IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 144.
#6051 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not defending anything just trying to understand why some games are fine and others aren’t.
I don’t want sterns job, that’s all I got to say. Haha
I’ve been tweaking my game here and there since I got it. There’s no perfect way to do it. Some are fine, others aren’t. How can you possibly control for that? I have no clue. I can tell you this though it would be a lot harder controlling for variances on new stuff that hasn’t been done before than variances in flipper performance or ramp layouts that have been around for decades.
Of course I would rather not have to fiddle with my games all the time. But before I bought it I was well aware of the risks. Just part of pinball. Always will be. No matter what you buy and who you buy from.

I hear you as it would be naive to think nothing would need to be addressed in the lifecycle of a machine but we’re talking brand new pinball games and the premier features of why people bought them over a pro. Whaaaaat? That’s what gets me. Some work and some don’t bc obviously stern can engineer it but can they spend enough time to ensure that works consistently and the answer is no. Why? BUY BUY BUY. It’s really getting to be much. Tweak a sling, fix a post but now I’m being forced to fix main features too? Nah cmon we deserve better.

#6052 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You ok my man?

I am now thanks for asking bud but how do i get those hours back that season 2 stole? It was life theft lol. But all good some tv shows i watch people are like WTF how do you like that, Each to their own i spose.

#6053 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not defending anything just trying to understand why some games are fine and others aren’t.
I don’t want sterns job, that’s all I got to say. Haha
I’ve been tweaking my game here and there since I got it. There’s no perfect way to do it. Some are fine, others aren’t. How can you possibly control for that? I have no clue. I can tell you this though it would be a lot harder controlling for variances on new stuff that hasn’t been done before than variances in flipper performance or ramp layouts that have been around for decades.
Of course I would rather not have to fiddle with my games all the time. But before I bought it I was well aware of the risks. Just part of pinball. Always will be. No matter what you buy and who you buy from.

It's one thing to have to do a few tweaks (that's pinball) but this game here has experienced people like yourself scratching their heads and searching for answers just to get their game to work correctly.

I do believe (hope) that eventually all of you guys get your games working correctly and I also believe that this could be a really good game. The problem is, Stern obviously didn't do their homework on testing this game and now they have just totally killed the hype of this game and it has literally already been forgotten about and people are looking to the next game already because they have already lost interest in this one.

Stern might be killing it but the thing is they could be killing it a hell of alot more if they didn't constantly keep shooting themselves in the foot by releasing games that have all of these problems. What I can't understand to save my life is how many times do they have to keep doing stupid shit before they realize that they need to get better?

It's a terrible idea to release a game with mechs that haven't been put through lots of testing, just like it's a bad idea to sell games with shitty playfields but yet they don't seem to ever learn. I just don't get it.

#6054 4 years ago

More and more people are taking notice on Stern’s many issues IMO. Their army is shrinking.

#6055 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's one thing to have to do a few tweaks (that's pinball) but this game here has experienced people like yourself scratching their heads and searching for answers just to get their game to work correctly.
I do believe (hope) that eventually all of you guys get your games working correctly and I also believe that this could be a really good game. The problem is, Stern obviously didn't do their homework on testing this game and now they have just totally killed the hype of this game and it has literally already been forgotten about and people are looking to the next game already because they have already lost interest in this one.
Stern might be killing it but the thing is they could be killing it a hell of alot more if they didn't constantly keep shooting themselves in the foot by releasing games that have all of these problems. What I can't understand to save my life is how many times do they have to keep doing stupid shit before they realize that they need to get better?
It's a terrible idea to release a game with mechs that haven't been put through lots of testing, just like it's a bad idea to sell games with shitty playfields but yet they don't seem to ever learn. I just don't get it.

Everyone pretends they know how to run a pinball company... Your assuming they didn't test these games? How do you know, some of these games take over a year to plan out. The games are all put together by hand, I'm ok with a few tweaks here and there. And any major issues I've had, Stern has come through and fixed for me (GB Playfield swap) . If you don't like taking the glass off maybe your in the wrong hobby.

#6056 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Everyone pretends they know how to run a pinball company... Your assuming they didn't test these games? How do you know, some of these games take over a year to plan out. The games are all put together by hand, I'm ok with a few tweaks here and there. And any major issues I've had, Stern has come through and fixed for me (GB Playfield swap) . If you don't like taking the glass off maybe your in the wrong hobby.

I enjoy taking the glass off. What I dont enjoy though is being having 2 games right now that have shitty ass playfields in them that I spent 15K on. I also dont find it acceptable when a company puts out a game and the f*cking mechs dont work correctly and nobody can figure out why, not even Stern. You would have to be a complete idiot to find that acceptable. You don't know anything about me so don't tell me what hobbies that I should be into and which ones that I shouldnt. I'm a grown man and I will make those decisions myself.

#6057 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

More and more people are taking notice on Stern’s many issues IMO. Their army is shrinking.

Charge!

7FC489F3-9D4C-44D3-B4E1-9840DD8BC542 (resized).png7FC489F3-9D4C-44D3-B4E1-9840DD8BC542 (resized).png
#6058 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I enjoy taking the glass off. What I dont enjoy though is being having 2 games right now that have shitty ass playfields in them that I spent 15K on. I also dont find it acceptable when a company puts out a game and the f*cking mechs dont work correctly and nobody can figure out why, not even Stern. You would have to be a complete idiot to find that acceptable. You don't know anything about me so don't tell me what hobbies that I should be into and which ones that I shouldnt. I'm a grown man and I will make those decisions myself.

hhahah hit a nerve apparently... The glass off quote was not mean't directly at you but more for all the complainers on here, relax it will get sorted out... If you don't want a shitty pf don't buy anything new, pick up an older Bally / Williams game for half the price and you won't have to worry...

Also for all those pumping up Spooky for there PFs my Alice has more dimples on it than my Elvira This is in no way a diss on Spooky either as Alice is probably a top 5 game for me and a keeper, but the grass isn't greener

#6059 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

hhahah hit a nerve apparently... The glass off quote was not mean't directly at you but more for all the complainers on here, relax it will get sorted out... If you don't want a shitty pf don't buy anything new, pick up an older Bally / Williams game for half the price and you won't have to worry...
Also for all those pumping up Spooky for there PFs my Alice has more dimples on it than my Elvira This is in no way a diss on Spooky either as Alice is probably a top 5 game for me and a keeper, but the grass isn't greener

Well obviously I didnt realize that the playfield quality was as bad as what it is before it was too late. This shit is frustrating though and the reason I am so passionate about it is because I actually WANT them to do better and I want to see them succeed. I also want to buy more games from them because I love stern games but i just cant buy from them at the moment.

Stern can and should do a better job. These games cost a lot of money and they should be much higher quality than what we have been getting lately.

#6060 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hear you as it would be naive to think nothing would need to be addressed in the lifecycle of a machine but we’re talking brand new pinball games and the premier features of why people bought them over a pro. Whaaaaat? That’s what gets me. Some work and some don’t bc obviously stern can engineer it but can they spend enough time to ensure that works consistently and the answer is no. Why? BUY BUY BUY. It’s really getting to be much. Tweak a sling, fix a post but now I’m being forced to fix main features too? Nah cmon we deserve better.

Yeah I just don’t get too worked up about things. I can fix a mech. I can’t fix a fucked up playfield. So I’d be singing a different tune if I had a trashed playfield.

I guess I’m that rare LE buyer that normally buys WAY cheaper games and shops them out and is always fixing things due to running tournaments constantly, so whether it’s a 900 dollar game or 9,000, when issues come up, yeah it sucks. But I can either complain about it or fix it. I choose to fix it.

I don’t turn and burn new games so I have plenty of time to dial this badboy in and see where the code ends up and enjoy the ride.

Not saying that’s how everyone should feel. People that are pissed about stuff like this have every right to be. I just don’t care that much. Haha. Now back to dialing in my game!

#6061 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

My Elvira and JP PF's are in great shape after many plays. Thinner clear equals less dimpling, as if it matters anyhow.

I get your frustration Terry, just saying what my experience has been with the last two Sterns after a shitty IMDN experience.

Not that i'm a big fan or will buy it but TMNT will sell out as soon as its announced and shown.

There's a long line waiting for GNR.

#6062 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There's a long line waiting for GNR.

Really you think so ice? I cant see that at all. That interest me about as much as WWE does.

#6063 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really you think so ice? I cant see that at all. That interest me about as much as WWE does.

Me either, that's just what i'm hearing from distros, maybe its fake news? LOL

There are other themes i don't get either that people seem to love!

#6064 4 years ago

A rock band compared to pretend fighting mmmhhh. Here in Australia a lot want GNR but the price will scare most away. JP2 sold well here but that might be the line in the sand. I think Stranger things has been a huge flop here and i think pinball sales here are about to slide badly.

#6065 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me either, that's just what i'm hearing from distros, maybe its fake news? LOL
There are other themes i don't get either that people seem to love!

Well I bought AS so that's no better really so who knows. I think Jack has lost a good portion of his fan base after not taking care of his customers and I think its going to affect sales. Stern is in the same boat but they can afford to lose a few customers where JJP probably cant. It's going to be interesting.

#6066 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

A rock band compared to pretend fighting mmmhhh. Here in Australia a lot want GNR but the price will scare most away. JP2 sold well here but that might be the line in the sand. I think Stranger things has been a huge flop here and i think pinball sales here are about to slide badly.

I don't know how you Aussies keep paying those prices on every release.

#6067 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I bought AS so that's no better really so who knows. I think Jack has lost a good portion of his fan base after not taking care of his customers and I think its going to affect sales. Stern is in the same boat but they can afford to lose a few customers where JJP probably cant. It's going to be interesting.

Yeah you got me onto AS! It's a fun game.

Well, JJP has a cult following but you are right, i don't have my WonkaCE yet after 10 months, coming next week i hope, but i'm never doing that again.

JJP better announce a game and have it on the line ready to go. Problem with them is Jack will announce 2000 LE's and 1000 CE's with no rhyme or reason on anything.

#6068 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think GnR could be huge, but I am a huge fan, so I might be biased.

It's a fact that they are a massive worldwide band.Their recent tour was the #2 grossing of all time .

#6069 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think GnR could be huge, but I am a huge fan, so I might be biased.
It's a fact that they are a massive worldwide band.Their recent tour was the #2 grossing of all time .

I have heard rumors of Toy Story and I definitely think that could be a big game. That theme has a lot of possibilities and could really be cool looking if done right.

GNR will be an interesting to see how it is accepted. I hope they dont go with the new fat axle though.

#6070 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not having to worry about or pay for healthcare leaves more disposable income.

#6071 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have heard rumors of Toy Story and I definitely think that could be a big game. That theme has a lot of possibilities and could really be cool looking if done right.
GNR will be an interesting to see how it is accepted. I hope they dont go with the new fat axle though.

Maybe that will be one of modes...you start with skinny Axle and have him progress through the buffet line.

#6072 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Maybe that will be one of modes...you start with skinny Axle and have him progress through the buffet line.

Yes and the further you go in the mode the fatter and fatter he gets and eventually he just explodes. Thats when you know that you have beaten the game.

#6073 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats when you know that you have beaten the game.

The exploding wizard mode!

#6074 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know less and less people are buying now because of the crazy prices. It gets worse for us every few months at the moment with price rises. There is no other choice though if you want a new machine. We only have 1 distributor for each manufacturer.

#6075 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

they are a massive worldwide band.

speaking of bands, how about the latest demogorgon fix.

rubberbandmonster (resized).jpgrubberbandmonster (resized).jpg
#6076 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not having to worry about or pay for healthcare leaves more disposable income.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6077 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Let's see how much BS drfrightner can litter this thread with and still not address how he did a bait and switch on that TBL ad and then was too cheap to support this website.
Please - his word is as weak as his arguments.

So...I received a very long (shocking huh?) PM from the doctor and have some insight regarding his mishandling of his TBL ad. This post I am writing will be long but hopefully worth reading. I will not post his PM but can share the gist of it. I will say he does love his caps lock and exclamation points...good grief. So anyway, his reason for handling the TBL ad the way he did is that he just didn’t have time to respond to the 80 emails he received. In the spirit of the doctor...BULLSHIT!!! He doesn’t have time to respond to potential buyers of his TBL, but he has plenty of time to post very lengthy garbage about games he doesn’t have and in a lot of cases never plans on owning. Take this Stranger Things thread for example...he hates the pin, hates the show, but keeps spending time he supposedly doesn’t have knocking both. My favorite is his constant complaining about the “cheap” plastic “rails”?...I can only assume he’s talking about the ramps and habitrails. He’s gone on and on about the Pinside ranking of STh comparing it to some submarine visiting the Titanic or whatever to wanting to start a thread about a list of mods that will enhance a game he hates? So back to the TBL ad, he has plenty of time to do all of this but not the common decency or etiquette to respond to potential buyers through the PM system available here on Pinside. He then provides his personal email to communicate outside of Pinside. He clearly circumvented the Pinside ad process and was too cheap to upgrade his account and pay Pinside fees for the sale. He “used” Pinside, plain and simple. As delt31 has said...classic bait and switch. I was not a buyer but honestly feel bad for those that were. I can only imagine how excited a Pinsider looking for this title felt when they first saw this ad shortly after it went up and thought they had a good shot at getting it. I know this feeling very well when you know you are probably the first to respond and will in turn have the first shot at it. But then, only to get ignored through PM, see the seller go dark in his own for sale thread, see the price go up, and then get the runaround with personal emails and all this other bs. I agree with the doctor that it his pin and can ask what he wants for it, but that is not what happened here. He listed it at an attractive price then didn’t honor that price and went with a behind the scenes auction. I’m sorry those interested went through this and I’m sure they will not forget who the seller was, nor will I, when it comes to future ads from him. As far as him not having time, well, he didn’t need much. Should have been as simple as responding to the first person that said they’ll take it at the full asking price. I know there was at least one Pinsider that offered full price with cash in hand and was going to pick it up. This wasn’t hard, that’s as easy as a transaction as you can get as a seller and it wasn’t honored. Hope this may help those that were shafted by the doc with his TBL ad. Finally, he supposedly doesn’t have time because of his business building attractions worldwide, but has posted over 700 times, which as long as each of his posts are probably equates to 7000 regular Pinsider posts.

#6078 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

So...I received a very long (shocking huh?) PM from the doctor and have some insight regarding his mishandling of his TBL ad. This post I am writing will be long but hopefully worth reading. I will not post his PM but can share the gist of it. I will say he does love his caps lock and exclamation points...good grief. So anyway, his reason for handling the TBL ad the way he did is that he just didn’t have time to respond to the 80 emails he received. In the spirit of the doctor...BULLSHIT!!! He doesn’t have time to respond to potential buyers of his TBL, but he has plenty of time to post very lengthy garbage about games he doesn’t have and in a lot of cases never plans on owning. Take this Stranger Things thread for example...he hates the pin, hates the show, but keeps spending time he supposedly doesn’t have knocking both. My favorite is his constant complaining about the “cheap” plastic “rails”?...I can only assume he’s talking about the ramps and habitrails. He’s gone on and on about the Pinside ranking of STh comparing it to some submarine visiting the Titanic or whatever to wanting to start a thread about a list of mods that will enhance a game he hates? So back to the TBL ad, he has plenty of time to do all of this but not the common decency or etiquette to respond to potential buyers through the PM system available here on Pinside. He then provides his personal email to communicate outside of Pinside. He clearly circumvented the Pinside ad process and was too cheap to upgrade his account and pay Pinside fees for the sale. He “used” Pinside, plain and simple. As @delt31 has said...classic bait and switch. I was not a buyer but honestly feel bad for those that were. I can only imagine how excited a Pinsider looking for this title felt when they first saw this ad shortly after it went up and thought they had a good shot at getting it. I know this feeling very well when you know you are probably the first to respond and will in turn have the first shot at it. But then, only to get ignored through PM, see the seller go dark in his own for sale thread, see the price go up, and then get the runaround with personal emails and all this other bs. I agree with the doctor that it his pin and can ask what he wants for it, but that is not what happened here. He listed it at an attractive price then didn’t honor that price and went with a behind the scenes auction. I’m sorry those interested went through this and I’m sure they will not forget who the seller was, nor will I, when it comes to future ads from him. As far as him not having time, well, he didn’t need much. Should have been as simple as responding to the first person that said they’ll take it at the full asking price. I know there was at least one Pinsider that offered full price with cash in hand and was going to pick it up. This wasn’t hard, that’s as easy as a transaction as you can get as a seller and it wasn’t honored. Hope this may help those that were shafted by the doc with his TBL ad. Finally, he supposedly doesn’t have time because of his business building attractions worldwide, but has posted over 700 times, which as long as each of his posts are probably equates to 7000 regular Pinsider posts. As for the doctor, I’ve thought about putting him on ignore in the past, but honestly, his posts are just priceless. It’s kind of like reading the tabloids while standing in a checkout line at a grocery store, just too good not to read and pure amusement.

Im no expert, but that dude legit seems unstable.

#6079 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Im no expert, but that dude legit seems unstable.

He's more than few screw turns short.

#6080 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All great points. I can answer that question about how long will it take for Stern to stop doing this? Well until we stop buying.

I'm going to wait and see with tmnt that's for sure

#6081 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I hope so, stern and JJP seem to have a lot of playfield issues.

JJP resolved its playfield issues after the first run of Wonka’s!
Anything from September on has been good.

#6082 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Season 2 was definitely not as good as season 1, but I did think season 3 was much better.

Do you think if Stern had added season 3 material it would have had any impact on game play?

#6083 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Keep the glass on. Weren’t you on a crusade against buying new Sterns until they addressed last issues? What happened?

#6084 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Do you think if Stern had added season 3 material it would have had any impact on game play?

From the way they designed it? Nothing beyond artwork and a few modes maybe. They could even still do that with the LCD and modes in a future release if the powers that be let them. From a simplicity standpoint, I can see how using a demogorgan made the most sense, but I really would have liked to see something with the Mindflayer or even the Season 3 big monster addressed more on the PF as your actual goal somehow - or at least something to bring some scale to it for theme integration.

#6085 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Everyone pretends they know how to run a pinball company... Your assuming they didn't test these games?

If they tested them, we would know about them before announcement. They used to put out protos of new games at random arcade locations so they could see what works & what doesn’t, then revise and improve before release. They don’t do that anymore.

#6086 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If they tested them, we would know about them before announcement. They used to put out protos of new games at random arcade locations so they could see what works & what doesn’t, then revise and improve before release. They don’t do that anymore.

I don't think the ones coming off the line on a daily basis get played or tested as much as they should.

I think the overall game itself gets played and tested a bunch internally, but the individual games getting boxed need a little more attention in my opinion.

#6087 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No they don’t do that anymore, just like rock bands don’t play their entire albums in front of crowds for a year before they release them like Pink Floyd did in 1972.

They can’t do that anymore. The streamers and YouTube clowns would descend on the location like locusts.

#6088 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They can’t do that anymore. The streamers and YouTube clowns would descend on the location like locusts.

This is true.

#6089 4 years ago

Too many people roll right on past problem free JP and Elvira. Maybe a few little issues. But Pooling and chipping is NOT a thing 3 games ago

STH is having Demo issues. Sucks. Shit happens on an $8600 game. It doesn’t make me not want to buy it. Of course I’d rather it didn’t happen

Best thing to do is put nothing in a game and sell the theme and “personality”. Boom problem solved. Maybe that’s why they did that with Bricks. It was a genius move with that theme. It basically defines a large chunk of pinheads

The truth is that so many people that complain they are never buying these games again actually do and will. You can’t help it. I’ve said the same thing many times before as well. Don’t like STH pffft. Who cares. I don’t.

TMNT or some other theme people love by Stern will sell huge again. The numbers and facts just prove it year after year. They make fun games.

That’s why I buy pinball games, to play and have fun. With STH, that fun factor will include my family. “Boring”, it’s just the show! Just because it not a curse fest with crude humor Like Bricks does not make it boring. Lol

I’m a fan of Bricks too. Looks like fun. I won’t be buying TMNT either to own

#6090 4 years ago

n/m not worth the effort.

#6091 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I don't think the ones coming off the line on a daily basis get played or tested as much as they should.
I think the overall game itself gets played and tested a bunch internally, but the individual games getting boxed need a little more attention in my opinion.

If they played or tested the games coming off the line, occasionally during testing there would be a dimple or two on the playfield. Imagine people getting their NIB and opening it up for the first time to see a few dimples on the playfield. Pinside would implode.

#6092 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If they played or tested the games coming off the line, occasionally during testing there would be a dimple or two on the playfield. Imagine people getting their NIB and opening it up for the first time to see a few dimples on the playfield. Pinside would implode.

Agreed.

#6093 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That would be a great opportunity to sell at a small discount. Someone gets a small deal and the rest of the pinball community gets a better quality pin....win win.

#6094 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don’t buy a pinball machine if you don’t want to have to tweak it and fix it! Get it?

I can't think any NIB games I didn't have to tweak at least one thing.
It's a normal thing for most games.

My only complaint is the plastic ramps. Every screw hole is either cracked or broken off on my Elvira and GOTG.
Had to plastic weld them both back together.... at least the plastic bits I could find.
Not real sure if it's because the plastic is thin, the design of the ramp itself or they just aren't supported enough... wish they would just stick to metal.

#6095 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Explain the ball stick (pro lock) issue? They either didn't do ANY play testing at all because they rushed it out because of the R&M announcement or to meet some deadline, or they knew about it (which is more likely the case) and sent them out anyway. Either scenario is bad. I find it hard to believe that if they had actually spent any time testing it that they wouldn't have caught this.

Now, having said that.....well....that's the shitty direction many companies are going these days. Rush it out the door and fix it later. QC isn't priority these days. It isn't exclusive to pinball. Many companies take no pride in longevity of a product. Money over everything. People hate to hear it about companies they like, but it's the truth. There is very little reason to be brand loyal these days.

#6096 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

The QA on this game is shockingly bad.

Pro ball lock breaking, Premium ball lock not working, Demo positioning, Demo gate breaking...almost every toy on this game doesn’t work and needs a factory fix.

#6097 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Too many people roll right on past problem free JP and Elvira. Maybe a few little issues. But Pooling and chipping is NOT a thing 3 games ago
STH is having Demo issues. Sucks. Shit happens on an $8600 game. It doesn’t make me not want to buy it. Of course I’d rather it didn’t happen
Best thing to do is put nothing in a game and sell the theme and “personality”. Boom problem solved. Maybe that’s why they did that with Bricks. It was a genius move with that theme. It basically defines a large chunk of pinheads
The truth is that so many people that complain they are never buying these games again actually do and will. You can’t help it. I’ve said the same thing many times before as well. Don’t like STH pffft. Who cares. I don’t.
TMNT or some other theme people love by Stern will sell huge again. The numbers and facts just prove it year after year. They make fun games.
That’s why I buy pinball games, to play and have fun. With STH, that fun factor will include my family. “Boring”, it’s just the show! Just because it not a curse fest with crude humor Like Bricks does not make it boring. Lol
I’m a fan of Bricks too. Looks like fun. I won’t be buying TMNT either to own

I wonder how long Scott Danesi will bother posting here when we have guys like iceman calling his layout bricks. It's such an awesome joke though! At least Iceman has picked his tribe. Anyway, I get that your irritated by negative stuff being spewed at Stranger Things, but your little joke just makes you the opposite side of the same coin.

I think Stranger Things looks cool by the way, especially the moody atmosphere. I also like the idea of the demogorgon shot, I'm pretty sure Stern will work out the nagging issues in the end.

#6098 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I just want a decent Horror Theme horror was huge when i was a kid. Halloween Friday 13th Evil Dead. The kid in me was horror not Turtles or Stranger things whats next He man or She ra or My little pony.

I've always said that Army of Darkness would make the sickest pin

#6099 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Keep the glass on. Weren’t you on a crusade against buying new Sterns until they addressed last issues? What happened?

I haven't bought any games since Munsters. I would like to buy a JP and a Elvira but dont have the confidence to pull the trigger.

#6100 4 years ago

Really dig the HD glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/122?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.