IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 144.
#6701 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Oh they care - they just don't want to face that music. Your 'I dont care' is really 'I dont want to hear that'

What intent? That Stern has something to sell you? What world are you coming from where that's never been the intent? Did Stern tell you something different than "Here is my product, please buy it"?

Most certainly -- especially when they refuse to listen to someone trying to reason with them.

They are selling stuff... what 'benefit to the customer' were you expecting when a company offers you a product to buy?

This is a bad business practice. Period. It's an opinion, but it's an opinion shared by many. Seriously, if I have to explain this (which I know I don't) then there's nothing more to say between us. If you think it's acceptable, we have differing opinions on integrity.

#6702 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

with le prices collapsing on the secondary market this might not be way off.
i would buy a loaded huo sth le for 5500 but i dont think its worth 10k for the new one.

Yep, I'm looking forward to picking up a loaded LE for $6300 in two years.

It'll have finished code, someone else will have done all the work dialing it in and installing accessories, and I'll save a shitload of money.

#6703 4 years ago

Picked my LE up today built this week

44D4FA27-3774-44AC-9AB1-ED7157724621 (resized).jpeg44D4FA27-3774-44AC-9AB1-ED7157724621 (resized).jpeg693595BF-E416-4840-8FCC-A73B4B75212D (resized).jpeg693595BF-E416-4840-8FCC-A73B4B75212D (resized).jpegACBAF810-8620-46DC-BA7E-B5897F3BF355 (resized).jpegACBAF810-8620-46DC-BA7E-B5897F3BF355 (resized).jpegDB26BFF9-3D21-4519-98AC-11F7FB653D16 (resized).jpegDB26BFF9-3D21-4519-98AC-11F7FB653D16 (resized).jpeg
#6704 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

That's absolutely ridiculous.

It'll be $3,000. What with the bubble bursting and all.

#6705 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think one pinball podcaster slash pinball sales guy showed his true colors by posting a link to buy this mod, then spamming basically every single facebook pinball group with the same info! What Stern did here is a joke! They put blacklight paint into the playfield then after they shipped ALL OF THE LE's they announce this for sale! They knew going it this was going to happen so pay $9200 and you don't get a blacklight for that feature?
Stern has got into the mod business, they're making more money. Jersey Jack would never do such a thing. This is beyond even Stern.
But wait the games don't work the balls are getting stuck left and right why didn't they just take the time to fix that issue before ever trying to make a mod.
I guess they had to get the game on the line doesn't matter if the game works. I know of only one podcast that will call this issue straight down the middle!!!

Hey Dr. Dude, you have ZERO credibility lecturing ANYONE on how to conduct their business and treat customers! LOL

#6706 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looks boring if that is the best they’ve got. Is this the last season for STh?

LOL man you guys are so fiercely "on brand" once the hate train starts rolling!

I have good news for you, that wasn't actually Season 4, it's just 40 seconds of footage for what they call a "teaser." The actual season will have about 10 shows which are all 45 minutes or so long. So they may actually have "better" to offer than that brief footage of some dudes laying railroad track in the snow.

#6707 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you think it's acceptable, we have differing opinions on integrity

No, I just don't like the offer - I'm not going to make up tales to try to justify my opinion and I'll question those who spin doctor something to try to justify theirs.

I think it should have been part of the normal game offer instead of as an accessory. But that's because I think the game was pretty barren and deserved something like it - not because "LEs are supposed to have everything!" or "they knew they were going to do it!!" postulations. I think the game was in need of more.

The idea Stern wants to sell more parts as accessories vs including them in the base games... it's a simple productization question/choice. Not some twist on 'benefit the customer' etc non-sense. It is a simple product strategy. You either like it... or you don't. There is no need to try to make this into some nefarious thing. All the high drama about 'there was something in the game...' that they planned ahead and/or didn't tell you about is all just crap people use to help justify their emotional response to being asked to pay for something instead of getting it included. That's what it really boils down to.

I think the strategy leads to an interesting question... if they would move towards modular sales. In the sense of instead of something being an 'exclusive' that had to be bought with the game... if pro/prem just become 'bundles' of things.. and the things you can buy a la carte afterwards if you want. Main reason not to do this I think is economies of scale and 'locked in' sales. By forcing someone to buy a premium instead of a bunch of accessories they can better forecast inventory, economies of scale, and force people to buy things they may not have bought if given the choice. Stern is probably doing better forcing you to overpay for 5 things to get the 2 you want... vs the markup they could make just selling you the two items you wanted.

#6708 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'll pick this up used when someone already has spent the extra money and time to install it, and ill be able to get the thing for $7400-7500 in a few months. This kind of tactic will simply hurt NIB sales over time.
That way the code is matured, game is cheaper, and the original owner forks up the cash for the trickle of withheld parts Stern will sell a few weeks/months after the game ships.

Quoted from aingide:

It'll have finished code, someone else will have done all the work dialing it in and installing accessories, and I'll save a shitload of money.

Note to self: Don't sell to these cheap bastards.

#6709 4 years ago

While the handful of Stern defenders stays exactly the same day after day.....the number of Stern defectors grows day after day. The tide has finally turned on Stern pinball. Their disrespect for their customers is starting to make them lose more and more of them.

#6710 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

While the handful of Stern defenders stays exactly the same day after day.....the number of Stern defectors grows day after day. The tide has finally turned on Stern pinball. Their disrespect for their customers is starting to make them lose more and more of them.

People been spouting this nonsense for years. The "stern defectors" are growing?

It's the same "defenders" and "defectors" every day, "day after day," saying the same horseshit!

Welcome to Pinside.

#6711 4 years ago

Unfortunately, I don’t agree CL. I love Stern. Love my AC/DC and Walking Dead and Jurassic. But they are having too many mis-steps here recently and it will cost them heavily in sales.

#6712 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Unfortunately, I don’t agree CL. I love Stern. Love my AC/DC and Walking Dead and Jurassic. But they are having too many mis-steps here recently and it will cost them heavily in sales.

Well, let's quantify this. Any predictions? Layoffs? Bankruptcy? Tits up in a year?

How do you think these ongoing scandals and the mass "defections" are going to tangibly harm Stern in the near future?

Not asking for any bets, I'm not the type, but may be fun to revisit these predictions in a year or so, a la "A Dark Night for Stern."

I mean, even YOU didn't say you are "defecting," you just said how much you love your three Stern games.

#6713 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, let's quantify this. Any predictions? Layoffs? Bankruptcy? Tits up in a year?
How do you think these ongoing scandals and the mass "defections" are going to tangibly harm Stern in the near future?
Not asking for any bets, I'm not the type, but may be fun to revisit these predictions in a year or so, a la "A Dark Night for Stern."

It all depends on the next two titles. If TNMT and Led Zepplin have the same reaction / sales results as Stranger Things, they could be for some difficult times. But if you think the decisions behind Stranger Things and the sales results that came from them don't drive decisions on future titles you are wrong. They will adapt if the numbers tell them they were stupid.

#6714 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It all depends on the next two titles. If TNMT and Led Zepplin have the same reaction / sales results as Stranger Things

Stranger Things is selling just fine. They seem to be everywhere.

#6715 4 years ago

They are probably selling tons of those kits whilst laughing uncontrollably at this thread

#6716 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People been spouting this nonsense for years. The "stern defectors" are growing?
It's the same "defenders" and "defectors" every day, "day after day," saying the same horseshit!
Welcome to Pinside.

And yet somehow Stern keeps selling the shit out of pinball machines!

Can’t fight the FACTS people!

These same handful of fickle FOMO geniuses WILL be right back at the Stern feeding trough soon enough. We all know it!

So I’ll grab my popcorn, play my great games, and pop a top for ongoing show

#6717 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Says who? You? And these other random whiners on here. This argument is still going on?

If you guys really think this is a big deal how do you make it through on a daily basis

#6718 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern keeps selling the shit out of pinball machines!

I don't doubt this at all, but don't they force distributors to hold stock? This means they can keep the line moving at a steady pace... but it may not mean end users are buying at 2016-2018 rates.

They certainly have had some missteps lately - Beatles were discounted to $6800 on one website recently, there were a lot of issues with STH that have certainly cut into some sales, they didn't sell out the STH LE's, they didn't sell out the Elvira Signature Editions, BM66 Catwoman was supposedly a dud, they're obviously (re)vaulting IM again for a reason, and there's a lot of pinball dollars going to R&M/MBr/Wonka. On top of that, SW Home Edition looks like a complete failure. Though not the best data, SW Home Ed. has 8 owners on Pinside, while something like MET Pro (the gold standard for the longest time for "bang for your buck") has almost 900 owners.

I don't think the sky is falling in the slightest, but there are some easily visible indicators that hint they may not be hitting their projections. They could have even better growth during this economy if they didn't piss off a fair amount of customers. They really need to be more of a consumer-connected company than touting "lifestyle brand" B.S. and nickle and diming the customers that got them to where they are now. It just seems in this hobby, for every defector they create, a newbie enters the hobby... which is fine for the hobby, but doesn't mean Stern hasn't lost out on a lot of potential sales in 2019-2020 from repeat customers, and it's all because of choices they made.

#6719 4 years ago

Anyone else experience this before?

Literally typing this in front of the machine. STHLE. 36 hours new.

I was shooting to knock down the default 130 mil GC... I had just finished MB and completed all lanes to start Isolation mode. I then shot all isolation shots and right as the next part of the mode was starting I shot the center scoop shot and immediately the entire machine shut down and did a hard reset.

If not experienced I imagine someone would want the logs right?

#6720 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I was shooting to knock down the default 130 mil GC... I had just finished MB and completed all lanes to start Isolation mode. I then shot all isolation shots and right as the next part of the mode was starting I shot the center scoop shot and immediately the entire machine shut down and did a hard reset.

Probably a hidden feature they haven't revealed yet.

sorry..couldn't resist.

#6721 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

[email protected]
[email protected]

#6722 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Occasional hard resets aren’t uncommon on Spike games. If it keeps happening regularly take it up with Stern.

#6723 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Note to self: Don't sell to these cheap bastards.

Don't hate! Enjoy the NIB experience. I've got money into NIB LEs that tanked...there's no shame in waiting it out.

In any case, I don't think there will be a problem finding premiums/LEs on the second-hand market. Unless they sell so few that only diehards buy them, then I could be in trouble.

#6724 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

The new .84 code seems to have reset issues. As others have said, report this ASAP.

#6725 4 years ago

I think what is funniest is someone calling people who don't want to pay 9k for a pinball machine cheap bastards.

#6726 4 years ago

Latest accessory posted on the Stern store

stern (resized).JPGstern (resized).JPG
#6727 4 years ago

im not going to be surprised if stern releases an edition of STH that will include the UV lighting kit. they can call it the 'greed is good' SLE and replace the bash toy with the demo-gordon-gecko.
demo-gordon-gecko (resized).jpgdemo-gordon-gecko (resized).jpg

#6728 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well at least you admit what you say is horseshit...........that’s progress in my book.

#6729 4 years ago

Hey guys, JP is a GOAT candidate, Elvira is freaking fantastic and STH is so cool and the UV mod is awesome, yes THEME matters and STH will prob outsell em all.

Stern is on such a roll that I’ve decided I’m in on the next game sight unseen!!!

Yeehaw!!!!! Bring it on baby

#6730 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Well at least you admit what you say is horseshit...........that’s progress in my book.

So no predictions then, just vague foreboding warnings of undefined doom for Stern?

Glad we all got our horseshit in order.

#6731 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Probably a hidden feature they haven't revealed yet.
sorry..couldn't resist.

He didn’t pay for it, so that can’t be it.

#6732 4 years ago

Updating code on Elvira right now

Hitting some Nebular escape next

Don’t you guys have anything to play yet?

Giddy up

#6733 4 years ago

I've decided i'm gonna rearrange the room this weekend to create my Hall of Fame Row that will have....

JP, Elvira, STH and TWD side by side!

When you are giddy you gotta giddy up!!!

#6734 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

i'm gonna rearrange the room this weekend to create my Hall of Fame Row that will have....

So it's less of a Baseball Hall of Fame, and more of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

#6735 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

So it's less of a Baseball Hall of Fame, and more of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

I don't know Yoko, I'm just getting a tingle up my leg watching all these un boxings of STHLE and mine is coming next week.

Wife is bitching at me right now for some V day action BUT my Elvira code update is going painfully slow so she has to wait!

#6736 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Picked my LE up today built this week[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wait a second! How can this be numbered 464 if they only sold 200 premium/LEs?

#6737 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well it’s $8600 for one thing
I would buy a loaded Bricks for $3500. Lol
If pigs had wings they could fly

uv kit, delivery, topper, taxes. brings LE up to Ten Thousand Dollars. what about other misc mod shooter rod etc?
thats alot of money for average person to pay for an average game.

#6738 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Gotta pay $129 for the full version of Isolation mode.

#6739 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey Dr. Dude, you have ZERO credibility lecturing ANYONE on how to conduct their business and treat customers! LOL

Hey coming from someone who posts on this site 24 hours a day that means a lot. And you know what I've bought sold and traded tons of games. I own several amusement attractions with google ratings, facebook ratings of nearly 5.0. I've built attractions sold MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of dollars of attractions and my customers all get 5.0 brother. Don't lecture me about customer service when all you do is sit on this site and whine all day long.

Go get another drink from the bar brother as I hear that is all you do all day long drink yourself to death! Have fun! You don't know me and honestly I could care less what you think. I have bought and sold over $400,000.0 worth of pinball games and that is a fact. Not one person whom I have bought a game from or sold a game too would agree with what you just said.

Stern is trying to cash in on people's passion for pinball and I think they've gone to far. My opinion you stick to your opinions and everything will be fine. I'll see you at TPF and I'll make sure I bring you a bottle of JACK to make up for it. LOL

#6740 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Don’t know. Was built 2-7-2020

#6741 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Hey coming from someone who posts on this site 24 hours a day that means a lot. And you know what I've bought sold and traded tons of games. I own several amusement attractions with google ratings, facebook ratings of nearly 5.0. I've built attractions sold MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of dollars of attractions and my customers all get 5.0 brother. Don't lecture me about customer service when all you do is sit on this site and whine all day long.
Go get another drink from the bar brother as I hear that is all you do all day long drink yourself to death! Have fun!

Nobody gives a shit about you two knuckleheads having a dick measuring contest. Take it to PM.

#6742 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Don’t know. Was built 2-7-2020

Wasn’t directed at you, brother. Hilton tried to claim that Stern has only sold around 200 premiums/LEs total. Not that anybody believed his numbers, but you pin gives proof otherwise.

#6743 4 years ago

I'm happy to report that the company I bought my Stranger Things from came by my location and worked on the game for HOURS, and fixed the game so the ball no longer gets stuck. I hope everyone else's games work.

#6744 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nothing.
No Vaginas on Sticks being turned into Bash Toys because they don't work as designed.
No 'Hidden Features' being offered at additional expense.
It's really just sad!

But wait there's more...…. for a one off price of $49.99 you can get your Vagina on a stick to vibrate!
Send no money now and with four easy payment of $12.25..
Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.

#6745 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No Vaginas on Sticks being turned into Bash Toys because they don't work as designed.

I think the scientific term is "Gelgamek Vagina". Actually, maybe that feature should be called the Gelga-mech.

#6746 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Picked my LE up today built this week[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Who knows why I’m on the projector?!

#6747 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

uv kit, delivery, topper, taxes. brings LE up to Ten Thousand Dollars. what about other misc mod shooter rod etc?
thats alot of money for average person to pay for an average game.

This isn’t Bricks Robo. Check yourself.

No tax, no delivery fee, no crappy topper

Boom boom

#6748 4 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You realize these come from distros right? The plaque numbers don't reflect sales numbers.

#6749 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wife is bitching at me right now for some V day action BUT my Elvira code update is going painfully slow so she has to wait!

When you repeatedly brick the DemoGorgon shot make sure you assure her :
"the next code update will make that unnecessary, honey. Happy Valentine's Day.".

#6750 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Go get another drink from the bar brother as I hear that is all you do all day long drink yourself to death! Have fun! You don't know me and honestly I could care less what you think. I have bought and sold over $400,000.0 worth of pinball games and that is a fact. Not one person whom I have bought a game from or sold a game too would agree with what you just said.
Stern is trying to cash in on people's passion for pinball and I think they've gone to far. My opinion you stick to your opinions and everything will be fine. I'll see you at TPF and I'll make sure I bring you a bottle of JACK to make up for it. LOL

Hey numb nuts. That’s chump change. I’ll be at TPF. Come find me. I’ll happily straighten your ass out. Lol. And I will buy because you can’t afford it coin pusher

I’m the best multi tasker you have ever seen! Takes me a few minutes to answer stupid BS

Keep dicking people around and see how that goes

Ever paid a Pinside fee selling a game? Nope. Pathetic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/135?hl=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.