options but oh well.

This game isn't perfect but it will go down for many pinball firsts... so I say kudos on that at least.

I like my Stranger Things LE, and after playing some more tonight I have a better appreciation of the game from Stern trying to do something different. When you do something totally different you learn the hard way but you learn nothing if you don't' try. If the game didn't have that projector I would rate this game a total DUD, but the projector really does put this game in a category all by itself.

IMG_2039 (resized).jpgIMG_2039 (resized).jpgIMG_2040 (resized).jpgIMG_2040 (resized).jpgIMG_2041 (resized).jpgIMG_2041 (resized).jpgIMG_2042 (resized).jpgIMG_2042 (resized).jpgIMG_2043 (resized).jpgIMG_2043 (resized).jpgIMG_2044 (resized).jpgIMG_2044 (resized).jpg
#6814 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yes...but.....TMNT!!!!!

Here's what's important. Calling out Stern for the bad and the good. Currently.... there is a lot of bad with this cash grab. That should be called out along with the shills who defend it. If/when tmnt comes out - if it's loaded AND doesn't have BS DLC than I will be there to support it. No doubt about it.

It's not about some fanboy bullshit. It's about what is right and what is wrong period and calling these companies out when they pull this but also supporting them when it's deserved.

#6815 4 years ago

Can you sell the unnecessary non-UV plastics and extra apron back to Stern for $200? Seems fair.

#6816 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Can you sell the unnecessary non-UV plastics and extra apron back to Stern for $200? Seems fair.

Or you could just buy the $100 version from CoinTaker....

#6817 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I think spooky probably felt guilty about 700 fang club memberships..

that was 45.00. seriously a smart marketing move not a cash grab like stern selling BK sor music for 100.00 that they could have thrown in the box for free.
spooky is a much smaller company than stern and they could have got 350 dollars for their topper netting them over 200k.
i aint hating on stern only stating facts that uv kit for sth was a slap in the face to their loyal base.

#6818 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'll bring you a house warming gift ... how about a CASE of Jack Daniels would that work for you? Or should I bring you two cases you let me know. You know what I'm feeling like I owe you so I'll bring you THREE cases of Jack Daniels.

Easy there, big spender! Jack Daniels is like 20 bucks a bottle and there are 6 bottles in a case so that’s 120 bucks for a case! Times 3! Don’t flex so hard on iceman and the rest of us poors.

Ugh.

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Easy there, big spender! Jack Daniels is like 20 bucks a bottle and there are 6 bottles in a case so that’s 120 bucks for a case! Times 3! Don’t flex so hard on iceman and the rest of us poors.

Good point!!! As he said I can't really afford to put coins in the coin door, despite owning 31 pinball games. I never thought of it that way, and honestly after hearing he drinks 24/7 just like he posts on this website 24.7 he might bankrupt me! LOL

I might have to pull that offer! I'll stick with the original offer ONE CASE of JD for my friend Iceman... if he'll accept and be my friend!!!

Now back to the regular scheduled program talking about all things Stranger Things! Pardon me for the interruption!

#6820 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

uv kit, delivery, topper, taxes. brings LE up to Ten Thousand Dollars. what about other misc mod shooter rod etc?
thats alot of money for average person to pay for an average game.

Average people do not buy LE versions of pinball machines...Just sayin'

#6821 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Now that my Stranger Things LE is working I have to admit that I like the game. Yes its missing a lot of toys, the playfield artwork isn't great, the screen would be better set back, and more than anything the PRO is next to worthless... the LE has a lot of innovations that are firsts in pinball. I like the fact that Stern tried something different with the projector. The LE/Premium is sadly the only way to go with this game because the projector is super cool.
This isn't the best pinball game every, the ball flies into the glass more than I've ever seen on a pinball game. The game shipped not working, has a lot of issues with balls getting lost, but if that gets fixed the LE is a really nice looking game.
I had this game in my pincade for one day and it did really good. Stern should have gone ALL OUT and tried to NAIL the theme they didn't but still the projector is a great innovation. I think the projector would have been better near the back of the playfield to open up more shooting options but oh well.
This game isn't perfect but it will go down for many pinball firsts... so I say kudos on that at least.
I like my Stranger Things LE, and after playing some more tonight I have a better appreciation of the game from Stern trying to do something different. When you do something totally different you learn the hard way but you learn nothing if you don't' try. If the game didn't have that projector I would rate this game a total DUD, but the projector really does put this game in a category all by itself.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad that you finally got a chance to play it; it shoots really well; and is super addictive...LE looks beautiful

#6822 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Average people do not buy LE versions of pinball machines...Just sayin'

Yeah we do!

#6823 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

that was 45.00. seriously a smart marketing move not a cash grab like stern selling BK sor music for 100.00 that they could have thrown in the box for free.
spooky is a much smaller company than stern and they could have got 350 dollars for their topper netting them over 200k.
i aint hating on stern only stating facts that uv kit for sth was a slap in the face to their loyal base.

You are entitled to your opinion.. but you should look up the definition of the word “fact”. Nothing you said is a “fact”

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Good point!!! As he said I can't really afford to put coins in the coin door, despite owning 31 pinball games. I never thought of it that way, and honestly after hearing he drinks 24/7 just like he posts on this website 24.7 he might bankrupt me! LOL
I might have to pull that offer! I'll stick with the original offer ONE CASE of JD for my friend Iceman... if he'll accept and be my friend!!!
Now back to the regular scheduled program talking about all things Stranger Things! Pardon me for the interruption!

I'm back for my 24/7 duty and popping the top early today. It's rodeo day with Keith Urban. LOL. You obviously have trouble with math Dr.!

I don't drink JD so you can keep that for yourself brother. . The legend of Iceman is a lot of things, that ain't one of them.

Don't let our friend Chris hear you saying something good about STH, he will ban you from the hater brigade. At least you took your knee pads off, even if for just a brief moment.

Glad you are loving STH, go ahead, let it all out brother, it's ok!

#6825 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Here's what's important. Calling out Stern for the bad and the good. Currently.... there is a lot of bad with this cash grab. That should be called out along with the shills who defend it. If/when tmnt comes out - if it's loaded AND doesn't have BS DLC than I will be there to support it. No doubt about it.
It's not about some fanboy bullshit. It's about what is right and what is wrong period and calling these companies out when they pull this but also supporting them when it's deserved.

LOL, like i said, way to stand on your principles Delt. You and everybody else will be right back at the Stern trough.

Just because YOU don't like STH or what Stern did along with some others in the vocal minority it means NOTHING. I have nothing to shill or motivation to do it.

I'm just gonna get my game, set it up and love playing it like all my other games, you want take a shit all over it non stop, that's up to you.

I am calling out YOUR over the top jealous BS hate for it. See how that works? Bitch and whiners on the one hand and shill defenders on the other.

Here is a GUARANTEE, you are crying here but you haven't called Stern to voice your displeasure have you. You can take that "fanboy" stuff and stick it.

#6826 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, let's quantify this. Any predictions? Layoffs? Bankruptcy? Tits up in a year?
How do you think these ongoing scandals and the mass "defections" are going to tangibly harm Stern in the near future?
Not asking for any bets, I'm not the type, but may be fun to revisit these predictions in a year or so, a la "A Dark Night for Stern."
I mean, even YOU didn't say you are "defecting," you just said how much you love your three Stern games.

I love how it’s so black and white, succeed or fail, my side/your side with some people.

I, like most pinball hobbyists, get excited for every pinball release. And Stern provides those to us 3-4 times a year. I am preparing to buy each new release until I then need to make a judgement call related to my finite space. Do I want to sell “this game” for “new game”? JP2 became an obvious and great choice. My family was telling me to buy STranger things based on theme alone. Im currently not feeling it but I hope it’s one of those games that “develops”. Where the dust settles on “UVgate” is unclear but it’s not a goodwill generator for Stern.

Predictions:
1. New designers and coders will continue to push out the old guard (via sales numbers) (except Lyman)
2. Competition will drive the industry towards innovation and more storytelling through the LCD
3. I will buy another new Stern in 2020
4. Stern will have a great year. Stranger things will be a middle rated and received pin by the community but will sell well based on theme. Not as well as JP2

#6827 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Stern's been doing wrong/cost-cutting moves for a long time. This was more overt towards customer loyalty.

Failing decals, chipping/milky inserts, thinner gauge wiring, thinner metal hardware, re-routing of switches to backboxes, node boards that cost $$$ to replace, moon-cratering playfields, etc - that's all taking advantage of your customer base - but it didn't get anywhere near as much attention because the "whole game was there".

Not this time though. This time, they gave the customer base a half-baked product, and they got called out.

I can't imagine having to buy the strobe kit for AFM to get to experience Strobe MB in its entirety. That would just... woo whee.

I couldn't help but chuckle at what someone about 10 pages back said (to paraphrase): TMNT comes out and you get one turtle - pay for the other three.

And the community will. Gotta have that "ooo shiney". For every Batman SLE that makes everyone swear off Stern comes an Iron Maiden and they pull people right back in. For every Munsters, a JP2 shows up and all is forgiven. Stranger Things debacle hits, and once TMNT drops: "All is forgiven - turtle power, dude! Cowabunga!!!!!!"

I think once they get to the point that you get one main flipper and you have to pay $500 for the other flipper, then this community might finally start realizing the ride they've been getting taken on.

#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Predictions:
1. New designers and coders will continue to push out the old guard (via sales numbers) (except Lyman)
2. Competition will drive the industry towards innovation and more storytelling through the LCD
3. I will buy another new Stern in 2020
4. Stern will have a great year. Stranger things will be a middle rated and received pin by the community but will sell well based on theme. Not as well as JP2

Yeah baby! That's what i'm talking about, let's have a great positive pinball day ladies and gents.

You too Dr.Fright, i sense you are in bad need of a friend so i'm there for you brother, drinks on me at TPF!

#6829 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL, like i said, way to stand on your principles Delt. You and everybody else will be right back at the Stern trough.
Just because YOU don't like STH or what Stern did along with some others in the vocal minority it means NOTHING. I have nothing to shill or motivation to do it.
I'm just gonna get my game, set it up and love playing it like all my other games, you want take a shit all over it non stop, that's up to you.
I am calling out YOUR over the top jealous BS hate for it. See how that works? Bitch and whiners on the one hand and shill defenders on the other.
Here is a GUARANTEE, you are crying here but you haven't called Stern to voice your displeasure have you. You can take that "fanboy" stuff and stick it.

Ice - out of respect for the ice I knew before I'm going to reply in a respectful fashion. I'm out after this though. Becoming boring now.

I bought Sth NIB. I'm not someone that comes in and whines but doesn't buy anything. I also said the game was perfectly fine. Yes code rush but foundation is there. Criticism was over the top. Check the boards. It's all in there.

What I am calling out is this ridicous add on DLC bullshit. Im calling out the shills who defend Stern even as they're being bent over. I'm calling out the distributor who says don't worry about pf defects, what's the big deal about Stern building something into the pf and then charging later.....BUY BUY BUY

And no Ice I didn't call Stern to complain bc I'm not a b****. I just won't support them when they attempt that BS marketing. Feel free to continue defending. You know where I stand.

#6830 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Stern's been doing wrong/cost-cutting moves for a long time. This was more overt towards customer loyalty.

Failing decals, chipping/milky inserts, thinner gauge wiring, thinner metal hardware, re-routing of switches to backboxes, node boards that cost $$$ to replace, moon-cratering playfields, etc - that's all taking advantage of your customer base - but but it didn't get anywhere near as much attention because the "whole game was there".

Not this time though. This time, they gave the customer base a half-baked product, and they got called out.

Wrong as usual, Stern has been doing upgrading since IMDN where i felt the quality dipped to bad levels, get your facts straight!

JP and Elvira, the past two Sterns, yeah i know its tough for you to keep up NPO because they keep pumping out fantastic pins, have none of the main issues you describe. They have excellent PF quality, reinforced cabs and GREAT GAMES.

The people have spoken with their wallets leading to a record year of sales for Stern. Just the FACTS, drop the mic and game over. LOL

There will ALWAYS be malcontent, whiners and complainers never happy with anything. EVERY pinball manufacturer deserves some kind of medal of honor for having to put up with some of you.

Bottom line, pinball is thriving right now for many reasons, and that's a great thing.

#6831 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wrong as usual, Stern has been doing upgrading since IMDN where i felt the quality dipped to bad levels, get your facts straight!
JP and Elvira, the past two Sterns, yeah i know its tough for you to keep up NPO because they keep pumping out fantastic pins, have none of the main issues you describe. They have excellent PF quality, reinforced cabs and GREAT GAMES.
The people have spoken with their wallets leading to a record year of sales for Stern. Just the FACTS, drop the mic and game over. LOL
There will ALWAYS be malcontent, whiners and complainers never happy with anything. EVERY pinball manufacturer deserves some kind of medal of honor for having to put up with some of you.
Bottom line, pinball is thriving right now for many reasons, and that's a great thing.

Ice, I don't get the hate for IMDN at all.

I think its one of the best Stern pins ever ? What's so low quality about it, especially compared to Stranger Things?

IMDN seems like a McLaren compared to the Camaro that is Stranger Things.

IMDN has 3x metal ramps, a better layout, better artwork, an amazing rule set, a 3rd flipper, captive ball lock, tons of custom call outs, multi-GI lighting effects (at no extra charge! Amazing), motorized Sarcophagus, motorized trap door on left ramp, etc

Plus it's just insane fun when you learn the rules.

I don't see how you can defend Stranger Things on one hand, and bash IMDN on the other?

I think IMDN and JP2 are great examples of how Keith Elwin came to the scene and crushes it and in my opinion, makes Brian Eddy's comeback look weak. I'd Keith did Stranger Things we know how much better it would have been and you know it..

#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ice - out of respect for the ice I knew before I'm going to reply in a respectful fashion. I'm out after this though. Becoming boring now.
I bought Sth NIB. I'm not someone that comes in and whines but doesn't buy anything. I also said the game was perfectly fine. Yes code rush but foundation is there. Criticism was over the top. Check the boards. It's all in there.
What I am calling out is this ridicous add on DLC bullshit. Im calling out the shills who defend Stern even as they're being bent over. I'm calling out the distributor who says don't worry about pf defects, what's the big deal about Stern building something into the pf and then charging later.....BUY BUY BUY
And no Ice I didn't call Stern to complain bc I'm not a b****. I just won't support them when they attempt that BS marketing. Feel free to continue defending. You know where I stand.

If we are "being bent over" then i LIKE how it feels. As for the "add ons", look around currently at what's going on, and it's gonna become commonplace maybe just not after the fact.

Stern took away the "flipper profit" after the MetLE debacle and now they are trying to get some of the "mod market profit". Maybe that won't work out, maybe it will, this could be a one off based on THIS PARTICULAR GAME.

IF Stern cared so much about the "mod market profit" however, i would say they are doing a shitty job of capitalizing on it. Can't keep toppers in stock AND where are the JP shooter rods if its all just a "money grab".

JJP does a pretty good job of doing full game version "add ons" after the fact.

I don't like how other people, not saying you, think they know better how to spend MY money. That...is ridiculous. To imply that anyone buying this game is an "idiot", over and over again, gets a bit old.

I know you, we can give each other shit, you can give Stern shit. At the end of the day it's pinball, we are all having fun and still brothers!

Truthfully, we all know what's up, been around the block a few hundred times now, it's the people that can't think for themselves in the echo chamber that crack me up and need help.

#6833 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ice, I don't get the hate for IMDN at all.
I think its one of the best Stern pins ever ? What's so low quality about it, especially compared to Stranger Things?
IMDN seems like a McLaren compared to the Camaro that is Stranger Things.
IMDN has metal ramps, a better layout, better artwork, an amazing rule set, a 3rd flipper, tons of custom call outs, multi-GI lighting effects (at no extra charge! Amazing), motorized Sarcophagus, motorized trap door on left ramp, etc
Plus it's just insane fun when you learn the rules.
I don't see how you can defend Stranger Things on one hand, and bash IMDN on the other?
I think IMDN and JP2 are great examples of how Keith Elwin came to the scene and crushes it and in my opinion, makes Brian Eddy's comeback look weak. I'd Keith did Stranger Things we know how much better it would have been and you know it..

Kpg, what i'm saying about IMDN isn't about the gameplay itself, i agree, its great, not as good as JP but Elwin is fantastic and so are his team of coders and rule guys. Right there with Lyman.

To me, because i pulled out that POS Sarco mech a dozen times along with the captive ball adjustments and the backbox lock optos etc. etc. I felt like it was just plastic garbage all over the game and totally unreliable.

Still had the PF issues then, and in terms of sturdiness i felt like i could pick it up and twirl it on my finger like a basketball. LOL

The next 3 games i've seen HUGE improvement in quality.

TREX? One of the best mechs ever and haven't been under the hood much at all of any of Munsters, JP or Elvira.

IMDN is a great game! But when you spend more time fixing it than playing it, it takes a bit of the shine off. Would i buy it again, sure.

As for STH, i love what i see thus far and its a great THEME, BUT i haven't played it yet so we will see if i feel the same then. IMDN might kick its ass for the reasons you stated and that's why we buy different games for different reasons.

#6834 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kpg, what i'm saying about IMDN isn't about the gameplay itself, i agree, its great, not as good as JP but Elwin is fantastic and so are his team of coders and rule guys. Right there with Lyman.
To me, because i pulled out that POS Sarco mech a dozen times along with the captive ball adjustments and the backbox lock optos etc. etc. I felt like it was just plastic garbage all over the game and totally unreliable.
Still had the PF issues then, and in terms of sturdiness i felt like i could pick it up and twirl it on my finger like a basketball. LOL
The next 3 games i've seen HUGE improvement in quality.
TREX? One of the best mechs ever and haven't been under the hood much at all of any of Munsters, JP or Elvira.
IMDN is a great game! But when you spend more time fixing it than playing it, it takes a bit of the shine off. Would i buy it again, sure.
As for STH, i love what i see thus far and its a great THEME, BUT i haven't played it yet so we will see if i feel the same then. IMDN might kick its ass for the reasons you stated and that's why we buy different games for different reasons.

Wow man I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with IMDN!!! I did have to replace my center ramp mech when I first got it, but it's been perfect since - maybe 1000+ plays on it since I bought it. But yeah, Keith's coding is right there with Lyman no doubt.

Just got my JP LE the other day and I'm just blown away by what you get for the $$ spent. Just an amazing game all around, but you're right, that Trex mech is just outstanding. To see JP LE and the Trex then see Stranger Things plastic Pop figure demogorgan head in the middle is just a head scratcher.

I think why people are giving Stern so much shit here for the UV kit is the game already was so basic and stripped down compared to other Prem and LE models, then they drop this $279 "mod" that should have been at least standard.

It's kind of like charging $100 for a 5 course Filet steak Dinner at the Stern Restaurant one month, then charging you $110 the next month for a 3 course Top Sirloin dinner and then asking for another $20 for the 4th course. How can you not want to say some shit about that?

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think why people are giving Stern so much shit here for the UV kit is the game already was so basic and stripped down compared to other Prem and LE models, then they drop this $279 "mod" that should have been at least standard.

I get why Stern is getting shit for dropping that $279 "mod" after the fact.

I just don't care in the grand scheme of things. I'm just glad they did it because its a damn cool effect and what i'd expect in the game.

I'm guessing its a one time deal because of the theme and people need to chill out.

The same people blow thousands of dollars on cheap plastic crappy after market mods

I think Rick Naegle and team coded JP, Elwin is on the must buy list now.

With IMDN, if that Sarco mech doesn't work right it throws off all of the game play code. I finally got it working great just decided to let it go to a local guy. But yeah i'd def buy it again and take my chances because it is so good.

#6836 4 years ago

Brick and Mortar is streaming on Twitch right now and nobody seems to be able to really get anything going on it (except Charlie). To me, the cartoon is super annoying, and the game is, too. I'm really happy for Spooky because those guys are really some of the nicest guys in the hobby...

...but I'm really glad I got STh, no matter what Corneda says. Let's be honest...does his opinion really matter when he bought a Magic Girl and touted Wonka as the GOAT?

Excited for my UV kit coming Tuesday...

#6838 4 years ago

Anyone hyping STH with all it's stuff that doesn't work consistantly, and in the same breath making fun of R&M are only showing their shilling. I can understand not liking the theme itself, but the gameplay looks way better than STH. Additionally, considering how you berated people who hadn't played STH for saying it looked boring, and then you turn around and do the same thing? Yea....

#6839 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Anyone hyping STH with all it's stuff that doesn't work consistantly, and in the same breath making fun of R&M are only showing their shilling. I can understand not liking the theme itself, but the gameplay looks way better than STH. Additionally, considering how you berated people who hadn't played STH for saying it looked boring, and then you turn around and do the same thing? Yea....

LMAO "triggered!"

Everybody Just fucking around bro, relax. Yeah everybody super amped up around here for some reason, but for you and delt the "anti-shilling" is like a cultish religion!

#6840 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not really where I was going with that. I said the cartoon is super annoying TO ME, and for that reason the game is too. And it didn't seem like anyone could get anything going. I can't get anything going on my STh either but that's also a hard game.

I own a TNA and as I said I love the guys at Spooky. They sold out of this game already so any negativity wont have an effect on their sales.

I forgot I have to spell things out when I post on Pinside. Especially for Rarehero.

#6841 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO "triggered!"
Everybody Just fucking around bro, relax. Yeah everybody super amped up around here for some reason, but for you and delt the "anti-shilling" is like a cultish religion!

You consistently do it, that's not fucking around. Just calling it like I see it. I have no issues with people not liking particular games. We all have our own opinions, but people need to quit being dicks to others for it.

#6842 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not really where I was going with that. I said the cartoon is super annoying TO ME, and for that reason the game is too. And it didn't seem like anyone could get anything going. I can't get anything going on my STh either but that's also a hard game.
I own a TNA and as I said I love the guys at Spooky. They sold out of this game already so any negativity wont have an effect on their sales.
I forgot I have to spell things out when I post on Pinside. Especially for Rarehero.

My post wasn't directed at you, so no worries. As I said, I completely understand someone not liking a theme. And yes, the game does look difficult. I get that it may be a brickfest, I don't know yet.

#6843 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey guys, JP is a GOAT candidate, Elvira is freaking fantastic and STH is so cool and the UV mod is awesome, yes THEME matters and STH will prob outsell em all.
Stern is on such a roll that I’ve decided I’m in on the next game sight unseen!!!
Yeehaw!!!!! Bring it on baby

Donald, is that you?

#6844 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yes...but.....TMNT!!!!!

Does anyone have any hard evidence that the next game is in fact TNMT?

#6845 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Wasn’t directed at you, brother. Hilton tried to claim that Stern has only sold around 200 premiums/LEs total. Not that anybody believed his numbers, but you pin gives proof otherwise.

His pin is proof that they made 500 LE plaques.

#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Does anyone have any hard evidence that the next game is in fact TNMT?

This is solid proof Stern recently put out, that TMNT Is coming soon (see the turtle left of the pinball machine?):

83DD864E-0912-4327-9D17-D304BB014A4D (resized).jpeg83DD864E-0912-4327-9D17-D304BB014A4D (resized).jpeg
#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Wasn’t directed at you, brother. Hilton tried to claim that Stern has only sold around 200 premiums/LEs total. Not that anybody believed his numbers, but you pin gives proof otherwise.

Think it’s been stated quite a few times Stern don’t put the plaques on in order, which is fine as it would be a waste of time keeping them in order.

Games built, a plaque is pulled out of a box/bin, fixed to game, game goes out the factory.

#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

This is solid proof Stern recently put out, that TMNT Is coming soon (see the turtle left of the pinball machine?):[quoted image]

By that, you could also infer it's putting out a Aqua Teen Hunger Force machine next...

#6849 4 years ago

Here is what I think.

Every game has stuff pulled out in order to make BOM. Everybody knows this. Usually, we have no idea what features were yanked.

I seem to recall a discussion around Ghostbusters launch about some sort of lighting feature being pulled.

I think at that time, people said things like, “At least give us the chance to add these things to our game.”, and “I’d gladly pay extra for this extra feature. An after market mod won’t be able to be coded in like this etc etc”

This feature is unnecessary. It was presumably pulled to make a set BOM. Perhaps The designer chose to prioritize assets and mechs. I don’t know.

I don’t yet own this game, but I’m seriously considering a Premium. I had loads of fun on the Pro last weekend.

I would DEFINITELY buy the UV lighting kit if I bought the pin. No brainer.

I DO agree it should have been included in the LE. That would have been the best of all worlds. Include it in the LE, and give Pro and Premium buyers the chance to upgrade.

As it stands, it totally doesn’t bother me. There are WAY more important things to worry about.

#6850 4 years ago

I'm assuming Rarehero is posting in this thread?

THAT is why i'm busting balls. So many Bricks buyers hopping into the STH with no skin in the pin other than to take a dump on the game.

Who cares what those Brick shills think? Especially if you have to tear down a game to make yourself feel better about your purchase.

I too am very happy for Spooky pinball. A great success story. So is Stern, JJP, CGC, AP and hopefully Deeproot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 39.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.