IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 144.
#6101 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I wonder how long Scott Danesi will bother posting here when we have guys like iceman calling his layout bricks. It's such an awesome joke though! At least Iceman has picked his tribe. Anyway, I get that your irritated by negative stuff being spewed at Stranger Things, but your little joke just makes you the opposite side of the same coin.
I think Stranger Things looks cool by the way, especially the moody atmosphere. I also like the idea of the demogorgon shot, I'm pretty sure Stern will work out the nagging issues in the end.

Who cares? Lol

Brick buyers love shitting all over STH and Stern trying to ruin the great experience we are having!

You won’t see me in the Brick thread because it’s a love fest and I happen to think it will be a lot of fun

As for STH, I know I will have a lot of fun with it

Just finished a round on JP, Elvira and BM66, and going back for more, I’m a happy camper

Oh by the way, shout out to Ocktoberfest fun!

#6102 4 years ago

My JP and Elvira pf’s, zero pooling or chipping and minimal dimples as I had to put my glasses on to inspect the situation for you guys!

I like old school wood but I don’t give a F what they come up with. Haggis? Deeproot?

You can take a hammer to a crapper and it’s still a crapper

#6103 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't bought any games since Munsters. I would like to buy a JP and a Elvira but dont have the confidence to pull the trigger.

Well you should Terry. Both are awesome. Zero issues for me

#6104 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't bought any games since Munsters. I would like to buy a JP and a Elvira but dont have the confidence to pull the trigger.

Finally a place near me that has both, so I plan to go try them out in the next few weeks. Since everyone says JP is awesome it probably will be. Elvira seems to have fallen off the map pretty quickly and no one is talking about it. I loved the previous 2 Elvira games, but this one just didn't call to me for some reason.

#6105 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Finally a place near me that has both, so I plan to go try them out in the next few weeks. Since everyone says JP is awesome it probably will be. Elvira seems to have fallen off the map pretty quickly and no one is talking about it. I loved the previous 2 Elvira games, but this one just didn't call to me for some reason.

JP is amazing and so is Elvira 3 also. This Elvira game will be the best of the three Elvira games easily. JP is probably the better game but I personally would opt for Elvira i think because its a dream theme that has lots of cool features and it also has Lyman on code so its going to end up a masterpiece. Both games are HUGE winners!

#6106 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Make sure JP is Premium or better to truly appreciate the game.

Elvira seems to be getting more and more love as Lyman weaves his magic. I can see one entering my game room in the future.

But it’s difficult to compare JP3 to anything. It’s brilliant on so many levels.

I’m with Ice on the plastic playfields. It’s been done numerous times already, including most recently Thunderturds and Mafia. And no one was doing cartwheels over those games or even knew they used plastic playfields. Not sure why everyone is so excited about Celts doing it. In reality I suspect the reason these small manufacturers are using them is because they’re cheap and easy to make, not because it’s a revolutionary fix to traditional Playfield manufacturing methods.

#6107 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

JP is amazing and so is Elvira 3 also. This Elvira game will be the best of the three Elvira games easily. JP is probably the better game but I personally would opt for Elvira i think because its a dream theme that has lots of cool features and it also has Lyman on code so its going to end up a masterpiece. Both games are HUGE winners!

Have Stern taken care of your issues yet?

Elvira is a ton of fun to play.

#6108 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not having to worry about or pay for healthcare leaves more disposable income.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about , you should stick to talking about pinball .

#6109 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have Stern taken care of your issues yet?
Elvira is a ton of fun to play.

Not yet, it's still in the works so we will see.

#6110 4 years ago

Just got my LE from Gotpinball. (Andrew is a great guy by the way). Great machine. Paired with my guardians I feel like I have a great duo! Looking forward to what the code updates on Stranger Things add.

9A95835D-A4FA-478D-9E4E-B9DA402F9C5A (resized).jpeg9A95835D-A4FA-478D-9E4E-B9DA402F9C5A (resized).jpeg
#6111 4 years ago

When are they gonna release that new code update??? I’m getting impatient

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Too many people roll right on past problem free JP and Elvira. Maybe a few little issues. But Pooling and chipping is NOT a thing 3 games ago
STH is having Demo issues. Sucks. Shit happens on an $8600 game. It doesn’t make me not want to buy it. Of course I’d rather it didn’t happen
Best thing to do is put nothing in a game and sell the theme and “personality”. Boom problem solved. Maybe that’s why they did that with Bricks. It was a genius move with that theme. It basically defines a large chunk of pinheads
The truth is that so many people that complain they are never buying these games again actually do and will. You can’t help it. I’ve said the same thing many times before as well. Don’t like STH pffft. Who cares. I don’t.
TMNT or some other theme people love by Stern will sell huge again. The numbers and facts just prove it year after year. They make fun games.
That’s why I buy pinball games, to play and have fun. With STH, that fun factor will include my family. “Boring”, it’s just the show! Just because it not a curse fest with crude humor Like Bricks does not make it boring. Lol
I’m a fan of Bricks too. Looks like fun. I won’t be buying TMNT either to own

TMNT? Is this going to be a title? Christ on a Cracker...

Nope. Nope,nope, nope. I am ignoring Sterns reality and will substitute my own:

Jaws? Nah...everyone’s seen it for over 40 years.

Mad Max? Nah. Home brews look better and expensive bom.

Hey I know! My Three Sons. No, Wait, my Little Pony.

AC836864-12B2-4CEF-9689-CD1409D60681 (resized).jpegAC836864-12B2-4CEF-9689-CD1409D60681 (resized).jpeg
#6113 4 years ago

Got my LE and no issues. Game is fast, fun. Projector is cool feature. I couldn’t get a pro without it.

#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Just got my LE from Gotpinball. (Andrew is a great guy by the way). Great machine. Paired with my guardians I feel like I have a great duo! Looking forward to what the code updates on Stranger Things add.[quoted image]

Looks like you’ll be neglecting other things for awhile. Have fun. How’s the demo shot?

#6115 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

When are they gonna release that new code update??? I’m getting impatient

Like I said in the club thread. A good bet is this week as launch parties are happening next weekend.

But some time this month for sure per Stern.

#6116 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’m playing Elvira more right now but I go back and forth. Elvira has great “personality” and puts a smile on your face

House MB and the song Shout, Gargoyles, Dead Head crypt, junk in the trunk, Wild women levels of MB, Gappa angry, Freak fryer, Happy hour, clown cars and all the great modes!

#6117 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know how you Aussies keep paying those prices on every release.

Lube helps...

#6118 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not having to worry about or pay for healthcare leaves more disposable income.</blockquote

Eeeh! Sorry Hans, wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really change?

D469CC73-4A04-42F3-BE11-4602BB291E56 (resized).pngD469CC73-4A04-42F3-BE11-4602BB291E56 (resized).png
#6119 4 years ago

My game just arrived this morning, might be awhile until I get it into the gameroom as I need to make some room.

20200210_084459 (resized).jpg20200210_084459 (resized).jpg20200210_084508 (resized).jpg20200210_084508 (resized).jpg
#6120 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If they tested them, we would know about them before announcement. They used to put out protos of new games at random arcade locations so they could see what works & what doesn’t, then revise and improve before release. They don’t do that anymore.

Deeproot did.

#6121 4 years ago

They dragged it to a show for two days. They didn't put it in some dive bar for a month to test earnings, reliability, and player reactions which is what Rare was blathering about as if that was even possible to do in 2020 without ruining yourself.

And not sure if you noticed or not but that little mini-reveal was an EXACT example of why you can't put a half-baked proto "on test" anymore.

#6122 4 years ago

Do we know when the premiums are going to start shipping?

#6123 4 years ago

Waxing my LE. This is the first time I've used this wax. Seems great. Anyone on here have experience with it?

0F47FF90-A1E4-4A94-A24A-A0F36EE5528C (resized).jpeg0F47FF90-A1E4-4A94-A24A-A0F36EE5528C (resized).jpeg
#6124 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Waxing my LE. This is the first time I've used this wax. Seems great. Anyone on here have experience with it?[quoted image]

What are the ingredients? Carnuba is hard, so to make it liquid, it's more than likely cut in with petroleum distillates, which are a no-no. Looked quickly online and didn't see any ingredients listed anywhere. Is there a list on the bottle back?

And holy crap is the layout work on that label gradeschool-level bad. The text is pulled to align to the edges with no care given to the auto massive spacing inserted in the lines.

#6125 4 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Do we know when the premiums are going to start shipping?

Let me know if you hear something, I’m told end of month to early March.

#6126 4 years ago

I wax my pins with this stuff https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GZQP08

It needs to be warmed up in order to get it on the pads. Works really well for me and makes my pins play ridiculously fast with crazy spin for a week or so after application. I've not waxed my Stranger things yet tho. Thought you weren't supposed to wax them for a few months to let the clear cure fully. I use novus one to clean in the mean time.

#6127 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What are the ingredients? Carnuba is hard, so to make it liquid, it's more than likely cut in with petroleum distillates, which are a no-no. Looked quickly online and didn't see any ingredients listed anywhere. Is there a list on the bottle back?
And holy crap is the layout work on that label gradeschool-level bad. The text is pulled to align to the edges with no care given to the auto massive spacing inserted in the lines.

It doesn't say the ingredients. I guess I'll be safe and go back to what I've always used.

105B90FE-928C-4186-A430-6152C31380D3 (resized).jpeg105B90FE-928C-4186-A430-6152C31380D3 (resized).jpeg
#6128 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I wax my pins with this stuff amazon.com link »
It needs to be warmed up in order to get it on the pads. Works really well for me and makes my pins play ridiculously fast with crazy spin for a week or so after application. I've not waxed my Stranger things yet tho. Thought you weren't supposed to wax them for a few months to let the clear cure fully. I use novus one to clean in the mean time.

I've never heard that, but you may be right.

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It doesn't say the ingredients. I guess I'll be safe and go back to what I've always used.[quoted image]

That's definitely a fail for EU product label requirements and probably a failure of US labeling requirements. Yikes.

#6130 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Waxing my LE. This is the first time I've used this wax. Seems great. Anyone on here have experience with it?[quoted image]

My distro says to not wax the play field so soon after purchase. What’s everyone’s consensus?

#6131 4 years ago

Secret Feature Stream on 2/12

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6132 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

It doesn't say the ingredients. I guess I'll be safe and go back to what I've always used.[quoted image]

This is what I use. Also Meguiar's carnauba.

#6133 4 years ago

The demogorgan moves like the aliens in attack from mars. What’s left to show?

Quoted from krustykramer:

Secret Feature Stream on 2/12[quoted image]

#6134 4 years ago
Quoted from krustykramer:

Secret Feature Stream on 2/12[quoted image]

Refund code?

EDIT: Now featuring dingleberry disapproval! Yes!

#6135 4 years ago

And is this going to be for all models?

#6136 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

My distro says to not wax the play field so soon after purchase. What’s everyone’s consensus

I’ve waxed brand new, no issues.
Don’t read too much into the wax arguments either, I’ve not run into anything that caused damage, not even Wildcat, Novus 2, or Mills, anything is better than not waxing.

#6137 4 years ago

Best wax I have ever used for any pin (and trust me, I have wasted money on every one mentioned here) is this stuff.

People put it on boats because it holds up in water the longest of any wax. It lasts the longest with the most durable coat on a pin, period. Goes on extremely well too.

https://amzn.to/2UIwZgu

71ludnU8E3L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg71ludnU8E3L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#6138 4 years ago

Blitz, all day long!

#6139 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I wax my pins with this stuff amazon.com link »

I almost replied to RockyTop: There are entire threads about wax(ing). And Waxing bring out about as many opinions as dimpling.

The one you listed has bees wax in it to soften it up. I'm sure it works, but you should really be using a 100% carnuba wax. Blitz is one PS21S is another.

#6140 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I almost replied to RockyTop: There are entire threads about wax(ing). And Waxing bring out about as many opinions as dimpling.
The one you listed has bees wax in it to soften it up. I'm sure it works, but you should really be using a 100% carnuba wax. Blitz is one PS21S is another.

If it's not hard as a brick, it's not 100% carnuba wax. There has to be at least a little sumpin' sumpin' cut in with it to make it soften to be usable. You just don't want petroleum distillates to be one of those things where possible.

#6141 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's not hard as a brick, it's not 100% carnuba wax. There has to be at least a little sumpin' sumpin' cut in with it to make it soften to be usable. You just don't want petroleum distillates to be one of those things where possible.

That is true. I guess what I'm getting at is that there are waxes like Blitz and PS21S 100% that the only wax it contains is Carnuba (aka 100% carnuba). Other waxes like the 2100 (listed above) and PS21 (the non 100%) contain other softer waxes, like bees wax.

#6142 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

That is true. I guess what I'm getting at is that there are waxes like Blitz and PS21S 100% that the only wax it contains is Carnuba (aka 100% carnuba). Other waxes like the 2100 (listed above) and PS21 (the non 100%) contain other softer waxes, like bees wax.

We are now in agreement on the vitally important subject of pinball wax.

#6143 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We are now in agreement on the vitally important subject of pinball wax.

Pheww!

Now I can get my beer and play some pinball!

#6144 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

And is this going to be for all models?

They said it’s already installed on all
Machines.

#6145 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

They said it’s already installed on all
Machines.

Who said that?

#6146 4 years ago

Blue tooth headphones and internet connectivity.

#6147 4 years ago

I don't know if it has been mentioned but LTG recommends this .

Screenshot_2019-04-26-17-49-49-96 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-04-26-17-49-49-96 (resized).png
#6148 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't know if it has been mentioned but LTG recommends this .[quoted image]

I used to use that stuff. The Collinite stuff I posted above is 20X better, lasts longer, and hardens to a tougher coat.

I forgot who posted it here a few years ago, but the guy went through some technical stuff as to why it's the best for pinball machines. It's Industrial and Marine grade.

I bought a bottle, threw the P21S in the trash and never looked back.

#6149 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I must be in the wrong thread, I thought this was A Stranger Things forum..

#6150 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I must be in the wrong thread, I thought this was A Stranger Things forum..

My apologies for answering a question for a fellow pinball enthusiast.
Now back to the SAME people bitching their asses ofF about the SAME shit....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/123?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.