IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 144.
#6001 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Too be fair, CFTBL has ramps all over the place, including the center of the playfield, and its does have metal habitrails to return the ball. Conversely, Stranger Things has two typical Stern ramps that simply hug the edge of the playfield. And by the way, thanks for making me look at a CFTBL video since you brought up the good old days. What a loaded game!.
Let's face it, we are all Frogs in boiling water. If we fell asleep just 10 years ago and woke up today, we'd have no idea where the hell we were. With the prices what they are and the lack of quality and lack of features what they are, new pinball would die. But since they turned up the heat slowly, we all boiled to death.

I was actually using CFTBL as an extreme case to convey a point, but no matter.
There’s a lot of games that I think just wouldn’t play the same if you couldn’t see thought the ramps.

#6002 4 years ago

I really don't care if a game has metal or plastic, as over the years it has always been a mix of both. What does kind of bug me is the lack of diversity in said ramp placements and returns in the last 10 years. Of course, there really is only so much variation you can do that doesn't interfere with the rest of the game.

#6003 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I owned an ST Premium and never had problems with hyperloop. It worked awesome, my best was 4 balls.

Had mine 2 yrs in March and have never had a hyperloop problem

#6004 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Mine I had to bend that fork ramp slightly to get it to work 100%. That said I've bought NIB games from Stern, JJP, and Spooky and every game something had to be fixed or adjusted to get them playing 100% after. Pretty much the same goes for used games after you move them. Everyone wants to open the perfect game that they can play forever without it breaking - but that isn't realistic in this hobby. Sounds like some people have decided that these types of problems are limited to a few recent Stern titles. Stop buying and start complaining about it here and see if you get your perfect game. I'd rather spend a half hour getting the game dialed in and then playing it.

#6005 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Mine I had to bend that fork ramp slightly to get it to work 100%. That said I've bought NIB games from Stern, JJP, and Spooky and every game something had to be fixed or adjusted to get them playing 100% after. Pretty much the same goes for used games after you move them. Everyone wants to open the perfect game that they can play forever without it breaking - but that isn't realistic in this hobby. Sounds like some people have decided that these types of problems are limited to a few recent Stern titles. Stop buying and start complaining about it here and see if you get your perfect game. I'd rather spend a half hour getting the game dialed in and then playing it.I couldn’t agree more... If you have zero mechanical or electronics ability and zero interest in learning, this may not be the ideal hobby to take ownership. Best to drop quarterS and complain about operators instead.

#6006 4 years ago

Playing the LE @ Starport. Love it

20200202_175506 (resized).jpg20200202_175506 (resized).jpg
#6007 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Can you imaging playing a game like CFTBL if it didn’t have plastic ramps?
It would be unplayable.

I'm not sure if I agree with that statement. I own a CftBL and I could see wire forms working instead of the plastics. the problem with the plastic ramps is that as they get all scratched up with ball trails, the transparency of what's behind/underneath them diminishes greatly.

swap out for a new set or flame polish the old ones and all of the sudden it becomes a whole new game (for a while

#6008 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Later build premiums seem to have much less issues than LE and early premiums. This goes for pretty much all the titles. My Later build TWD premium had few problems out of the box, but those LE’s were a mess.

Unfortunately, location games are disproportionately early builds.

#6009 4 years ago

pretty sure WH20 has the best plastic ramp ever.

#6010 4 years ago

I'm not going to post this in the stranger things owners thread, b/c it would seem like I'm rubbing it in which is def not my point. I still think the game is getting a worse rep (gameplay wise) than it deserves but quality wise (or lackthereof), this is really starting to get out of hand.

The poor LE guys who are going to take a bath on this game now have to deal with Sterns obvious rush job as that magnet lock shot doesn't even work. Luckily the community is so damn smart (shout out @lodgingdolphin) that there appears to be a fix saving Stern's ass yet again. A distributor gets on - of course not blaming Stern in any way...but says see guys - instead of getting the pitch forks out, shit gets solved.

Really?

So stern fucks up royally but hey - no need to complain, let's work together as a team to fix their BS. Where is the outrage to the brass at stern who OBVIOUSLY rushed this thing from the people selling us these games? I'm really happy that these guys get things fixed but how is this shit going to be resolved going forward if we just keep on taking it and rely on ourselves to fix it? Would be nice if the same people taking our 9K+ appear to care about the lack of quality too instead of just overlooking it. Playfield issues? Oh you're overreacting.....BUY BUY BUY!

#6011 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not going to post this in the stranger things owners thread, b/c it would seem like I'm rubbing it in which is def not my point. I still think the game is getting a worse rep (gameplay wise) than it deserves but quality wise (or lackthereof), this is really starting to get out of hand.
The poor LE guys who are going to take a bath on this game now have to deal with Sterns obvious rush job as that magnet lock shot doesn't even work. Luckily the community is so damn smart (shout out lodgingdolphin) that there appears to be a fix saving Stern's ass yet again. A distributor gets on - of course not blaming Stern in any way...but says see guys - instead of getting the pitch forks out, shit gets solved.
Really?
So stern fucks up royally but hey - no need to complain, let's work together as a team to fix their BS. Where is the outrage to the brass at stern who OBVIOUSLY rushed this thing from the people selling us these games? I'm really happy that these guys get things fixed but how is this shit going to be resolved going forward if we just keep on taking it and rely on ourselves to fix it? Would be nice if the same people taking our 9K+ appear to care about the lack of quality too instead of just overlooking it. Playfield issues? Oh you're overreacting.....BUY BUY BUY!

All true. BUT...I bought an LE because it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. (Pinside seems to almost always be wrong on this stuff...remember when Munsters was greeted with such enthusiasm? The initial reaction on this site seems to be almost entirely the opposite of what people think a year after the game is released.)

I liken this game to my GOT LE. I had that AWFUL orbit issue that I spent hours trying to tweak by ripping apart the playfield. At the end of the day, it was a 5 minute fix drilling out the mount for the diverter and pushing it a few millimeters forward. This fix for SThLE seems to be the same thing: A quick fix for a game that has the potential to turn out great like GOT did.

If I'm wrong, then fuck it. I bought a game that I'll enjoy for a year or two, take a bath on, and move on to something else. You can't win 'em all.

#6012 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

pretty sure WH20 has the best plastic ramp ever.

WH20 does have an amazing ramp.

I’ve always loved the volcano ramp in Congo. So visually interesting. Wish there were molds like that in modern pinball.

I’ll stop being off topic now. Lol

DE0998CA-E8BA-4363-8DB4-0515C638090A (resized).jpegDE0998CA-E8BA-4363-8DB4-0515C638090A (resized).jpeg
#6013 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The poor LE guys who are going to take a bath on this game now have to deal with Sterns obvious rush job as that magnet lock shot doesn't even work. Luckily the community is so damn smart (shout out lodgingdolphin) that there appears to be a fix saving Stern's ass yet again. A distributor gets on - of course not blaming Stern in any way...but says see guys - instead of getting the pitch forks out, shit gets solved.
Really?

What’s interesting is that the mech for STH that you have to adjust to dial in the TK lock diverter appears to have been designed to be adjustable. Stern just forgot to include any details about it so you have to figure it out. But it was definitely designed to be adjustable.

#6014 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

All true. BUT...I bought an LE because it looks like a hell of a lot of fun. (Pinside seems to almost always be wrong on this stuff...remember when Munsters was greeted with such enthusiasm? The initial reaction on this site seems to be almost entirely the opposite of what people think a year after the game is released.)
I liken this game to my GOT LE. I had that AWFUL orbit issue that I spent hours trying to tweak by ripping apart the playfield. At the end of the day, it was a 5 minute fix drilling out the mount for the diverter and pushing it a few millimeters forward. This fix for SThLE seems to be the same thing: A quick fix for a game that has the potential to turn out great like GOT did.
If I'm wrong, then fuck it. I bought a game that I'll enjoy for a year or two, take a bath on, and move on to something else. You can't win 'em all.

Exactly Boobie, don’t let the dipshits get you down

They don’t know squat. If you like it so be it

I know I will. Whiners and complainers that ain’t buying anyhow because they are broke dick haters don’t matter

The dummies don’t realize they are gonna take a bath on all new games. Bricks included

Don’t buy a pinball machine if you don’t want to have to tweak it and fix it! Get it?

Have fun and enjoy pinball. Lol

#6015 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What’s interesting is that the mech for STH that you have to adjust to dial in the TK lock diverter appears to have been designed to be adjustable. Stern just forgot to include any details about it so you have to figure it out. But it was definitely designed to be adjustable.

Definitely adjustable by design, but it has to be set perfectly. Too far in either direction can really screw that shot up.

#6016 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly Boobie, don’t let the dipshits get you down
They don’t know squat. If you like it so be it
I know I will. Whiners and complainers that ain’t buying anyhow because they are broke dick haters don’t matter
The dummies don’t realize they are gonna take a bath on all new games. Bricks included
Don’t buy a pinball machine if you don’t want to have to tweak it and fix it! Get it?

It’s part of the experience like the pops setup on TWD. Get over it

Have fun and enjoy pinball. Lol

#6017 4 years ago

Glad there's *kind of* a solution but it's a damn shame it comes down to nagging issues on nearly every $5500+ game.
RUBBERBAND (resized).jpgRUBBERBAND (resized).jpg

#6018 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Glad there's *kind of* a solution but it's a damn shame it comes down to nagging issues on nearly every $5500+ game.
[quoted image]

Lol

#6019 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Replace that with JP and Elvira owners. LOL

STH blows so lets get it right

#6020 4 years ago

The reality is that Stern is killing it right now. JP is a possible GOAT and Elvira is getting there.

Don't like STH? Get one of those games, or TMNT next or the 3 more games that are coming out this year.

Or a JJP GNR that is coming, not to mention Toy Story

#6021 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Lmao.

#6022 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The reality is that Stern is killing it right now. JP is a possible GOAT and Elvira is getting there.
Don't like STH? Get one of those games, or TMNT next or the 3 more games that are coming out this year.
Or a JJP GNR that is coming, not to mention Toy Story

Stern is not killing anything but possible repeat customers.

#6023 4 years ago

I think that not putting test games out at a location for actual players to play for a bit while factory reps take notes is hurting their quality control many of the issues could have been resolved before full blown production started.

#6024 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

LMAO, so so true!!

#6025 4 years ago

Okay. So I’m gonna throw my 2 cents out here and give my opinion. As a Pro model owner, I had a bad out of the box experience with my STH machine. Brand new. And there were some wiring issues that made the ramp inoperable. Okay. After 2 weeks, my distributor tech support finally figured it out. It’s fixed and it plays. Ok. Now. I have been following these forums closely, and it doesn’t look like LE owners have been having much more luck with their machines either! The magnetic ball lock for one. The demogorgon toy , for 2. I really don’t get it. Why are we having these issues with these expensive machines? Yes. I understand as owner/operators, there’s going to have to be maintenance done on a regular basis. But to have issues right out of the box is inexcusable. And the majority of the LE owners seem to be ok with this. I could see a couple units out there Falling through the cracks and having some small issues. But not this many. Or to have every one of them with the issue. Why are we, as owners, made to fix the issues that stern should have fixed before it even got out the door ?? It’s just mind blowing for me. I know I’m new to the hobby, but I work very hard for my money, as we all do here, to accept the low quality we’ve been getting on these machines. Idk. Don’t get me wrong. I love my game and I love the theme. I’m a huge fan of the show. But this is getting out of hand.

#6026 4 years ago

The reality is Stern is killing it. They could serve me a shit sandwich and I would happily eat it while Gary kicks my dog.

-iceman44 somewhere

#6027 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Okay. So I’m gonna throw my 2 cents out here and give my opinion. As a Pro model owner, I had a bad out of the box experience with my STH machine. Brand new. And there were some wiring issues that made the ramp inoperable. Okay. After 2 weeks, my distributor tech support finally figured it out. It’s fixed and it plays. Ok. Now. I have been following these forums closely, and it doesn’t look like LE owners have been having much more luck with their machines either! The magnetic ball lock for one. The demogorgon toy , for 2. I really don’t get it. Why are we having these issues with these expensive machines? Yes. I understand as owner/operators, there’s going to have to be maintenance done on a regular basis. But to have issues right out of the box is inexcusable. And the majority of the LE owners seem to be ok with this. I could see a couple units out there Falling through the cracks and having some small issues. But not this many. Or to have every one of them with the issue. Why are we, as owners, made to fix the issues that stern should have fixed before it even got out the door ?? It’s just mind blowing for me. I know I’m new to the hobby, but I work very hard for my money, as we all do here, to accept the low quality we’ve been getting on these machines. Idk. Don’t get me wrong. I love my game and I love the theme. I’m a huge fan of the show. But this is getting out of hand.

I can't speak for other LE owners, but my game has been perfect (other than shipping damage, which I can't blame Stern for)

My lock works great. My demo works great. I haven't adjusted one thing at all. Maybe I'm lucky...I don't know.

#6028 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I can't speak for other LE owners, but my game has been perfect (other than shipping damage, which I can't blame Steen for)
My lock works great. My demo works great. I haven't adjusted one thing at all. Maybe I'm lucky...I don't know.

Now that we know the TK lock is adjustable and can be adjusted so that it works as it should, I did that on mine and my game works great now. I am enjoying my LE and look forward to even more stuff coming in code.

#6029 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

In my experience the more they innovate or do things that have not been done before the more variation you’ll have or growing pains.

The three main features of the LE have never been done before. Add that slight variations in each of the features will cause them to behave much differently, it makes it hard to nail down a consistent fix/setup. I bet the hardest things to fix for stern are the things that aren’t consistently behaving.

#6030 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I can't speak for other LE owners, but my game has been perfect (other than shipping damage, which I can't blame Steen for)

My point exactly. These games are extremely complex and hand made. Impossible for them all to behave the same way.

Just part of the joy/frustration of pinball ownership.

#6031 4 years ago

You guys crack me up! JP is a GOAT candidate and Elvira is great and evolving with another code update yesterday.

STH is a great theme and will get there too.

All of you fickle HATERS will be screaming "take my money" when they announce TMNT next! And you know it

Like it or not, Stern is #winning. It's a great economy, all of pinball is thriving!

#6032 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The reality is Stern is killing it. They could serve me a shit sandwich and I would happily eat it while Gary kicks my dog.
-iceman44 somewhere

You just ate one so you should know what it tastes like! LOL

#6033 4 years ago

The same guy that is beating up poor Boss Hog for stating his opinion on Bricks and then coming into threads like this just to take a shit. LOL

All you Brick guys come on in if it makes you feel better!

#6034 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The same guy that is beating up poor Boss Hog for stating his opinion on Bricks and then coming into threads like this just to take a shit. LOL
All you Brick guys come on in if it makes you feel better!

I took a huge dump today.

#6035 4 years ago

I took a huge dump today.

Pretty much sums up all yer posts! The wit...the intrigue...and the insight!

#6036 4 years ago

Quoted from CrazyLevi:Pretty much sums up all yer posts!

#6037 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Now that we know the TK lock is adjustable and can be adjusted so that it works as it should, I did that on mine and my game works great now. I am enjoying my LE and look forward to even more stuff coming in code.

My LE works great as well. The Demi gate fell out and I put it back. No biggie. Shooter lane metal was binding so I bent it back.. no biggie. Everything else is solid.

#6038 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

My LE works great as well. The Demi gate fell out and I put it back. No biggie. Shooter lane metal was binding so I bent it back.. no biggie. Everything else is solid.

When you get time do you mind taking a pic and showing me how your bracket for the ramp diverter is aligned? I’m having trouble getting mine dialed and would like to see how someone’s looks that is working consistently.

#6039 4 years ago

ok, we all know the T-REX is the bad guy... but what i have done to deserve this !? lol
out of his mouth, rebound, and bump perfectly on the front of the jeep !

almost i've taken the hiscore (1.085 B) on my friend LE

WP_20200207_16_53_24_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20200207_16_53_24_Pro (resized).jpg

#6040 4 years ago

I have about 30 plays on my LE now. The more I play this game, the more I like it. I think it's really fun and addictive.

I really like the modes and foundation of the rules a lot.

It plays so fast, with great combos, and punishes bad shots.

I've beat the first 3 demo mode so far. The 2nd mode is. 2 ball mutiball and you have to get it in his mouth 2x I believe. In the 3rd mode you have to hit it in there 3 times.

#6041 4 years ago

There’s multiple stages to the multiball demo modes too.

#6042 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

-iceman44 somewhere

100% agree. Not impressed with anything from the last few years. But that is what happens when you focus on profits instead of your passion.

#6043 4 years ago

I just want a decent Horror Theme horror was huge when i was a kid. Halloween Friday 13th Evil Dead. The kid in me was horror not Turtles or Stranger things whats next He man or She ra or My little pony.

#6044 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I just want a decent Horror Theme horror was huge when i was a kid. Halloween Friday 13th Evil Dead. The kid in me was horror not Turtles or Stranger things whats next He man or She ra or My little pony.

Stranger Things is basically 80's horror. I will assume you didn't watch it.

#6045 4 years ago

I got through the second season it was a snore fest. Season 1 ok, I would not class it as horror though maybe more of a Supernatural Goonies feel. I heard Season 3 improved but i already gave up enough pinball action for the first 2 seasons. Maybe i should say Slasher horror or Ghost like The Conjuring or something like Exorcist horror you know something for adults.

#6046 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

More
Stranger Things is basically 80's horror. I will assume you didn't watch it.

It’s not a anything like his examples though. Strangers things has horror and a ton of kid adventure like the goonies.

Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Halloween Friday 13th Evil Dead.

#6047 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I got through the second season it was a snore fest. Season 1 ok, I would not class it as horror though maybe more of a Supernatural Goonies feel. I heard Season 3 improved but i already gave up enough pinball action for the first 2 seasons. Maybe i should say Slasher horror or Ghost like The Conjuring or something like Exorcist horror you know something for adults.

You ok my man?

#6048 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Season 2 was definitely not as good as season 1, but I did think season 3 was much better.

#6049 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In my experience the more they innovate or do things that have not been done before the more variation you’ll have or growing pains.
The three main features of the LE have never been done before. Add that slight variations in each of the features will cause them to behave much differently, it makes it hard to nail down a consistent fix/setup. I bet the hardest things to fix for stern are the things that aren’t consistently behaving.

I just can’t believe the defense sometimes on these forums.

Let’s assume you truly believe this is innovation, which I don’t...balls stick to magnets all the time, BUT let’s assume you agree. How in the world can you just accept stern release a game where that “innovation” doesn’t work? I sometimes think this hobby is full of suckers bc only in pinball will someone pay 9k and then make excuses for the company that just bent them over. It’s crazy. No you shouldn’t have to be their test pilot. It’s just not right

And ICE? I love the guy.... but even he knows he’s completely out of his stern defending mind at this point that there is no reason to even comment. No not every LE Owner takes a bath and I won’t even use the easy examples like GB but recent ones like hmmmmmm I don’t know - 2019 JP LE or 2018 IMDN? Now compare that to 2019 Black Knight or how about 2019 Munsters. Both tankers and owners that are taking it in the pants.

This game is fun. It’s being overly criticized for gameplay but let’s stop defending sterns obvious quality oversights.

#6050 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just can’t believe the defense sometimes on these forums.

Not defending anything just trying to understand why some games are fine and others aren’t.

I don’t want sterns job, that’s all I got to say. Haha

I’ve been tweaking my game here and there since I got it. There’s no perfect way to do it. Some are fine, others aren’t. How can you possibly control for that? I have no clue. I can tell you this though it would be a lot harder controlling for variances on new stuff that hasn’t been done before than variances in flipper performance or ramp layouts that have been around for decades.

Of course I would rather not have to fiddle with my games all the time. But before I bought it I was well aware of the risks. Just part of pinball. Always will be. No matter what you buy and who you buy from.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/121?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.