IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 144.
#6551 4 years ago

Stern Pinball Stranger Things UV Lighting Kit

- Custom interactive code will activate lighting during dramatic events and experiences throughout game play, immersing players into the Stranger Things universe

- Available in Pro Version (item # 502-7118-Q1) and Premium/LE Version (item # 502-7118-Q2)

Kit contains: New bottom arch w/LEDs installed, 8 new butyrates/plastics w/UV reactive ink, ramp LED boards mounted on install brackets, and fasteners

Pricing: $279 (Purchase directly from Stern Pinball shop.sternpinball.com or from your authorized dealer/distributor)

***Picture shown below is the Pro Version Kit with plastic arch. The Prem/LE Kit includes a powdercoated steel arch

IMG_7569 (resized).JPGIMG_7569 (resized).JPG

#6552 4 years ago

Stern...

kpfERr6 (resized).jpgkpfERr6 (resized).jpg
#6553 4 years ago

Looks like a sloppy pain in the ass for no real benefit. They did people a favor by not installing these factory, not everybody wants their playfield to look like the black light room at Spencer's.

Oh no! I'm shilling again!

#6554 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

- Custom interactive code will activate lighting during dramatic events and experiences throughout game play, immersing players into the Stranger Things universe
- Available in Pro Version (item # 502-7118-Q1) and Premium/LE Version (item # 502-7118-Q2)
Kit contains: New bottom arch w/LEDs installed, 8 new butyrates/plastics w/UV reactive ink, ramp LED boards mounted on install brackets, and fasteners
Pricing: $279 (Purchase directly from Stern Pinball shop.sternpinball.com or from your authorized dealer/distributor)[quoted image]

Looks pretty good, seems like a fair price. Much better than that Pin Stadium stuff.

#6555 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You never struck me as a union guy.

please add to the forum instead of useless commentary. vote with your wallets.

#6556 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Stranger Things - The Good - The Bad - and the Ugly
After playing the PRO and the PRO only I said right here that the game overall was a cash grab, that little to no effort was put into the game to create the theme from the show. As people debating if the projector would or wouldn't work I said it would work but those types of projectors would lose their brightness over time. The real focus should be on is this or isn't this a good game!
So despite bashing the game, and well a game that has now fallen all the way to 258 in the ratings I will list the good the bad and the really ugly about this game and stern in general.
I got an LE because of the THEME! Theme to me is everything in pinball and because I have one of the WORLDS biggest haunted houses, and at the exit we have all types of horror themed games. I dont 'think Munsters is a very good game (great artwork) but the game itself is boring. I bought that as well because of theme. I don't care about the current value of Munsters (a lot less than I paid) because I'm not selling it today or ever.
Moving on... THE GOOD!
The LE is way better than the PRO by a long shot. In the case of a game like Deadpool I don't see a true reason not to go with the PRO, same with many Stern games. But in the case of Stranger Things you need a Premium or an LE because the projector MOD is amazing. It gives a pinball game an entire new look. This new mod is GOOD for pinball because it means someone is thinking outside the box and honestly I hope someone does it again!
Turning the entire playfield into a blacklight look is amazing even though it should have BEEN INCLUDED with an LE... that is ridiculous! Still shows Stern really thinking outside the box (GOOD). The Ball Lock is really clever again PROPS to Stern. So in short the GOOD is Stern really did try to create something here that was TOTALLY different. I give them two thumbs up!
THE BAD:
Stern should have added more toys especially on the LE... the flashers could have vine covers, it could use a demi dog or something anything. I think so much was put into the main feature they forgot about the rest of the game. This is the bad. Even with all this I like the game I think its actually pretty cool innovative and think mod companies will make up the difference. So I like the game UNTIL WE GET TO THE UGLY!
The UGLY:
NOW THIS IS WHERE THE REAL UGLY KICKS IN... forget the fact that Stern knew about the Blacklight Mod, and didn't include it on the LE because honestly that is HORRIBLE OF THEM! Forget the fact that I got my game and had to take it apart because the project cords aren't even plugged in... SAD but true.
The real UGLY is this game shouldn't have EVER made it out of the factory and into your HOMES! The game simply doesn't WORK!
1) Ugly #1: You can activate a fight with the demi monster my game goes under that mech but comes back adn the drop targets are up catching the ball. The ramp comes down and can't because its hitting the ball, then you shoot balls at a ramp that is about 1/2 inch off the playfield. I'm sure the motor is also straining to get the ramp all the way down. A SERIOUS FLAW they should have fixed before shipping a single game.
2) Ugly #2: I haven't been able to play EVEN ONE SINGLE GAME NOT ONE without the ball getting lost behind the main feature. The machine then takes about 2 minutes trying to find it while you sit there. Then the game says the HELL WITH IT... you LOSE that ball and if that was your 3rd ball the game is over. Then the next game you knock that stuck ball out now you have two balls flying around you drain the first one and obviously your flippers get shut down. I even played one game where TWO BALLS got lost so both got knocked free from playing the game. THIS IS JUST UGLY!
There is NO WAY IN HELL that Stern didn't know this was a problem!!!!!!!!!!!! I talked to other people having the same exact problem.
I had this same exact problem on Elvira we had to remove parts to fix that issue.
As I said before and I will say again... STERN IS NOT THE BEST PINBALL COMPANY THEY'RE JUST THE QUICKEST TO MARKET!
So okay I'll add more UGLY... you pay $9200 for the game, no topper, no toys, not even this blacklight mod are you kidding me plus the game doesn't even WORK!
I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER STERN GAME until they address these issues. I'm done with Stern. Elvira had a ton of problems and so does this one... do they even CARE ANYMORE?
They knew this game had these issues they should have SPENT ANOTHER however many months to FIX IT but no they shipped it anyway.
Sad day for Stern!
BTW I'm PISSED AT JJP as well (LOL)... Why haven't you released GNR there has never been a more perfect time than RIGHT NOW to stomp all over Stern. But wait ... maybe its because when JJP releases a game it comes more or less fully coded. Maybe they just want their game to be done when a consumer buys the game. Just maybe.
[quoted image]

Official stern toy upgrade kit soon to hit… Watch for the official dead flip toy reveal stream coming soon!

One Demi dog $99.95 with upgradable UV light plastic to go underneath for only $49.95 more!

#6557 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Pricing: $279 (Purchase directly from Stern Pinball shop.sternpinball.com or from your authorized dealer/distributor)
***Picture shown below is the Pro Version Kit with plastic arch. The Prem/LE Kit includes a powdercoated steel arch
[quoted image]

Watch them not work right.

#6559 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I hope stern comes out with more surprises, this game keeps getting better and better.

Like a booted foot that comes out of the coin door and kicks you in the nuts?

#6560 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

[quoted image]

How can there be all that stuff?? I was told it was all already built-into the game and stern just hid it!!

#6561 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Like a booted foot that comes out of the coin door and kicks you in the nuts?

pretty soon you will be able to order “upgrades” right from your pin. i can picture advertisements scrolling thru the color dmd for upgrades and even advertisements for other companies like netflix and amazon.
why not?

#6562 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's not that simple. Pinstadiums aren't going to be interactive with the pin and code

I think Scott figured it out and it will be way cheaper than sterns kit. Won’t get the plastics obviously and the will mount different, so you’ll have to weigh that in your decision.

#6563 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think Scott figured it out and it will be way cheaper than sterns kit. Won’t get the plastics obviously and the will mount different, so you’ll have to weigh that in your decision.

I'd be super curious to see how much integration there is since stern's kit included a proprietary mini node board for this. Hopefully we get details soon.

#6564 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'd be super curious to see how much integration there is since stern's kit included a proprietary mini node board for this. Hopefully we get details soon.

I believe all that is is for power. Look in the manual. The uv controls are on the node board under the playfield by the flippers.

#6565 4 years ago

Nice job Stern can't wait to get these installed in my premium. Keep knocking it out if the park!!

#6566 4 years ago

Just leaked,

The next Stern "MOD" kit for the upcoming TMNT Pro/Prem/LE machines

TMNT (resized).jpgTMNT (resized).jpg
#6567 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just leaked,
The next Stern "MOD" kit for the upcoming TMNT Pro/Prem/LE machines[quoted image]

Bohica. Lol

Don’t use it all up man, you will need it for Bricks too

#6568 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bohica. Lol
Don’t use it all up man, you will need it for Bricks too

#6569 4 years ago

On the blacklight add-on. Stern missed a huge opportunity to WOW their LE buyers. Imagine if they said...Upgrade your game and now look what it can do! Don't like it, turn it off in the settings. That would be worth in gain so much long term loyalty....but no...

I support Stern making a profit, even a huge profit. But this looks bad for Stern in the long run by ripping off their most loyal customers. Some people don't like upgrading their machines, that why they bought the best version. I know, many will say....Thank you!!!...may I have another, but not this guy.

#6570 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe all that is is for power. Look in the manual. The uv controls are on the node board under the playfield by the flippers.

Nice.. right there on existing Node9 board. Unless Stern has rolled out some sort of software key mech... Guess knock-offs of this feature will be a piece of cake.

#6571 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nice.. right there on existing Node9 board. Unless Stern has rolled out some sort of software key mech... Guess knock-offs of this feature will be a piece of cake.

Yep just saw that too, CN13 on node board 9.

#6572 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yep just saw that too, CN13 on node board 9.

CN14 - but yes.. looks like 2 LED drivers .. should be plenty for someone to simply 'follow' that and map to their own work.

#6573 4 years ago

Honestly I think you guys are all out to lunch... I think Stern hid this on purpose thinking it would be a GOOD thing and everyone would be excited about it after the fact... It just seems like nowadays on here Stern, JJP, Spooky nobody can do anything right. You guys will find a way to bitch about something...

I have games from all era's and from each company, guess what they all have dimples if you look close enough. I've bought NIB games from all of them as well and i've had to tweak / fix games from each company aswell... Its all part of the hobby, stop bitchin about every little thing and play pinball...

#6574 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

CN14 - but yes.. looks like 2 LED drivers .. should be plenty for someone to simply 'follow' that and map to their own work.

Ah yes sorry CN14

#6575 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's a thought. What if your shooter rod in the future was tied to a PCB board that had interactive game function that was unlocked per user account...such as opening a diverter that allowed the ball to travel only one way (and not the skill shot route) unless it was subscribed and activated.. It already exists in the JP amber rod mod, everything but the account and hardware activity...That rod is tied to CN15, it's just not connected to a paywall. Yet Interactive hardware may become a rampant thing. Side armor and legs that reacts to gameplay and modes...Stern could develop an army of plug n play parts if people are willing to pay for them...all behind a sole user software account that renders the device useless upon resale...Hmmm the $$$$ that has yet to be made...

That's fine...higher prices, less features and lower quality....the exact recipe needed for more pinball companies to jump into the market....the short term monetary gain won't keep pace with the bad will it creates. The signs are already out there, BKSoR didn't sell well, Stranger things should have been a Juggernaut title and it too is struggling....meanwhile Spooky sells out their game in half a day.

#6576 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Honestly I think you guys are all out to lunch... I think Stern hid this on purpose thinking it would be a GOOD thing and everyone would be excited about it after the fact... It just seems like nowadays on here Stern, JJP, Spooky nobody can do anything right. You guys will find a way to bitch about something...
I have games from all era's and from each company, guess what they all have dimples if you look close enough. I've bought NIB games from all of them as well and i've had to tweak / fix games from each company aswell... Its all part of the hobby, stop bitchin about every little thing and play pinball...

Give me $9k. I’ve got some balls you can play with.

People will buy anything now, and is bad to critique!!! My dimpled balls, now for sale! Step on up, Pinsiders! I’ll put them in a box, I hear ya love boxes! $300 and I’ll shine a blacklight on them while you slap ‘em around!!! Something might glow under UV light!!! Woohoo! Everything is fun! Everything is good! Buy buy buy!

My balls are brought to you by Sack @ Flippin’ Out.

#6577 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

go to the rick and morty thread and see how happy customers are to get a free topper from spooky. that was a good thing.

#6578 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

go to the rick and morty thread and see how happy customers are to get a free topper from spooky. that was a good thing.

Listen I have an Alice and its one of my fav games I own. I'm excited to see where Spooky take there games although I passed on RM because of the Theme... They are on a roll but nobody was really backing them this much when Rob Zombie came out.... Wait until they have a miss and you guys will be stomping on them to

#6579 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Looks pretty good, seems like a fair price. Much better than that Pin Stadium stuff.

Then good luck installing this in any other game.
Do you even understand what you are commenting on?

#6580 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Give me $9k. I’ve got some balls you can play with.
People will buy anything now, and is bad to critique!!! My dimpled balls, now for sale! Step on up, Pinsiders! I’ll put them in a box, I hear ya love boxes! $300 and I’ll shine a blacklight on them while you slap ‘em around!!! Something might glow under UV light!!! Woohoo! Everything is fun! Everything is good! Buy buy buy!
My balls are brought to you by Sack @ Flippin’ Out.

Great post by the way

#6581 4 years ago

I find it kind of odd that people keep mocking the "buy buy buy!" thing that Zach does when it's actually from his pinball market place bit involving good deals on used machines not NIB pins (I'm pretty sure at least). Just such an weird thing to mock when talking about price gouging by manufacturers.

#6582 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

pretty soon you will be able to order “upgrades” right from your pin.

*Dials 1 (900) Stern Pin*

"Congratulations on Locking Ball 3!"

"To start your MultiBall, please select from the following Menu..."

#6583 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just leaked,
The next Stern "MOD" kit for the upcoming TMNT Pro/Prem/LE machines[quoted image]

nice item # lol!

#6584 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Then good luck installing this in any other game.
Do you even understand what you are commenting on?

Yes.

One of the things that is great about pin stadiums is that you can move it from game to game then straight into the f'n' garbage.

#6585 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

This is business 101.

Stern hid this because they planned on cross-selling this feature from the beginning to make money. I've got nothing wrong with the practice of cross-selling itself, but there's no way they hid this because they thought it would create excitement after the fact. If they wanted to create excitement and do their fan base a solid, they would've installed these into the LE's unannounced and then offered it as a cross-sell for Pros and Premiums.

Instead, the vast majority of buyers and potential future NIB customers are left wondering if any game that is purchased in the future will be lacking items under the glass that directly have an impact on the experience itself with code and mech integration. Quite simply put, as a business they violated the trust of their consumers. If they're really wanting to build a lifestyle brand, in which a core foundation of that function is brand loyalty through consumer trust, they have made quite the error in judgment with how this product was rolled out.

#6586 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

This is business 101.
Stern hid this because they planned on cross-selling this feature from the beginning to make money. I've got nothing wrong with the practice of cross-selling itself, but there's no way they hid this because they thought it would create excitement after the fact. If they wanted to create excitement and do their fan base a solid, they would've installed these into the LE's unannounced and then offered it as a cross-sell for Pros and Premiums.
Instead, the vast majority of buyers and potential future NIB customers are left wondering if any game that is purchased in the future will be lacking items under the glass that directly have an impact on the experience itself with code and mech integration. Quite simply put, as a business they violated the trust of their consumers. If they're really wanting to build a lifestyle brand, in which a core foundation of that function is brand loyalty through consumer trust, they have made quite the error in judgment with how this product was rolled out.

Agreed, any future pins will have to be evaluated on a wait and see basis to determine what I'm really buying, which stinks because I have a game room just waiting to be filled up, plus I'm new to the hobby and bought 2 NIB premiums this year already. I don't like sales pitches, scams and surprises... I've walked out of many cash car deals and other major purchases over simply hundreds of dollars because sales principles started floating into the gray areas and trust was broken..My money is loyal if the brand is. Love Stern games but they need to walk this one back for the home user market.

#6587 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Agreed, any future pins will have to be evaluated on a wait and see basis to determine what I'm really buying, which stinks because I have a game room just waiting to be filled up, plus I'm new to the hobby and bought 2 NIB premiums this year already. I don't like sales pitches, scams and surprises... I've walked out of many cash car deals and other major purchases over simply hundreds of dollars because sales principles started floating into the gray areas and trust was broken..My money is loyal if the brand is. Love Stern games but they need to walk this one back for the home user market.

blah blah blah.... so dramatic

#6588 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Agreed, any future pins will have to be evaluated on a wait and see basis to determine what I'm really buying, which stinks because I have a game room just waiting to be filled up

So In other words, exactly what everybody says in every stern thread ever. WHERE’S THE CODE?!

Well, I’m sure this time it will stick.

#6589 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

any future pins will have to be evaluated on a wait and see basis to determine what I'm really buying, which stinks because I have a game room just waiting to be filled up, plus I'm new to the hobby and bought 2 NIB premiums this year already

First world problems

#6590 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

This is business 101.

your acting like the did something illegal...... "Violated the trust of their consumers" They but UV ink on the playfield and now are selling a $300 dollar light. How do you get through the day....

#6591 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

your acting like the did something illegal...... "Violated the trust of their consumers" They but UV ink on the playfield and now are selling a $300 dollar light. How do you get through the day....

Honestly? By running and investing in multiple businesses. No one said anything about an illegal tactic. I'm speaking from a business perspective because I have actual real-world experience building brands.

#6592 4 years ago

All we can do is have fun with the nonsense and stupidity!

Everybody wants a $10k game for $5k. It's the way of the country these days you know.

And all of the geniuses that think they know the numbers and how easy it is to run a pinball company and employ hundreds of people in making these games. Amazing.

I'll play along.

#6593 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Honestly? By running and investing in multiple businesses. No one said anything about an illegal tactic. I'm speaking from a business perspective because I have actual real-world experience building brands.

You and Chris need to give Gary a call, they obviously have no idea what they are doing!

#6594 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I'd like to know which brands and if there still in business ... I've done the same and I collect pinball machines but I'm not on here claiming to know how their business runs...

Quoted from iceman44:

All we can do is have fun with the nonsense and stupidity!
Everybody wants a $10k game for $5k. It's the way of the country these days you know.
And all of the geniuses that think they know the numbers and how easy it is to run a pinball company and employ hundreds of people in making these games. Amazing.
I'll play along.

Agreed

#6595 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

blah blah blah.... so dramatic

Not at all, it's called being an educated rational consumer.

#6596 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Not at all, it's called being an educated rational consumer.

Coming from a guy who owns 2 Stern titles.....

#6597 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You and Chris need to give Gary a call, they obviously have no idea what they are doing!

Miscalculating one facet of a product rollout does not equal the equivalent to someone being completely ignorant in their overall business model.

Quoted from Aurium:

I'd like to know which brands and if there still in business ... I've done the same and I collect pinball machines but I'm not on here claiming to know how their business runs...

Agreed

I'm not going to divulge private information or make my equity stakes public knowledge. You asked a question on how I get through the day and I provided an answer for you. I'm not speaking or giving my opinion based on emotion, I'm giving my opinion because I recognize business tactics and understand these principles. If you disagree with my assessment then that's perfectly fine.

#6598 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Coming from a guy who owns 2 Stern titles.....

Your point?

#6599 4 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Miscalculating one facet of a product rollout does not equal the equivalent to someone being completely ignorant in their overall business model.

I'm not going to divulge private information or make my equity stakes public knowledge. You asked a question on how I get through the day and I provided an answer for you. I'm not speaking or giving my opinion based on emotion, I'm giving my opinion because I recognize business tactics and understand these principles. If you disagree with my assessment then that's perfectly fine.

You guys are acting like this is the worst thing any company has ever done....

JJP promised this big elaborate triple spinning disc mech in Pirates and opening closing chest, They take it out on final release, the game is still great... That would tick me off more than something extra that's already in the game vs something I though was in the game when I put my deposit down... This UV light is not a big deal people

#6600 4 years ago

How's that SW working out for you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/132?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.