IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 144.
#6151 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

My apologies for answering a question for a fellow pinball enthusiast.
Now back to the SAME people bitching their asses ofF about the SAME shit....

Lol !

I love Stranger Things the show

But I think we can all admit that there truly isn't much to talk about the pin though.

It's a pinball machine with a Stranger Things theme, a couple ramps, and a plastic sculpture with a hole that balls go into. And coding by Lonnie.

I mean, where do you really go from there.

#6152 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think we can all admit that there truly isn't much to talk about the pin though. It's a pinball machine with a Stranger Things theme, a couple ramps, and a plastic sculpture with a hole that balls go into. And coding by Lonnie. I mean, where do you really go from there.

Coming from the guy that has posted this thread 138 times so far.

#6153 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

But, how many of those are about Stranger Things?

#6154 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Also Meguiar's carnauba.

Pretty sure that's similar to what I use, Mothers in the red can. Easy to find anywhere, and hard as a rock (sign of a good wax).

#6155 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I bought a bottle, threw the P21S in the trash and never looked back.

Liar! Pinball guys don't throw anything out.

#6156 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Ok, so even you don't have anything left to contribute except to post about a guy posting.

LOL

#6157 4 years ago

The first 100 or so Stranger Things had this post issue, I did a short video and explanation on how to fix that damn stupid lock post today if anyone is struggling but you can also get a warranty replacement from your Stern Distributor, mine hadn't arrived yet so I did this mod as I wanted to get the game on location.

This is a short video showing the stages to repair the common problem with these ball lock posts (the plastic keeps popping out).

Firstly, take the post out of the machine and locate the Stern "punch" marks on the plunger as these are the drill points. Take a 3.1mm drill and drill straight through the plunger making sure its straight and the drill will come out the other side in the "punch" marks.

You'll need a slightly bigger drill bit to countersink the hole on one side (to make it easier to tap in the roll pin).

The roll pin, most pinball guys have old plunger and links lying around which will be the perfect size for this, anything like a slingshot link etc will be fine. Then knock the roll pin into the Stranger Things lock post and job done! This sucker won't come out anytime soon!

Pinball Heaven
www.pinball.co.uk

#6158 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballheavenuk:

I did a short video and explanation (read the text) on how to fix that damn stupid lock post today if anyone is struggling!

Pinball Heaven
www.pinball.co.uk

More DIY Stern fixes for moronic engineering choices that should have never made it to the field...

#6159 4 years ago

The UV lighting kit looks to add quite a bit of atmosphere to the Upsidedown modes with the hidden UV reactive inks on the playfield art. I wonder how much it'll cost? Kinda seems like it should've been included, but oh well...

#6160 4 years ago

Need to buy UV light kit to unlock special art according to twitch stream . New Code today .Demo life bar can be killed with hits

#6161 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

The UV lighting kit looks to add quite a bit of atmosphere to the Upsidedown modes with the hidden UV reactive inks on the playfield art. I wonder how much it'll cost? Kinda seems like it should've been included, but oh well...

Is that the reveal of the hidden feature?

#6162 4 years ago

cool and kind of...hey at 9k you'd think that could have maybe been included.

#6163 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is that the reveal of the hidden feature?

Yes, I do believe so. Plus the Demogorgon can be killed with multiple body hits now in the next code update (it has a damage/life bar on the display), which is nice.

#6164 4 years ago

Kind of cool. Sucks they would design and include a physical feature in the game that you have to pay to unlock. It’s like downloadable content but with physical features. Great feature but new cost cutting low for Stern.

34E86565-9B5B-47EE-839A-C49B69142C3D (resized).jpeg34E86565-9B5B-47EE-839A-C49B69142C3D (resized).jpeg
#6165 4 years ago

Yep, the only way to stop this trend is to not buy. It was clearly planned, and purposely left out - and only (as far as I'm aware) brought to attention after people had already bought it. Now, if it had been a code change only, with no additional purchase required...that would be different. It should have been included on the high end models.

#6166 4 years ago

It does look like a cool feature but I wonder how many of us will actually get to see the effect in person? I can't really see many route operators adding this in after the fact and don't know anyone that's bought it for their home yet. It's too bad it wasn't included from the factory. I wonder how much work it involves to install it? Wonder if it will be an option from the factory going forward?

#6167 4 years ago

the reveal was all playfields have UV ink on them. the disappointment was the fact that stern wants all owners to pay an additional $279 for a UV light kit (which includes a new apron and (8) playfield plastics with UV ink on them. it installs using 2 nut drivers and a screwdriver. the fact that the kit includes a new apron either indicates very poor planning on stern's part or this was part of the plan all along equaling a new low in raping the customer even more (especially the LE buyers

link for kit:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit

it's amazing how disappointing jack danger has become since becoming a stern employee. he's towing the company line so everything is rah! rah! stern now

#6168 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It does look like a cool feature but I wonder how many of us will actually get to see the effect in person? I can't really see many route operators adding this in after the fact and don't know anyone that's bought it for their home yet. It's too bad it wasn't included from the factory. I wonder how much work it involves to install it? Wonder if it will be an option from the factory going forward?

Didn't it look like just a set of those XXXXXX lights that everyone either loves or hates? My assumption is someone will make a mod that is just lights that is cheaper.

#6170 4 years ago

How the hell does something like this NOT get included when you buy the Premium or LE edition of the game. Its clearly a premeditated add-on due to the ink being reactive.

This feels like Stern sinking to a new low.

#6171 4 years ago

I just saw this on my Instagram feed. - I would be pissed... If you already have the hidden art in the game and you clearly know you can't see it without the light kit WTF would you not have that included in the game price?!

Anyone who speculated that they rushed this game out the door even faster than normal just got a bolster to their argument. However, instead it's like someone said:

"I know the light kitsch arent ready yet but we have to ship! Just sell them the light kit later as an add-on!"

My friend has an LE being delivered tomorrow. Can't wait to tell him about his factory mod to look forward to purchasing later.

#6172 4 years ago

I'm sure a mod is on the way, I would be upset if I had an LE

#6173 4 years ago

It's a stupid thing to even have to discuss. You'll have the apologists who will say 'you would spend X amount on mods anyway' and 'you don't have to buy it', same as people who champion DLC. No matter how you cut it, it looks pretty 'milk your customer' to everyone except the fanboys.

The plus side is it is there if the pro owners want to get it.

#6174 4 years ago

Does it also wash the screen out even more?

#6175 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You'll have the apologists who will say 'you would spend X amount on mods anyway' and 'you don't have to buy it', same as people who champion DLC.

Literally the first thing that came to mind. That same attitude from 'DLC apologists' is exactly what has completely ruined video games.

And this is the first salvo across the bow in pinball.

#6176 4 years ago

I'll post my thoughts about this here since DeadFlip moderators decided to remove them from the chat on the video (sorry if I was slowing down your hype train). Yes, the lighting effect looks good, but how can a company make such a shameless cash grab. They clearly designed the lighting effect into the playfield art, then nearly two months after release release a mod for $280. This should have been included in the prem/le models. I can see selling it as a mod for the pros. I just don't get how Stern does this to their customers. What is their company's reputation worth? $280?

#6177 4 years ago

What is the need to replace the apron? The video doesn't show any art work glowing on it? Are the lights mounted to it?

#6178 4 years ago

This is the Stern-iest Stern move.

#6179 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Literally the first thing that came to mind. That same attitude from 'DLC apologists' is exactly what has completely ruined video games.
And this is the first salvo across the bow in pinball.

I agree. I immediately said to myself, shit! This is the start of DLC and corporate monetization of pinball.

Honestly, that's why I feel so lucky to have started my pinball ownership with a true family run shop like Spooky.

Spooky sells 750 machines in one day and they say surprise! Free $300+ topper for all machines.

Stern pumps out Stranger Things to the masses co completely with unfinished code, malfunctioning hardware and apparently a secret feature and they go Surprise! Pay us $275 and we will let you unlock the whole game.

#6180 4 years ago

This playfield on the game in Mike V's office is looking pretty beat to hell too. Like a cherry on top of a s*!# sundae.

#6181 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What is the need to replace the apron? The video doesn't show any art work glowing on it? Are the lights mounted to it?

yes, it looked like 4 UV strips were attached to the underside of the new apron

#6182 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the reveal was all playfields have UV ink on them. the disappointment was the fact that stern wants all owners to pay an additional $279 for a UV light kit (which includes a new apron and (8) playfield plastics with UV ink on them. it installs using 2 nut drivers and a screwdriver. the fact that the kit includes a new apron either indicates very poor planning on stern's part or this was part of the plan all along equaling a new low in raping the customer even more (especially the LE buyers
link for kit:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit
it's amazing how disappointing jack danger has become since becoming a stern employee. he's towing the company line so everything is rah! rah! stern now

Seems like a steal considering the price of the Star Wars topper..

I all seriousness, I'd like to see it in person. The pictures make it look like they used decent UV LEDs (i.e. not purple). But, UV is hard to capture in pictures.

#6183 4 years ago

Its an old meme. But it checks out.

scumbagstern (resized).jpgscumbagstern (resized).jpg
#6184 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You've been Sterned.

#6185 4 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

For upside down, maybe they could use strong UV led lighting which would for example reveal some otherwise "hidden" artwork, but this would only be effective if playing in a more or less dark environment.

Err, seems that was a good idea

#6186 4 years ago

Well there’s been a lot of chat about a DLC model coming to pinball, well here it is!

#6187 4 years ago

You called it, thats for sure @crrispy!

#6188 4 years ago

Viper Night Drivin' and Monopoly added to linked games.

VND for the original use of UV ink/lights in a game (plus glo-balls! And the lights were included!)

Monopoly because of the CASH GRAB going on here

#6189 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

link for kit:

This.

Also this:

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#6190 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Stern gonna Stern.

Quoted from anathematize:

How the hell does something like this NOT get included when you buy the Premium or LE edition of the game. Its clearly a premeditated add-on due to the ink being reactive.
This feels like Stern sinking to a new low.

And this is where we're at.
UV (resized).pngUV (resized).png

#6191 4 years ago

Wow

Stern includes literally a projector and a magnet lock as the only features for Prem/LE over a Pro.... and then wants another $279 for a feature that should have been included with the LE at the very least?

Dude I don't even know what to say here.

If this is the future of Stern's business model, pardon my french, they can go fuck themselves.

#6192 4 years ago

Stern just keep pushing how far they can go, until they get enough push back to retreat.

They will have a number in mind of how many kits they need to sell to call this move a success.

If it is a success, well, guess the rest.

#6193 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You've been Sterned.

You've been Sterned, M-F'er! (resized).jpgYou've been Sterned, M-F'er! (resized).jpg

#6194 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern just keep pushing how far they can go, until they get enough push back to retreat.
They will have a number in mind of how many kits they need to sell to call this move a success.
If it is a success, well, guess the rest.

What I find interesting is that UV light isn't exactly unheard of in barcades or even the new really nice gamerooms people are making. No one noticed the UV artwork?

#6195 4 years ago

I feel the ban hammer coming on Stern's fb page

#6196 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yep, the only way to stop this trend is to not buy. It was clearly planned, and purposely left out - and only (as far as I'm aware) brought to attention after people had already bought it. Now, if it had been a code change only, with no additional purchase required...that would be different. It should have been included on the high end models.

Where's the topper that you think should have been included?

Where's the shooter rod... the floor mats... the whatever else they will come up with.

It's a add-on Accessory... something Stern has been doing for a long time now.

#6197 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Where's the topper that you think should have been included?
Where's the shooter rod... the floor mats... the whatever else they will come up with.
It's a add-on Accessory... something Stern has been doing for a long time now.

And here come the apologists.

#6198 4 years ago

Since the playfields are supposed to already have the UV reactive ink, would the existing gameroom blacklights an owner already has installed be able to show the colors popping without the need for the kit?

#6199 4 years ago

Absurd that this isn’t given to LE owners. Even if it wasn’t available for launch it should be gifted to the customers who dropped the most money on it.

If it was a full optional add on than one could argue that it’s a choice, but they built a reactive UV playfield and didn’t tell anyone - including LE customers - that they were planning to do this.

So what does this create, a LE+ variant?

#6200 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What I find interesting is that UV light isn't exactly unheard of in barcades or even the new really nice gamerooms people are making. No one noticed the UV artwork?

To be honest, it's not really anything more than a bunch of swirls of UV paint all over. Like little hentai tentacles lol. So people might have seen it but not really even realized they were seeing something hidden.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/124?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.