IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 144.
#6351 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man I’m THIS close to buying a Beatles. Just waiting for that $5000 distributor blow out I keep hearing about.

This isn't free shit Friday Levi. LOL. I know you live in New York but come on brother! Your buddy Kaminkow ain't letting it go that cheap. The license itself is seven figures you cheap bastard.

Yes while you wait for the never gonna happen i've been loving my Beatles. You are correct, its a great pin!

I figure I've already played at least $6k worth of pinball on that game thus far.

#6352 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Nah, they didn't want modders to get to it before them for cheaper. This was planned, and underhanded. Sure, in the grand scheme of things it probably isn't a big deal...but after spending 9k for them to be like 'oh surprise' give us more money is pretty low.

Nobody can really mod this. You need sterns proprietary add on node board for the integration. Otherwise you just have always on UV which isn’t really the desired effect.

#6353 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The playfield turns purple during that one hurry up mode 3 Times a game?

During upside down hurry ups, all 5 demogorgon modes and the few show modes that relate to the upside down. I bet the final battle uses it too.

#6354 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But....then the F ing crybabies wouldn't have anything to cry about!
Broke, no space and yet they spend thousands on shitty plastic mods.
Yep, you guys KNOW it. This isn't about Stern really. Jealous haters is all it can be.
Because like you said, don't F ing buy it if you don't like it.

It's not even about not buying one, for me anyway, for sure the people that own this game. It's about creating and establishing NEW ways to gouge the customer, versus rewarding them for loyalty, and them clearly paying way too much for the game initially.

Bad business practices, become the new standard. Home buyers saw that happen with the LE/Collector market.

#6355 4 years ago

Stern was deceptive . This should have been included at the least for LE buyers for the price. We now buy games without completed code and now we are buying games without all the physical components ? Where does it end ? This is just plain wrong . Why are people defending this ? We have to install crap that should have been done at the factory.
Games are getting higher in cost but at the same time have less and less in them . Eventually there will be a breaking point .
This is especially a slap in the face after Spooky Pinball had such a great launch of Rick and Morty and surprised everyone with a FREE topper . Could they have made more selling them ? Sure ! It created a lot of goodwill as a freebie. Stern is opening up the floodgates for other companies to come in and offer a better pin for the money and provide better service to their customers .Stern has created bad PR with this move . We will see how it affects sales going forward. Ok fanboys ... start defending in 3,2,1

#6356 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It's not even about not buying one, for me anyway, for sure the people that own this game. It's about creating and establishing NEW ways to gouge the customer, versus rewarding them for loyalty, and them clearly paying way too much for the game initially.
Bad business practices, become the new standard. Home buyers saw that happen with the LE/Collector market.

Wes, seriously, you know i don't have my WonkaCE yet that i "clearly paid way too much for".

Most people really do get it. They buy what they like and are good consumers for the most part.

More importantly, we love great pinball experiences and $$$ is secondary despite what the hypocrites say

#6357 4 years ago

Wow, do you think a Star Wars topper for $1k is bad PR for Stern?

Or any other crappy topper that people buy up? How did that affect sales?

You can't even get a Jurassic Park shooter rod right now.

Get over yourselves people. Hypocrites and crybabies.

You pay big $$ for crap junk mods every day on every game you over pay for!!! Yes I'm guilty too.

Try and be somewhat honest with yourself. I know its hard.

#6358 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

So are you officially out on Stern? No TMNT or future Stern titles? Asking for a friend.

Great question (no joke) bc I’m really excited for tmnt. This is super dirty though. I’m trying to remind myself this is the same company that gave us JP2. Loaded and plays great. I’m hoping that company releases tmnt. Bottom line I’ll be extremely skeptical based on this.

#6359 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wes, seriously, you know i don't have my WonkaCE yet that i "clearly paid way too much for".
Most people really do get it. They buy what they like and are good consumers for the most part.
More importantly, we love great pinball experiences and $$$ is secondary despite what the hypocrites say

I remember you being excited for that CE when they were initially announced. Basically a blind buy on your part, and almost a year later....... That makes me sad.

Oh sure, ultimately if we don't find value, we don't buy it. And if it doesn't change the market, people not buying, so be it. If it does, the same.

I daily scratch my head how this hobby exists for home owners, outside of owning older preexisting games. So really, for me, I don't understand much of anything in this business.

#6360 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, do you think a Star Wars topper for $1k is bad PR for Stern?
Or any other crappy topper that people buy up? How did that affect sales?
You can't even get a Jurassic Park shooter rod right now.
Get over yourselves people. Hypocrites and crybabies.

You pay big $$ for crap junk mods every day on every game you over pay for!!! Yes I'm guilty too.
Try and be somewhat honest with yourself. I know its hard.

This is not a mod it is part of the game that should have been included and if they were smarter should have been displayed upon launch . For 9k we paid for the right to “cry” when our games are not finished and are rushed out the door far too quickly . Have you not been following all of the quality control issues lately ( not even counting playfield issues ). My ramp on Stranger Things chewing up my playfield already after a few plays . Planning on adding extra mylar or something .
Maybe the ramp protector will come out in a year for another $100.

#6361 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Nobody can really mod this. You need sterns proprietary add on node board for the integration. Otherwise you just have always on UV which isn’t really the desired effect.

Well supposedly Pinstadium already has something...(I don't know more than that).

#6362 4 years ago

So many people on pinside seem so angry, bitter, and negative...like they can't wait to get furious about something.

I'm not directing this at anybody in particular...just speaking in general. That can't be a great way to live.

But the mod if you want. Don't buy it if you don't want. We're taking about a toy...it's just pinball and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

I'm just happy there is another cool thing to the game I didn't know about. I don't think Stern is making a ton on this mod (I could be wrong) This seems more like something cool they wanted to do, and found a way to make it happen.

I'm not saying they're perfect, no company is, but I'm grateful to Stern because I have a lot of fun with the products they make.

#6363 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great question (no joke) bc I’m really excited for tmnt. This is super dirty though. I’m trying to remind myself this is the same company that gave us JP2. Loaded and plays great. I’m hoping that company releases tmnt. Bottom line I’ll be extremely skeptical based on this.

I know which is why I asked. I don't like what they did with the UV light and it's very dirty. However I can't blame Stern for trying to squeeze more money out of people for less just like Apple. People keep saying they will show Stern with their wallet but I have yet to see it happen by enough people to have any impact. I was part of the "I'm never buying another NIB Stern" club and I stuck to my guns for 6 years until they released Iron Maiden which was a dream theme for me. No regrets since I think it was one of Stern's best titles however at $8.5K I didn't feel like I was getting anything more for money they I did for my $5K NIB LOTR LE.

#6364 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just like I would be all in on a BTTF sight unseen

Anyone who says this about any Stern game from here on out deserves whatever they get.
Seriously, how could anyone in their right mind, after reading this thread, consider buying another game sight unseen??!!? I honestly think half of you people are frigging lunatics.

#6365 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

consider buying another game sight unseen??!!? think half of you people are frigging lunatics.

I don’t understand buying sight unseen from any pinball manufacturer without playing but I’m old school.
I can accept that.

#6366 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well supposedly Pinstadium already has something...(I don't know more than that).

They already have a UV mode on their existing light kits, but unless it's tied in to the Stern code, it will just always be on (or synced to a flasher?).

#6367 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

So many people on pinside seem so angry, bitter, and negative...like they can't wait to get furious about something.
I'm not directing this at anybody in particular...just speaking in general. That can't be a great way to live.
But the mod if you want. Don't buy it if you don't want. We're taking about a toy...it's just pinball and shouldn't be taken so seriously.
I'm just happy there is another cool thing to the game I didn't know about. I don't think Stern is making a ton on this mod (I could be wrong) This seems more like something cool they wanted to do, and found a way to make it happen.
I'm not saying they're perfect, no company is, but I'm grateful to Stern because I have a lot of fun with the products they make.

I guess I'm on the wrong side of this one then. I can't for the life of me figure out why this wasn't included in every machine. I'm not angry or bitter, just disappointed.

#6368 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Everyone knows you're too dehydrated to even produce one, so this is an irrelevant statement.

Diarrhea is a symptom of dehydration

#6369 4 years ago

All this arguing over this supposed "MOD"

I could care less about a topper, volume control knob, shooter rod, etc. Those are MODS.

Sad that I feel this "UV MOD" almost is a necessity to fully enjoy the game or it will feel incomplete. Literally, its a feature that should have been standard and now they make you pay for it in order to get the 'full' experience of the modes. If buying this game, you almost have to buy this "MOD" and install it right out of the box or it's going to feel like something is missing.

Well, because it is. And they want almost 300 fuckin bucks (with shipping) to put it back in.

This is NOT comparable to other "MODS" sorry.

#6370 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I guess I'm on the wrong side of this one then. I can't for the life of me figure it why this wasn't included in every machine. I'm not angry or bitter, just disappointed.

I have no clue about Stern's business model, profit margin, BOM details, or anything like that. I could be wrong, but this feels like something they wanted to do, and this was they way they could get it done. Maybe they also wanted to have some fun and surprise people...I don't know.

I'm a pretty laid back guy, so maybe I'm the oddball, but I spend more than $280 on stupid crap all the time...including pinball mods, so personally, I'm just excited about this.

#6371 4 years ago

Well is it pretty cool looking!

#6372 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

I know which is why I asked. I don't like what they did with the UV light and it's very dirty. However I can't blame Stern for trying to squeeze more money out of people for less just like Apple. People keep saying they will show Stern with their wallet but I have yet to see it happen by enough people to have any impact. I was part of the "I'm never buying another NIB Stern" club and I stuck to my guns for 6 years until they released Iron Maiden which was a dream theme for me. No regrets since I think it was one of Stern's best titles however at $8.5K I didn't feel like I was getting anything more for money they I did for my $5K NIB LOTR LE.

I don’t support the never Stern or never JJP or never _____ club b/c IMO, these companies all make mistakes. I’m just as vocal to support a company when they do well (see my JP2 posts) as I am when they bend you over backwards (see this thread). Stern is testing the market for how much they can bend this community before it breaks and it’s up to us to not support this type of BS. Shills will shill so that’s expected but call those fools out too. Believe me they don’t help the situation.

Open mind on everything that is released and judge based on product and approach. This approach is disgusting. Period.

#6373 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Literally, its a feature that should have been standard and now they make you pay for it in order to get the 'full' experience of the modes. If buying this game, you almost have to buy this "MOD" and install it right out of the box or it's going to feel like something is missing.

10hrs ago... no one felt this way. And people spent 5-9k based on those feelings.

No one bought with a false expectation of what the game was. The game was revealed and people bought based on what they saw. Not based on some UV kit they felt was coming.. or was lacking.

#6374 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don’t support the never Stern or never JJP or never ____ club b/c IMO, these companies all make mistakes. I’m just as vocal to support a company when they do well (see my JP2 posts) as I am when they bend you over backwards (see this thread). Stern is testing the market for how much they can bend this community before it breaks and it’s up to us to not support this type of BS. Shills will shill so that’s expected but call those fools out too. Believe me they don’t help the situation.
Open mind on everything that is released and judge based on product and approach. This approach is disgusting. Period.

That’s part of the problem with unbiased SDTM and others being gone...Distro’s are shitting where they eat pushing this stuff. Carey is one of the few left that respect their audience.

#6375 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

10hrs ago... no one felt this way. And people spent 5-9k based on those feelings.
No one bought with a false expectation of what the game was. The game was revealed and people bought based on what they saw. Not based on some UV kit they felt was coming.. or was lacking.

10 hours ago equation doesn't make sense. Not in something preexisting that you've already accepted within a certain reality.

If a gal you're dating has, say crabs...or worse, and you find out later....isn't that a bit dishonest and shitty as well?

NO ONE should be happy their new Stern Strangers Things game has crabs. Maybe not even that plonkfest "crab" monster in the middle of the playfield.

#6376 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That isn't true at all. It's been talked about repeatedly about how bland the upside down was and how they could have done more with it. And here we find out they did, they just held it back. Most everyone thinks it is very cool and makes it look like how it should have looked. Perhaps more people would have bought it if it had been released with this - or even revealed that it would be released later. No, they screwed up here, and deserve the criticism.

#6377 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

10 hours ago equation doesn't make sense. Not in something preexisting that you've already accepted within a certain reality.

Point is everyone one of those buyers bought knowing what the game was... and consciously made the choice to buy based on what the game was. Now.. something ADDITIONAL comes out.. you don't retroactively go back and say "I really meant to buy this only if it had UV lighting... now I'm screwed because it doesn't have it".

To argue you feel your purchase is incomplete without this is to have no accountability for your own decision to buy. Your game did not get WORSE today. Your game did not get anything LESS than what it was this morning. It simply has MORE to it if you want it and are willing to buy it.

No one's game got 'crabs' today and is no worse off than it was before today.

#6378 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That isn't true at all. It's been talked about repeatedly about how bland the upside down was and how they could have done more with it. And here we find out they did, they just held it back. Most everyone thinks it is very cool and makes it look like how it should have looked. Perhaps more people would have bought it if it had been released with this - or even revealed that it would be released later. No, they screwed up here, and deserve the criticism.

So again... someone made the decision to buy based on what they knew it was. Now it's MORE... not less. It's up to everyone to decide if they want that more or not... just like they decided if they wanted the game knowing what it was back in December.

Remember... this game had full details revealed at launch - none of this 'had to buy before the reveal..' crap. People bought knowing what the game was. If they weren't happy with the upside down then... and feel their purchase was incomplete... the only one they can blame is themselves.

#6379 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Point is everyone one of those buyers bought knowing what the game was... and consciously made the choice to buy based on what the game was. Now.. something ADDITIONAL comes out.. you don't retroactively go back and say "I really meant to buy this only if it had UV lighting... now I'm screwed because it doesn't have it".
To argue you feel your purchase is incomplete without this is to have no accountability for your own decision to buy. Your game did not get WORSE today. Your game did not get anything LESS than what it was this morning. It simply has MORE to it if you want it and are willing to buy it.
No one's game got 'crabs' today and is no worse off than it was before today.

So. Many. Crabs!

I'd love this announcement, if Stern said they were sending this "upgrade" out post launch, as a freebie. That would be marvelous! Since it isn't, it's shit. And either way, most people seem to be on side of the fence or the other. For me, this definitely doesn't help the prospect of me buying from Stern down the road, as tempting as a solidly built JP2 might be.

#6380 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Absolutely, and its not about it being "Only $300, cheap for mod like this" that's entirely missing the point.

Being complacent with Stern now withholding things that should have been included in the machine and paying for them after the fact is total BS and not the right direction for pinball. It's not about the money.. it's the POINT.

But clearly withholding features of a game for purchase after the fact is just simply bad business when it comes to pinball. I am cool with other bling items like a topper for sale, invisiglass, shaker, etc but when you start charging full price for hardware that is missing some key features that seemed as if it was *purposely removed* to make an extra buck, that's where I draw the line.

Stern, if you're reading this, carefully consider this path you are now trying to go down. This is just bad.

#6381 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, they sold people initially a fairly stripped down, undercoded, and sound effect/voice over deficient game at launch. Now after slumping sales, assumedly, and consumer backlash....they tack a cheapass feature on, that clearly was planned for into EACH and EVERY game sold so far.

#6382 4 years ago

Like I said earlier: The "its only $300 people," have no argument because they are failing to flip that statement on its head.

If it's only 300 dollars (not their actual cost,) then why not include it in the game? At least in the LE for fucks sake.

If this was their plan then they should have rolled out the LEs later and all with the lights and made that announcement about the feature "first seen in LEs," and then offered to sell the upgrade kit to the Pros and Premiums.

Total effing miss by their sales and marketing team.

#6383 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Probably the same chode who came up with the idea to write a letter to Stern to possibly "WIN" the opportunity to buy a $15K Super LE version of Batman 66. Seriously. What was that.

#6384 4 years ago

Stern really missed the boat on this "mod." They should have slapped a limited edition sticker on it and charged $500+.

#6385 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Like I said earlier: The "its only $300 people," have no argument because they are failing to flip that statement on its head.
If it's only 300 dollars (not their actual cost,) then why not include it in the game? At least in the LE for fucks sake.
If this was their plan then they should have rolled out the LEs later and all with the lights and made that announcement about the feature "first seen in LEs," and then offered to sell the upgrade kit to the Pros and Premiums.

Point is....if this costs consumers $300. We ALL know it costs Stern $100 or under. So yeah, you can't give that shit for "free" to customers that bought in early for an unbaked game???

#6386 4 years ago

Stern's 2024 business model... go the mobile game DLC content route.

You essentially get this stripped down game, then just buy "Skin packs" "Call Out Packs" and random toys that you install yourself for ONLY $300/each. Or you can buy the entire Deluxe Set of 46 "MODS" for 30% off (normal retail price $13,800) for only $9660 and you get to assemble all the shit yourself

Pinsiders: "Dude. Poppers ONLY $300" "Just like a Topper" "Just like adding a shaker"

84eb7dc669ec881a3578d71bf8aec96b185a9d64 (resized).jpg84eb7dc669ec881a3578d71bf8aec96b185a9d64 (resized).jpg

#6387 4 years ago

500 LEs.

Let's assume the parts and install cost Stern $50.
That is $25000.

500 times $9000 = 4.5 million. I think they could have given the LEs full functionality at very least.

Also, if they then gave the option to the Pro and Premium owners to upgrade with these lights... let's assume a conservative 2,000 machines (idk the actual count.)

2000 times approx. $300 = $600,000
So if they captured 5% of those sales they would get back $60,000. Less the $25,000 LE costs and they'd still be up $35,000..

And let's be honest, the majority of pro and premium owners would buy this. Much more than 5%.

This is what bothers me. It could have been done right and as a positive. This was a botched roll out.

#6388 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

500 LEs.
Let's assume the parts and install cost Stern $50.
That is $25000.
500 times $9000 = 4.5 million. I think they could have given the LEs full functionality at very least.
Also, if they then gave the option to the Pro and Premium owners to upgrade with these lights... let's assume a conservative 2,000 machines (idk the actual count.)
2000 times approx. $300 = $600,000
So if they captured 5% of those sales they would get back $60,000. Less the $25,000 LE costs and they'd still be up $35,000..
And let's be honest, the majority of pro and premium owners would buy this. Much more than 5%.
This is what bothers me. It could have been done right and as a positive. This was a botched roll out.

Had this feature been included in Prem or LE, how many Pro owners would have in fact spent more money and bought the Prem/LE models instead? That probably would have made Stern more $$ to be honest.

Dumbasses

#6389 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They dragged it to a show for two days. They didn't put it in some dive bar for a month to test earnings, reliability, and player reactions which is what Rare was blathering about as if that was even possible to do in 2020 without ruining yourself.
And not sure if you noticed or not but that little mini-reveal was an EXACT example of why you can't put a half-baked proto "on test" anymore.

It wasn't a reveal, not even a "mini reveal", but I guess too many selectively ignore the information at hand

It was a public location test of an early prototype. For deeproot, not for customers. It is a game that will never be for sale that was being tested. It seemed to work fine for deeproot. New boardsets developed from scratch need testing, why that is so difficult for some to comprehend is anyones guess. Only people up in arms are a small number of ignorant whinging pinsiders whom for some wierd reason seem to feel they are deprived of some sort of special right or privelage.

What is bad (ruining) for deeproot (as a new company soon to start up wanting to protect IP) is coming onto pinside (when there is nothing they are prepared to make public yet) to engage with the natives and the drivel ...

The stupidity of "the internet" is kind of entertaining, to some degree I guess

Speaking of ruining pinball, paying extra for this and that which should simply be an included part of the game, toppers, lights... I suppose the next "innovation" from stern will be DLC code updates that customers have to Pay Extra for... the writing is on the wall lol

#6390 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Had this feature been included in Prem or LE, how many Pro owners would have in fact spent more money on the Prem/LE models? That probably would have made Stern more $$ to be honest.
Dumbasses

This is my point.

The plan should have been to roll these out with the LEs and then had the reveal.

Immediately after the reveal you offer the pro and premium guys a chance to upgrade closer towards the LE and unveil the UV paint.

That could have been pulled off. That would have made sense. . .

The way they did it was like a trojan sale. "Let's just sneak this little feature into every game... wait a few months and then sell them the functionality!"

That is dysfunctional sales 101

#6391 4 years ago

Stern is giving Kaneda great new content on a daily basis.

#6392 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to the instruction card (pdf) or have a scan they can send me?

#6393 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Anyone have a link to the instruction card (pdf) or have a scan they can send me?

If you dont get one by 3 PM tomorrow PM me. My friends LE got delivered tonight and all associated paperwork is handy. Lmk

#6394 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

This is my point.
The plan should have been to roll these out with the LEs and then had the reveal.
Immediately after the reveal you offer the pro and premium guys a chance to upgrade closer towards the LE and unveil the UV paint.
That could have been pulled off. That would have made sense. . .
The way they did it was like a trojan sale. "Let's just sneak this little feature into every game... wait a few months and then sell them the functionality!"
That is dysfunctional sales 101

agreed 100%

Instead they have this guy working in the Stern marketing and sales department

27zxye (resized).jpg27zxye (resized).jpg

#6395 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

They ship with unfinished code, now.. unfinished hardware? That is how it feels.

Spot on

#6396 4 years ago

UVGate in full effect

#6397 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Probably the same chode who came up with the idea to write a letter to Stern to possibly "WIN" the opportunity to buy a $15K Super LE version of Batman 66. Seriously. What was that.

That was the day I lost all respect for them as a company.

It was also the day they learned the NIBNEWB FOMO moron buyer base would spend $15k on a machine that has pre-proto code, worse quality and less features than the $3500 NIB games they were selling in 2007.

Buy buy buy. Trash.

I was the biggest 80’s TMNT fan on the planet. You’d think I’d be ready to fall for their shit & throw money at the TMNT game...wrong. I’m good.

#6398 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Shaker motors are listed as options when purchasing a pinball machine.
This was not listed. In fact it is now being sold after the fact and in mid March none-the-less.
People previously speculated that STH was released prematurely as a knee-jerk reaction to RaMs sellout success. Again, whatever the case it seems like they rushed the game out the door knowing it should ha e these lights and just decided to say screw it, sell it to them later when they are ready.

I really don't know what the fuzz is all about. Toppers and add-ons are bought every day by pinball enthousiasts and now the add-on is suddenly an issue for you guys? Come on people, either you buy it or you don't. Same deal with buying a Stern machine. If you think it's too expensive, LEAVE IT.

Getting really sick and tired of all the negativity over here, it seems no one can ever make a positive post anymore.

I think the add-on will add a new dimension to the game and will certainly consider buying a set. I think it's great the playfield already has been prepped for this mod (as the hard- and software also has been prepped for a shaker and a topper!!!) and is not limited for PREM/LE buyers.

#6399 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

I really don't know what the fuzz is all about. Toppers and add-ons are bought every day by pinball enthousiasts and now the add-on is suddenly an issue for you guys? Come on people, either you buy it or you don't. Same deal with buying a Stern machine. If you think it's too expensive, LEAVE IT.
Getting really sick and tired of all the negativity over here, it seems no one can ever make a positive post anymore.
I think the add-on will add a new dimension to the game and will certainly consider buying a set. I think it's great the playfield already has been prepped for this mod (as the hard- and software also has been prepped for a shaker and a topper!!!) and is not limited for PREM/LE buyers.

Serious question: If I buy a RaM and then sell it to someone before playing it but when they receive it they find I kept the topper (which I didnt list in the sale,) am I in the wrong?

Followup: would it be wrong to offer the person who purchased my RaM (that didnt list topper,) a chance to by MY topper for $300 more dollars?

#6400 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:If I buy a RaM and then sell it to someone

since you are getting RAM machine #47,
you probably have some leverage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/128?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.